This Means War! RPG
Over the years, we have all played first-person shooter games, like COD 4&6. Now, it's the writer's turn. Pull on your bulletproof vest, and grab you're M-10. It's party time.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
PhantomMan15.5

(The captital city of iraq. Enjoy.)

1/22/2010 #1
PhantomMan15.5

(Mkay, I'll start it out...)

It was the dead of night, and on all sides of us, nothing but darkened beach. How would we have been able to know if our enemies were just outside our camp? We couldn't have known. As a soldier, this is where a razor-sharp instinct becomes most useful.

"This is spooky..." I said to my squad, as we all sat in the center of our camp, around a single oil-lamp "I can't see anything."

1/31/2010 #2
Melf

I glanced at the other Jacob, half his face hidden in shadow. It was my first time working with a soldier. I grinned. "Use your other senses," I replied, shifting the .40 Glock automatic on my lap. The pistol was my first gun; before, I had had gadgets and swords and staffs, but no gun. I was excited to work with a 25-year old.

Youtube

11/9/2010 . Edited 11/9/2010 #3
PhantomMan15.5
I leaned foreword, looking inquisitivly at our squad's youngest member's weapon. "Your first gun." I said with a laugh, shaking my head a bit "Yeah, I remember the first time they ever gave me a pistol. I think there's still a few surgical scars left on that janitor in the shooting range." A low chuckle passed my lips "Just remember to respect the weapon. Don't go pulling that trigger unless it's absolutely nessassary.
11/9/2010 #4
Melf

"Thanks for the advice," I said, grinning. I leaned my head against a log. "How long have you worked with the army? Have you ever been under fire?"

11/10/2010 . Edited 11/10/2010 #5
PhantomMan15.5

I rubbed my chin, thinking about the question. "Six years." I decided, sitting up "Since I was nineteen. I signed up after I dropped outta college, been in the army ever since."

11/10/2010 #6
Melf

I raised an eyebrow. "Six years? Nice." I leaned back and became aware of a sound. Footsteps.

"Uh... Jacob..."

Gunfire rang out.

11/11/2010 #7
PhantomMan15.5

"Shit!" I screamed, dropping to the ground hard "Hit the dirt, now!!"

My men quickly filled the ground around me, taking cover behind boxes and logs they had formerly used as seats. Looking around, I snatched up my M16, holding it to my chest as I leaned up against an iron box nearby.

"Zeus, this is fire team zulu!" I screamed into my radio, unclipping it from my belt "We've been engaged by enemy insurgents, requesting permission to return fire, over!"

"This is zeus, you have been cleared to engage." a voice crackled in, allowing me a sigh of relief "We will be sending reinforcements to your position ASAP, over."

I turned off the radio, returning it to my belt. "Return fire, men, don't let them get too close!" I paused, looking around the camp "Where the hell is the kid!?"

11/11/2010 #8
PhantomMan15.5

(As a side note, I'd say that this story takes place in 2002, closer to the start of the war.)

11/11/2010 . Edited 11/11/2010 #9
Melf

Where was I? At the sound of gunfire, I had grabbed the Glock and leapt into a nearby bush. Very heroic of me. But then I had silently crept up to the attackuing force. My size was an advantage; the enemy was looking for full-sized men.

When I was a mere ten feet away, I knew exactly what to do. I had so little time, though....

An analog watch was on my wrist, given to me by the CIA. It was in Bagdad time. Quietly, I slipped it off my wrist and grinned. Most watches had quartz crystals: the CIA had made mine have rubidium. I took the metal out of my watch and unhooked the waterbottle from my belt. I back up, ducked into a bush, stuck the rubidium in the bottle, and threw it as far as I could.

The bottle flew magnificently through the air and hit one of the Iraqis on the head. It bounced off and landed at his feet. His foot bumped it, which turned it upside down, and the water touched the rubidium.

The result was like a hand grenade. All alkali metals were explosive with water, and rubmidium was one of the msot recative. The explosion knocked a circle in the center of the Iraqi soldiers. A good thirty Iraqis were killed, probably twnety more were injured, and the rest had dove ot the ground and dropped their guns during the explosion.

I ran back to the other American soldiers. "Good, right?" I grinned.

11/11/2010 #10
Melf

((Jacob's a little... recorseful and knowledgeable))

11/11/2010 . Edited 11/11/2010 #11
PhantomMan15.5

(Careful, Melf. Don't wanna make a character that's too perfect. We're already kind of borderline with him being 14 and in the CIA. Tone it down a bit, if you know what I mean.)

I grimaced as the impact of the explosion knocked the gun from my hands.

"Don't get too cocky, kid." I growled, pulling my pistol from my belt "There'll be more insurgents reaching our position soon, these guys never travel alone."

I cocked my pistol, cracking my neck. "Alright, men!" I yelled to my fireteam, looking over my men "That's not gonna be the last of em'! They'll be back pretty quickly, and they're gonna be pretty damn pissed off! Take the opportunity to reload, and let's get the hell outta here!"

11/11/2010 . Edited 11/14/2010 #12
Melf

I stepped forwards, but an explosion sound. Pain swam through my arm. My vision turned fuzzy, and black spots appeared in ym vision. I looked down and saw my arm covered in blood. All my energy drained out of me. "Help," I croaked.

11/13/2010 #13
PhantomMan15.5

(Oh, jeez, sorry! Work got a little hectic recently and I haven't gotten a chance to check my email for a few weeks now... I'm back now, though!)

I kneeled down by Jake, staring at his bleeding wound.

"Ooh shit..." I muttered, looking it over "Damn, I need a medic over here, now!"

11/20/2010 #14
Melf

I dazedly looked at my chest. Blood covered my hands like ketchup. There was no pain now, just a surreal feeling, and a whole lot of numbness. I tried to breathe in but couldn't. "H..." was all I could manage. I groaned feebly. Jacob swam in and out of my vision. Then everything faded away.

11/21/2010 #15
Forum Moderators: PhantomMan15.5
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member