A Foreign World
November, 1862. A last battle is held in Lexington, Kentucky, cornering the Union army against the Appalachian Mountains. A surrender is filed and the Civil War ends. Now it is the middle of the month, and reconstruction has begun...
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »
SnowClaw of Windclan

Bella watched him, her curly black mane moving ever so slightly in the chill November breeze that blew along the streets. The market was the center of all activity in Richmond, and because of that fact it was almost always busy. However, she never once looked away, fastened to her chosen target and feeling the feral, untapped agression rise from within her. "You served in the army? That is quite interesting, Mr. Davis."

2/3/2010 #91
writingbythepower

He blushed again. "Oh, no, not really. I just did my duty for my country. Don't think I could live with myself if I hadn't fought." He had relaxed, was breathing easier. The butterflies were almost gone now, were replaced by a warm feeling. He was enjoying this, enjoyed just looking at her.

2/3/2010 #92
SnowClaw of Windclan

Bella, glaring with the same predatory expression engraved on her pale features, nodded. "That was courageous of you," she stated, aknowledging that she was beginning to lose her control over his fear. Frustration shot through her veins and she clenched her teeth, staring for a moment before continuing, "I was not able to serve, due to my gender, but would have, had I been a man."

2/3/2010 #93
writingbythepower

"Beautiful eyes like yours shouldn't see a battlefield," he said, then wanted to slap himself for being to forward. He lost his composure, then caught himself. He was being daring today, wanted to challenge himself. He looked at her, thought she was still beautiful. However, as the conversation had gone on, she seemed to become tense. Perhaps she's just as nervous as I am...

2/3/2010 . Edited 2/3/2010 #94
SnowClaw of Windclan

Bella's eyes widened abruptly at the remark, making her pupils seem nothing more than small black dots on a sea glass blue canvas. She was a handsome woman, with what most considered beautiful hair and a charismatic appearance, but she had inherited all of her appearance from her father, a whaler hardened by the sea, and his side of the family. She had wide shoulders for a woman and a strong jaw, sharp features and slanting eyes. Her hair was a wild mane of black curls, as if it was pleading to be caught by the salty wind and pulled as she stood on a boat. She had been looked at before because she was charming, but she was not beautiful, as Bella Leon was not feminine enough in appearance to be considered beautiful.

"I thank you for your compliment, Mr. Davis." She stated, processing. For a moment the agressive, predatory drive was numbed.

2/3/2010 #95
writingbythepower

"I'm sorry if I was too...forward, Miss Leon. It's just... you... I think...." he was stuttering again, couldn't spit it out. He wanted to tell her, couldn't find the courage. Suddenly, through much strength, he closed his eyes and said it. "You're a very beautiful woman." He wanted to sigh, didn't really breath. He just sat there, with his eyes closed, not sure what to do now.

2/3/2010 #96
SnowClaw of Windclan

The sharpness returned to Bella's eyes and she turned the hard stare towards him, realizing how vulnerable he was. Like a lion stalking through the last few feet of grass before its prey was in range, she felt a surge of anticipation of what was to come. Abruptly she heard Pauline's voice talking to aunt Tabby, reminding her that she was in the market and she was not alone. If she let free the bellowing that was pitted inside of her, she would become a spectacle. So she just nodded, although she did not feign embarrassement. "You were not too forward. Mr. Davis, I thank you for your compliment and must state that you look well today yourself."

2/3/2010 #97
writingbythepower

He opened his eyes, looked at her. He wasn't sure what had just happened, but it didn't feel bad. He felt good inside, felt like he had accomplished something great. "Why thank you, Miss Leon. Please, call me Walter." He smiled, felt very giddy. He wanted to laugh, but found nothing to laugh at, so his replaced the urge with a large smile.

2/3/2010 #98
SnowClaw of Windclan

"Walter." Bella was acutely aware of Pauline and Tabby watching her. She was not fully as polite as a lady should be, and had several rough edges due to her blood. Whalers and their offspring were and would always be a rough, hardy breed, beautiful in their own sense but not necessarily to the society's. Another surge of calculating feelings moved through her, causing her pale blue eyes to narrow. "It was good to meet you," she stated, "Do not refrain from calling on me in the future." She set a card down and without another word stalked back to where her aunt and cousin awaited, the first of the two eagerly questioning her.

2/3/2010 #99
writingbythepower

He looked at the card, smiled brightly. He turned in the direction she had gone, shouted, "I will!" And began to walk again, not sure where to go. He was too happy to care, and it made a world of difference.

2/3/2010 #100
SnowClaw of Windclan

"You're quite fortunate, Bella." Pauline smiled at her, glancing towards a restaraunt to their right. "Why don't we stop there, Mother? I'm hungry, myself." She said, turning her attention to Tabby, a shortened and generally accepted version of Tabitha, the woman's legal name. Tabby nodded her agreement, entering the room and smiling brightly at a small child that looked up at her. Tabby, and her love for children.

Bella, feeling half starved, entered the restaraunt and somehow wound up in front of both of them as they went to sit down. They ordered their food and ate; Bella finished before them and turned her attention to the window. She wanted to lure Walter into a trap, knowing that soon she would control him and almost all of his actions. The thought of power was enough to make her set down her fork, which she had been holding idly.

2/3/2010 #101
writingbythepower

He, of course, had followed her, not sure what to do. He sat there, in a dark corner, watching her at she stared out the window. He wasn't willing to let himself be noticed, didn't want to be noticed. He prefered just sitting there and looking at her. He began to ask himself questions, what was she really like, who were the other women with her, how could such a beautiful girl converse with him? He felt too happy to be put down, just wanted to sit and watch her.

2/3/2010 #102
SnowClaw of Windclan

After the other two had finished, the party of three stood and left, Bella leading due to her lengthened stride and irritation when anybody other than she was in front of the rest of the people in a group. A naturally dominant person, she felt the need to be in control of others, or portray herself as if she was. Bella pushed open the door, stepping out onto the street and looking about, her muscles naturally tensed, yet not stiff. It was a difficult sensation to describe.

They hired a cab driver, and headed back to Tabby's home. Pauline, whom had been carrying the basket of goods, set them on the table and went upstairs. Bella headed up a few minutes later, opening the door to her room at the present and settling down, resting her head on the pillow.

2/3/2010 #103
writingbythepower

He followed the cab on foot, ran along as best he could. When it reached the house, he turned a corner and waited. He looked at it, thought it was rather nice. He watched as they entered, closed the door. He leaned against the wall, sat there and stared at all the windows, wondering which one Bella was in. He wasn't going to spy on her, just wanted to know where she was. It was an odd feeling, but a feeling that made him smile brightly.

2/3/2010 #104
SnowClaw of Windclan

Bella fell asleep a short while after, waking up at about two post meridian. She didn't move from where she laid sprawled on the bed, the sheets a tangle from her ritual thrashing as she dreamt. It seemed that regardless of whether her dreams were pleasant or not, she still was equally animate in her sleep. Her dark mane surrounded her, a tangled cloud around her face. Her left hand's fingers had dug into the sheets, as if they were claws. She watched them for a moment, and then got up, giving her head a shake. That was often all it needed, as her hair tended to fall into place naturally.

She had fallen asleep in her dress and thus headed downstairs into the living room.

2/3/2010 #105
writingbythepower

Walter had left sometime ago, ran to a local flower shop. He bought a dozen roses, decided it was too early to get a single rose for her. He walked toward the door, knocked. His entire body shook, making him slight nervous. Taking several deep breathes calmed him down, allowing a grin to appear on his face.

2/3/2010 #106
SnowClaw of Windclan

Bella looked upward and got up before Pauline could start towards the door to open it. She moved with feline power, her shoulders moving ever so slightly, as if she were taking small steps on her hands and knees. She opened the door, her eyes narrowing when she saw that it was Walter. The weakness, the trembling...She felt a surge of anger at his appearance alone, but did not show it beyond the tightening of her strong jaw. "Yes?"

2/3/2010 #107
writingbythepower

"Miss Leon, hello there." He stopped for a moment, wasn't sure what to do. He held out the flowers. "These are for you." He kept them out for a second, then finally added. "I also had a question for you. Would you do me the honor of accompanying me to the Carter's Winter Ball?"

2/3/2010 #108
SnowClaw of Windclan

Bella stood there with the door swung open in an imposing manner, staring at him with slanting crystal eyes and a set square jaw, her bottom lip moving down slightly to show the edges of pearly white teeth, where they met with the top set. She put her hands on her hips, glaring at him. "Thank you, Mr. Davis." She mulled over the prospect of going to the winter ball with him. He was fairly attractive, drew her in like blood to a shark with his weak will, although the attraction was not romantic. "I would like to go with you."

2/4/2010 #109
writingbythepower

Walter smiled brightly. "I'm very glad to hear that." He stood there for a moment, wasn't sure what to do. He mumbled something again, meaningless sounds. He looked up at her, into her blue eyes again. They were beauty, she was beautiful. Well, at least to him.

2/4/2010 #110
SnowClaw of Windclan

"I imagine that you are. Please, come in." Bella held the door to the home open for him, creating a wide entrance. However, it was an agressive movement on her part, not one of enthusiastic welcoming as one would assume if they didn't see her expression, as if her face were cut stone. She followed after him, making her way so that she was leading him into the living room, where Pauline and Tabby worked on their tatting. "Hello!" Pauline set down her work, smiling at him, as Bella was seated.

2/4/2010 #111
writingbythepower

He walked in silently, almost in a daze. He wasn't sure what to do, what to say. He had never imagined he would end up walking into the house, meeting the women who had been with Bella. He smiled at them, responded, "Hello. My name is Walter. Walter Davis." He gave a nod, almost a bow, and stood wondering what to do. I can't just take a seat. I haven't been asked to, I don't know what to do..... I'm so nervous.

2/4/2010 #112
SnowClaw of Windclan

Pauline smiled thinly. "Please sit down. Would you like something to drink?" She noted that her cousin was watching the window with slanting eyes, and if she had been in posession of a tail, it would have been lashing. All of the Leons tended to be like her to some degree, although none were as agressive as the eldest of the children, Bella. The two got along fine, but it was clear that Bella was no lady once one got to know her.

2/4/2010 #113
writingbythepower

"Thank you. Yes, I would, please." He sat down softly, pushed his back so it was straight. He looked over at Bella, noticed that she wasn't looking at him. Unsure what to do, he began to talk. "And what might your names be?"

2/4/2010 #114
SnowClaw of Windclan

"I'm Pauline, and this is Tabitha. And what might your name be?" Pauline smiled lightly, getting up from where she sat and momentarily dissapearing into the kitchen. She came back, holding a silver tray with three cups of tea on it. She handed one to Walter and Tabby, then took her own and set the tray on the table in the middle of the room before sitting back down on the couch.

2/4/2010 #115
writingbythepower

"Thank you, Pauline. My name is Walter, Walter Davis. Are you Bella's sisters?" He wasn't sure, both of the women looked like they could be. Tabitha might be her mother, but she could be an older sister. He wanted to be polite, wanted to get to know these women. He took a sip of the tea, set it back down. He wasn't incredible fond of tea, but drank it anyways.

2/4/2010 #116
SnowClaw of Windclan

Pauline smiled slightly and shook her head. "No, I'm her cousin, and my mother is her aunt." she explained, nodding. Bella's stare had turned back to them, and she got up from the couch in her traditional imposing way. "I have some business to attend to, Aunt. I will be back in an hour or so." Tabitha nodded, her brow creasing with concern for a moment as Bella went to find the maid.

The woman and her companion headed down the streets of Richmond towards the Senate building, where Bella intended to speak to Senator Cromwell about the previous proposition.

2/4/2010 #117
Star the Foxhound

James Bailey was in a hurry. He'd been up since early morning and had gotten some work done on his story, only to then realize how quickly he'd lost track of time. This meant quickly gathering his notes and hurrying outside, walking a faster pace then was really good for him. The quick pace made his chest hurt and he was breathing heavily as he headed towards the Senate building. Bailey really wasn't paying much attention to where he was going, because he knew that he needed to get there.

Before he realized it, as he went to take another hurried step, his right foot caught in a hole along the side of the road, and he tripped and feel, notes falling from his hands as he landed hard, his chest landing on a rock and causing the old would to flare up in pain. He started to get to his knees to continue on his way, although the unexpected pain caused him to black out.

2/4/2010 . Edited 2/4/2010 #118
writingbythepower

(From Senate)

Cromwell opened his house door, allowed Bella to walk in. He walked toward the parlor, being sure to have Bella walk behind him at all times. She'll understand who is in charge here. He sat down, gestured over to a seat across from him. "Now," he said, "Let's get down to business. What do you want?" He was straight forward, blunt. She would speak, and the negotiations would begin. He prefered it this way, to know what she wanted so he could counter it.

2/4/2010 #119
SnowClaw of Windclan

"Oh, my." Father John Lawrence stopped when he saw a man who laid face down on the ground, having just returned from the chapel. He knelt down, watching him. The silver pendant with a crucifix on it hung loosely around his neck, under his black robes. "Are you alright, sir?" Concern marked the man's features, but he didn't touch him in case it would hurt him, waiting for a reply.

Bella did not sit down, instead skirting the table and approaching the Senator from behind, her fiery blue eyes narrowing as she bent over him, her thick, black mane barely brushing the man's shoulder. It would be impossible for him to get up without hitting her, thus allowing her to keep the position of the alpha, had they been another species besides humans. And such was the way that she preferred it. "I would like absolute control of your vote on all water related bills, as well as three-thousand dollars sent indirectly to my personal bank account."

2/4/2010 . Edited 2/4/2010 #120
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: SnowClaw of Windclan writingbythepower
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member