This is for the rules section since it is acting up. I will post it in segments...6/20/2010 #1
Please read all of the rules and leave a post in Questions and Chat saying you have read the rules. I will not approve your for Mauderville unless you have done so first. Most of the time I can tell by your character's profile.
1. Try to keep foul language to a minimum. Some cursing is okay.
2. Grammar! I'm totally OCD and I apologize for that. Please, please, please do your best to use correct grammar, spelling, capitalization and punctuation. This is my biggest pet peeve. I ask you to please utilize the spell-check that Fiction Press offers.
3. Be Respectful. No offensive comments to anyone, please. Let's play nice, okay? If it's in your character's nature to be mean, that's fine. As long as no one is directing personal insults.
4. DO NOT kill anyone's characters without permission. The same goes for NPCs.
5. When you post you must stat where your character came from and where your character is going. Example: *From the Streets* *To Carl's Catfish*
6. There is not a limit on characters as long as you can keep up with them. If you need help keeping track of you character's locations, please use the Where's My Character? topic.
7. Follow the rules of your species. Meaning, if they're a fairy you cannot make them five feet tall. Or if they are a vampire you cannot make them invincible when a stake is put through their heart.6/20/2010 . Edited 6/20/2010 #2
Species: These are really just some basic rules. I made these so no one gets confused. If you have any requests, let me know. You may add species that are not on the list, but please consult me first.
-- Werewolves and Shapeshifters: within the hour once it has entered the blood stream. "Healers" and "Angels" can sometimes heal them.
-- Vampires: Temporarily paralyzes them. May cause full or partial memory loss which may be permanent or temporary. Will generally make them sleep for 24 hours.6/20/2010 #3
1. They can survive on any type of blood. If you want they can eat human food as well.
2. Werewolves and shifters are their enemies.
3. If you want them to sleep, they can.
4. Sunlight may or may night burn them, that is up to you. If sunlight does not effect them they must have a special jewelry item which can be purchased at The Shopper's Boutique.
5. A stake to the heart can kill them. Silver weakens them temporarily, but too much will kill them within a week if not treated.
6. If you want them to be able to transport themselves or become a mist they can do so. The catch is you can only choose one.
7. They can levitate and have mind control if you want them to.
8. Garlic, holy water, and other myths not addressed do not apply to Mauderville vampires.6/20/2010 #4
1. They are half beast and half human. Engkantos are considered lower level demons.
2. Engkantos never leave the DunForest or the ground under it. That is their home. Exceptions are full moons and hunger.
3. They speak to others like themselves through their minds.
4. On a full moon Engkantos sometimes wander the town of Mauderville, looking for children as a meal.
5. Their skin is white with a gray hue. They are seven feet tall with glowing silver or yellow eyes. The average weight of an Engkanto is 250 pounds.
6. Engkantos are afraid of fire. During the day they disappear back into the DunForest because of the sun.
7. Engkantos are very rare. Very few people know about them. The people who have lived in Mauderville for a few years are aware of them, but no one really knows how to defeat them yet.
8. SALT. To protect good from evil, use salt as a barrier. This works on other demons as well.6/20/2010 . Edited 6/21/2010 #5
1. Mating is a mental, emotional, and physical bond. Most mates complete the bond through sex. "Forced bonds" can only happen in the joining of two packs or within a pack. Forced bonds are only physical.
To break a bond between mates, only one mate has to sever the ties. This can happen by simply moving on, finding one's true mate, or sleeping with someone else.
2. Overwhelming emotions tend to make them transform if they cannot control it, which takes a few years to perfect.
3. A werewolf cannot resist transformation during a full moon. It is inevitable. Pregnant werewolves cannot phase during their pregnancy (from moment of conception). If a male's mate is in danger during pregnancy he can phase back to his human form if necessary.
4. Most wolves survive on blood and raw meat, but they also enjoy human food just as much.
5. Going rogue. For a wolf to leave the pack they must isolate their mind from the pack and drink the blood of another rogue wolf, or a wolf from another pack to cut off the blood ties. It only takes about two teaspoons.
6. In most packs, it is illegal to become pregnant with a wolf from another pack. The pregnancy will be terminated.6/20/2010 #6
|Forum Moderators: fictionalxbliss|
|Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member|