A Foreign World
November, 1862. A last battle is held in Lexington, Kentucky, cornering the Union army against the Appalachian Mountains. A surrender is filed and the Civil War ends. Now it is the middle of the month, and reconstruction has begun...
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
SnowClaw of Windclan

This is off topic.

Well, I'm interested in how this will turn out. Now, off to type the rules.

1/24/2010 #1
Uldaren Bardaniel

*tacklehugs, bounces off the walls* :D This is awesome!!!

1/24/2010 #2
SnowClaw of Windclan

I love it! In my opinion Lee would have made a pwnsome president of the C.S.A., so president he is. Vice President ideas?

1/24/2010 #3
writingbythepower

*joins Dana* Indeed!!

Um.... I personally agree with Harry Turtledove in having Nathan Bedford Forrest as V.P. That's my opinion, of course. *nods*

1/24/2010 . Edited 1/24/2010 #4
Uldaren Bardaniel

Military or civilian man? :)

Oh, yeah, Forrest would be neat. XD *nods*

1/24/2010 . Edited 1/24/2010 #5
SnowClaw of Windclan

Hm...I don't want to have a carbon copy of some of Turtledoves things, though...:l

Maybe an original character? If anybody would like to make a vice president that would be cool...

1/24/2010 #6
Uldaren Bardaniel

That could work. *nods* But remember, Davis would probably still be president now. He has a 6 year term.

1/24/2010 #7
SnowClaw of Windclan

*nods* I was actually thinking along the lines of Lee becoming president because so many citizens wanted that that they held a popular vote. Fern's mind is odd, lol. XD

1/24/2010 #8
Uldaren Bardaniel

XP Aha.

1/24/2010 #9
SnowClaw of Windclan

Yesh. :D Hm....Characters....I think that I'll use all different ones in this. *nods*

1/24/2010 #10
writingbythepower

Oh, I just realized that Forrest wouldn't be famous by '62 either. Hmmm.... Lee or Davis as either President or VP would make sense. *nods*

1/24/2010 #11
Uldaren Bardaniel

*nods* :) Hmm....

1/24/2010 #12
SnowClaw of Windclan

True, that.

I like the name Wade for a character, so I think I'll use that. I need a last name, too, but I haven't gotten a good one yet.

1/24/2010 #13
writingbythepower

Hmmm..... Snow, what political parties are we going with for the Confederacy? I've never looked into it, so I don't know much about the political parties in the Confederate States.

1/24/2010 #14
SnowClaw of Windclan

The Confederates were mostly Democrats, at least according to Gone With The Wind.

1/24/2010 #15
Uldaren Bardaniel

*nods* Yeah, the South voted Democratic for a long time after the war.

1/24/2010 #16
writingbythepower

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. So, are we just going with all Confederates being Democrats and all Yankees being Republicans? Or do you think there should be two or more parties for each nation? These are just random questions that are popping in my head..... XD

1/24/2010 #17
SnowClaw of Windclan

It's the opposite now.

1/24/2010 #18
Uldaren Bardaniel

XD Different parties will develop with time. :) Like the Patriot and Confederate Parties in GotS. XD

1/24/2010 #19
writingbythepower

Sounds good. *nods* Oh...... another random question: Is Lincoln still President, or was he impeached or something to that affect?

1/24/2010 #20
SnowClaw of Windclan

Lincoln's president. *nod*

1/24/2010 #21
writingbythepower

Alright. *nods* With alternate universe, there are a lot of questions that pop into my head. I've got to run them all in my head, so it kind of comes out.

Alright, let me make sure I'm in understanding. The Confederacy has defeated the Union and now the two nations are seperated. This happens in 1862, leaving battles like Antietam and Fredericksburg never to happen. Am I correct so far? I'm trying to get as many questions that may come into my head out at one time. XD

1/24/2010 #22
SnowClaw of Windclan

Precisely. The Battle of Kentucky closed the deal.

1/24/2010 #23
writingbythepower

Alright, I think I've got it. Oh, this is going to be a lot of fun. I love alternate history. *nods*

1/24/2010 #24
Uldaren Bardaniel

Indeed. :D *nods*

1/24/2010 #25
SnowClaw of Windclan

Agreed!

1/24/2010 #26
writingbythepower

Ok, I think this is the last question because it will fill in any gaps. When in '62 does the war end? The only reason I ask is so I can know whether McClellan or Pope or Burnside is in charge of the Union forces.

1/24/2010 #27
SnowClaw of Windclan

November the 19th.

1/24/2010 #28
writingbythepower

Alright. *nods, thinks* So Burnside's in charge, Antietam was about two months ago..... I think I have everything that I need. Thanks! *goes to post in Richmond*

1/24/2010 #29
SnowClaw of Windclan

Yep! You've got it all down. :D

1/24/2010 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: SnowClaw of Windclan writingbythepower
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member