Writers Inc
This is the home for wayward RPG's of any sort. Come join, create, write - Unleash the Power Inisde
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 .. Last Next »
Alexander Starkiller

Bending down a bit, Allen kissed Margo on her left cheek. "Okay, let's get going!" He started off with Margo in hand to the northwest part of the city. A few minutes in he felt curiosity scratching at his brain. He held it off another minute, but gave in shortly. "Hey, um, Margo... Tell me about yourself. Not your past or anything, just who you are now and maybe what you can do?" Allen ended in a question. He was worried about how a question like that, only a few hours since he had interrogated her, would pan out. But he wanted to know her better, and didn't regret it, and so he prepared his defense.

10/30/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 5/14/2011 #391
Addison Black

Margo glanced up at him. He looked worried, asking the question. She leaned her head against his shoulder as they walked, to let him know somewhat that it was alright.

"I'm half vampire. I have the gift of telepathy and telekenisis, and I can fight. I may have some other powers in me, but I haven't discovered them yet. You?"

10/30/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 5/14/2011 #392
Bleeding Perfection

Joe Green stood at the top spire of the Northwest Church, balancing on the tiny tip like it was nothing. But he wasn't interested in practicing balance. No, that wasn't it at all.

"Where are you..." he whispered in a mettalic, sing-song voice, his green eyes flashing, "Little vampire?"

That Margo was supposed to be dead. Jade had stabbed her clear though the chest, and she still hadn't died. See, the difference between half-breeds and full-breeds was that full-breeds could only die one way. Wooden stake through the heart. Not so with Half-breeds. No, Margo should have died long ago. His internal radar would alert him to anyone approaching...

10/30/2010 #393
Alexander Starkiller

A little strength entered Allen's heart as she leaned against him. See? He didn'talwaysscrew things up! He said to Margo, "Me, I'm a half-Kineta. We really are alike, aren't we? Hahaha. Anyway, I'm the son of a Kineta mother and Human father, that's how I came to be. I have a total control over electricity, there's not much I can't make it do. Magnetism, EMP's, Lightning, a hard to control form of 'flight', and the ability to dry off after a shower without a towel are some of my tricks." Uncomfortable holding hands with her as she had her head on his shoulder, he pulled the hand out from its original position and moved it around Margo's shoulders.

10/30/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 5/14/2011 #394
Addison Black

"How did you come to the dead city?" The question had been plagueing her all day, and now seemed like the best time to ask it...

10/30/2010 #395
Fleur-de-lis Evans

Tobias kept eye contact with Ripper. "I noticed her bag laying on the ground and mentioned it. All I know is there must have been something retrieved, otherwise she wouldn't have bothered retrieving the bag in the first place, she would have returned here and left it behind."

He did not mention that it was he who found the file in the first place, only that Talia had it. It was his job to look out for her, and right now the only way he could do that was by making sure she looked good. He would complete the second half of this goal after they were alone.

10/30/2010 . Edited 5/16/2011 #396
Alexander Starkiller

Allen almost froze where he was, but quickly remembered that Margo was currently leaning on him, and her falling to the ground would not go over well. Slowly, Allen began, "Well, it's a very... long story. But, I suppose you deserve to hear this from me, I did here it from you... It's starts... um, twenty-one years ago. By this time, for whatever the fff- hell reason, sorry, the man who created me was a drunken b***, always beating my mom, and I was aware of it. I hated him then, but I was seven, what could I do? Nothing. That year, was when my mom left. She didn't leave me and my sister--oh yes, Ihada sister--though, she wouldn't do that. She was... called... away. She said to me, 'I need to go now, but don't worry, hon, I'll be back.'"

Allen took a few breaths, leaning on Margo as much as she was on him. The pain evident in his voice up until now, slowly gained a rough quality; it turned to hate. "Then, fast forward five years. I'm twelve, my sister seven--I remember her eyes, the most beautiful combination of lapis lazuli and amethyst--and our 'keeper' far worse then he was with my mom. I had to take all the beatings, too, my sister would have died if I hadn't. See this scar? Behind my ear? Well, it curves from there, down behind my neck, just touching my spinal column, to the left side of my back, then, it comes back up and around, a circle, crossing over my spine again (heh, it goes downmillimetresabove my spinal cord, I was almost paralyzed), and down to the small of my back on the right side. That was one night when he was especially drunk, and had decided to cut up some venison; I had already cut his food, but apparently it wasn'tgoodenough. I could probably remove that scar, if I tried with Faeri, but Ineedto keep it, for reasons all my own."

A short pause, hate filling the air, lightning shooting away from him, avoiding Margo and Saphira unconsiously. A breath, "THEN, then it happened. Just after this scar formed, and the blood stopped flowing out of my back. IT happened. My sister, my beautiful sister left school early, it was a half-day and I wasn't aware of it. My school got out thirty minutes before hers usually, and I would walk her home. Usually. I got home, and I realized that our 'devil' had decided to skip his job that day. I saw him, booze bottle in one hand, a butcher knife in the other hand, in front of my sister.

I discovered that day, my electrical powers. I buried my sister in my mom's garden, which I had been secretly tending. It was perfect, it fit her, her name, her personality, her life, and her death. [Yes, I realize that I did not tell you her name, Addy] And the b***? Hell, I left his smoking corpse to rot like it deserved. I set out that day, and found a records database center. I snuck in and changed them. My family never existed,Inever existed. Who I was before was dead, I am who you see beside you today, Allen Merrick [*Gasp*]. I found a job, was good at it, got money, and left the city that was no longer my home. It might still behishome, the boy who lived there, but Allen Merrick had no home.

I hopped cities. Went from place to place. Found new things to drench my sorrow, my grief, my hate in. Went from a job-hopper, to a roming gangbanger, only I was my own gang. I did not kill, only one man had ever deserved my murder, probably will ever deserve it, but I stole, dealt in the Black Market, trafficked drugs, and blackmailed. It felt good for a time, as all evil does. Then I fell to addiction, while I was, fourteen-fifteen. Not to my drugs, hell no, but to alcohol, as my slavemaster once had [notice the aversion to "dad" and "father"?]. Dear God on High things were horrible then. I was far more violent, fatal injuries so close when it came to my victims. Age sixteen, I found God, and I stopped my rampant alcoholism. Still did illegal things, still was cold and callous, broke the Commandments many times, but no longer did I do anything immoral. Seventeen, I came here, to this city."

Hatred there, but no longer heavy in the air, the lightning was gone for the most part as well. Softer, "It was a bright new city, just after it had finished placing the last Mickey D's on Main Street. The air was lively, the people even more lively. A week from my eighteenth birthday, Ripper shows up. Tens of thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands, dead by Ripper. A few ten thousand escaped in time, but without cars. For whatever reason, the area surrounding this city turned to wasteland, and many died. I'm sure a few thousand survived to the nearest city, which leads me to wonder why the military hasn't come yet. Maybe Ripper washed their minds..."

Allen was shaking badly, tears threatened, but they were easily defeated and stayed in his eyes. He held Margo tightly. "Sorry that was so long, I rambled didn't I? Well, that's how I came to be here! Hehehehaha!" Allen's voice cracked, and he fell silent, being cradled by his lover as they walked to the outlet stores.

10/30/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 5/14/2011 #397
Bleeding Perfection

Joe closed his eyes. The radar was optionally displayed on his 'dream-vision' that appeared behind hi eyelids. It was like a dream, only a radar instead. Two small blips appeared, one in red, one in blue. The colors indicated sex.

"Well, well, little vampire," Joe said quietly, opening his eyes, "It seems you've found yourself a bodyguard..."

He dropped from the church spire quietly, down through a hole in the roof of the church. His senses screamed when he landed inside, due to the Wicked reacting to the Holiness of the church. He ignored it and exited quickly. When the pair came down the center road, they'd see Joe standing in the middle, legs slightly parted like a gunslinger, hands at his sides.

A fight would be unavoidable.

10/31/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 5/14/2011 #398
Addison Black

Margo supported him as much she could. She was amazed how his power reacted with his anger. She'd seen it before in some of her vampiric and powered companions, but his was almost breathetaking. The story shocked her, but you wouldn't have been able to tell by her expression.

She froze suddenly. "Allen..."

10/31/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 5/14/2011 #399
Bleeding Perfection

Joe saw Margo's face and nearly laughed.

"Yes, Allen, look!" He mocked, "Look, there's a man standing in the middle of the road! Whoever could he be?"

A shroud of Black Wicked enveloped the area, a foot thick and floating only inches above the ground. It resembled an evil fog, hanging below all the things around it.

"Enter, Sarachna."

It was a powerful spell associated with both cyborgs and Wicked. And it was what Joe was using.

Allen, Margo and Joe all sank into the fog quickly, and the scenery was replaced by one of complete horror. Molten rocks hovered in midair, and the Wicked swirled on all sides. In the ceter of the high-walled arena, stood a familiar form. It was Joe Green, but with mechanical spider legs streching out in all directions. The long legs lifted him high above the ground, and he had a long metal scorpion's tail reaching far out behind him. It flicked back, then curved over him.

"Welcome to the Arena, Margo," Joe said, his voice even more mettalic then usual, "Better not give up easily. I like a tough fight..."

10/31/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 5/14/2011 #400
Alexander Starkiller

"What, the, hell? Really?! We were just going SHOPPING! Come on! I betyou'rejust sore becauseIkilled all your little robo-buddies! Is that it?! I bet it is," from sheer disbelief to antagonization in ten seconds, Allen realized he was getting used to all this.

"Margo, um, stay by me for now. I have no idea what the heck that thing is doing right now, but the closer you are, the better. And where's Saphira?" Allen asked as he started to gather electricity into his body, to mix with the electricity he was creating.

11/1/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 5/14/2011 #401
Addison Black

Margo tensed and reached for her sword belt.

Crap.

She left it back in the infirmary. What abbout the daggers? She flexed her feet. Those were still there. Had she been wearing a skirt she would have two at her thighs, but she was wearing jeans. Count those out. They were in her pack, along with several more of her weapons. Ninja stars. She had those hidden on her. And she always had her powers, and hand to hand combat, though hand to hand didn't seem the best choice against a... whatever that was...

11/1/2010 #402
Bleeding Perfection

The massive scorpion tail suddenly lashed out at Margo.

11/1/2010 #403
Addison Black

That... that was not good.

This thing had some sort of fettish with her... and she was standing right next to...

Allen.

She shoved him away from her and dove in the other direction as quickly as possible.

11/1/2010 #404
Alexander Starkiller

What?!

Allen hit the ground, breath knocked out of him. As he watched a scorpian tail fly past where Margo had been standing. Allen scrambled to his feet and hurried over.

11/1/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 5/14/2011 #405
Addison Black

Margo had rolled on her shoulder and was now crouched in that way vampires do before they're about to spring. But she had no intention of attacking. Not yet...

11/1/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 5/14/2011 #406
Alexander Starkiller

Allen quickly reached Margo, who was blancing on her toes, like she was a cat about to pounce on a bird. Allen crouched next to her, panting out a few words that sounded similar to him telling her off--though not angrily-- for pushing him away from the attack.

11/1/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 5/14/2011 #407
Addison Black

Her face fell slightly. "I'm sorry, Allen..." she whispered. Her eyes would have moved to his face, but she couldn't remove her gaze from the creature in front of them...

11/1/2010 #408
Alexander Starkiller

Allen had gained his breath back. "Don't apologize. I'm just worried, and this is all new to me. I've never had someone whom I'd give my whole existance if only to keep her safe. So, let me stand, and fight, by you," Allen smiled gently, despite her being turned away.

11/1/2010 #409
Addison Black

She managed a glance at him, and a small smile. "Alright..."

11/1/2010 #410
Alexander Starkiller

Allen placed one strong hand on Margo's shoulder, squeezed, and removed it, so as not to mess up any jump she'd have to make. "I love you, Margo."

11/1/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 5/14/2011 #411
Fleur-de-lis Evans

Sylvie tried to keep an embarassed blush from creeping onto her pale face, but it didn't work. There were plenty of outlet stores from where she came from. She whispered, "Thank you." She wasn't sure how to proceed from here... She felt awkward and fear began to grow in her brain. She nearly flinched when Sariah came up beside her.

'It's alright,' he said. 'The woman, Margo is healed. She is safe with Allen.' He stood by his companion's shoulder. 'I have also found some routes you would like.' This conversation was held between the two, and would not be perceived by anyone close by. However, Sariah's and his presence would easily be perceived as he had changed from black to a fine white. He was not sneaking around any longer so there was no need to camouflage into the shadows.

11/1/2010 #412
Alexander Starkiller

Chelsea blinked as the shadow, er, appeared. "Your shadow is pretty bright, Sylvie," she remarked casually.

11/1/2010 #413
Fleur-de-lis Evans

'Eeerp' The noise blared in her mind, signaling to Sylvie that there was something interfering with her thought translator. She switched it off, thinking rather than making movements with her hand. When she spoke, she felt a grating on her nerves. How different her voice was in reality than in its remembered form. "This is Sariah. He isn't really a shade, but he isn't completely physical like usual familiars."

Saraih tipped his head to the side. 'Greetings' he said. He had been interested that no one had reacted to an animal speaking as a human would, rather than by thought as it appeared. But then many humans only reacted to what they perceived, and most perceived his thought link only.

11/1/2010 #414
Alexander Starkiller

"Ah, of course, that it explains it," Chelsea said this matter-of-factly, as if she knew what she was talking about. And she did. Sariah, speaks, differently... That thought was shrugged off wuickly, however, and Chelsea bowed to the familiar, "Hello, Sariah. Pleasure to meet you. Now," turning back to Sylvie, "do you want to go to town? Or would you prefer making your own clothing?"

11/1/2010 #415
Fleur-de-lis Evans

"Make my own." she said. 'She seems friendly enough, and she's Allen's friend.' Sylvie submitted to Sariah. It would seem she had made somewhat of a good choice in trusting this woman.

11/1/2010 #416
Alexander Starkiller

A dramatic sigh escaped Chel's lips, "Well then, it looks like we have to take this up with Shelby. All the supplies here, while relatively abundant, are heavily monitored. We have to go through an approval process before getting any materials, let alone the amount you would need. Sooo... follow me back to Shelby's office, please." Chelsea lifted a hand and did a "come hither" gesture of pulling back her index finger.

11/1/2010 #417
Fleur-de-lis Evans

Sylvie found she was beginning to trust this woman, who she would be sharing a bathroom with. Perhaps people were not all like the ones she had experienced. As they passed her room, Shelby signalled to Sariah where it was. Perhaps, if she could get into the under-city she came from again, undetected, she could get her books. She had a list of music she wanted to get, and she knew how to use a lap top, so it wouldn't be that difficult.

They reached Shelby's office and Sylvie waited for Chelsea to knock.

11/2/2010 #418
Alexander Starkiller

Chelsea knocked on the door and waited for Shelby to call them in. "Sooo, how's your day so far?" Chelsea came in with a cliched aire.

11/2/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 5/14/2011 #419
Bleeding Perfection

Joe flung his tail out again at Margo, while mentally readying the second half of his spell.

11/2/2010 #420
« Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Arem H-A-Cooke, MongooseDelta
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member