Writers Inc
This is the home for wayward RPG's of any sort. Come join, create, write - Unleash the Power Inisde
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 .. Last Next »
Abiz206

Drak sat down on one of the chairs, and slipped out a flask. Taking a swig, the whiskey burned at the back of his throat. God, shrapnels the worst. He glanced over at Cathleen, who must have followed them. "Oi. Sit."

7/15/2010 #121
Fleur-de-lis Evans

Pyxis regarded the elf. She ventured a question as she set out the pure alcohol, medical swabs, thread, and sterilized needle. "Was there someone in the room with you?" she asked the elf. She unfolded some old clothes and put them on over her current set, also donning a medical mask and gloves.

7/15/2010 . Edited 2/28/2011 #122
Fleur-de-lis Evans

Pyxis took a pair of medical scissors and cut away the remaining cloth around the glass. Then she began gently cleaning around the glass, swiping away blood and dirt with a swab soaked in the pure alcohol. Since this man was a Shade, what her people called Shadows, she knew that it would be easier to work in the dark, especially since that would make it easier to pull the glass out.

"Can you please turn out the light?" she asked the elf. She didn't look up from her work but did change her eyes so she could see better once darkness took over.

Cathleen nodded walking behind the shifter and turning the light out.

Pyx took the glass in her fingers swiftly pulling it out. She dropped it on the table, and the clink it made signaled to Cathleen that she could turn the light back on. Once that was done the elf returned to her former position standing by the couch.

Pyx kept focus on the wound, quickly swiping away the blood, and pressing a clean swab against the wound. Then she took the needle and medical thread sewing up the wound.

She quickly went behind him, cleaning and sewing up the area where the glass had exited.

"You should be fine," she said. "The thread will acclimate to your body and change position when you move so the wound won't reopen." She stood back admiring her handiwork. It wasn't often that she sewed up wounds, at least other people's. She regarded Drak for a long moment. She turned her back, dumping all the used materials into a waiting trash bag as she spoke, "Did the government kill your family?"

She immediately tensed, ready for any reaction. She could be totally wrong, but her empath abilities had flared greatly when she crashed through the window, so she didn't think she was too far from the mark.

7/16/2010 . Edited 2/28/2011 #123
Bleeding Perfection

Trixie's wounds suddenly glowed a bright black. (Oxy-moron, I know. Black can't be bright. Just imagine it can for this.) The wounds all over her body gradually closed, and she slowly stood to her feet. Nick's guns glowed bright purple and vanished, and he moved quickly over to Trixie.

"You sure you're okay?" Nick said, helping her stand.

"Yeah," Trixie replied, "The black blood healed me again. I'm good as new."

Nick turned back to Vela.

"Okay, let's go to your camp."

7/17/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 2/28/2011 #124
Fleur-de-lis Evans

Vela nodded. He jumped to the ground changing back into a panther. He moved silently checking every few moments to make sure they were following. He broke through the undergrowth into a clearing that was near a cave. His hide out was in the heart of the wood. The plants surrounding it still flourished and his fire was still banked. He turned back into his preferred form and sat down. He motioned for them to follow. "I usually sleep in the den at night."

7/17/2010 #125
Tjernagel

After turning on the lights again, Cathleen went and stood near the door. The closer she was to the exit, the better. For a reason she didn't even know for herself she trusted Drak, but the shifter really made her nervous. Plus the other guy wasn't here and he had been. So where was he?

"Did the government kill your family?" the shifter asked and tensed.

Cathleen stood up straighter, propping her boot on the wall behind her.

7/19/2010 #126
Fleur-de-lis Evans

Pyx glanced at the elf. "I don't know who you are, but I don't have any reason to harm you. And, yeah, the other guy was here, but he's out doing errands." She stood by the window regrading both of them. "Besides, I'm only in this city to find out answers to my past."

7/19/2010 #127
Tjernagel

So, she was superb at mind reading. Cathleen hadn't even felt her touch her mind and she for sure knew she hadn't shown any body language. It always seemed like everyone came to this town for something in their past. Cathleen glanced back at Drak still waiting for an answer.

7/19/2010 #128
Fleur-de-lis Evans

(I guess we'll just wait for Drak then... Unless we want to have a conversation around him)

7/20/2010 #129
Abiz206

(Work this time!!)

"No. Not the government. One was killed by a Cult. Or a religion. They're all the same to me. The other was consumed by himself. I don't even remember their names now. Its like shadows, sillhouttes of my past, are all that remain." Drak sighed, especially at the whole turning out the lights thing. No one understood Shadows. Not even themselves. He noticed the elf sliding closer to the door, and the tiniest hint of a smile appeared on his face. She was nervous of something. Good. Only an idiot wouldn't be scared of a Shadow and a shifter in the same room. The flask came out again, his constant companion. Thousands of tiny scratches marred its surface, no matter how much Drak polished it.

7/20/2010 #130
Fleur-de-lis Evans

"Acutally, I turned out the lights cause my eyes were hurting," Pyx said. She glanced out the window. "And I have ceased to fear most things," she shuddered. "Maybe," she said turning twoard Drak, "You're the lucky one. At least you don't remember nearly everything and have giant holes in your life. I'd rather have my life be either completely filled in or comletely blank. All I know is whoever imprisoned me did expermients and tampered with my brain."

She glanced toward the elf. "Feel free to leave or wander about. It doesn't matter much to me."

7/21/2010 #131
Tjernagel

This shifter was really starting to bother her. No not bother her, she was creeping her out. Cathleen glanced around and saw the kitchen. She didn't want to leave, but she just needed out of the room.

"Get something to drink," she mumbled and walked off to the kitchen.

7/21/2010 #132
Bleeding Perfection

Nick and Trixie sat opposite to Vela, with the firepit between them.

"I'm still having a hard time believing that we're not the only intelligent life on this world," Nick said, still a bit skeptical, "How did you get here?"

7/21/2010 #133
Abiz206

"And all I know is that they killed my family, and most likely killed me. Plus, I seemed to have angered Death, the Elves, humans, most shifters, every vampire, and even a few Munchkins." Drak luaghed, but it was humourless, and cold. "There are a few possibilities of who messed with your mind. Elves, humans, or perhaps a new Cult of some sort. There's been an upswell of hybrids lately. Anything you can imagine has crawled out from under your bed, and mated with the beast in your closet, to put it one way. I killed off a group of Elven vampires a month ago, just days after I regained consiousness."

7/21/2010 #134
Fleur-de-lis Evans

"Well, you didn't have anything to do with my life, so I have nothing against you. And I know what tortured me, the government, I just don't remember who and where. For the most part I was focusing on surviving."

Vela glanced at Nick. "We aren't the only ones left. Most people are wandering between broken cities. Not many venture into the forest. I prefer it. And me... I escaped from the cell, or you could call in "army base" the government was holding me in when things started going to s***. I haven't joined with any group yet, mainly 'cause I don't want weaklings following me around.

7/21/2010 #135
Bleeding Perfection
Nick pulled some food from his pack and gave half to Trixie. "We always figured that the cities were a figment of evil," Nick said, "No matter how long we walked toward them, they never got any closer."
7/21/2010 #136
Fleur-de-lis Evans

Vela shrugged. "I like it better away from them, honestly. And the city itself isn't evil, it's the corrupted people who live there that are evil."

7/22/2010 #137
Bleeding Perfection
"Trixie and I were born in the city near here," Nick said, "We went out of the city one time and couldn't get back in. We've been trying to get in to any city sice then, but like I said, no matter how long we go toward them, they never get any closer. We're hoping to get out of this world and to a place that has a day."
7/22/2010 #138
Fleur-de-lis Evans

"Well, I don't know how I got here. But I know that possibly, by triggering anger, I can open a portal. I don't know where it will get you, but those things can't follow. The portal itself has too pure an energy."

7/23/2010 #139
Bleeding Perfection

"It'll probably be better than here," Nick said.

"But what about you?" Trixie asked, "Will you come, too? Maybe you'll find out where you came from."

7/23/2010 #140
Fleur-de-lis Evans

"I came from an army base. Somewhere near it, I lost control of my anger and ended up here. I'm looking for someone. I can get you somewhere in my world, no guaranteeing where." He glanced around. "However, we'll need to spark my negative emotions. Maybe we can lure those things and it'll it spark it. Maybe tomorrow...'"

7/25/2010 #141
Bleeding Perfection
(Wanna skip to the next day? The night world timeline is separate from the main timeline, so skipping a day won't affect the main story...)
7/25/2010 #142
Fleur-de-lis Evans

When he woke, Vela contained the minimum stuff he had. He started a small fire and began skinning a rabbit. He hoped the roasting meat would awake the other two. He waited patiently, hoping they'd go with his plan. He didn't want to return to his world, but they seemed to need a safer place. The Nick kid was actually more like a man the way he had protected the girl. Vela banished the thoughts in his mind and focused on the plan he had thought up last night.

7/25/2010 #143
Bleeding Perfection
Trixie woke just a few seconds before Nick. She smelled rabbit. Today was the day they were going to get out of this reality. Even though it was morning, it was still dark, just as it was throughout the entire day. The two sat up and waited for the rabbit to cook.
7/26/2010 #144
Fleur-de-lis Evans

" I see you're up." Vela said. "You can have some and then perhaps we'll be out of here, to a place where sunlight shines during the day. But first I should probably tell you that in order to get me angry enough, we need to be constantly under attack. Is there anyway one of you could possibly act as a distraction to lure in those dark creatures?"

7/26/2010 #145
Bleeding Perfection
"Well i could just shoot at you," Nick said sarcastically.
7/26/2010 #146
Fleur-de-lis Evans

Vela shook his head. "Unless you can replicate yourself it isn't going to anger me enough.... and besides you haven't done anything previously to make me hate you enough. But those creatures... remind me of people I hate."

7/26/2010 #147
Bleeding Perfection
"Well," Trixie started, "My black blood attracts demons for some reason."
7/26/2010 #148
MongooseDelta

(I dearly hope Pyxis won't be able to read Aaron's mind like she was able to read Cathleen's. Or at least describe how she does it.)

Aaron began his trip back to Pyxis' apartment. A normal person might have taken ten minutes in the walk. Aaron might normally have taken 20, as he made sure no one was following him. But today he was aware Pyxis wanted him to stay away for some reason, and he had no desire to upset her, so he took 30 minutes.

Still, as he approached he could tell there was more than one person moving around inside. So he found a good place and sat down on a bus stop bench to wait them out.

7/26/2010 #149
Fleur-de-lis Evans

Vela nodded. "Perhaps we could use your blood without injuring you." He turned toward Nick, "If it's alright with you I have an apparatus that can extract blood. If I have permission from you I can extract blood from Trixie and then put a light coating on my clothes"

(Pyxis can't read minds. She can read body language and facial expressions. All of which our characters are using. She can also sense if someone is nervous just like you can sense if someone gets angry)

Pyx waited for the man to speak. She wondered when Aaron would be getting back. He'd already been gone for an hour. She turned back to the man and said, "Well you should be good to go. Unless you want to run into that other guy again.... You could always stay in one of the back rooms if you wanted to. It's up to you."

7/29/2010 #150
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Arem H-A-Cooke, MongooseDelta
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member