Welcome to the Haven for Special Children HSC
Children--Teens and younger, are becoming more and more 'special' these days. Mutations, to speak kindly. The X-Men people got it right when they showed that most people hated 'special' children. A place where children can be children...right?
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Jade Lin Zheng

Cidney grinned wickedly, "Let's see who can get there first." And with that, Cidney slammed open the door and shot down the hall like a bullet, not bothering to slow down on turns but instead just fly over the walls. She wasn't sure where the cafeteria was, but who cares? She'd find it eventually.

12/29/2009 #31
Revriley

Casper having been to the Cafeteria before, grinned. It was on. He phased through the walls, using his ability of traveling faster than light to get to the cafeteria.

12/29/2009 #32
Jade Lin Zheng

((To the Cafeteria Topic then.))

12/29/2009 #33
Comicboy2800

Avilin entered the library "helloooooooo!" she called out. There was no response not even some librarian telling her to be quiet. "Wow this school is empty."

3/22/2010 #34
Revriley

"Yes, it certainly is." A librarian stepped out from behind several large stacks of books, his quiet voice barely noticable to most people. "But when more students come, I'm sure things shall pick up pace around here. By my count, there are...six students so far. You are one of them, I gather?"

He was young, far younger than what many people thought the average age of a librarian was. He had light brown hair pulled back into a ponytail, and small glasses perched on the edge of his nose.

3/22/2010 #35
Comicboy2800

Avilin was startled by the librarians sudden appearance, but she was excited to meet someone new. "Yes I am a student here, I just moved in." Avilin put her hand out. "My name is Avilin what's yours".

3/22/2010 #36
Revriley

"Name?" The librarian mused, shaking her hand warmly. "My goodness, I haven't used my name in so long...forgive me, it'll take me a moment to remember." he paused, tilting his head to one side. "Ah. My name was--excuse me, is--Aaron."

3/22/2010 #37
Comicboy2800

Avilin smiled,"that's a nice name, but why haven't you used it in so long?" She asked. Then impulsively she said "have you had to change it a lot? Are you an elf or something that has lived for a really long time and have to change your name so people won't know your hundreds of years old?"

3/22/2010 #38
Revriley

Aaron laughed. "No, no, nothing like that at all. Why, I'm only twenty-nine years old! As for why I couldn't recall what my name was, I...hm. Well, I haven't really had to use it very much."

3/22/2010 #39
Comicboy2800

"Oh" she said a little bit disappointed he wasn't an elf. She moved on to her next question "so do you have powers like the students here have?"

3/22/2010 . Edited 3/22/2010 #40
Revriley

"I think so." He hesitated. "It has been a while since I used them." He grew still, and his eyes widened, his arms reaching out slightly, of their own accord. In a faint voice, he asked, "What have you always wanted?"

3/22/2010 #41
Comicboy2800

Avilin had to think about that question. "there a lot of things I've wanted, but i would like to be as good of a witch as some of the people in my family. Or at least be able to cast a spell"

3/22/2010 . Edited 3/22/2010 #42
Revriley

"I...I see." His voice grew fainter. "Is it possible for you to become a witch with only an inanimate object? Such as...a wand? one of the most powerful wands not yet in existence?"

3/23/2010 #43
Comicboy2800

"Ah, well right now the only wand I got is a toy wand I got from my mom when I was younger. The kind that's a stick with a star on top of it." She said. "I still have it even though it probably has as much magic power as a rock."

3/23/2010 #44
Revriley

Aaron's eyes shot open, glowing white. In his hands shimmered a silver wand, without a star, nor a knothole such as the wooden wands were prone to have. This wand was straight--like a rod. Its only distinguishing marks were tiny blue gems encased in its surface. The wand itself was not very big, about a foot in length, but only one fourth of an inch wide. When the wand solidified, Aaron's eyes returned to normal (light gray), and he unsteadily held the wand out for her to take.

3/23/2010 #45
Comicboy2800

Avilin took the wand and stared at it in disbelief. "Wow!" she said in amazement holding on to it as though it would deem her unworthy of holding such a powerful object and fly out of her grip. "I can really have this?!" she asked excitedly.

3/23/2010 #46
Revriley

Aaron leaned against a bookshelf, one hand going to his head. "Of course. I created it for you, didn't I?"

3/23/2010 #47
Comicboy2800

"Thank you so much|" she exclaimed happily. She waved it around while trying to think of a spell to cast to test her new gift. She remembered her mother and aunts had studied various spellbooks to learn everything they knew. Spellbooks she could never read because they were kept on a high bookshelf she couldn't reach. "If only I had a book like that" she thought. At that momment her wand started glowing. A large book flew from a bookshelf at the back of the library and landed at Avilin's feet. "A New Witch's Guide to Magic: Volume 1" was written in gold letters on a black and white cover. "How did that happen?!" She said in shock after she noticed the mysterious book on the floor.

3/23/2010 #48
Revriley

Aaron's hand shook as he held his head. He slid down the bookshelf into a crouching position, his eyes unfocused. "You...you must have wished for a book on spells, or the sort. I...I...It--the wand....is sort of a cross between a wishing wand, and a spell casting wand. It cannot re...retreive wishes for you for very long, but its spell-casting capabilities make up for that de...defect."

3/23/2010 #49
Comicboy2800

"What do you mean it can't retrieve wishes for very long?" She asked while trying to pick up the book which was rather heavy."And why do you sound nervous?" She managed to pick it up but dropped it after holding it for a minute.

3/23/2010 . Edited 3/23/2010 #50
Revriley

"I'm not...I'm not nervous. I'm just....just tired. As for the wand, well, since it is not a full wishing wand, it cannot grant a large amount of wishes in a small amount of time. Here...let...let me help you." He lurched to his feet, and bent slowly to pick up the book, placing it on a desk, and flipping it open.

3/23/2010 #51
Comicboy2800

Avilin pulled up a chair sat in it and began to read. The first pagehad fancy lettering that read "Congratulations on making the decision to open this book. You are probably a witch or wizard who has obtained their first wand. Inside this book contains spells, curses, enchantments, and other pieces of information that young witches should know. So turn the page and let's get started." Then in small print it said "The author of this book is not responsible for any negative effects that may occur due to improper spellcasting". Avilin turned the page the first thing in this book was a spell to communicate with someone far away. Avilin got excited as she wanted to tell her family about everything that's happened to her so far.

3/23/2010 #52
Revriley

An elderly man walked toward her, holding out a telephone. "Go ahead. I'm sure they'll be very excited." He smiled kindly at Avilin, putting the phone down next to the book.

3/23/2010 #53
Comicboy2800

"What is it with people appearing out of nowhere in this school?" she thought. She dialed the phone. After a few rings someone answered "Hello This is Mary Figaro speaking who is calling?" "Hi aunt Mary" said Avilin It's me Avilin." "Oh hi Avilin how's your new school" It's good I have a lot to say is mom home?" "No" Said Mary "but she should be here soon she's comming home from work." "Oh alright I'll tell you then", Avilin told her everything from meeting Aaron to untill she made this phone call. "Wow" said Mary "you had quite an interesting day, but I'm curious how did Aaron get you that wand?" "Well he's right here if you want to ask him?" Without waiting for her aunts response she handed Aaron the phone.

3/23/2010 #54
Revriley

"We're just convenient, I suppose." The elderly man answered in response to Avilin's silent question.

Aaron took the phone, his hand still shaking. "Hello? Avilin's aunt Mary? Yes, this is Aaron. What? No, I'm not a warlock. No, not that either. I'm just a librarian....how? Oh--my ability? I can create anything I can imagine. What? No ulterior motive, I can assure you, ma'am. I...I...yes....no...of course. Your aunt Mary wants to...wants to talk to you again." He said, giving the phone back to Avilin.

3/23/2010 . Edited 3/23/2010 #55
Comicboy2800

"Well he seems fine" said Mary "anything else you want to tell me?" "No that's it" said Avilin. "Ok I'll talk to you later" said Mary "Say hi to Aunt Shelly, mom and big brother for me bye." "I will" said Mary "bye" They both hung up the phone. "now back to this book" and Avilin turned to the next page.

3/23/2010 #56
Revriley

"I should warn you," Aaron said shakily, his eyes closed. "That book is very mischievous. Treat it with respect."

3/23/2010 #57
Comicboy2800

Avilin thought "how mischievous can a book be?" But she knew not to question it when someone is giving her a warning.

3/23/2010 #58
Revriley

"Books can be very mischievous, miss Avilin." The elderly man spoke up again. "You'll see."

3/23/2010 #59
Comicboy2800

"I think that old guy is reading my mind" She thought. At that point Avilin thought she heard muffled laughter but maybe that was her imagination.

3/23/2010 #60
« Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Revriley
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member