Writers Inc
This is the home for wayward RPG's of any sort. Come join, create, write - Unleash the Power Inisde
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Addison Black

"Oh look, he's awake."

"Nice to see you join the world of the living... heh, atleast until we're through with you."

You look around at your surroundings. You're in a huge cell, big enough to hold atleast a dozen people comfortably. The walls appear to be rock and the door is barred, like a jail cell, with several locks. A small puddle of water is pooling the back of the cage. As you look past the dark, muscular form in the doorway, you see dozens of cells lining the walls. Fillling them are both large and small pairs of eyes, staring at the new victim, you.

"Escape is nearly impossible, and if you're caught... well, lets just say you wont be needing your cage anymore," he says with a cruel chuckle. "Your cellmate should be back soon enough... heh, that is, if she survives the beating, and others will soon follow. You feel that pain on your arm? That's your new identification. Play nice, and I'll be back to get you when they call for you," he chuckles and his heavy footstaps echo down the silent hallways, dissapearing into the distance.

You have been taken captive by a secret government organization that plans to harvest your powers and form the greatest army of super powered beings that could ever possibly be imagined. Through vigorous tests they test your strengths and weaknesses. Many don't even survive their first day, and some who do survive en up committing suicide to relieve themselves of the physical and emotional pain they have to endure. They say that escape is impossible. Many have tried, and were quickly and painfully executed as a reminder to those who may try to follow in their path. So. Will you be able to escape? And an even better question:

Will you survive the scientist's testing to even find out?

The rules are the same as all the others. Keep it clean.

6/3/2010 #1
Bleeding Perfection

"Oh look, he's awake."

"Nice to see you join the world of the living... heh, atleast until we're through with you."

I look around at my surroundings. I'm in a huge cell, big enough to hold atleast a dozen people comfortably. The walls appear to be rock and the door is barred, like a jail cell, with several locks. A small puddle of water is pooling the back of the cage. As I look past the dark, muscular form in the doorway, I see dozens of cells lining the walls. Fillling them are both large and small pairs of eyes, staring at the new victim, me.

"Escape is nearly impossible, and if you're caught... well, lets just say you wont be needing your cage anymore," he says with a cruel chuckle. "Your cellmate should be back soon enough... heh, that is, if she survives the beating, and others will soon follow. You feel that pain on your arm? That's your new identification. Play nice, and I'll be back to get you when they call for you," he chuckles and his heavy footstaps echo down the silent hallways, dissapearing into the distance.

I snap to a sitting position and jump off of the steel bunk.

My family. Where's my family? It's the only thought running through my head.

"Hey!" I yell, "Come back here @##&%*$! Where's my family?!"

I pound on the cell bars repeatedly, hoping that he'll at least answer my questions.

At least grant me the courtesy of knowing my family's fate.

6/6/2010 #2
Agent of Chaos

Tyreinna rubbed her gloved wrist absently, stroking the number 14 tattooed into her naturally olive colored skin. However the years without being outside these cages had began to make her skin take on an almost glowing pale color. Her wide grey eyes scanned the rows of cages, falling onto the new 'subject'. Normally she would wonder why new people arrived, but years had taught her, they were here for experiments—that's all she needed to know. Some survived--like her...while others...died. She glanced at her hands hidden in her thin black gloves. Their blood was on her hands.

It had not been her choice to kill. But in this place it was kill...or be killed. She sat down against the cold metal bars, listening for everything...and anything usual. She brushed her black hair with its blue-black highlights behind her ears, tucking a few stray pieces back into her bun. Her eyes flickered restlessly across the cage.

She pulled her long dark blue trench coat closer as she shifted her weight. Where there was one new 'experiment' there were always more. She stayed silent, hearing the newbie yell, a cold smirk playing along her lips. HOw long ago had it been since she had done the same thing?

Had she ever done that? She shrugged mentally. She couldn't really remember. Time in this place was nonexistent. She wasn't sure how many years had passed; neither did she give it much thought anymore. Not even did she think about her...'family' anymore. She wasn't even sure if she had family.

She scanned all the cages once more. This was her 'family' now. She scoffed at the thought. They suffered pain together. They bled together... They killed each other.

The perfect dysfunctional family.

6/10/2010 #3
Addison Black

The guards roughly threw Addison into the cage and slammed the door, ignoring the screaming of the new victim. With blood running down her back and neck, she just lay there...

6/10/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 11/30/2011 #4
Bleeding Perfection

I stare at the guards as they leave once again.

Oh, if only looks could kill. I'd be out of here already.

It's a good thing I have a healing factor. At least I'll survive long anough to break out. With the scale of my healing factor, they'd be lucky to keep me cut open long enough to even get anything from me. For as long as I can remember, I've been able to heal nearly instantaneously. Something like that Wolverine guy from Marvel comics. I would be an invaluable skill to have when trying to find my way out of this facility. @$#% guards had put a bag over my head when they brought me here.

I notice the black haired girl in the corner. She has blood on her gloves.

A fighter.

I go over to her.

"How long have you been here?"

6/10/2010 #5
Addison Black

Addison struggled to her knees. "Evening, Ty..." she muttered through gritted teeth. She looked down at the 13 branded onto her wrist, changing into a panther and laying down in the cell... most likely for the last time. Though only one number higher than her, Addison had been there from the beginning. She knew. Everything. That was the reason she would not be returning to the cage. She'd found the escape... beat the system. She closed her eyes and exhaled as she heard the boots down the hallway. A different guard growled from the door as he opened it, swinging a pair of handcuffs. A second stood at the door, and a third, wearing a black hood. "Time for you to finish your sentence..." the guard said with a smile, glad to finally get his wish, her death...

"Ty, this is the last time I'll be speaking with you," she whispered, "please...take care of Maerwen. She doesn't know yet...."

Maerwen would be devastated when she found out of her older sister's death. She was a fighter. The two sisters had been here the longest of them all, except for a few others. They were two of the few that survived the first days....

6/10/2010 #6
Agent of Chaos

She tiltered her face towards the newcomer, shrugging. "Don't know. Does it matter?" She asked no emotion in her voice. She turned towards Addison. Was evening? Time didn't matter here. She cocked her head to the side. "Don't talk like that, Addison." She crept to the other side. "Don't give them everything." She whispered. "They've taken our freedom. They treat us like animals." She flexed her wrist slightly and a thin tip of a claw pointed out of her wrist. "Let us show what they've created." She turned away. "Remember after they come for you, they'll be coming for me." She stated, staring at the ground. She gave Addison a long look, before glancing away once more. "Maerwen will have my protection." She muttered quietly. "All that I can give her."

She glanced up at the newcomer. "I've been here long enough to have almost seen the beginning. And my end will be when they finally come for me. This time for us. When we're alive, fighting; or going to be slaughtered."

6/10/2010 #7
Addison Black

Addison sighed. "Thankyou..." she whispered. She turned to the guard at the door as she growled, "but they wont take me without a fight..."

The guard took an uneasy step backwards as Addison's panther form took a crouch, then sprung, taking both figures tumbling out the door in a mess of claws, hands and blood. The other two guards entered the fray, but it wasn't enough to save the first guard from her fury. As the second guard reached for her, she turned on him, her blue eyes blazing like fire. With an animalistic growl that only a shapeshifter could make, she downed both the other guards, but an alarm had already been sounded, and guards began to pour down both sides of the hallway. Addison did the best she could to down the guards that came for her. As she was downing another gurad, to many for her to keep count, the fur on her spine prickled as she felt the prescence of the One. It was him, Azheria. The judge of the compound. He decided who stayed and who went.... He decided life or death. Beside him were Zelden and Arcaos, the two traitors. Two red-headed twins, both girls. The only way to tell them apart was that Zelden had green eyes and Arcaos had blue. "Take her," Azheria said. the two rushed forward. Addison could have had a fighting chance. She'd beaten these two before, when they were younger and ill of skill and power, but she was already weakened by this fight and the last, and the two closed in one her. Zelden posessed the power of speed and strength, telepathy and telekenesis. Arcaos's telekenesis was stronger, but not as great in speed. She also posessed strength and telepathy. Together, they both used telekenesis to grab Addison and throw her against the wall as she struggled to be freed from their grasp, but her mind was too weakened to be able to use her own telekenesis. Her thoughts flashed to her sister as she fell to the ground weakly, her human form, and they clampe the handcuffs over her wrists. Addison looked up, her eyes unfathomable. "Traitor," she said through gritted teeth. Arcaos kicked her in the face, and it silenced her. The guards came and picked her limp body up as all eyes in the cages watched, horrified. Addison, Maerwen, and Ty had led them. Together. Now it was up to Maerwen and Ty to lead, along with this newcomer. A little girl, seven or eight, watched from the cage next to them. "A-addy?" Darsal whispered as she saw them drag her friend away with no response. The little girl broke down into tears...

One guard at the door wiped the blood from his mouth as he looked in at Ty. "You're next," he grunted, a smile splaying on his bloody lips as he slammed the door, "I can't wait..."

6/11/2010 #8
Agent of Chaos

Tyreinna's eyes glowed maliciously. "Looking forward to it." She growled back, already savoring the moment of when he'd fall dead at her feet. The first few that would come for her would die. She'd make them pay that much for her pain. One didn't survive as long as she did without killing.

She stared int he direction Addisan had been dragged away. They'd be coming for her next... Was the supposed to alarm her? She supposed if she had been new to this it would. But not so much anymore.

After a few moments of silence, she turned away. Her black, knee-high boot made a muffled thud as she made her way towards the darkest part of the cage.

Mentally and physically tired, she leaned against the cold bars, facing the door. Practically everyone she knew was either dead or would be soon.

She straightened her long, dark blue trench coat, tucking a few strand of hair back into her bun, her eyes staring at the ground in front of her.

She straightened her stance, as a cold smirk played along her lips.

She would be ready when they came.

6/11/2010 #9
Addison Black

A little while later there was a shuffling of feet, but it was not hte same violent guards as before. It was three guards dragging a white tiger bound in chains. They heaved the tiger through the door and it growled as the door slammed and they left. Maerwen turned, her eyes searching the cave as she changed into a human, her brown hair flowing down past her shoulders. "Where's Addison?"

6/11/2010 #10
Yerathiel

Yerathiel wakes up in a dark place. She hears voices. Opening her eyes so she can see clearly, she realizes she can't. The cursed people took her glasses. She lets her eyes get accustomed sight, and can make sense of what is around her, even though it isn't very clear. She tries to talk, and hears what sounds like a growl in response. What in the world has happened?

She stands and struggles to walk over to the others in the supposed cage they were in. She favors her right leg. Her right shoulder is sore, as if she had been thrown into a wall.

Her hands ache as she tries to move them. Looking down, she sees busted knuckles. Although she can't remember what happened and why she is here, she does know that something went down. Clearing her throat, she says, voice like gravel, "What's going on here?"

6/11/2010 #11
Agent of Chaos

ty barely glanced at Maerwen. "They took her." She nodded towards the outside of the cage. "She..." He voice fell silent. "She," Ty tried again, wetting her lips, "asked me to watch over you." She stated quietly, finally facing Maerwen. She shook head sadly, her eyes downcast. "I'm sorry."

She turned away, not known what else to do. She didn't know how to comfort someone, she only knew how to kill. That was one of the reason why she ever gave up in seeing the real world again. Who'd want a killer? She didn't know anything else.

Her eyes fell on to the new girl, "Welcome to something worst than a Nightmare." She said casually, taking her hair down, just to twist it up tightly in a bun once more. "By the end of this hour, you'll wish it was just a Nightmare."

6/11/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 11/30/2011 #12
Addison Black

Though a fighter, like her sister, her heart nearly ripped in two. She collapsed, breathless as tears came to her eyes, unable to believe the pressing truth at hand. Her sister was going to be executed... that meant she'd found the way out. When Addison died, her thoughts would all come to Maerwen. She would see what Addison had seen in her last moments. She would know the way out. Addison knew this. Addison had sacrificed her life so that they might escape.....

She curled her knees to her chest and buried her face in them as she began to cry. Not as girls cry when things are unfiar. Not as children cry when something is taken away. No, she cried because the one remaining family member she had would breathe her last at dawn in order to save her sister's life. She cried honorably...

6/11/2010 #13
Yerathiel

Yerathiel stands there awkwardly. From the all-so welcoming...welcome [sarcasm, if you get me] to the crying girl in the corner, she doesn't know how to feel. Living on the streets before were bad, but she has a feeling they are going to get worse. Way worse. She aches to comfort the person in the corner, but chooses not to...she knows what loss feels like, but knows, also, what it is like to not want sympathy, or even worse...pity.

6/11/2010 #14
Addison Black

Maerwen took a breathe, shaking her head. "That means they'll be coming for you too then..." she whispered. "And when they find out the way our minds work together.... me."

6/12/2010 #15
Bleeding Perfection

I watch the whole exchange silently.

Is this the kind of thing that goes down here?

I take a good look at the locking mechanism keeping the cage closed. It's people-proof, but what about gun-proof. That lock wouldn't survive a gunshot. Good thing I had embedded a gun in my chest before they took me. My body had immediately compensated and made my chest look normal. Now is the time to use it. I know i've only been here a few hours, but I'm already hacked off about this place. I dig my fingernails into my chest and rip the gun out, most likely to the surprise of everyone around me, though I could care less what they think of me or my plans. The gun is a common .40 caliber 8-shot, with one extra bullet in the chamber. 9 bullets to get me out, unless there is a guard with a gun somewhere nearby. Most likely. The wound in my chest heals in less then 2 seconds. I put the gun to the lock, right about where the bolt would secure it shut. One shot shatters the connection easily, leaving me with 8 bullets. Obviously the guards have heard me, so it won't be easy getting out at this point.

"Anyone who wants out can follow me," I say the the inmates behind me, "Or you can stay here forever."

I move out before anyone has a chance to respond. All I care about is my family. I use my secondary power to locate the exit. A sixth sense, much like a dog's sense of navigation, only on a higher scale. I only need to be aware that I'm moving to memorize a path. I follow the corridors, which are oddly empty.

This is too easy. Something's wrong.

6/12/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 11/30/2011 #16
Addison Black

Maerwen watched him go. Foolish boy. "He's falling into another of Azheria's traps..." she whispered, knowing Ty would understand, but not the newby. "Az must have something special planned for him... seeing how he hasn't killed him yet.

6/12/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 11/30/2011 #17
Yerathiel

Yerathiel watches as the stranger extracted a gun from his chest and shoots the lock. This is definitley one of the weirdest things she has witnessed. She sighed, and, listening to the wise sounding person who had been crying just moments before, she opted not to take the opportunity. If it is meant to be, she will be free. She knows that that wasn't the moment.

6/13/2010 #18
Bleeding Perfection

I hold the gun steadily and point it in the direction of those odd sounding footsteps. Good thing I heard them early on, or I may have been ambushed.

6/13/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 11/30/2011 #19
Addison Black

The guard hissed. Why was he the unlucky one. "Go capture the stupid "special" stupid runt..." he muttered, faking Az's voice in a mocking tone. He tightened his grip on the Scar in his hands as he turned the corner of the hallway...

6/14/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 11/30/2011 #20
Bleeding Perfection

I drop one round into the guard the instant I see him round the corner.

(I have blades embedded in my body, kinda like Wolverine, but in more defensive places than offensive. I can open and close them at will. They come out of my back and arms, similar to Marvel Comic's Marrow, except made of metal, not bone.)

(Here's a picture: http://www.andertoons.com/img/cartoon-blog/2009/07/marrow.jpg Just imagine a well-built man with metal blades similar in location to MArrow's bone blades. Except not the ones in the upper arms, just the lower.)

6/14/2010 #21
Addison Black

The guard grunted painfully. Maybe it broke a couple ribs,but the vest on his chest protected him from fatal damage.... so far. "Put down the gun, and lets talk this over.... I really don't want to shoot you..."

6/14/2010 #22
Bleeding Perfection

"Shoot me?" I say, amost laughing, "Please, try to threaten me with something that will actually do damage."

I aim my gun at the guard's head.

"You should be more worried about me having to shoot you."

6/15/2010 #23
Addison Black

The man growled. ~'Az, maybe you should've sent Zelden ahd Arcaos down here...'~ he said telepathically. He heard Az's laugh in response. The man took a step back.

6/15/2010 #24
Bleeding Perfection

I can't waste bullets on this guy...

I stick the gun in my belt and deploy the blades in my right forearm, ready to fight.

"Give me your gun and I won't kill you," I say.

6/16/2010 #25
Addison Black

"That's what they all say," the guard muttered, his face white as he watches the blades appear as if magically...

6/16/2010 #26
Bleeding Perfection

"Don't say I didn't warn you," I say, reaching for the guard's throat, while pulling back for a punch.

6/16/2010 #27
Addison Black

Pale, the guard ducked quickly in a dodge and moved backwards at the same time. "You can come out whenever you want!" he yelled, hoping someone would answer. "Just letting you have some fun..." a dark voice replied from the darkness of anotherh allway...

6/16/2010 #28
Bleeding Perfection

I spin a kick at the guard's head, while simultaneously drawing the gun and pointing it in the direction of the new voice.

"Who's there?" I yell.

6/16/2010 #29
Addison Black

"you and I... are so much alike..." the voice whispered. If he took a step further, he would've seen a man leaning against the dark wall of hte next hallway. He had a black fedora on, and dark bangs underneath the hat. Both orked together to cover his eyes as he kept his head tilted down, a smile playing on his lips...

6/16/2010 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Arem H-A-Cooke, MongooseDelta
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member