Mages RP
Mages populate the nations, bending the powers of life to their will for good or ill. Join, create your own species or magic powers if you want, and shape the world.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 .. Last Next »
Writing-Is-Fun

This part of the story focuses around Isaac Hawkins and his evil White Tower in the Gray Lands.

(Topic suspended after site revamp; due to previous activity, it will be locked and "archived")

5/18/2011 . Edited by Catorrina, 8/17/2013 #1
Catorrina

(Guess I'll throw Destiny here... it sounds like could be interesting.)

Destiny ambled across the plains at a slow pace, pausing frequently to stare at the tower looming ahead of her, or the sky above, reading the wind currents in the air. "A storm in three hours," she said to herself. "Maybe there will be lightning." She picked up her pace. If there was lightning, then the best place to watch would be high in the tower- maybe at the top if she could make it in time.

5/31/2011 #2
Writing-Is-Fun

Under the dark clouds forming in the area around the tower a strange man clothed in black masked his presence, completely silencing himself from most of the world, and followed a girl who was approaching the area near his master's tower.

He whispered to himself, "It's time for blood."

(I assume that since Destiny has left the Hurricane Tower to travel the world this is not the place she is approaching. I shall have Cutter follow her masked under his silent spells.)

5/31/2011 #3
Catorrina

(Whoops, didn't specify... you assume correct, though.)

Destiny watched as the first drops of rain hit the ground, slow at first, but gradually faster. "I'll be just in time," she said, approaching the entrance to the tower. "Unless they won't let me watch... But I suppose lightning's still nice to watch from the ground." She glanced around then, suddenly aware that there was no one around, despite the large building. "I wonder if anyone even lives here anymore."

5/31/2011 #4
Writing-Is-Fun

"Time to answer her question." Cutter smirked as he ran behind a nearby tree and threw silenced knives out from under its branches.

She would not be able to hear him, but he had to be very careful when moving about since any mud or rain that he touched could potentially reveal his hidden form if he was not careful or slipped. Although he had a sound barrier around him that helped to erase his presence from the world it only went so far. He was sure he would be able to kill her before she noticed the fast approaching knives for as they spun in the air they made no noise at all.

5/31/2011 #5
Catorrina

Destiny felt the distortion of the air current behind her and used a gust of wind from the storm to knock the knives to one side. She turned to see no one there. "That's a bit unfair," she said, tilting her head to one side. "Hiding like that. Couldn't you show yourself and give me a fair fight?"

5/31/2011 #6
Writing-Is-Fun

"So much for that." Cutter though to himself, "I can kill her another way though." Cutter raised his hand and let his bone magic flow. Very quickly he pointed it at Destiny. It was time to break her apart and he started doing that by pretending to crush her body frame in his hand. She would hopefully feel the presence of his bone magic and be too afraid to escape for his target was her rib cage.

5/31/2011 #7
Catorrina

Destiny felt the pressure on her bones, but was more curious than frightened. She'd never felt magic like that before, so much like hard wind blowing from all sides but without the wind... What a waste, she realized. A tornado was much more impressive, and she decided to show her opponent, reaching out a hand and drawing wind from the storm, shaping it into the beginnings of a funnel cloud in front of her.

6/1/2011 #8
Writing-Is-Fun

Cutter watched the funnel of tornado form and continued with his bone magic. In doing so he used it to try and snap her ribs. He also threw out a few more silenced knives in hopes they would reach her and cut her, but the air near her was making it harder for him to perform his magic.

6/6/2011 #9
Catorrina

The funnel cloud, fully formed, deflected the blades easily. The magic, however, wasn't as easy to deflect, and Destiny felt one of her ribs snap. Her concentration faltered for a moment, and the tornado shifted wildly before she could regain control. "You'd do best not to break my concentration," she gasped. "Once the storm is formed, my magic holds it in place. Killing me will let loose a wild storm near your tower."

6/8/2011 #10
Writing-Is-Fun

"I don't care this is my boss's tower." Cutter answered. He snapped his fingers together on the hand he was using and then said, "Enjoy the pressure on your ankles I'll be sure to snap them so you're unable to walk. Then all I have to do is drag you to my boss; once that's done you'll be in for more pain if you don't say why you're here now because neither of us take kindly to strangers." By snapping his fingers he had forced his magic to move through her legs and down to her feet where it was building up now. He giggled at the coming predicament.

6/8/2011 #11
Catorrina

"I'll go if you don't want me... you didn't have to attack," Destiny replied. "I was just here to watch the storm... lightning is so beautiful from high up..." She looked longingly up at the sky, quite forgetting her predicament and the tornado as she caught sight of a particularly large flash of lightning. The tornado, free, grew bigger and began moving towards where Cutter was positioned.

6/8/2011 #12
Writing-Is-Fun

Cutter started to run from the incoming tornado. He could feel it slowly sucking him and many other things in.

"You really should get off this property now," he cried as he managed to grab onto a log and hold on for dear life.

Mr. Hawkins was not going to be happy that she was near his tower. He decided the most simple thing to do now was kill her since she was trying to kill him apparently now, plus she had come here for an entirely different than probably what she was spouting from her lips.

"Listen you I'm not giving anymore warnings your dead now." he cried over the roar of the wind.

6/9/2011 #13
Catorrina

Hearing his voice caught Destiny's attention, and she looked away from the storm. "What was that?" she called, "I can't hear you over the wind... oops." She realized she had let go of the tornado and struggled to get it back under control. "My apologies, I get distracted sometimes...Especially during storms. I'll leave now before I cause damage." She quieted the tornado and began walking away from the tower, quite forgetting that she was in a battle.

6/9/2011 #14
Writing-Is-Fun

"Don't turn your back on me!" Cutter cried increasing the sound of his voice with his Silent magic so that it felt like whoever he had it directed at would feel the sound of nails on a chalkboard. His intended target was of course Destiny.

6/10/2011 #15
Catorrina

Destiny felt the force of the the blast and cringed, covering her ears. "How am I to face an invisible man?" she shouted, although, being temporarily deafened, she couldn't hear the sound of her own shout.

6/10/2011 #16
Writing-Is-Fun

"You don't; you run." Cutter whispered. He threw out two more silenced knives, but as he did he noticed he was running short on them. When he was near Isaac's tower he normally did not carry many around, but even so Destiny's little tornado stunt and deprived him of a few when it blew near him. Unbeknown to him another person was watching their fight.

--

"Cutter, Cutter, Cutter, you stupid maniac. You attack a girl who can summon tornadoes, yet do not do so in a careful manner. All I think you want today is blood." a young girl's voiced from a top a tower. Then she jumped using her magic to raise the earth beneath her feet and create a large ramp to slide down on.

6/10/2011 #17
Catorrina

Destiny swiped the blades away as she did before and turned to watch the girl slide down the ramp. "Impressive. Who are you," she yelled.

6/11/2011 #18
HaruAmbrosius

Suddenly Robert ran up from behind, panting heavily and pointing at Destiny. "You... you...you're... a vampire, aren't you...?" he choked.

Toya walked up next to him impatiently, tossing a glare at him. "Wait, so you mean we followed someone for THREE FREAKING DAYS that acts IN NO WAY like a vampire, JUST SO YOU COULD ASK HER IF SHE WAS A VAMPIRE? Dear gods, if you love me you'll kill me now..."

6/11/2011 #19
Catorrina

Destiny waited for the girl to answer, unaware of the person behind her.

6/11/2011 #20
HaruAmbrosius

"Listen to me when I'm talking to you!" Robert hissed, unaware that she couldn't hear him. Toya rolled her eyes.

6/11/2011 #21
Writing-Is-Fun

"SILENCE!" Cutter cried sending out a wave of sound magic from his mouth. It was powerful enough to split a tree and headed directly towards Robert and Toya.

Molly just ground her foot into the ground and hoped they all would shut up. She could clearly see that Destiny was oblivious, or pretending to be so because their were two odd people behind her.

"I am Molly Harrison the rightful heir to the Harrison fortune, unfortunately due to my stupid father I've planned to live here at the tower you've undoubtedly seen, and when the time comes, I shall help my master,Isaac Hawkins, destroy the world."

6/11/2011 #22
HaruAmbrosius

Robert and Toya stepped to the side slightly, watching the grass part incredibly close to them from the wave and falling silent.

6/11/2011 #23
Catorrina

"It's nice to meet you, Molly," Destiny said, rubbing her ears. She then turned around to Robert and Toya. "How long have you been here?"

6/11/2011 #24
HaruAmbrosius

"Well, my dad thought you were a vampire so we've been following you for around three days," Toya explained, much to Robert's irritation.

6/11/2011 #25
Writing-Is-Fun

"I've been at this tower two years. Cutter's been here only a short while; he's a hired mercenary." Molly answered Destiny ignoring the people behind her. Cutter grimaced at her and Destiny. "Cutter wants me to capture you now. It's an unfortunate circumstance, but until further notice I'm going to have to make you my prisoner."

Molly raised her hands and clapped them twice. A wall rose up between her, Cutter, Destiny, Toya, and Robert.

6/11/2011 #26
HaruAmbrosius

"You know what dad? Why do you have to keep getting us into all of this crap?"

"As if I could've guessed we'd run into a bunch of mutants or whatever they are."

6/11/2011 #27
Catorrina

"Oh...being imprisoned sounds bad..." She looked up at the storm. "At least it's a beautiful day."

6/11/2011 #28
HaruAmbrosius

Toya started shaking Robert violently. "I DON'T WANT TO BE IMPRISONED! ESPECIALLY NOT WITH THAT PERSON!"

6/11/2011 #29
Writing-Is-Fun

"Tee-hee. My orders are absolute kill or imprison everyone who approaches the White Tower. Since Cutter is incapable of killing you I will just imprison you." Molly giggled as she continued by creating another wall behind the people she was trapping.

Cutter quickly used some of his magic and created a bone fence that crisscrossed along the open ends of the two walls. He was huffing and puffing as he did this though because he was already starting to run out of energy to use magic.

6/11/2011 #30
Page 1 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Catorrina Bloodra
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member