Gossip Forum
A place where you can get reviews. Get tips on your work, and have fun and chat.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 17 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 37 .. Last Next »
Poll
What's your favourite programme?
1 Glee
2 The Big Bang Theory
3 90210
4 The Vampire Diaries
5 House
6 One Tree Hill
7 Gossip Girl
8 CSI
9 None of the above
View Poll Result. Please vote for one of the choices.
Mizzuz Spock

Land Before Time

is the shiznit.

2/4/2010 #781
Mizzuz Spock

Taking a quick break I've been writing like mad for an hour on my challenge piece and I'm pretty happy with it so far.

Good luck!

I see you, me, and Lee are the only ones who've signed up this time...

I have an idea, but it's pretty lame, not gonna lie. xD

*still needs to go work on RG's WCC entry* I'm ALMOST done...

2/4/2010 #782
Vulpine Ninja

Land Before Time

Love it so much when i was a kid. Now when I look back I wonder how different dinosaurs can form a gang LOL

2/4/2010 #783
Mizzuz Spock

Alright. So. In other news, we're doing a mock party nomination thing in my Government class.

Our teacher assigned everybody as a Republican, because our state is a Republican state. FML, I'm a Democrat.

On top of THAT, I got stuck with three of the dumbest guys ever. Here's the platform for our candidate:

(I did not agree with 90% of this crap, but the whole "party faction" had majority vote for agreement. Naturally, being the only girl in my group, I got out-voted.) :/

* Send more troops over to the war, but have them deployed for less time

* Prohibit immigration into the country

* Health care: Rob from the rich and give to the needy (Tax-wise)

* Legalize m*** (and tax the crap out of it)

* Drill Alaska dry and export the oil for all its worth, decrease importing on foreign goods

* And last, but certainly not least, how do we deal with the criminals in America? Battle Royale. Pit them against each other in a televised Death Match until one person is left alive. And where will this be held? The Dallas Cowboys Stadium. *rolls eyes*

Oh, and here's the clincher: Our candidate's slogan is "America, can you dig it?"

*headdesk*

It's a good thing my teacher is only grading us on how long our speech is, that we actually HAVE a platform, and our poster. Thank. God.

2/4/2010 #784
taerkitty

You must have been a serial killer in your past life...

2/4/2010 #785
Mizzuz Spock

You must have been a serial killer in your past life...

What makes you say that? :O

2/4/2010 #786
Mizzuz Spock

I'm just going to go...set hobos on fire or something. =__=

2/4/2010 #787
taerkitty

Well, to be so screwed, you have to have done something to accrue a huge karmic debt...

2/4/2010 #788
Anise Cary

I'm with kitty on this one, for you to get stuck with that group with that um yeah I guess you could call it a platform but wowee, you must owe karma big time. Maybe you need to pull an Earl and make a list (sorry I love Jason Lee, and it's all Kevin Smith's fault, course I love him too so it's all good)

Yep I saw it's you, me and Lee so far. I'm sure you're idea will work out great and if not you'll come up with another one.

2/4/2010 #789
Mizzuz Spock

Well, to be so screwed, you have to have done something to accrue a huge karmic debt...

I was probably Hitler. That explains everything. *sigh*

2/4/2010 #790
Anise Cary

I was probably Hitler. That explains everything. *sigh*

I'm thinking that everything calls for a *facepalm* LOL

2/4/2010 #791
Mizzuz Spock

I guess you could call it a platform but wowee

Trust me. When my party agreed on a slogan, they all turned to me. My candidate pointed at me, all serious-like, and said, "WRITE IT."

So I did. With tears in my eyes, and sighing, "I can't believe I'm actually doing this."

America, can you dig it?

My grave, you mean? o.o

I love Jason Lee, and it's all Kevin Smith's fault, course I love him too so it's all good

Dogma, FTW! xD

Clerks and its sequel were excellent as well. Smith writes fantastic dialogue and his characters are just...amazing.

I'm sure you're idea will work out great and if not you'll come up with another one.

I WAS going to write a story about Peanut Butter and Jelly's rocky relationship. Peanut Butter was going to cheat on Jelly with Ketchup. But...it's hard to characterize condiments. They were basically rolling and hopping around the kitchen. xD

2/4/2010 #792
Anise Cary

ok now that sounds awesome, i was gonna go with a computer in love with it's user but some twisted part of me wanted to do a teacher/student thing, it squiks me out but it's what wants to be written, one of my friends actually said she liked the comp idea, I told her to get her butt over here then, start posting and do it.

he he he Buddy Christ, love the Smith movies, one and all. We own Clerks and Strike Back, want the rest, have you ever watched An Evening with Kevin Smith, it's hysterical, hubby and I laughed so hard we cried, An Evening with Kevin Smith 2: Evening Harder wasn't quite as funny but still good.

2/4/2010 #793
Anise Cary

oh and just warning you now so you don't think you're a thread killer again, I gotta go put the kid to bed, so NIGHT

2/4/2010 #794
Mizzuz Spock

I'm thinking that everything calls for a *facepalm* LOL

I've just been informed that if our candidate wears a suit, we get fifteen extra credit points.

O'NEAL BETTER EFFING DRESS UP!! Dx

2/4/2010 #795
Mizzuz Spock

oh and just warning you now so you don't think you're a thread killer again, I gotta go put the kid to bed, so NIGHT

Alright. xD

2/4/2010 #796
Mizzuz Spock

ok now that sounds awesome

Meh. I'm just not a good enough writer to pull that off. Probably going to go with some arranged marriage crap. EMO TEENAGE ANGST, FTW. Not. -___-

i was gonna go with a computer in love with it's user

Awesome idea.

but some twisted part of me wanted to do a teacher/student thing, it squiks me out but it's what wants to be written

Oooooh. I like that kind of stuff. Well. No. Not really. I'm not THAT kind of girl, I swear! xD

Funny thing, we had a teacher get fired from our school for "scandalous behavior with a student." Odd.

2/4/2010 #797
Mizzuz Spock

Just found out the Oscar nominations.

My vote's on The Hurt Locker for Best Film.

If it loses to Avatar, Imma be so pissed.

2/4/2010 #798
Vulpine Ninja

And last, but certainly not least, how do we deal with the criminals in America? Battle Royale. Pit them against each other in a televised Death Match until one person is left alive. And where will this be held? The Dallas Cowboys Stadium. *rolls eyes*

this sounds freakin' cool!

2/4/2010 #799
Mizzuz Spock

this sounds freakin' cool!

If this weren't for a grade, yeah. Probably. xD

2/5/2010 #800
Anise Cary

Oooooh. I like that kind of stuff. Well. No. Not really. I'm not THAT kind of girl, I swear! xD

Funny thing, we had a teacher get fired from our school for "scandalous behavior with a student." Odd.

It happens all over the place, not in my story the teacher wigs out over the idea, bc of course THIS teacher is totally squicked out over the whole concept. The ending came to me as I was trying to get to bed last night though. Man I do my best "writing" as I lay in bed trying to get to sleep. LOL

and MORNING ALL!!! Anyone else getting snowed in? ok so it's not that bad here but the roads are freakin nasty and I'm at school, I don't want to drive back home in this crap. TG I don't live on the east coast, one of my best friends is in the area that's supposed to get 1-2 feet of snow, lucky her.

2/5/2010 #801
taerkitty

Hope you stay safe!!!

2/5/2010 #802
Mizzuz Spock

Anyone else getting snowed in?

Unfortunately, no. We got a wimpy layer of snow. I was looking forward to a two-hour delay, but the fates are against me. Once again.

2/5/2010 . Edited 2/5/2010 #803
Anise Cary

yay, they're letting us out at 11, and no meeting. So I can go get the kiddo (ugh back country roads covered in snow) and then home we go.

2/5/2010 #804
taerkitty

Great.... FP's email notifications are dead again.

MS, did you touch them, too?

2/5/2010 #805
Anise Cary

Great now she's infecting the whole system LOL. I've got most of the e-mail notifications turned off on my account. Author and story alerts I'll take, I so don't need thread topic updates, esp when I can't check that e-mail account at school.

2/5/2010 #806
taerkitty

So how come you're replying to these posts so quickly?

2/5/2010 #807
Anise Cary

I'm bored, we were supposed to have a short day and an assembly at the high school, It got canceled. I planned a reading day for my classes bc they're always begging for it. I've been alternating hanging here with typing my challenge piece (well the parts I wrote up last night) and writing the end of it in my notebook. I minimize the screen and bounce back to it routinely. I browsed through some new stories posted but didn't find any that could keep my attention. really I should just be typing, but some of the lang in my challenge piece is not um "school appropriate" and so I keep minimizing it so the kids don't see it. I want to get it done but I should probably wait til I get home. Ok going back to typing, gotta get this piece done so I can print and edit, then it needs a title, and I need to work on summaries.

2/5/2010 . Edited 2/5/2010 #808
Vulpine Ninja

Oh yea, it's february. Winter there huh? It's an eternal summer here...

anyways.. just got back from Battle of the Bands. Some band totally ruined 21 Guns T=T

2/5/2010 #809
taerkitty

One possible suggestion is to have a legend and search/replace it later

f-ck == rutt (deliberately misspelled so 'truth' does not become 'tf-ckh' after search and replacing.)

b-tch == witchh (ditto for 'twitch' becoming 'tb-tch'.)

sh-t == stufff

The words have roughly the same meaning, but are work-safe.

2/5/2010 #810
« Prev Page 1 .. 17 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 37 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: K.M.Simpson Not Over You, taerkitty
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member