Gossip Forum
A place where you can get reviews. Get tips on your work, and have fun and chat.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »
Poll has been closed for voting. Displaying poll result:
Vote for the best forbidden love, remember look for the rules they have followed.
1 A Love That Could Not Be - Anise-Cary
 33%
2 80 Proof Love - Lee Daniel
 22%
3 Nochnoya Lyublyu - sophiesix
 22%
4 Aishiteru, Mr Broken Piano - BRIGHTeyes.X3
 11%
5 Loving the Black Cat - empurple
 11%
6 Obsessive Devotion -Vulpine Ninja
 0%
7 Kuro Ai - ArmariaSeole
 0%
Unique Voters: 9
K.M.Simpson

Writing Challenges.

So I've wanted to do this for a long time; but I didn't get around to it until now. So here are the simple rules to it. Me or either one of the mod's here will do a theme for a writing challenge for you all to do. You'll have a certain amount of days to complete this story or poem. Once you submit you stories here on the post, we will submit them onto a poll on here and then you will all have two votes each to vote for two people, (but not yourself). Winner will be crowned with 5 reviews off me, well thats if you have that many chapters or stories done, and atleast a review off everyone who has participated. Got, if not Pm me, I'll explain better. But it's a peice of cake.

This theme's challenge is..... Animal stories.

Now this my not suit what you're used to writing, but thats why you're here to write different themes and to create more genes. To take part in this you must write a story of atleast 1000 words. The story has to be about an animal, any animal. And then you must create a magical or true fact story on this animal. Boring, but it's your first go, just so you get into the jist of the challenges here. I might even participate too.

This challenge, is stricly from cheating, there is not way you can cheat. Just do your best.

You have up until the 21st of Jan, to submit this. Once you have written your story up give the link and post it here.

Until then happy writing.

And btw, if you loose don't lie and say you have reviewed when you haven't. It's a rule here, you stick to agreeing to the rules if you want to participate. Plus winners will be up on my site I'm going to make for all winners of the challenges.

Firstly please write on here that you're particpating first, so I can get to grips with how manys joining in doing it.

1/14/2010 . Edited 2/15/2010 #1
taerkitty

I'd like to ask that the reviews be something more than a single line. Try to benefit the author in some way, either by concrit, or by describing particular strengths so the author can work on other aspects of writing.

With KM's permission, I'd like to propose that a review have at least three 'points' in it - three aspects of the story where the author is strong (and why), or the story can be improved (and why.)

===

Edit: I'll be doing this, SM!

1/14/2010 . Edited 1/15/2010 #2
empurple

I got a PM from you, inviting me to this forum. I want to take on the challenge. Can I wait for a reply telling me to go ahead and do the story?

1/15/2010 #3
K.M.Simpson

Yes you can start whenether you like. It just has to be in for next thursday. XD

1/15/2010 #4
empurple

So... Wait.

How do I tell you when I'm done with my story?

1/15/2010 #5
K.M.Simpson

You post here giving the link.

1/15/2010 #6
taerkitty

Once you have written your story up give the link and post it here.

(Don't worry, I had to go look for it as well.)

1/15/2010 #7
empurple

Thank you!

1/15/2010 #8
sophiesix

Sounds like fun! I'm in! :D

1/18/2010 #9
Mizzuz Spock

Rawrr.

I'll do it.

Even if I don't find time to submit my piece, I'll still gladly review the winner. :]

1/18/2010 #10
sophiesix

lol, ditto Mizzuz Spock. now, it needs to be a story not a poem? at first it said either, but for this one's rules it says story? (1000 words is a long poem :) ) And it needs to be about an animal, but there can be magic involved, so would the animal always necessarily have to be an animal, or could it magic into something else?

Thanks!

EDIT: never mind, I think I've done something that will suit without needing answers to any of that i hope ^-^

So: i'm officially playing with The Feast of the Iron Whale

(huzzah!)

(and looking forward to reading the other entries :D)

1/18/2010 . Edited 1/19/2010 #11
Vulpine Ninja
i wonder if furries are acceptable....
1/20/2010 #12
taerkitty

Reviewed. I didn't put the "pro" in "procrastinate" - that honour goes to the Mizzuz, but I do lie to myself and say "I work best under pressure" so I'll be up-chucking something today...

1/20/2010 #13
taerkitty

http://www.fictionpress.com/topic/4244/1522649/1/#1536615 has a bunch of prompts I came up with during a boring class.

1/20/2010 . Edited 1/21/2010 #14
K.M.Simpson

Oh yes that reminds me, stories due tomorrow. So start posting them here.

1/20/2010 #15
Narq

Hi!

I'm in~

This is my submission: The Freedom Fighter

1/20/2010 . Edited 1/20/2010 #16
taerkitty

OMG, the legendary Narq!!! I had better be ready to represent!

1/20/2010 #17
Vulpine Ninja

Taerkitty made me write this Curse of the Hybrid, I just completed it this morning. but I'm not sure if it fits in 'animal stories'. Reject it if you must. =/

1/20/2010 #18
sophiesix

well i vote it goes with the theme anyway, seeing as a part animal/part human was what i was thinking of writing about before i went all sharkky :) it is an 'animal story', i think. vulpine is more animal than human in many ways :)

1/20/2010 #19
Narq

Yeah, I think it counts too, as long as there is an animal aspect to it, which there is.

Good luck everyone!

1/20/2010 #20
taerkitty

Days of Madness (Gossip Forum Challenge) is my entry. As you know, I don't hold back with my critiques. I ask that you return the fervor (or favour, or fever...)

1/21/2010 #21
K.M.Simpson

Good luck guys! You have up until tonight. Remember to vote. Once the polls up, I'm just making a website now for the challenges.

1/21/2010 #22
Vulpine Ninja

I'm having fun. Can't wait for the next challenge :D

1/21/2010 #23
K.M.Simpson

The website for winners and that is: http://gossipforumchallenges.webs.com/

1/21/2010 #24
Narq

btw, is the poll supposed to be up or not??

1/21/2010 #25
taerkitty

-OFF TOPIC-

I know we all mean well and are just trying to be friends and encourage one another, but this thread should be kept clean. I hate deleting off-topic posts, but I have, and will continue to do so, with great regret in my heart. (After KM posts the next challenge, this post will also be retired.)

-/OFF TOPIC-

1/21/2010 #26
Mizzuz Spock

Tadah!

Wow, barely managed to enter on time. xD

Hoppily Ever After

And I managed to work in one of those cryptic endings. (Or tried to, anyway.) x]

I can't wait to read all the entries tomorrow when I am well-rested and whatnot.

1/21/2010 #27
K.M.Simpson

---------

POLL IS NOW UP!

---------

Get voting, your best animal story.

1/22/2010 #28
taerkitty

I'm taking it as assumed you can't vote for your own, right?

1/22/2010 #29
Mizzuz Spock

Once you submit you stories here on the post, we will submit them onto a poll on here and then you will all have two votes each to vote for two people, (but not yourself).

Oops...

Just kidding! xD

Best of luck, everyone! I thought everyone did an amazing job. :]

1/22/2010 . Edited 1/23/2010 #30
Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: K.M.Simpson Not Over You, taerkitty
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member