Writers Inc
This is the home for wayward RPG's of any sort. Come join, create, write - Unleash the Power Inisde
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 17 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 37 .. Last Next »
Bleeding Perfection

My sister got a Wii for Christmas, and it came with Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort. I'm a beast at Boxing and Swordplay.

12/26/2010 #781
Chelise87

Does Swordplay come on Wii Sports or Wii Sports Resort? Swords are amazing.

12/26/2010 #782
Bleeding Perfection

resort

12/26/2010 #783
Chelise87

ah, okay. Darn, then my friend doesn't have it, so I don't get a chance to play it.

12/26/2010 #784
Addison Black

Hahaha, I'm sorry...

12/27/2010 #785
Bleeding Perfection

Try boxing on Wii Sports. I'm pretty good at it, but no real fighting skill is required, and in fact, if you turn your body with the punches like a real boxer, it actually messes up.

12/27/2010 #786
Chelise87

Oh, yeah, I've played that. It's really hard not to turn your body while doing it, though. At least for me. I don't remember it messing it up, but it's been a while since I played.

12/27/2010 #787
Addison Black

I find that you move and speak PLENTY when you're playing a 360... Yelling and jumping up, crawling beneath the projector's light to cross the room (oh yes, this projector is leGIT! its like 15 by 15 foot screen... wish I could call it mine, so glad to say I'll be playing on it over new year's eve..) hopping from couch to couch, fetching food for the guys... kinda depressing being the only girl there sometimes.. but yea, its also pretty cool. I'm either a little sister, best friend or.. something closer...

its cool.

12/27/2010 #788
Fleur-de-lis Evans

Addy:I know, right? Actually we didn't know you could attract four witches at once until she played. We were all like 0.0.

Chelise: Bioshock (and it's sequal) are really good. And Dead Space is scary because of the rapid jumping the zombie's due, rather than feral screaming. ...I think I've seen Infamous played, but you'd have to give me general plot for me to recognize it.

I actually really want the Fable series. It's supposed to be EPIC RPing. :-D

12/27/2010 #789
Chelise87

I've heard of Infamous, but don't know what it's about.

Augh! I'm mad. I just found out I can't listen to music with screamimg in it. But some of my favorite songs have screaming in them! Noooooo!

12/28/2010 #790
Fleur-de-lis Evans

Why can't you listen to music with screaming in it? Don't you have an Ipod?

12/28/2010 #791
Chelise87

Yes, I have an iPod, but I'm just not allowed to listen to that kind of music.

12/28/2010 #792
Addison Black

Aaw, I'm sorry Chel. Its understandable, but I know what you mean. A lot of my favorite music has screamo in it. my parents make me look up the lyrics, but they leave it to my discernment usually...

12/28/2010 #793
Fleur-de-lis Evans

Well, I guess a freedom of being in college is, that as long as I get most of my music through burning CDs, and don't spend too much on Itunes, my parents don't really care what I listen to, and I can download whatever I like. :-D Typically, the only music I play when I'm home is stuff my parents would approve of, but they generally don't tell me what I can or can't listen to.

12/28/2010 #794
Alexander Starkiller

My parents are fine with me listening to screamo. Though, of course, it has to be Christian. Flyleaf, Demon Hunter, RED... Cool stuff. And I think it's really stupid when adults say "You can't listen to screaming" when Christian screamo is very moving and has great messages. It makes me think of the song "Wake the Dead": "Don't dance like that anymore, don't wear those clothes anymore..."

KOTOR II is Star Wars. It's a console RPG, and really fun with an awesome storyline.

inFamous is about a guy named Cole MacGrath who, due to a plot relevent misfortune, lead to the deaths of thousands, and gained lightning powers. It's a sandbox with a moral compass, cool stuff.

When it comes to RPing, I really want Mass Effect. The stuff I read about it is just amazing.

12/28/2010 #795
Chelise87

[Hi, Alex, welcome back!]

Well, the thing is, my parents say that screaming just doesn't glorify the Lord. I tell them the lyrics are fine, but they still say that screaming is an angry sound, something you do when you're upset. They don't think it qualifies as "making a joyful noise unto the Lord", like the Bible says to do. I don't think it's that big of a deal, so long as it's not all I listen to. But I respect the fact that my parents are doing what they feel is the right thing, and there's only so much I can say to that. If they really think it's wrong, then I would be wrong to try to change their minds, no matter how much I want to.

12/29/2010 #796
Fleur-de-lis Evans

Alex: Welcome back! :- D I have to agree, that lyrics are really what make good songs.I mean there are some songs out there with horrible music, but the lyrics are just so rich and full of good things. That's how I judge my music, by the lyrics.

Chelise: Hm... That is an interesting take on it. Maybe you can say "It isn't because they're angry, they're just using a different range of their vocal box..." I don't know though. I guess it's hard to convince someone of something they are so against. You could always secretly listen to it ;-D. Hm...it isn't incorrect to try to change someone's mind. Think of is this way: To enjoy the world and really get every opportunity to mature in it you have to open your mind and approach things in a different way than you would normally do so. As a result, that means you may have to use your power of pursuasion to get your parents to view the music you want to listen to in a new light. It then becomes "an opening of a new horizon" rather than mind changing.

12/29/2010 #797
Chelise87

Fleur: Yes, and I have tried that tactic. I may give it a few more tries, looking at it from different angles. But it really isn't my place to "open their horizons", as you say. Well, to a certain degree, at least. There does come a time, though, when I need to drop it, because they are my parents, they have the final word, and I need to respect that. Not necessarily agree, but respect their judgement. They are older, and they know better than I do, in most cases. But more importantly, they are doing this because they believe it is what God wants them to do. If that is true, then trying to persuade them otherwise would be trying to get them to go against God's will. And I don't want anything if it isn't God's plan for me to have it. And even if my parents are wrong, it is still my God-given duty to obey them, so long as they aren't telling me to do anything directly against God, which they aren't.

12/29/2010 #798
MongooseDelta

Hear, Hear! Well said, Chelise87 *claps*

12/29/2010 #799
Chelise87

Hehe, thanks.

12/29/2010 #800
Addison Black

I have to agree with Chel on this one, though I wont lie, I have tried to convince my parents many a time... too many a time..

12/29/2010 #801
Bleeding Perfection

Jumping a few posts back; inFamous is about this guy named Cole MacGrath. A bomb called the "Ray Sphere" detonates while in his hands, draining the neuro-electric energy out of nearly everyone for blocks, into him. He is the only survivor, and he gets electrical powers. A plague breaks out in the city, and it gets quarantined. He attempts to escape, only to be caught by an FBI agent whose husband is lost within the city. Her husband is searching for the Ray Sphere, and its Cole's job to find both him and the Sphere, then get them to Moya [the FBI agent]. He'll be released from the city at that point.

12/29/2010 #802
Chelise87

Oh wow, that sounds cool. Is it for PS3?

12/29/2010 #803
Bleeding Perfection

Yeah it's PS3 exclusive. 360 can't handle it.

12/29/2010 #804
Addison Black

Darn... haha

12/29/2010 #805
Alexander Starkiller

To get things straight, I agree with your approach, Chelise. What I do not agree with, is your parent's inability to reason. I think it's a shame you'll never be able to listen to Fireflight and Skillet and the like for several years.

I played the inFamous demo at a Gamestop. It was an epic three minutes. I saved a woman with this thumb.

12/29/2010 #806
Addison Black

Hahaha! Alex, you make me smile. :)

It sounds interesting, but I'm content at the moment with L 4 D 2. ;)

12/29/2010 #807
Alexander Starkiller

Yes, but you'll never be able to experience the joys of 1000+ cars, NASCAR modes, the Top Gear test track, and realistic damage that is Gran Turismo 5!!! MOOHAHAMOO!

Sorry... ;P

12/29/2010 #808
Alexander Starkiller

AndBleeding, forgot to mention but... THOSE MOVIES CLIPS WERE SHINY AWESOME!!! I almost drooled in awe.

12/29/2010 #809
Chelise87

Alex, my parents are fully capable of reasoning. I do it with them all the time. The fact is, that at least for now, they just don't see the need to reason over something they just see as wrong. And that makes sense. Oh, but I am still allowed to listen to Skillet, because they don't have way too much. But I am bummed about missing out on RED, Demon Hunter, and some of FF5, that I've just started listening to.

12/29/2010 #810
« Prev Page 1 .. 17 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 37 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Arem H-A-Cooke, MongooseDelta
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member