Writers Anonymous
All authors are invited to post about writing stories.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
NovellaRay

(This is a tiny rant to get my feelings out of my head so I can get back to writing.)

I've written great fanfiction and I still write great fanfiction. If you look up my stuff you'd see that some of it has over 600 reviews. Most of my work is very original and 'outside of the box' which is why I think a lot of people liked it. Now though I've been switching to original fiction so I can finish my first novel to eventually publish.

Out of all my fans who worship my writing, once it becomes original and not their favorite characters, they don't seem to care anymore. I am working hard on my novel and I've been reading writing improvement books like Write Great Fiction: Characters, Emotion and Viewpoint. (The Write Great Fiction books are my favorite.) I've been trying to work out my original works for more than a year now. Even went so far (when money was good) to say my beta readers would be paid 1-3 dollars per review and I still had no takers!

Well times have gotten tough on my family and I've put down the writing books and I'm hitting my novel harder so I can try to get it published. I've offered credit in the forward when it's published and even a free copy of the book. Can't do much better. I even have an artist friend interested to do the artwork! Still, I haven't had one response from one of my fans. No one but me can review it and people I trust since this will be published.

What do you do when all the ones you've come to know and trust don't care about your actual original work? Now I'll have no choice but to start trusting others I don't know with my work. It's scary and I was really hoping one of my actual fans wanted to see what I could accomplish...without a damn show behind it.:(

I guess I feel a little better, time to get back to my work.

2/5/2010 #1
Forum Moderators: dbz 77
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member