Writers Inc
This is the home for wayward RPG's of any sort. Come join, create, write - Unleash the Power Inisde
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 .. Last Next »
Fleur-de-lis Evans

She tried to block the memory, but since the fight, her entrance here, everything took a toll. Her mind blocks buckled and images flashed across her brain transmitting to anyone who could pick them up.

It was a dark night. Rain poured down. She had to find Ariella. She rounded a corner and stopped. Ariella stood there, her blond hair blowing in the breeze. She was trying to keep two people apart.

"Stop it!' she said, "just get along."

The boy on her left let a smile cross his face. It distorted his features, making him seem... inhuman. He raised the gun, pointing it ahead at the boy she had followed here. She screamed, throwing herself in the way knocking the other boy down. Pyx crouched behind the gazebo and watched her fall. Her body made a thud to the ground and blood dyed the rain runoff red. The other boy fell to his knees tears of rage, or was it sadness, guilt, flowing down his cheeks. Pyx backed away, pain filling her. His pain, the girl's pain. It was her fault, Ariella was dead because of her.

She backed away, turning the way she had come and ran. Her bare feet flew over the pavement. The rain hammered down harder soaking her clothes through. Her breath hit the air making clouds, and he teeth began to chatter. But she didn't stop. She ran until her body gave out, until the sirens were far way, until all she could hear was dogs whining and all she could smell was rain soaked grass. She finally fell underneath a slide, the wood chips cutting into her feet.

She lifted her head from her hands. Her eyes focused on the wall outside the cell gate. Her voice came out stratchy. "I can't be. It's not possible." She stood up grabbing onto the bars. She screamed to nobody in particular, "What do you want from me?" she shook the bars. "What did I do to deserve this..."

The door closed behind her. When the guards had sauntered away, she let the hood fall. Her silver eyes passed over the other occupants, before settling on a boy and girl.

"You," she said turning to the girl. "You've seen her... where is she? What have they done do her?"

7/8/2010 . Edited 11/30/2011 #271
Addison Black

Jacque and Darcy had been returned to the cage, and went to sit by Maerwen's side, Darsal running her hands gently through her black fur. Darsal didn't take her eyes from Maerwen's dark form when she was spoken to. "What girl do you speak of."

Jacque turned his head and growled. "Don't speak to her like that."

7/8/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 11/30/2011 #272
Fleur-de-lis Evans

Ariella glanced at the boy. She leaned against the wall attempting to get her temper under control. "Pyxis," she said quietly. She sank into a squatting position holding her head in her hands.

7/8/2010 . Edited 11/30/2011 #273
Bleeding Perfection

I close my eyes, smiling gently. these people are going to help me save Daddy, and then, I was going to save them. Out of nowhere, an intense wave of sorrow washed over me, but it wasn't mine.

It was Pyxis'.

Rain pours down in the moonlit clearing, soaking into my very soul. A young Pyx stands to my side, unaware of my existense within her memory. My features blur against the wind, as if I'm a ghost, unknown to everyone present. Three other children stand scattered in the clearing, two boys and one girl. One boy raises a gun at the other, and a loud boom echoes in my head. The other girl shoves the boy out of the way, taking the bullet for him instead. As the blood pools on the ground, and Pyx runs away into the rain, I feel myself being pulled back into reality.

I gasp, confused by my entrance into Pyx's mind reality. My clothes are soaked from the very rain within her memories, as if I was really there, body, mind, and soul.

"She's still alive," I whisper.

7/8/2010 #274
Monsieur-Dollface

Valerai shrank away from the group of people. He as confused and.......scared? What did he do to be in this mess? A cage was no place for people......He found himself backed into a corner, alone. He was scared........Simple, but reality. He had never felt this before......Don't panic....it will make everything worse.......But this is just the beginning, isn't it? It's hardly begun......Don't you dare fall apart, Valerai. He breathed silently and stood up again. He would get through this. They wouldn't break him........

7/8/2010 #275
Addison Black

If you're scared, Maerwen thought to Valerai, then they've already broken you... Do not fear. I will protect you for all I am worth... I promise... you were the first person that cared.....

7/8/2010 #276
Monsieur-Dollface

Your welcome........Care is needed here........

7/8/2010 #277
Addison Black

Maerwen nodded, (I can put Jacque and Darsal back into another cage if you like. I didn't plan on having them in this cage in the first place.) and patted the empty space beside her with her tail, glancing up at him.

7/8/2010 #278
Monsieur-Dollface

Valerai hesitated, then cautiously moved to her, silent about everything. His eye looked down at the empty space and he sat beside her.Thank you....

7/8/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 11/30/2011 #279
Addison Black

She nodded, flicking her tail gnetly so as it touched his shoulder, and then glanced back down at the water...

7/8/2010 #280
Monsieur-Dollface

Valerai felt a strange peace as he sat beside her. He stared into the water.......Do....they ever come for someone?

7/8/2010 #281
Addison Black

For the tests? yes. They'll take you either by yourself, or in groups. Tomorrow is outdoor testing. More like what happened last night. It can be quite fun, sometimes, except for the fact that the other team members have perfect permission to kill you...

She didn't remove her gaze from the water until she'd finished 'speaking'. Stay by me. I'm pretty sure tomorrow's a group thing. They'll either take the whole cage, or take us in pairs. I need you to protect me, as much as you need me to protect you.

She looked down at her paws for a moment. If that's alright...

7/9/2010 #282
Fleur-de-lis Evans

Pyxis shook her head. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to lose control." She glanced over at Maerwen. She looked at her and Valerai. "For the record, I care," she said. "It just comes out as another emotion, I don't always have control over my emotions."

She glanced at Belle. "Hey, sorry for that." She patted the ground next to her. "Here, sit by me."

Ariella looked at the boy. He was protective of the girl. "Well have you? Have you seen her?"

7/9/2010 . Edited 11/30/2011 #283
Addison Black

Jacque forwned, but Darsal spoke before he could. Her voice was quiet, just barely over a whisper. "We fought with her. She took Maerwen's place in the battle because Maerwen would've died... but she got hurt bad. She was bleeding out... then Maerwen used her Dark power to take the wounds onto herself... I don't know if either of them are ok..." she looked down at the ground.

-----------------------------------------------

Maerwen nodded to Pyx and then flicked her tail again as she began to purr quietly...

7/9/2010 #284
Fleur-de-lis Evans

Ariella kept her eyes closed trying to fight the migraine with sheer will power. She looked up, her eyes softening. "This Maerwen, she's a good friend of yours, isn't she?" She regarded Jacque for a moment. "I'm sorry if I sounded threatening earlier. I'm not quite sure what's wrong with me, but I can't really controll the migraines I get or the burning hunger that travels through me," she took a deep breath sucking the air in through parched lips. "Maybe it would help if I told you my history with Pyx... that stunt she pulled sounds exactly like her rash and stupid self."

________________-

Pyx smiled. She sat in silence allowing herself to relax. If there were going to be outdoor tests tomorrow she'd definitely need to get her strength back up. She took her arm from around Belle and folded her legs into the lotus position, palms up, middle finger in closed circle with thumb, other fingers relaxed. She led her mind wipe itself of any thought and closed her eyes, breathing in through nose out through mouth. She fell into silent meditation sinking deep into an almost catonic-like state.

7/9/2010 #285
Addison Black

Maerwen smiledat Pyx's meditation. She spoke out loud this time, but her voice had a sort of growl to it, and was distorted a bit bcause of her panther form."Yes, the outdoor tests can be fun, but dangerous. Think of it as a hectic, no rules game of capture the flag, except that the flag is one of your team mates..." she closed her eyes. "Sometimes they let the players kill the youngest ones. Especially the weak or sick ones..." she frowned, but then her fae brightened a bit. "There is some good news though. Since you won the battle last night, our two cages will be fed before we have to work... fed what? I have not the slightest idea, but fed none-the-less."

7/9/2010 #286
Fleur-de-lis Evans

from the portion of her mind Pyx kept open to the rest of the world she thought Hm... some type of food would be good. better than beef jerky and raw meat.

7/9/2010 #287
Monsieur-Dollface

Of course it is....... Valerai slightly shifted his position beside her, so that he could see better. Testing.........And killing. He would make sure that he wouldn't get killed. He would fight.....Life.....It's an interesting thing to go through...Fed? We don't ususally get fed?

7/9/2010 . Edited 7/9/2010 #288
Addison Black

You get fed once at night, but most of us need food before the tests, she murmured in her thoughts, looking up at him.

7/9/2010 #289
Monsieur-Dollface

That could be.......a problem for me.........I have a problem with eating......

7/9/2010 #290
Addison Black

She looked into his eye. What do you mean?

7/9/2010 #291
Monsieur-Dollface

I........I have a hard time keeping food down..........I usually eat through an IV or injection........I tend to vomit.........I don't know why, but it happens. Rare times I can keep it down....

7/9/2010 #292
Fleur-de-lis Evans

Pyx let herself get lost in meditation but kept an ear out for their conversation. Maybe there was a way she could help Valerai. If she could get a few things she could make him an easily transportable and easily concealed food pouch... well "food" pouch but still it might help. She let herself drift back into consciousness. She kept her eyes closes but said, "I may be able to help you Valerai. I'd just need someone to get me a plastic tube and an IV needle... I also need to borrow your jacket."

7/9/2010 . Edited 11/30/2011 #293
Monsieur-Dollface

My Jacket?.........Why? Valerai shifted again, and looked back at her. I have a couple of doses with me.......But not enough to survive for long.....

7/9/2010 #294
Addison Black

Darsal nodded. "tell us, we shall listen."

----------------------------------------------------

Maerwen shook her head. "You have to get one from the inside tests..." and that's a REALLY dangerous and difficult thing to do, considering that that testing facility is quite a ways away, and you're usually immobolized when they take you..." she frowned

7/9/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 11/30/2011 #295
Monsieur-Dollface

I can see if I can stretch my doses........I have a needle with me, for the doses.......If I'm careful, I can stretch it for about a week......

7/9/2010 #296
Fleur-de-lis Evans

Pyx smiled. "Nope I don't. I have some stuff from my old digs that I nabbed before they brought me here. My dad really enginered some great stuff. I just need a tube and IV needle. The rest is up to getting food. The pouch he made automatically converts things to liquid form keeping all the nutrition. And it can be easily concealed, by sewing it into a pocket on the inside of your jacket."

"Alright," she said. "She came to my house at 8. She stayed with us till she was 9, for a year. That year I died, or least though that's what happened. Anyways, she blamed herself for my death and ran away. Stupid child," she said but the tone was fond. "She's the only sister I've known. I've been looking for her. To tell her she was right. She tried to warn not to go that night."

7/9/2010 #297
Monsieur-Dollface

That would work.......Thank you.....Valerai didn't move from his position, but silently removed his long balck coat from himself. He looked slightly strange without it. A black and blue vertically striped scarf over a very dark red t-shirt.

7/9/2010 #298
Addison Black

Jacque nodded, and Darsal listened with a stony expression.

7/9/2010 #299
Fleur-de-lis Evans

Pyxis moved taking it from him and beginning work. "After the was done she showed him the pouch, in a pocket inside the sleeve. "Now all it needs is the tube and IV needle. The pouch is small enough that it can all be stored in the pocket when you're done.

"That's the last thing I remember. Seeing white feeling warm.... then I woke up on the side of a mountain and it felt as if fire burned in my veins. Now I get horrible headaches and feel week. I have no idea what is going on with me."

7/9/2010 #300
« Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Arem H-A-Cooke, MongooseDelta
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member