Gossip Forum
A place where you can get reviews. Get tips on your work, and have fun and chat.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »
Poll
When you come to this topic, what do you do?
1 Read and review peoples stories?
2 Both
3 Ask for reviews?
View Poll Result. Please vote for one of the choices.
bookwormbelle

Reviewed Chapter One of Zero Squad.

1/7/2010 #91
taerkitty

Here are a few hints from my very short time at FP:

- In the review, state where I found the link to the story: it was one of the Just Ins that met my genre preferences, someone PMed me a recommendation, or (most likely) it was from a review thread, and which one.

- Posting links to the poems/stories being reviewed will help others go review it, especially if you give a rave review summary in the Review thread.

Links are easy: In the reading window for the work, click on the address bar and press Ctrl-C to copy it. Write the name of the work, highlight it, then click on the 'chain' symbol next to the 'Styles' pulldown in the toolbar. In the resulting window, press Ctrl-V to paste the URL into the 'URL' field. Press [Enter], and you're done.

- Posting the author's name with the piece name will help as well for similar reasons.

- When asking for a review, post a blurb for it so readers can decide based on genre and overview. Our summaries are good practice for us marketing our work, so they, along with the line of text stating genre, rating and length from the story list on our profile page make good blurbs.

- I make it a habit of posting links to all that I've reviewed (since I last posted what I reviewed) across the different review threads I'm on, so long as it's in keeping with the thread/forum's charter. By this, I mean that I'll post to this thread links to stuff I reviewed in response to requests on other threads as well. This way good pieces get evangelized, which is one of the things I want when I review - not just to help the author both improve in skill, but to also bolster the author's confidence and impetus to continue to write.

- If you go to Login | Reviews | Review History, you'll see what you've reviewed lately. This helps me in gathering data for my above postings.

- Unless the it's against with the thread/forum's charter, I'll be posting a plug for the work(s) of mine that I am hoping be reviewed at the bottom of each post to the review threads. May as well make it as easy as possible for potential reviewers - why make them click on my profile, then scan it for one of my works, only to have it be one I'm not as interested in? Mind you, I appreciate reviews for all my works, but we all have one (or a few) piece(s) that burns our wee minds at present time, yes?

Back on topic, I'll be looking at some of the work requested in this thread of course, but time is a little short right now. However, I do reciprocate reviews, so if you could review my Foster's Gambit, I'd be very grateful. Here's the blurb:

I could tell you my Angel tells me how to fight Demons and where to go to keep Hellgates from opening up and ending Life-on-Earth-as-We-Know-It, but what's the point? You either know about that already, or you think I'm nuts. Maybe both.

Supernatural - Fiction Rated: T - English - Supernatural/Adventure - Chapters: 7 - Words: 11,906

Edit: sealednectar, I owe you and will get to your When It All Falls Down ASAP!

1/7/2010 . Edited 1/7/2010 #92
K.M.Simpson

taerkitty You'd be great as a moderater here at GF. PM me if you're up for it, I need someone else to help me out, with telling these people what to do with reviews and all.

Guys again anothers message don't spam, if you review more then one story and then post another topic after the other, instead just edit the one you've done and write more you've reviewed until someone else has asked for a review or something. Got it??

1/7/2010 #93
bookwormbelle

Thank you taerkitty for the help! It's much appreciated.

I just pulled your story up and will be reading and the reviewing shortly; but in the meantime, I will again plug my story: Guerilla Smoke

Here is the blurb:

A young woman, Millie relies on smoking to allow her to feel something; without her cigarettes she becomes lost and numb. A reoccurring dream of hers begins to change as an unknown force tries to help her down a path of feeling. General - Fiction Rated: T - English - General/Fantasy - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,562 - Reviews: 3 - Updated: 1-6-10 - Published: 1-6-10 1/7/2010 #94
Vroooommmmmm

hashims updated.

here is the Blurb

The Hashims Part 1 : The Summoning Inspired From The Gothic Series,this RP based fantasy tells us whether the young boy bring back into the fold,an old magical cult that was sent into hiding a 100 years back and with them summon an assault upon the battle hardy forces of the rearisen evil.

the link is http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2760472/1/The_Hashims_Part_1_The_Summoning

lookin for reviews

1/7/2010 #95
Silvertwinkle

Hi, I'm sort of new to Fictionpress. I've hit a bit of writers block and I could really use a bit of help. Any comments, and/or suggestions would be really helpful. The stories that desperately need some criticism/suggestions on would be , Cedric and Veronica and A Commander and A Warrior. I'd also really appreciate some reviews on Toby the Tomato... I'm thinking of maybe adding more detail and seeing if i can get it published as a childrens book, but i'm not too sure. Thanks :)

1/7/2010 #96
sealednectar

Reviewed chapter one of The Hashims by eruilluvatar. Good start.:)

1/7/2010 #97
Biest

I've been working on Seth and Cy's story for quite few years now and I want it to be published someday. Hard to tell if it's worth publishing though and I really could use the constructive criticism, please and thanks. Story is called Black Petals: Overdose.

1/7/2010 #98
Silvertwinkle

I reviewed Behind the Purple Eyes, by smartcookie26 :)

1/7/2010 #99
bookwormbelle

Silvertwinkle--

I just reviewed the first two stories on your page: Cedric and Veronica and A Commander and A Warrior

1/7/2010 #100
macfaerie

Sure I want reviews, heck I'll settle for being read. I have but one story. I want to write more but if I can get through this one then we'll see. So if you want to look at something new. check on Finding Truth Kats Story. Thanks.

1/7/2010 #101
Not Over You

Reviews are always good =D

My story is Back to Square One, its a new idea I had. http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2758660/1/Back_To_Square_One

Just be honest and let me know if I suck.

If anyone wants their story reviewed let me know I'd be glad too.

1/7/2010 #102
PencilSketchS

hiya :) please read/review Winter Garden or Finding Mikail (both are works in progress). I'd love some feedback. Be warned it's m/m. If your not interested in slash then try How I Became a Vampire, that's a nice boy meets girl kinda story.

Oh! Try reading Wisp too (mild m/m, complete). I know the ending is sudden, but I don't know how to have improved it. If you have any suggestions I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

1/7/2010 #103
Your-Magpie

hey, i'm willing to review anything non vampire related- it just is difficult narrowing down the seach when willing to review :L

umm, if anyone could, my two stories i am most interested in anyone reading/reviewing, is These are Only Words and Powered By Infinity.

i do not mind returning the favour, fyi.

thanks, Keeley.

1/7/2010 #104
Esmee Lock

Could anyone review my two stories Death's Snow or Between?

1/7/2010 #105
RenEtAl

Review-for-review is a little too much to ask for, in my case. 54 chapters is a lot (even if some of the chapters are short). If I review your story, don't worry, I'm just helping you out; you don't have to review mine. But if anyone just likes to read... It's not a vampire story, but it's about a vampire: Things Aren't Going As I've Planned. It's in first-person. Even if you hate the story, I guarantee you'll like the main character.

I don't know if this is necessary, but I will go ahead and do it: I have reviewed La Divina Tragedia The Divine Tragedy, Untitled, and sorta reviewed Were We Ever Human?. I plan to review 31 Days of Loving Matthew and A Truthful Lie, so expect those to pop up sometime soon.

1/7/2010 #106
white wolf97

could anyone read my stroy why she wont talk? at least read the sumery.

1/7/2010 #107
RenEtAl

Things Aren't Going As I've Planned

^ My story. I probably should have done this before.

Links to reviews I gave:

Untitled

La Divina Tragedia The Divine Tragedy

Were We Ever Human?

Sorry I posted twice. I didn't know how to delete my last message.

1/7/2010 #108
tinydime

Hey everyone!

I just thought I might add my story on here to be reviewed from the awesome public, and of course I'll do the same to your guys story, but I'll appreciate if someone checked out my story Sleepless Beauty if you could ;)

Thanks K.M for refering me to this forum...

x0x0 Tiny

1/7/2010 #109
WriterOnTheMove

i've reviewed a little in both guerilla smoke and Things Just Aren't Going as I've Planned

please, if you wouldn't mind i'd love some feedback on my story A Truthful Lie. I don't expect you to read the entire thing because there are about 18 chapters, but i'd advise you to read Chapter one first and skip the Prologue. The beginning is really Chapter 1. The prologue is explaining more about her false identity. You'll understand better when you read it.

Of course i will review work whether mine gets reviewed or not :)

thank you

1/7/2010 #110
Jackson O'Connor

I reviewed A Truthful Lie, it was quite good. :)

1/7/2010 #111
Miz-KTakase

Have reviewed Finding Mikail

1/7/2010 #112
white wolf97

again, please, please review my story. it very good. but beware, its rated for r***

1/7/2010 #113
white wolf97

new chapter up for why she wont talk

1/7/2010 #114
Miz-KTakase

Reviewed Why She Won't Talk

1/7/2010 #115
white wolf97

hi its me again, thanks for the reviews for why she wont talk! remember, to all of the people who like my story, if no one reviews i will think no one will like it, so ill stop writing. SO REVIEw!!! pretty please???

1/7/2010 #116
sealednectar

Reviewed chapters 1, 2, 4, 5, and 7 of Sweet Seventeen, How You Hate Me by island.dreamm.ailani! :0)

1/7/2010 #117
sealednectar

Reviewed the first chapter of Back to Square One by Not Over You:-)

Mods: How do you add something to a previous post, as in, edit it?

1/7/2010 #118
K.M.Simpson

-----------------------------------------------------

Note: Yes, edit.

Also guys check out the new topic I've made for if you want to become a mod.

-----------------------------------------------------

1/7/2010 #119
white wolf97

if you like action stories, you should read and review mine!

1/7/2010 #120
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: K.M.Simpson Not Over You, taerkitty
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member