We Return Reviews
Want reviews? Open to those who have a policy of always returning reviews.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
lianoid

What's up, what's happening, what's going on? You wanna know, we wanna share.

This topic will help keep you cool cats up-to-date with the goings-on in We Return Reviews and other hip spots on Fiction Press and the Internets. If you have an interesting piece of news you'd like to share, drop on by Questions and Suggestions to speak to one of the mods about it, as we will decide what is to be posted here. Only the moderators (lookingwest, improvisationallychallenged and L. Galbraith) are allowed to post in here. It's not because we don't think you're awesome, it's just to help keep things organized and coherent.

It would be super mega foxy awesome hot if all WRR patrons subscribed to this thread, as it would mean we no longer have to PM every member of this community when we have something neat we want to share. :D

12/2/2010 . Edited 3/15/2011 #1
lianoid

December Writing Challenge Contest

The Review Game's final WCC of the year is here, and I'm inviting all WRR patrons to join in the fun. The Writing Challenge contest started back in 2009 and has been going strong ever since. Several of our very own have won the contest, with the record for most wins belonging to DeeFective and lookingwest (both winning three times).

The rules are simple. Write a piece inspired by the month's prompt and register and submit your piece by the 7th. Voting runs from the 8th to the 14th, and I encourage everyone to participate in the submitting, voting, or both! Read the rules here, and register on the most recent past (currently page 24).

Hope to see you all there!

12/2/2010 . Edited 12/12/2010 #2
lianoid

Review Returners By Genre Thread Makeover

After hours of blood, tears, and more tears, L. Galbraith has given the Review Returners By Genre thread a makeover. Now no longer having to scrunch one's eyes and turn one's head sideways to read it, the thread is the sparkling, newly-born pride of L. Galbraith.

We encourage all patrons to head over there to check out the new style, as well as check to make sure they are listed under the correct genres. Check your links, as well, because each name is now linked to the writer's corresponding post in the main Review Returner thread.

Any questions about the thread or suggestions to improve its coherency should be brought to Questions and Suggestions.

12/2/2010 . Edited 12/12/2010 #3
lookingwest

La Campanella Awards

The La Campanella Awards have put up their nominees list! To read the nominees and vote for your favorites in all the different categories!

Home site:

Nominees list:

We have a few of our own on the list, including Lianoid Galbraith, Author-A and Sophiesix! Keep a sharp eye and support our return reviewers!

1/12/2011 #4
lookingwest

Some Kind of Wonderful Awards Cycle 11

SKoW awards have started taking nominations for their Cycle 11! This award site is dedicated to recognizing the best stories in the different romance categories, like Best Kiss, etc! The nomination period will be open until Jan. 23rd, and a second nomination period will start on Jan. 30th. Make sure to get your nominations in as soon as possible, though, as they receive many and the categories fill up fast!

Home site:

Nomination categories:

1/12/2011 #5
lianoid

General Update - WCC, La Campanella, SKoW, & Review Returners By Genre Thread

Hey, guys! It's been a while since we've let you know what's been going on. So I'm here to give a quick update regarding some of our previous news posts.

December's Writing Challenge Contest, hosted by The Review Game, was won by Skyward Ending with the brilliant piece, Sin. I encourage everyone to go check it out and give it some review love if you have the time. And two of our own review returners have won in recent months--sophiesix with the hilarious Plus ├ža change, and Adonnen Estenniel with the intriguing The Word Writ On Her Face.

La Campanella cycle 3 winners were announced on March 1st, and it looks like we have some heavyweight champions of the prose in our midst.

Sophie (sophiesix) came home with L'Historical Award and Le Tragedy Award both for Nochnoyia Lubov, and Le Prompt Response Award for Home; bringing the best of supernatural to our little corner of the web, Emily (lookingwest) took home Le Supernatural Award for I Never Said I Was Brave; Kate (author-A.) received Runner Up for L'Historical Award for The Hut By The Sea, and Liana (yours truly) was graced with Le Fantasy Award and Runner up for Le Tragedy Award both for her baby, Shadows.

I highly recommend checking out the list of nominees and winners, because there were a lot of excellent pieces nominated that, unfortunately, didn't get the recognition (I feel) they deserved. Go give 'em some review love.

Some Kind of Wonderful Awards was scheduled to release the list of winners today, but it looks as though they'll be delayed for another week or so. While we wait for the results, check out the list of nominees as quite a few of our own are, yet again, rocking the award sites with their awesome skillz of prose.

Review Returners By Genre thread has been updated today. I ask all patrons (new and old, hullo, new people!) to check the list and make sure your name is under the correct categories. If you do not see your name anywhere, please read the first post and PM me.

3/15/2011 #6
lianoid

March Review Marathon

This month's Review Marathon, hosted by The Review Game is quickly approaching. Final day to register is Thursday, March 17th, so grab a seat now!

Dating all the way back to January 2008, the Review Marathon has been a favourite weekend event of the generous review-giving people from all over FictionPress. With simpleplan13 (Mini) cranking out an impressive 250 reviews (back when it was only a two-day event instead of the current three), only the most ambitious, hardened review warriors have attempted to beat her record.

You're probably wondering what exactly a "review marathon" is. Relax, you don't need serious training or a change of diet to prepare. Just free time, good vibes, and some stories in mind. Essentially, for one weekend, you review until your eyes bleed. Well, not necessarily, but you review as much (or as little) as you like. You go out, review some stories according to Easy-Fix standards (details in first post of RM thread), and keep track of everything you review. At the end of the weekend, we tally up everyone's reviews, and the three people who gave the most reviews win.

What's in it for the winners? Well, you're reviewed back by a designated Review Squad, of course! Yes, all your hard work, rewarded. (I've also received a few review returns from people I reviewed during RM, but do not expect that from everyone. But, hey! We're all review returners here, why not review each other?) O:

So check out the Review Marathon, and if you're not able to participate in this month's Review Marathon, don't worry, The Review Game hosts one every month, and we'll try to remember to let you guys know when the next one is.

3/15/2011 #7
Forum Moderators: lookingwest lianoid, improvisationallychallenged
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member