Western Story Talk
This is a forum where everyone who needs plot ideas, character names, or just help getting out of Writer's Block for Western Stories can come. Any general chatter is also accepted.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
SomeCowgirl

Hello and Welcome to the "Western Story Talk" Forums. There are several categories to choose from, and if you have any ideas on other categories, please feel free to post them in the "general chatter" section.

The Categories are as follows :

1. Admin Blabber (info about forum) : This Category I wish to keep clean in that only administration should post in this forum.

2. General Chatter : This Category is where you can talk about anything, as well as give me ideas on categories.

3. Western Character Name Ideas : Sometimes it's difficult to think of character names, here you can ask for help, or just look at some of the names already suggested. Also names for horses, other livestock, and towns if need be.

4. Western Story Plot Ideas : Of course this is the most important as you wouldn't need Character Names if you didn't have a plot. So if your stuck or just need advice, then please feel free to ask!

Again Enjoy! Adhere to all rules that fictionpress asks of us, as well as generally be polite!

1/30/2010 #1
Denis T

I want to ask you. English isn't my native language, and sometimes I need a help. So there's the question: Can you point on mistakes in my stories. It needs for me to learn English as well as I want. You see, I can't construct intricate sentences. Stories I write in Russian at 1st, an 2nd I translate to English.

And another question: how do you think fiction world, based on Old West atmosphere, with usual western men and wizards (magicweavers, using the gunmagic crystals) can be in western genre, or it wrong topic for me?

David Gemmell could to write westerns in fantasy genre (trilogy of Jon Shannow for example), but Louis L'Amour's fantasy novel died on feet (however, I can't find this book in English, I have it in Russian. It so strange).

Thanks,

Denis T.

8/19/2010 #2
Midori Ushi Law

Just Testing This

1/10/2011 . Edited 1/10/2011 #3
A Fire Rose

I love this idea. I do not have much to contribute yet, as I have not written any Western stories recently. But how much research does it entail? Can reading Westerners be enough to help with a short story?

2/21/2011 #4
Forum Moderators: SomeCowgirl
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member