Fortress Of Evil
A place to chat, roleplay, share evil pranks and do pretty much anything you want really. Slash contest now open.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
showcreator
Got a Drama story you're just dying to tell the world about? Looking for a drama story to feed your hunger for drama? Then join this club. As a fellow drama writer, I'll be more than happy to read and help you and you can do the same for me. We can all help each other by R&Ring our drama stories. We can also discuss them here. So join the drama club and post your drama stories. I'll post mine after we get a few members here.
3/26/2008 #1
Hikari no Roojii

Ooo, sounds interesting. X3 I've never really written for drama, but I'd like to give it a go. I don't suppose you could tell me what constitutes a drama story, could you? ^^;

4/28/2008 #2
showcreator

Well, I guess there isn't any set rule for what constitutes a drama story. I assume everyone's view varies. To me, I consider a drama the stuff you'd find on those one hour primetime television shows. But I guess thats just me. I assume a lot of things can constitute a drama story. I guess I'd know what I consider to be a drama when I see it. So, are you in?

4/28/2008 #3
Hikari no Roojii

Sure! X3 I need to try writing something other than supernatural/fantasy. While I love it, I know it's not good to write the same stuff all the time. ^^; It's about time I had a bash at some real life kinda stuff. =D Same goes for reading. I read way too much fantasy and way too little of anything else. XD;

4/28/2008 #4
showcreator

Yeah, I am sort of growing out of fantasy. I am getting into drama. I guess it can cover shows with action, some romance, sex, emotion, just plain drama, suspence, basic life and such. It's a pretty vague category but I think it's pretty fascinating.

And remember, dramas don't have to be COMPLETELY realistic. But they should be mostly realistic.(Even if they are still fiction, which they usually are)

4/28/2008 #5
Captain Cakewalk

Stupid question: Doesn't every story include drama, to some extent? I thought drama was like "Ohnoes! Inner-and-outer conflict!" Which most stories should have, 'cause it's no fun reading about characters who're all happytime-sunshine-rainbows. Or am I way off?

2/1/2009 #6
concerto49

Stupid question: Doesn't every story include drama, to some extent?

To some extent yes - but some can be very scarce. There are stories for example that purely talk about fight after fight without anything else in between. That's almost drama-less.

2/12/2009 #7
Captain Cakewalk

I didn't know stuff like that existed, Concerto. Makes me think of DBZ, only in book form. Which is weird. And awesome. Mindless violence FTW.

2/13/2009 #8
concerto49

I didn't know stuff like that existed, Concerto. Makes me think of DBZ, only in book form. Which is weird. And awesome. Mindless violence FTW.

There are lots of DBZ-like material.

There's also p o r n, which usually has no drama - it's pure s**.

2/13/2009 #9
Captain Cakewalk

Ha. I read the back cover of a pron book before. It was about a guy who saved this hot Sunday-school teacher from drowning, and "instead of asking 'are you ok?' he wondered, 'may I have sex with you?' ". And yeah, that was a direct quote. Ha ha ha!

2/14/2009 #10
NeoMiniTails

I want to join the drama club!

7/2/2009 #11
Forum Moderators: Hikari no Roojii Princess Wombat, Random 4 life, NeoMiniTails, Pluto's Rose
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member