Writers Inc
This is the home for wayward RPG's of any sort. Come join, create, write - Unleash the Power Inisde
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »
Bleeding Perfection

"I understand exactly what you mean, Aaron, but Scorpia troopers aren't much for anything besides durability. Three shots from a common machine gun will bring them down. That's one single burst shot. Also, everyone in my group has superpowers, while only a select few from Scorpia have powers, and even then, it's derived of pure evil. A pure heart is immune to Wicked. Also, I'm putting only the best few up against Ripper's supers, like Kallien Faeri. I know for a fact that she can take Jade. And i know that David can defeat Em. Which leaves Ripper's new arrival to worry about. I'm entierly confident that I can take her myself, especially considering that she's new to controlling Wicked. I'm hoping that you can take out Joe Green. And Allen will lead a squadron to the trooper control room. Scorpia troopers are controlled by a centra AI based on Ripper himself. Allen can easily bypass the firewalls with his electricity, and once the troopers are shut down, the AI will be destroyed. It is very difficult to make. It took him eight years to make it once, it will take him eight years to make it again. I know him. While the AI is down, he won't be able to control the troopers. He'll be reduced t scientists and his four supers. We'll be safe."

Shelby sat back in her chair, done with her monologue for now.

7/1/2010 #61
Bleeding Perfection

"Good girl," Ripper said, "I'm putting you in charge of one of the platoons. I can sense you'll lead them effectively."

7/1/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 5/13/2011 #62
Alexander Starkiller

Allen re-entered the office. "I'm sorry for eavesdropping but did you say defeat Em. Like killing her? I need to know this." Allen stared at his new leader for a few seconds before she answered.

7/1/2010 #63
Fleur-de-lis Evans

"Fine," she said. "Not to speak out of turn, but after this battle, which by the way Shelby intends to use her entire army, I need training. I can affectively block. And I don't need conventional wepaons, but I no longer have evasion. I can shield that's about it."

Well there was more she could do, but it would have to wait for battle.

7/1/2010 . Edited 5/13/2011 #64
Bleeding Perfection

"Whatever it takes to wipe them out," Ripper said, waving her off to her platoon.

7/1/2010 #65
Bleeding Perfection

Shelby looke up at Allen.

"Yes defeat, but no to the killing, unless it is absolutely neccesary. Besides, you won't need to kill anything besides the Central AI, Allen."

7/1/2010 #66
Fleur-de-lis Evans

Talia did as she was told, slinking off to her new platoon. Of yes, it would be great fun, especially if she were able to manipulate them and channel her powers through them and their weapons.

7/1/2010 . Edited 5/13/2011 #67
Alexander Starkiller

"What?! I never said I wanted to kill her! I just wanted to make sure you wouldn't. Now that I know that's how it's going to be, I'm fine. I just didn't want her to get hurt..." Allen looked down. "Excuse my interuption and once again I'll make sure I follow my orders perfectly," Allen nearly ran out of there, quite embarassing.

Great. That was stupid of me.

7/1/2010 #68
Bleeding Perfection

Shelby stopped Allen before he could run out.

"Allen, calm down. You're not going to be facing Emily. David is going up against her. I have a more important mission for you. You need to destroy the Central AI. I need you to be completely sure of what your role is. Now repeat what I told you: You are going to destroy the Central AI."

7/2/2010 #69
Addison Black

Margo stirred, and Sapphira curled tighter around her, licking her companion's cheek gently. Margo settled again without waking. Sapphira's stomach growled quietly, and the tiger whimpered slightly. They'd have to find food soon, but for now Margo must sleep. She thought about venturing out on her own to find some, but remained in place.

7/2/2010 #70
Fleur-de-lis Evans

Talia moved quickly toward the locker room. She picked the lock on one of them, a rusty looking one and nabbed the uniform lifting a needle and thread from a nearby table. She then made her way to the armory, and began work. When she was finished she had black pants and blood red shirt to size. Under the shirt was chain mail and over it a b*** plate with shining black pauldrons. She found some shining black scabbards and sheathed her short sword and shiv in them.

Then, making sure there was lighter fabric and mail near the more important areas she walked off, to lead her squadron. They might laugh at her but she would prove herself. Oh yes. And whoever faced her would find it hard to kill her. She'd practiced her years in the waste land and living in her old home before fleeing. She was ready and her blood ran for victory.

7/2/2010 #71
Alexander Starkiller

"Of course. Ah, I will destroy the central AI. Uh, sorry about earlier. That was, uh immature, I'm older than that," Allen just stood there next to the door for a second. Utterly embarassed, hand still on the doorknob.

7/2/2010 #72
Bleeding Perfection

Shelby handed a bulked-up tactical iPad to Allen.

"That tPad has maps and video footage of the interior of Scorpia Corp.," Shelby said, "I'll need you to memorize the interior concerning the best path to the Central AI. The best path may not be the most direct. I'll leave that decision up to you. You decide the best approach plan."

Shelby reached over and tapped a few touch buttons. An image of the Central AI popped up, parallel to a blueprint image.

"Also study this. You'll need to know the workings of the machine so that you can shut it down as quickly as possible. Remember, if you don't shut it down before you destroy it, it will still be able to control the Troopers. Disable it first, then destroy it. Do you understand?"

7/5/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 5/13/2011 #73
Alexander Starkiller

"Yeah, I got it." Allen touched the tPads. He sent out a charge into the hard drive selected the information that had to do with his mission. He then altered it slightly, making it "organic electricity" compatible with his brain, and brought it back. When he finished, he let go and asked, "Can I keep it? It's pretty nifty. The taser and battery life are redundant though."

7/5/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 5/13/2011 #74
Bleeding Perfection

"Everyone here has one," Shelby said, "And the taser would only be redundant to you. Others would find it very useful."

7/5/2010 #75
Alexander Starkiller

"Yeah I know," Allen said grin spreading across his face, "now I'll go read old magazines in your waiting room now that everything is settled. But first, when can I expect this assault to occur? It seems to be a surprise since it wasn't in my memo."

7/5/2010 #76
Fleur-de-lis Evans

Finding it boring to sit around and wait Talia walked through the compound and came out in a courtyard type area. She set down the device she had been holding and closed her eyes centering herself. When she opened them again, she began to go through the tactical movements she'd picked up from watching some of the do-gooders. As she did so she landed on the fountain. She leaped up spreading her arms wide and bringing them up in an arc. She kept her movement fluid and the water rose, forming into another version of her and mimicking the moves she did. She let go of it for a second and jumped kicking through the water-persons head. The water soaked into her, and when she moved her arm again twin bladed were in her hands. They were transparent like water but also deadly sharp and infused with the Wicked. They glistened as she slashed them through the air. They felt good in her hands.

She landed on the fountain again, and keeping the blades at her sides concentrated on the ground. Slim portion of it rose up, creating sharp barriers, ones that she could not only destroy with ease, but move up and down. As she worked she envisioned the city her mother had talked of, and envisioned her brother's face as he fell to the ground bleeding. She had sworn then she would hone her abilities, and here she was.

She opened her eyes, and after landing on one of the sharp rock pillars she moved her arms down pushing the earth back into what it had been before. These two methods would work beautifully against ground troops and even some electronics. Even if there were comincation devices among the enemy, she could also manipulate fire and air, as well as some electricity, although that tattoo hadn't completed it itself yet.

Once the courtyard was in order again, she accepted the blades back into her body and sat down, crossing her legs and began to meditate.

7/6/2010 . Edited 5/13/2011 #77
Bleeding Perfection

"We'll do it as soon as eecryone is ready," Shelby said, "We'll want to do it as quickly as possible. Which is your mission. The faster you shut down the Scorpia Troopers, the fewer possible casualties."

---

Joe Green walked through the Scorpia Corp. compound, until he came out in the courtyard area. A small red-haired girl was swinging water blades around in the fountain. His cybernetic eyes locked onto her and told him her name.

"Talia," Joe said, approaching the girl, "Welcome to Scorpia Corp."

7/6/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 5/13/2011 #78
MongooseDelta

Aaron nodded at Shelby's more detailed description of the operation, and then, seeing that she was fully engaged in her conversation with Allen, which didn't concern him, he took his tPad and headed off to his team's ready room.

7/6/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 5/13/2011 #79
Fleur-de-lis Evans

Talia turned her eyes landing on the cyborg. "Hello," she said a grin splitting her features. "You must be another general."

7/6/2010 #80
Bleeding Perfection

"True that," Joe said, "I heard you're the new recruit."

7/6/2010 #81
Fleur-de-lis Evans

"Yeah," she said sitting down. "I've been waiting a loong time for this." She allowed her jacket to fall onto the grass. "Hopefully Shelby's as foolish as I believe she is," she turned raising her eyebrow. "I heard she's wanting to fight me... Although, with what I've got I sure hope she can deal with it."

She sighed. "And, I've been searching for information about my mother. But that doesn't matter. How'd you come to be in this place, working for Ripper?"

7/6/2010 . Edited 7/6/2010 #82
Bleeding Perfection

"I was killed by a rouge assassin, over ten years ago," Joe said, "Dr. Tomoe repaired by body, and Ripper gave me life. Without The Wicked, I'd be dead. Same for you, not to mention Jade. Ripper had to kill you to give you your power, just like Jade and Em. Difference with Em is that she lost her powers when Shelby and Allen removed The Wicked from her. Shelby used her Kinetic powers to restart her heart, but Ripper re-possessed her. Her heart still runs, but she has her powers back. The biggest mistake she made was leaving Ripper. He don't take well to traitors. Re-possession hurts like nothing you've ever felt before, so be sure never to leave Ripper."

7/6/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 5/13/2011 #83
Fleur-de-lis Evans

Talia grinned "Difference is I already had dark force, from my mother, inside of me before he killed me. You could say my family has had dealings with two kinds of devils. Interesting though."

7/6/2010 . Edited 5/13/2011 #84
MongooseDelta

Aaron walked into the ready room where a schmorgus board of unlikely looking soldiers lounged about, occupying their time with this and that. As they noticed his entrance, several greeted him with a "howdy," "hey," or "what's up?" A few added the word "sir," or "Colonel." A couple actualy waved in what might have been considered a salute, as they sat up a little straighter.

"Hey people," Aaron replied. The tone of his voice didn't bring everyone to attention in the military fashion, but they did all stop what they were doing and look his way.

"Just came from the supreme commander. Seems we're going to war." The news was greeted with the full range of emotions, but something changed inside each of them such that they were ready to rush out on Aaron's heal and into whatever he had for them.

"Our target is one of Ripper's generals, a wicked posessed cyborg named Joe. I assume you're all right with God? Good. What I'm interested in right now is tactics."

He wirelessly connected the tPad to the projector and put the intel they had on Joe on the wall. Everyone looked at that for a moment.

"How do you stop a wicked posessed cyborg from doing whatever it is that a wicked posessed cyborg does that would otherwise endanger the commander's interests? Speaking of which, do any of you know just what it is this cyborg wants, or does? Are we dealing with a common foot soldier automoton who's got rank, or with someone who has a heart, mind, will and desires of his own? Can he be negotiated with? Persuaded? even turned? Can we manipulate him into doing something contrary to his mandate? Does he care about righteousness? Do compassion, grace, or mercy come into play with him? I understand this guy is a very real threat to the wellbeing of the refugees and of the rest of the army here, so let's show em what we're made of? Go to work."

What had, at first glance when Aaron walked in, looked like a bunch of friends at the lounge after work, suddenly turned into a team of professionals working to solve a complex problem.

7/6/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 5/13/2011 #85
Bleeding Perfection

(Mongoose, you can just watch Joe's conversation with Talia to get a reader feel as to the way he works. As for the character knowing how he works, I'll figure something out. Maybe I'll have Shelby send a video behavior log of Joe based on the spy cameras in Scorpia Corp.)

Joe looked at Talia. She wasn't much for size, but that never stopped the Wicked before. He himself was a perfect example, seeing as he was the size of a normal human, yes was easily twenty times stronger and more durable.

"Your mother may have been related to Ripper, maybe close, or maybe separated by many generations. Ripper has been around for all of time. Some believe that he was once part of the multi-deom Legion that possessed that one man in the Bible. Jesus cast Legion out of the man and into the pigs, who promptly drowned themselvs. Ripper may have been the only one to escape. He has since grown much more powerful, to the millionfold degree. He is the most powerful Wicked user ever known to existense. Even his Uncle, Satan, has far less power compared to him."

---

Shelby tapped a few buttons on her tPad and sent a video log of Joe's behavior to Aaron's tPad.

7/7/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 5/13/2011 #86
Fleur-de-lis Evans

Talia grinned. "Well, my Mom was born barely alive, and so as I've been told, my grandmother was given the necklace I wore. In trade for the live and power my grandmother made a trade. Every girl born to the family would need the necklace to survive. Except, for some reason more darkness was in me when I was born, and the markings all over my body, had em since I was born, too. But the necklace kept dark power flowing into me. If I ever have kids I hope it's only sons."

7/7/2010 #87
Bleeding Perfection

"You're a bit young to be worrying about kids, Talia," Joe said, "And that necklace isn't what's keeping you alive anymore. Your dead, or rather undead. The Wicked is all you need to survive from now on out."

7/7/2010 #88
Fleur-de-lis Evans

"Nah,' she said shaking her head. "It was a powerful ceremony. Even if I stay here for a long time, and remain in this state, if I'm ever exorcised the magic dwelling in the necklace will sustain me. That's why my appearance is and always will remain dark, even if my mind is cleared."

She smiled sadly. "I have more to my life than this place. This city is my start, Joe. Whatever I find here will aid me later. No matter where I go from here, I'll never forget Ripper and what this place allowed me to do."

She hopped off the fountain making her way back to the compound. "I better get back to my station. Nice talking to you."

7/7/2010 . Edited 5/13/2011 #89
MongooseDelta

Aaron noted the reception in his tPad of the video feed, and projected it on a smaller monitor beside the main one being used by the rest of the crew. Most of them turned to watch it long enough to get the general idea. Aaron maintained his attention on the tPad, watching the video.

He found that, although he definitely wanted to know his enemy as well as was safe, he was far more interested in how this girl could be used as an asset. She'd all but declared to the target that she wasn't sold out to Ripper. She had other loyalties, and didn't think she had the absolute need for him that he held over his other subjects' heads. She was probably wrong, but that was neither here nor there. The point was that she didn't think he had as much of a hold on her as his other subjects thought he had on them, which meant she'd be easier to turn. Or at the least, less difficult. Sure, he'd heard of the one that had been turned, exorcised and re-possessed. But Aaron had no ambitions as lofty as all that. In this kind of war an agent would often turn an asset, use them for information, and then abandon them when it proved impossible to secure their complete escape from the enemy. It was sad, probably wrong, immoral and unethical. But it was the way the game was played.

Alas, he was in no position to play anyone, on either side, in any capacity. Not until Shelby put him in that position. For now his job was to lead a team of crack special operations soldiers on something between an assassination and sabotage. Depending on whether you saw Joe as more of a person or a machine.

7/7/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 5/13/2011 #90
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Arem H-A-Cooke, MongooseDelta
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member