Writers Inc
This is the home for wayward RPG's of any sort. Come join, create, write - Unleash the Power Inisde
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »
Bleeding Perfection

"Hmph," I say, "Well don't be reading my mind. I'm not here 'cause I want to be."

6/28/2010 #91
Addison Black

Arcaos chuckled. "Who do you think brought you here?"

6/28/2010 #92
Bleeding Perfection

"That's not my concern," I reply, "What are we about to do, anyway?"

I'm glad I brought up that change of subject.

6/28/2010 #93
Addison Black

"there's a coven of witches. Previous servalence has shown six or seven. two water, one fire, one wind, and three earth... our job is to catch them"

6/28/2010 #94
Bleeding Perfection

I look at the map.

"Well I guess I have no choice," I say, "I can pretty much handle any one of those witches, notice my healing power, so I'll do what I have to."

6/29/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 11/30/2011 #95
Addison Black

Az nodded. "The twins will teleport you there. You have your gear?'

"Yes, sir..."

"Then off you go."

Maerwen looked over. A new girl. She closed her eyes. "They're leaving again," she whispered a moment later...

6/29/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 11/30/2011 #96
Bleeding Perfection

"Ready when you are," I say to the twins.

6/29/2010 #97
Fleur-de-lis Evans

Someone looked straight at me. I couldn't see through the haze that began to go over my eyes. I knew that whatever had happened to me was tame compared to what they'd done to my brain. They were probably testing if I was like other shifters. If I could heal merely by changing form and waiting for my skin and any broken bones to knit back together. I took a breath, hearing out is rasped out. I tried to talk but my voice came out so quiet I don't know if anyone heard me.

"You lost a family member didn't you?" I asked of the woman, the one who had been angry moments before. "I-I don't mean to be rude, it's just I'm an empath and I sensed your anger and pain, that's all."

I found myself adding "Also, sorry you have to look on my ugly face." I wondered if they'd help me, if they'd ask what else I'd been through to see how strong I was. I hadn't fully mastered my shifting yet, I am rather young for my race, I only look about 15 in human years. I waited hoping that the woman who had just spoken wouldn't strike me for my boldness.

6/29/2010 #98
Alexander Starkiller

Why would they speak to me anyways? No of course not. I am just a plain man. Nothing to me at all.

Despite my inner monologue I look around, hoping for some interaction. "Anybody wanna talk? About anything. I'm bored, and would like to just talk with someone," I sigh. Of course. Everyone thinks I'm a loon. Sigh.

6/29/2010 #99
Fleur-de-lis Evans

I hope that woman who spoke earlier interrupts me and reacts to me at some point. But, I look over at the new guy, seemingly unharmed, but I don't let it fool me. "What do you wanna know? Whatever I tell you everyone else will hear, anyways. Ask anything... About my face, what the number on my arm is... I can tell you know, whoever you are, you're in for a hell, a less horrible kind than what I've been through already, but hell all the same.

6/29/2010 #100
Addison Black

"No.... she was so much more than that..." Maerwen looked up, "and she's to be executed in a few hours..." she whispered, trying to stop the tears.

6/29/2010 #101
Fleur-de-lis Evans

I glanced over at her, hoping my scars didn't make my face look different than what I felt for her. "You have a soul-link don't you?" I tried to stop shaking but I'd lost lots of blood. "Not to be a bother, but is there anyway you could help bind these again? Rip up the rest of my shirt maybe?"

I wasn't afraid. I knew I wasn't meant to die here. Maybe if she could help me there would be some way I could help her. If I could freeze my wound, that is keep it contained I could shift, everything My height, my clothes. That is if I had help. If she could shift as a distraction I could look exactly like one of the female guards I saw outside the door. These cages had enough corner that if we killed the guard the could hide her and her body would never be found.

I send this all into her mind. Then I asked "Are there cameras in this cage area?"

6/29/2010 #102
Addison Black

"I can... heal you.. but it will take everything in me. Can you take care of wounds such as yours, say, on another person?"

6/29/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 11/30/2011 #103
Alexander Starkiller

I give up with waiting. I get up shift my weight to my left leg and limp over to the women. They look at me funny, but I speak anyways. "Yes there are, but not for long if you tell me what you are up to," I say this softly and wait for a reply.

6/29/2010 #104
Addison Black

Maerwen looked over at the other newcomer, waiting for this new girl's answer...

6/29/2010 #105
Fleur-de-lis Evans

"Only if they are a shifter," I say. "I'm young for the race... but I've been experimented on. If you don't mind healing me, and me going to my Dark Mind I can heal. I just need someone to transform over me, so that my power release doesn't catch anyone's attention. And I need a person to be fully unconcious or," I winced pain filling every part of me, "dead before I can take on their mind and body, shift that is. I've been weakened by their testing."

I glanced over at the other new one. I didn't speak for a moment, but instead asked, "What's your name?" to the woman. I turned briefly to the man and said, "What race are you? what's your specialty?'

6/29/2010 #106
Alexander Starkiller

"I'm Alex despite your apparent lack of interest. I am a human with the power over electricity. This includes electricity in the air, electronics, and the nervous system of any species I come across, including my own. That can increase speed, strength, or knocking someone out. Or a video camera in this case."

6/29/2010 #107
Addison Black

"Maerwen. I'll heal you, but promise me this..." she looked up into the girl's eyes, "promise me you wont let me die..." she whispered, placing her hand on the girl's chest and closing her eyes. The girl may have felt the pain numbing, and suddenly her wounds would have been closing, healing, and disappearing.....

but they were reappearing on Maerwen. After a few agonizing moments, Maerwen released her and then collapsed...

6/29/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 11/30/2011 #108
Alexander Starkiller

I sit; obviously unimportant again. Whatever they were doing, they didn't need, or want me.

6/29/2010 #109
Fleur-de-lis Evans

Pyxis looked toward Alex, her mind clear. She shook her head, "That's not it all," she said sensing his dejection. "I was actually more concerned with surviving a few minutes ago. But if you can heal you'll have to help Maerwen. And if you can effect people with your powers, if a guard comes in here you have to disable them for me."

As she spoke she began shifting, her hair changing to a dusty brown, the scar over her eye disappearing and her height increasing. When she was finished she knelt by Maerwen. Her wounds had been extensive, and she shuddered when she realized what this woman had done for her. She thought back to her days of freedom, when she'd learned how to channel another's power to help someone. She was sure this Maerwen was a shifter, so being careful not to draw too much she pricked her wrist on the edge of a sharp piece of metal from the floor. She held to her before turning to Alex.

"Could you help me heal her? There may be a way for us to use your electricity to transfer my blood to her. It should help her heal. At least enough to get her body back to functioning."

6/30/2010 #110
Addison Black

Maerwen struggled to breathe, to do anything. She'd been tested on for years.... but what had they done to this girl? She could almost feel her life draining as she lay there, and she closed her eyes, the pain making her drowsy... or was that death encouraging her to give up?

6/30/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 11/30/2011 #111
Fleur-de-lis Evans

Pyxis took a deep breath. She allowed her mind to close and anger to flood her senses. When her eyes opened again they were dark, and unreadable. She was about to begin healing Maerwen when a though pierced the air.

'Maerwen, are you alright? What are they doing to you?'

It sounded panicked and anguished. Pyxis replied, using as little energy as possible,'I'm Pyxis,' she said. 'Your sister took on my wounds so I may try to save you. Is there any forms you haven't used yet? If you can change yourself into a completely different looking person, I can help get you out.'

She turned back to Maerwen. "They've done a lot to me," she whispered, "one of which is to split my mind into completely different personalities. This is my dark side. I should be able to heal you." She glanced over at Alex and merely took his hand. She turned her arm over Maerwen's new wounds. Her blood dripped into them and began to change, to replenish. By transforming her other arm, she was able to use some of Alex's electricity manipulation in order to kick start Maerwen's nervous system into action. It took at least an hour before the worst of the wounds, the ones that a shifter couldn't heal on their own were fixed. After that Pyxis let go, allowing her own arm to heal and letting go of Alex's hand.

She glanced at him. "No one is ever useless. If we were these b*** wouldn't have enslaved our own kinds against us." She waited for a few minutes until Maerwen's breathing was normal again. Then she sent a brief and quite message to who must be her sister.

'She can heal the rest on her own.'

6/30/2010 . Edited 11/30/2011 #112
Arem

Miguel Gray

Age: 27 - 6'1" Strong build, shaggy (not curly) dirty blond hair, bright green eyes, kind smile, British accent Powers: the inability to die. Seriously. He cannot die. Stick a bomb in his chest and his body will rebuild itself from charred bone fragments. Also, he has a mild telekinesis but don't ask him to lift anything over two hundred pounds.

---

A small cluster of guards entered the cellblock, one of whom was pushing a gurney on which lay a very white, stiff corpse. A big ugly hole looked like it had been punched through the cadavers chest - fragments of ribs jutting up out of the hole. The new guards came up to the cell and smoothly opened it, slid the gurney inside, kicked the body onto the floor, withdrew the gurney, and locked the door again. The corpse lay on the floor much in the way that corpses always lie - with a sort of heaviness that isn't often found in nature. His broken chest was to the ground, the scarred back being exposed for the other occupants to see.

What they didn't see, however, was the flesh slowly knitting itself back together. New bone very sluggishly connected with old broken bone and started to reform the chest cavity. The shredded membrane of his lungs melted into form and new veins were threaded throughout the damage. Almost as soon as the lungs had finished mending, the heart shot back into action and the cadaver was quite suddenly no longer a cadaver. Miguel gasped as though he were breathing for the first time and jolted sideways on the floor. For a moment, he blindly scrambled until he was sitting upright, still gasping and trying very hard to hold back a cry of pain.

Resurrection hurt. A lot.

The memories came flooding back to his oxygen starved brain and it gave him a blinding headache. Eye's squeezed shut, he pressed the palms of his hands into his eye sockets and a seething curse of pain crawled out of his clenched teeth. The ribs were almost completely fused together and muscle strands were weaving together and starting to cover the area. He swallowed the urge to finger the repair work as if the process would speed up and offer him relief. He shuddered.

6/30/2010 . Edited 6/30/2010 #113
Addison Black

Addison shook her head. "Maerwen, my dear Maerwen..." its something she knew she would've done. Her sister was trying to be like her...

She sighed. This was going to hurt Maerwen so much more than it was going to hurt her...

Maerwen was still in pain, and though a lot of what had been done to her had been slightly healed, she still bled. If she was conscious she would've acknowledged the man that had just been dropped into the cell, but even if she had been conscious, if she'd opened her mouth probably the only thing she would've managed was a cry of pain....

6/30/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 11/30/2011 #114
Bleeding Perfection

I watch the twins jump ahead through the trees. I'm not particularly interested in capturing supers, or keeping up with them, yadda, yadda. I walk behind them, using my navigation sense to follow their path.

6/30/2010 #115
Addison Black

Might I remind you that your daughter's life depends on this, Zelden(the boy) hissed.

6/30/2010 #116
Bleeding Perfection

"You wouldn't be able to lay a single finger on her even if you tried," I say, "She's far more powerful than you and Aracos combined many times over."

I speak it out loud because I don't know how to mind-speak. Hopefully they'll pick it up.

6/30/2010 #117
Addison Black

Arcaos growled, "When we get our new man in, she'll be of no concern..."

6/30/2010 #118
Alexander Starkiller

I can help! I get up and focus on the hurting woman. I connect with her nervous system and shut down several key pain receptors. She was now in a position similar to being hit with a few shots of morphine. Though she still had complete control over her body. The pain would come back eventually but lessened. I then worked my way into her bone marrow and had her producing her own blood at a faster rate. After that I "leave" her body. She was still in a very bad way and feeling a lot of pain, despite my efforts. It was up to them to solve this problem for good.

6/30/2010 #119
Fleur-de-lis Evans

Pyxis looked up. If they were dumping the body here it wasn't a cadaver. She paid no mind to it as she caught the woman Addison's thoughts.

'No,'she thought putting all the savageness in it as she could muster.'You'll live another day and they will pay for what they've done to me, and our race.'

She turned back to Maerwen and asked, "How long have you been here?" she added as if to herself, although she knew they heard her, "Here is a worse Hell than where I was."

6/30/2010 . Edited 11/30/2011 #120
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Arem H-A-Cooke, MongooseDelta
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member