Writers Inc
This is the home for wayward RPG's of any sort. Come join, create, write - Unleash the Power Inisde
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »
Bleeding Perfection

Zane:

Once the witch episode is over, I return to the base, then bring the witches to an empty cell. It's nowhere the cell I had woken up in, thankfully. I wouldn't want the inhabitants of that cell to worry. I return to Az and nonchalantly report what had happened at the capture.

"I hear we're having a group test tomorrow?" I say.

(Have Az say yes, and make him say that Vela's [Zane's wife] body will be the flag. It will go along with my idea for bringing her back as a Level Zero.)

---

Belle:

I watch the two in the corner. Maerwen and Valerai. They're talking by mind, but I'm not going to intrude on their thoughts. I look up at Pxyis. She looks kinda like Mommy did, only younger.

I reach out and grab Pyx's hand.

7/9/2010 #301
Fleur-de-lis Evans

Pyx smiled "It's going to be alright for now, Belle." She ruffled the girl's hair. For some reason, outside of her empathic ability, she felt connected to this girl. She would help her out, if it was the only way to prove to whoever was responsible for the hell she'd lived in that she could not be broken. From now on she'd exert strength. Whatever the reason, or the way, she'd get Belle out and help return her father to the good. That was the promise she'd made to herself when she lost her family, to keep whatever families together that she could.

7/9/2010 . Edited 11/30/2011 #302
Bleeding Perfection

Belle:

I hold Pyx's hand tighter, for some reason. She reminds me of Mommy only a little, but I still feel connected to her. It's weird, but I feel like I had known her all my life.

7/9/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 11/30/2011 #303
Fleur-de-lis Evans

Pyx looked across at Maerwen and Valerai, and over at Miguel and the other imprisoned in the cage. She thought for a moment, and then said, "We're all going to be put up for the test tomorrow, right? Not just us, but all the prisoners here... There must be a way we can decide on some tactical operations to submit to those we are competing against."

7/9/2010 #304
Bleeding Perfection

"Will I have to fight?" I say.

7/9/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 11/30/2011 #305
Fleur-de-lis Evans

Pyx shook her head. "No.." Then her eyes brightened to a startling green. "But you can turn invisible." She knelt down. "How about, during this test, you scout out the mess halls and check to see how many weapons and what kind they have to use against us, besides other supers."

She glanced over at Valerai and Maerwen. "And while you're doing that we'll give them a good time. And this time they get to see a skill set they never knew existed." She was excited now. She had studied tapes of her father, mother, and various other Masters and had honed her martial arts, street fighting, and slight skill with weapons to fit each one separately. That's what she usually used, one of those eight combination sets. And then when they thought they knew what hit 'em she pulled out her selected moves. She knew her attitude had totally changed but for once she wasn't angry but excited.

7/10/2010 #306
Bleeding Perfection

I know I'll have to turn invisible to avoid being taken to the test games, but that's easy. But maybe the people in this cage would be better suited to escape before the test?

"What if we got out before tomorrow's games?" I ask, "So that you don't have to fight, or get hurt."

7/10/2010 #307
Fleur-de-lis Evans

"Um...I'm not too sure how that's gonna work... See Maerwen has got a plan I think..."

7/10/2010 . Edited 11/30/2011 #308
Monsieur-Dollface

"Fighting.............That's how they're going ot test us?........" It made sense. To see what they were capable of.....What each could do and how they used their powers/skills. He had gratefully taken his coat back and aftering giving a quick shy, quiet thank you, he put it back over his thin, lean body. "How.......are you going to get the IV and tube?"

7/10/2010 #309
Addison Black

"Yes, Valerai, they fight us. They care not about if we survive, but just to find out what makes us tick, so to speak... they'll take peoples lives just for their powers, my friend." she sighed, suddenly so very tired. Her purring was now a dull hum, and she collapsed on her side a bit painfully...

7/10/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 11/30/2011 #310
Monsieur-Dollface

Valerai stared down at the floor, a slight shiver ripping through him. If they wanted a fight from him.....then they would get one. He would fight to ensure life in a place where death seemed to linger in the air. Fight......for life.....

7/10/2010 #311
Addison Black

"If you will fight with me... together we may survive.." she whispered, staring down at the water...

7/10/2010 #312
Monsieur-Dollface

"Yes..........I.....will." He looked up at her, his eye studying her for a moment. His hand twitched and he cautiously lifted it and carried it over to her, resting it gently on her side.

7/10/2010 #313
Fleur-de-lis Evans

"Well, I'm sure that I can figure a way to lift one, at some point." She sat down in a vacant area by the wall. She closed her eyes, her head pounding. She had a feeling who she would fight.

7/11/2010 . Edited 11/30/2011 #314
Monsieur-Dollface

At.....some point......How long would that be? With what I have, carfeully used, I can make due for.....maybe about a week and a half.........

7/11/2010 #315
Fleur-de-lis Evans

Well if Belle can turn invisible then she could possibly get you one tomorrow. I would get one tonight, but I'm too tired to change into an inconspicuous animal and sneak my way around a place I hardly know. She felt her eyes closing, even though her mind rebelled against the idea of sleeping in this environment.

7/12/2010 #316
Addison Black

Jacque and Darcy glanced at each other. It was one of many stories they'd heard like this. they had no idea what she was... one of the many that had passed through these walls...

Margo glanced up and began to purr quietly again at his touch, listening to them talk things over...

7/12/2010 #317
Fleur-de-lis Evans

Ariella passed a hand over her face. "I see that you cannot help me, there. But can you explain what this place does?"

Pyx let her mind wander. If it were true, she'd have to rest up, she had no idea what they'd d one to Ariella. And she still hadn't gotten a definite answer from Belle. She feared her request was too dangerous as it stood. She did not want to include her, but she'd be angry at being treated less than everyone so it was only fair, in Pyx's mind that she be given the job of scouting out the areas they'd need to raid before escaping, or sabotage for that matter.

7/12/2010 . Edited 11/30/2011 #318
Addison Black

Darcy closed her eyes.

A moment later, everyone in the cage could see what she was showing, as if it were a movie playing, whether their eyes were open or closed, feeding it into their minds. She showed the cage fights, the indoor and outdoor tests, the traitors leaving and returning with new subjects for study, the executions, including some of her friends. It brought her great pain to show these. Not because it was using energy, but because remembering these things hurt her. the others would've felt that hurt from has in the stories as well...

Maerwen flicked her tail, her golden eyes rising to look at Pyx. "What are you doing?"

7/13/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 11/30/2011 #319
Fleur-de-lis Evans

Ariella shuddered. "I see. You don't have to keep projecting if it causes you so much pain." She remained seated gazing contemplatively past the girl. "Well, I suppose I know who I will be pitted against."

"Resting," she answered. "I know who I must fight, and I need all my mental strength so I can remain emotionless."

7/13/2010 . Edited 11/30/2011 #320
Monsieur-Dollface

Valerai sighed and reached into his coat, pulling out a needle. Rolling up a sleeve, he carefully injected the needle, watching the liquid go down to a certain level before pulling it out and putting it away. I'll be fine.

7/15/2010 #321
Fleur-de-lis Evans

That's good Pyxis said in her mind. She let herself fall into a state of unconsciousness, that was close to sleep but not sleep. As she rested her many persona's flickered through her mind each recharging for the coming day.

7/15/2010 #322
Bleeding Perfection

Belle:

I'm still unwilling to let go of Pyxis' hand. I don't let go even when Pyx goes into a sleep-like state.

"I've decided," I say, "I'll help all of you any way I can. Maybe if I can get you all out, Daddy could come with us."

My powers surge through me again. (To your characters, they would notice Belle's eyes turn blank white at this point.)

"Well, I think it's time for me to go," I say, reluctantly releasing Pyx's hand.

In a split second, I vanish from the cell and return, holding an IV setup for Valerai. I put it down and return to invisibility, then exit the cage and teleport to the abandoned sector of the facility.

I'll be there tomorrow, I mind-speak to the inhabitants of the cell, And you can all go home.

7/23/2010 #323
Fleur-de-lis Evans

Pyx felt some alarm when the girl let go. Her voice echoed in Pyx's mind, a slight whisper. She wanted to open her eyes, but could not. She must remain in a restful state. She trusted that Belle would be alright, that they would be able to fight and get out of here. Although, Pyx had felt when she got here, as she had in her younger years, that she would return to these cages for a long time. And despite it all, she still hoped, hoped for freedom more than anything else.

7/24/2010 #324
Addison Black

Maerwen sighed and curled her paws under her, moving away from the water over to the wall, laying back down and curling her tail around her. She looked up at Valerai, then the others.

"It gets cold in here. If any of you get cold, my fur's pretty warm... if you don't mind sleeping with a cat."

With that she shuddered as her neck touched the cold floor, and then closed her eyes, shaking her body one last time and then settling silent...

7/29/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 11/30/2011 #325
Fleur-de-lis Evans

Pyx fell asleep but wasn't unaware of the cold seeping into her bones. She merely focused on her core power deriving warmth from the center of her body and slowly spreading it throughout her system. It would be a looooong day.

She looked across at Darcal. "So, does it cold down here?"

7/30/2010 #326
Addison Black

Darcy chuckled. "Sometimes the water in the back of the cage will freeze over.... in the winter you can't even get a drink..."

7/31/2010 #327
Fleur-de-lis Evans

"I see," she said. "Is there anything going on tomorrow? The guards kept muttering about something..."

8/2/2010 #328
Fleur-de-lis Evans

Pyxis felt warmth move through her and she came out of her meditative state. She glanced over at Marwen "What exactly are we doing today?"

8/9/2010 . Edited 11/30/2011 #329
Addison Black

Maerwen glanced at Valerai who sat besides her. She uncoiled her tail from around him and shifted into her human form.

"Today we fight... another cage yet again, I assume. Sometimes they change it up..."

8/9/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 11/30/2011 #330
« Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Arem H-A-Cooke, MongooseDelta
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member