Song Ideas & General Chat
Come here & talk about song lyrics and basic chat about recent songs that you like and what inspires you! :
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Nayenel

I like writing song, but are they safe? Because if I put my hard work in them i don't want no one to take them for free. i know the moment they're down it is copyrighted, but it doesn't change the fact someone can steal them.

7/26/2010 #1
dreamer-13

Agreed^^ I don't want my songs jacked for free - I at least want credit.

11/20/2010 #2
LongToBeLikeYou

You are right.

It would suck if that happened, especially since "some" of us can be quite young. Its hard to put something together, but its easy to take something.

1/20/2011 #3
dreamer-13

And I must say that the songs I write are quite personal - each one is a specific emotion that I don't really want to be exploited. My songs have meaning, they aren't just meant for people to download on their iPods and stuff.

Also, @JHKangel14: That is the coolest avatar I have ever sseen.

1/20/2011 #4
Ajvanho Rgx

I don't know, wheal I know. But if you put songs on FanFiction, FictionPress... Some song writer is going to use them and make milion's of dollar. Spicialy if I start putting my songs I make and play on my saxophone. I want wen I'm 20 years old Maximum start making jingle's for people who want (from TV and other). Before that I want to bay a Classic piano.

8/4/2011 #5
Nicholas Welker
In my opinion, most of the songs on here are so poorly written that I would never want to use any. But I'm sure that if any artist were to come on here and see a song they liked, they would ask for permission and give credit. I'm a musician, and when I can get to recording some stuff for my solo project Zombie Birthday Party, I might see if I can find any lyrics I like and ask to use them.
12/12/2011 #6
fantasybookworm2012
Most people On this site aren't going to steal lyrics or ideas. On fanfiction I actually had someone PM me to ask for permission to use an idea I ha in my fanfiction story. I really didn't care if they did or not but the point behind it is the were careful to assure they weren't plague rising my work. I ascertain you that it should be mildly safe and you COULD charge them with breaking copyright law if they stole your ideas from this site.
12/22/2012 #7
Forum Moderators: x alacrity
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member