Mauderville RPG
A small town with a lot of history, and dangerous secrets. Some say parts of it are haunted, even possessed. A variety of creatures roam the small town, from fairies to shapeshifters to vampires. What lies behind closed doors and roads that dead end?
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »
xAmericanIdi0tx

Jordan laughed lightly. "At this point, anything sounds good." She smiled at her and got off the bed, still clutching the tissues in her hand.

6/24/2010 #31
fictionalxbliss

"Great." Phoebe opened the door and started walking down the hall. "Well I guess it's breakfast time." Phoebe walked into the living room, watching her mom unlatch everything. Jason was asleep in the recliner and Danny was passed out on the couch, curled up with the blanket up to his neck. "Hey girls," Kathy said with a bright smile. "I made waffles."

Phoebe got excited. "You finally opened the waffle iron box?" Kathy frowned. "No. They're frozen. I used the toaster."

"Oh," Phoebe said in a flat voice, wandering into the kitchen.

6/24/2010 #32
xAmericanIdi0tx

Jordan followed Phoebe into the hallway, glancing at Jason and Danny in the living room. She wondered how they could sleep after a night like that but pushed it off, the scent of maple syrup stealing her attention. Her mouth was already watering by the time she'd reached the kitchen. Jordan's stomach growled again as she sat down, sniffing the food in the air. "Frozen or not, they still smell delicious."

6/24/2010 #33
fictionalxbliss

Phoebe put two waffles on each plate. She set the butter and syrup on the table, then the plates. After pouring two glasses of milk and getting some silverware she sat across from Jordan. "Dig in."

6/24/2010 #34
xAmericanIdi0tx

Jordan beamed as she picked up the knife and dipped it into the butter, spreading it across the surface of the waffle. She didn't understand why they were being so nice, they didn't even know her. "Thank you." She said for the millionth time, smiling at Phoebe as she cut into her food. "You know, you don't have to be so nice to me. Not that I don't appreciate it, because I do." She said, popping in the first bit of her breakfast.

6/24/2010 #35
fictionalxbliss

"Like I said, you seem like a nice person. I don't have any reason to be mean to you." Phoebe stuffed a few bites of her waffle in her mouth just as Kathy came into the kitchen. She picked up Danny's keys from the counter. "Phoebe, Danny's grounded. No TV, computer, ipod, friends. Nothing. I've already got his cell phone. Call me if he tries to get out of the house." Kathy turned to Jordan. "Honey, you're welcome to stay here as long as you like. There's a funeral this afternoon, though. You're welcome to come with us or stay here."

Phoebe set her fork down and looked up at her mother. "Funeral?" The last funeral in Mauderville had been Hank Filner's wife, and that was years ago. Kathy cleared her throat. Her eyes were wet with tears. "Glad Chancey," Kathy said, her tone soft and quiet. Tears stung Phoebe's eyes. "That's not fair," she whispered, staring at the last of her waffles.

6/24/2010 #36
xAmericanIdi0tx

When Kathy said she had grounded Danny, Jordan could help but feel pleased, biting into her meal with a smile. But it fell when the funeral was mentioned. "I'm sorry." Jordan said, though she didn't know the boy. She felt awkward in the silence and just poked at her food, her gaze locked on the bottle of syrup. She considered going but remembered she already had plans.

"I'd go, but I have to meet with..." She hesitated, not wanting them to ask a bunch of questions. "Dr. Jane later today." She lowered her voice and stabbed the fork through the center of the waffle. having lost her appetite. Again.

6/24/2010 . Edited 6/24/2010 #37
fictionalxbliss

Kathy nodded. "Alright. Phoebe, I'll be here around two to pick up you and Danny. Be ready." Kathy grabbed her keys and left the house. She got in her old Ford Explorer, starting it up and heading to the office.

*Kathy to Main Street*

6/24/2010 #38
xAmericanIdi0tx

Jordan sat in silence and poked at the meal on her plate, slumping in her seat slightly. She looked towards the door as Kathy left, her gaze drifting to the living room where the boys were sleeping. Jordan bit her lip gently, letting out a small sigh. She turned back to Phoebe. "I'm sorry about your friend." She said, referring to Glad.

6/24/2010 #39
fictionalxbliss

"It's okay. He's probably in a better place, anyway." Phoebe stood from the table and dumped the dishes in the sink for later.

6/24/2010 #40
xAmericanIdi0tx

"Yeah. I guess." Jordan mumbled and nodded once, leaning back in the chair. She honestly didn't know if she believed in the 'better place' after death, though she wanted too. She wanted to know that after her own death, she'd have someplace to go...but that all seemed like too much of a fairy tale. Anyone who has been around long enough would know that there is no such thing as happily ever after.

6/24/2010 #41
fictionalxbliss

[[Jeez. Negative nancy. Hahaha.]]

"So what do you want to do?" Phoebe asked, leaning against the counter.

6/24/2010 #42
xAmericanIdi0tx

[[ Teehee. :) ]]

"Hhmm?" Jordan hummed out, looking back up at Phoebe coming back into reality. "Oh, uh, I don't know." She said and thought a moment. Honestly, she wanted to do something exciting and fun, but her body was telling her she needed to rest. It seemed that was all she was doing lately, sleeping. She didn't want to sleep away whatever life she had left.

6/24/2010 #43
fictionalxbliss

Phoebe saw her hesitation. "You know, you look exhausted. Who wouldn't be after last night? Anyway, you can have my bed. I'll crash in Danny's room. Scratch that. His room is disgusting." Phoebe chuckled and got a water bottle from the fridge, twisting open the cap. "Just don't read my diary," she teased.

6/24/2010 #44
xAmericanIdi0tx

Jordan laughed lightly and shook her head. "I'm fine. I sleep enough as it is." She admitted with a shrug, hopping off the stool and wavered slightly when she got to her feet. She braced herself on the counter and flashed Phoebe a smile, hoping she hadn't noticed. "I want to do some--" Jordan started but a yawn cut her off. "--thing fun."

6/24/2010 #45
fictionalxbliss

Phoebe lifted an eyebrow. "Yeah right. Exhaustion has you swaying on your feet. Get some sleep, girl. We've got plenty of time for fun." Phoebe poured the water in a glass and sipped it.

6/24/2010 #46
xAmericanIdi0tx

A smile pulled on Jordan lips and she rolled her eyes. She knew Phoebe was right and she sighed with defeat. "Alright. But I don't want to sleep all day." She clarified and started for the bedroom, covering her mouth as another yawn cut through the air. "Night." She called over her shoulder, stepping into the bedroom. Jordan didn't bother closing the door and crawled into Phoebe's bed, hugging the covers close.

6/24/2010 #47
fictionalxbliss

Phoebe waited until Jordan was in her bed, then she closed the door and walked back into the living room. She dumped her cold water on Danny's sleeping face. He jolted off the couch. "What the--?!"

Phoebe put her hands on her hips. "You know, you're a whole new level of douche bag."

Danny used a blanket to dry himself off. "I don't know what you're talking about. And what--?" Phoebe rolled her eyes and cut him off. "I'm talking about Jordan, numb-nuts. Did you even stop to think how she felt about all this? She had a boyfriend, a really nice, good, sweet boyfriend and you screwed it up!" Phoebe didn't bring up the cancer, figuring it wasn't hers to tell. If Jordan wanted people to know she would have said something.

Danny shrugged her off and went to his bedroom. He didn't want to talk about it. He was carrying enough guilt for both himself and Jordan.

6/25/2010 #48
fictionalxbliss

*Danny, Jason, and Phoebe to Graveyard*

6/25/2010 #49
fictionalxbliss

[[Jason went home. Haha.]]

*Danny and Phoebe entering*

After the funeral, Danny and Phoebe got ready to go to Old Bones with their new fake IDs. Phoebe shut her door and gently shook Jordan's shoulder.

6/25/2010 #50
xAmericanIdi0tx

Jordan groaned and buried her head deeper into the pillow, mumbled a few words under her breath. After a few moments of lying there, she knew she'd never get back to sleep and she sat up slowly, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. "What time is it?" She grumbled tiredly, stretching her arms over her head causing her shirt to lift slightly.

6/25/2010 #51
fictionalxbliss

Phoebe buttoned her jeans and turned to Jordan. "Seven. We're going out. Wanna come with?"

6/25/2010 #52
xAmericanIdi0tx

Jordan groaned when she heard the time and she swung her legs off the mattress, standing. She had missed her appointment but they could always schedule another. "Dressed like this, no." She laughed and crossed her arms over her breasts. "Think I could barrow some more clothes?" She asked with a sheepish smile.

6/25/2010 #53
fictionalxbliss

Phoebe opened her closet. "Pick what you want." Then she pulled a small card out of her purse and handed it to Jordan. "Here's your new fake ID."

6/25/2010 #54
xAmericanIdi0tx

Jordan moved towards the closet and bit her lip as she looked over the outfits, pulling out a decent set of clothes that didn't show too much skin. She looked down and took the card, looking up at Phoebe. "Are you serious?" She nearly laughed. "This should be fun." She joked and started getting ready, removing her pajama bottoms and replaced them with a pair of light colored denim jeans.

And instead of the Snoopy Tee, Jordan now wore a tight turquoise V-neck. "Ready?" She asked, slipping the ID into her pocket. Jordan ran her fingers through her hair and let it dangle over her shoulders in loose waves.

6/25/2010 #55
fictionalxbliss

As Phoebe opened her door, Jason passed her room. He backpeddalled. He wasn't the least bit ashamed when Phoebe caught him staring at her breasts. She punched him in the shoulder. "Not cool, Jay." When Jason opened his mouth to speak, Danny walked up. He glanced at Jordan, then back to Jason. "Look at her like that again and I swear to God I'll rack you myself," he said in a cold voice.

Phoebe rolled her eyes, but smiled nonetheless. Jason shrugged and stuffed his hands in his pockets. Danny dangled a spare key in Phoebe's face. "Let's ride." Jason followed Danny out of the house. Phoebe looked over her shoulder. "Time for some fun."

6/25/2010 #56
xAmericanIdi0tx

Jordan crossed her arms over her breasts when Danny looked up at her and she shifted her gaze around the room, biting the inside of her cheek. She couldn't help but smile when he stuck up for Phoebe and she stole a glance at him as they walked away. Jordan smiled at Phoebe and nodded, following closely behind her.

6/25/2010 #57
fictionalxbliss

*Phoebe, Jason, Danny, and Jordan to Main Street*

6/25/2010 #58
xAmericanIdi0tx

*Phoebe, Jason, Danny and Jordan Entering*

Jordan climbed out of the car and followed the siblings into the house, still clinging to Danny's jacket. Once inside, Jordan slung the jacket over the arm of the couch and made her way down the hall, going into Phoebe's room like she had the night before. Jordan crawled under the blankets and curled up into a ball, hugging the covers close. She didn't bother getting undressed or even removing her already smudged make-up, she was too tired to care.

7/6/2010 #59
fictionalxbliss

[[still 1 am]]

Phoebe slammed the car door, her heels clicking against the cement. Danny followed after her. "Hey, what's your problem?" She didn't stop or turn around. "Nothing," she snapped, crossing the threshold into the house.

7/6/2010 #60
« Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »
Forum Moderators: fictionalxbliss
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member