Storyland
Talk about any stories, but especially those with a sense of wonder. Fantasy, horror, mystery, any thing you're interested in.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Cool Monsters
Discuss fantasy stories here.
3/1/2010 #1
Fuerza

I love fantasy stories, it's just so much fun to just let your mind wander and just put up any random ideas that pop into your head y'know? I gotta write a fic on here one day but I've been like writing a whole lot on FF I haven't the time to write 'em here lol. Your fics are great though here and on FF.

3/25/2010 #2
Cool Monsters

One thing about fictionpress is no one can say your characters are OOC here because they're your creations, so you can do anything you want with them.

3/26/2010 #3
Fuerza

True very true but wouldn't an OC on FF still count as your own creation? Or do you mean it in another way that I am far off from?

3/26/2010 #4
Cool Monsters

Sure they're your own creations, but if you're writing about a franchised universe, like, say, Sonic the Hedgehog, it's not a good idea to let the OCs run the story. People will expect the story to be mostly about Sonic or Tails or Amy, not Marcus the Magnificent.

3/28/2010 #5
Fuerza

Yeah that's very true, you shouldn't let an OC overpower the fic...my cousin is kinda infamous for that, he'll write a fic then OC this OC that blah blah blah, I've read his fics as well, he overpowers his OCs, I call him on that but he don't listen.

With you at least your fics are a perfect Tails/Cosmo mix

his... its like Tails/Cosmo/OC/OC/OC/OC they delve away from the story like I said he's a good author but just overpowering an OC...it's quite pitiful...don't tell him I think that, even though I don't know if you know him but still :)

3/28/2010 . Edited 3/28/2010 #6
Cool Monsters

Who is your cousin?

3/28/2010 #7
Fuerza

His name is Ryan but on FF he's silver azure, so watch out for him! Trust me he can be immature, I'm 15 and he's 19 and I'm 11x more mature than he is. He can be a bit of a j*** sometimes like he does things to deliberately p*** me off...he's a nice guy though, like he wouldn't send you or I a computer virus or he wouldn't shout anything antisemitic or racist but he's immature and needs to grow up, so like I said watch out

3/28/2010 #8
Fuerza

Ummm, you there pal? I wanna vent a little more about Twilight and my hatred for my cousin, LOL!

And also other things :)

3/28/2010 #9
Cool Monsters

I'm several places at once. I haven't read Twilight, I just know from what people say that I wouldn't want to read it.

3/28/2010 #10
Fuerza

Alright cool, so I take it you don't know my cousin then...you're freaking lucky. I wish I didn't know him sometimes.

3/28/2010 #11
Cool Monsters

Actually, he asked me to read a story he was writing. I didn't like it, but he asked me to read the rest of it. The ending was all right, except for the alternate ending which I said nothing about. Then he asked me to read the sequel, which I hated, and he knew I would since I'd told him I hate canon characters with OCs, which was what the sequel was about.

3/28/2010 #12
Fuerza

I could see him doing that, I read on your profile that you said somebody trolled your forums and junk, I'm guessing you referred to him eh? Trust me I don't care as long as you didn't insult him like call him a j*** or something else but, it's cool though. i can understand him doing that, I read that fic; "Alone with my Baby Tonight" I didn't like the CosmoxOC even though it did have a happy ending, his others; "all Springtime Long" and "A Very Sacred Decision" I read those and I even told him I hated them but he didn't listen and he went ahead and published them and he even pissed me off.

Listen, he can be a j*** and he does things that tick others off and I see he did it to you, listen do you want maybe I'll talk to him and see if he'll apologize, which more than likely if he offended you or made you upset he will apologize because like I said Silv can be a bit of a pain in the a**, but he's still a good guy.

3/28/2010 #13
Fuerza

but if not, that's cool. It's still all good!

3/28/2010 #14
Fuerza

Also from reading your FF profile earlier I'm guessing you dropped the ban hammer on him? Oh well. He was the idiot ;)

3/28/2010 #15
Cool Monsters

I know magic in fantasies needs limits or people start doing anything. Like in Harry Potter, the most powerful wizard was the one that could say a couple of words and wave a wand the fastest. But sometimes too many rules are made. I've seen stories where wizards age everytime they cast a spell. Why would anyone want to learn magic if that happened?

3/28/2010 #16
Fuerza

Honestly I was never into the Harry Potter hype as a kid, I guess I'm not into wizards and sorcery. Weird considering I do like fantasy...wow! I'm working on a fic for FP, it's gonna be my first, hope you read it. It's kinda off the top of my head and I'm like writing it as I go along.

3/28/2010 #17
FairyMermaid

Harry was mean to Ginny the whole series, and she still married him! Those were the hardest books I ever read and I didn't like the ending!

3/29/2010 #18
Fuerza

I never even read the books, I was never into the series

3/29/2010 #19
FairyMermaid

The first one was good, but the last two were dumb. They say they're going to make two movies about the last book. The last book's stupid. Harry runs and hides, the bad guys find him. He gets away and runs and hides, the bad guys find him again.

3/29/2010 #20
Fuerza

like I said I was never into Harry Potter

3/29/2010 #21
Cool Monsters

It really looked like the writer got bored about halfway through and stopped trying. At least it's over now. Maybe something better will replace it in popularity.

3/29/2010 #22
Fuerza

Hopefully so

3/29/2010 #23
Cool Monsters

Maybe by someone from here or fanfiction or deviantart.

3/29/2010 #24
Fuerza

Hey whaddya know I'm on DA actually lol and here, not FF though :)

How bout you, are you on DA?

3/30/2010 #25
Cool Monsters

I'm working on a picture for deviantart, but it will take awhile. I'll post the link when I've uploaded it. I don't go there very much.

3/30/2010 #26
Cool Monsters

People say elves are being used too much in fantasy. Maybe the problem is that everyone uses them the same way.

3/31/2010 #27
Cool Monsters

Too many people just follow J.R.R. Tolkein's ideas. Originally, elves were not beings you'd want to meet or trust.

4/23/2010 #28
Ochenta y Cinco

sup

5/1/2010 #29
Cool Monsters

Those reviews were easily removed. Since yours is also cursing and has nothing to do with my story I'm hoping to remove it as well.

5/1/2010 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Cool Monsters
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member