Writers Inc
This is the home for wayward RPG's of any sort. Come join, create, write - Unleash the Power Inisde
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 .. Last Next »
Bleeding Perfection
"As long as you can do it without hurting her," Nick agreed.
7/29/2010 #151
MongooseDelta

(That's as I suspected about the mind reading, though, as I recall, she has read people's minds in the past. What I'm concerned about was HOW perceptive she seemed to be. I watch the show Lie To Me, and I assume Pyxis can read people much the same way that those in the Lightman group do. But even they don't know WHY someone feels guilty, or WHAT they're afraid of. They can make guesses, but they are wrong sometimes. I would just ask that Pyxis not reply to what I say that my PC is thinking, but only to what I say that my PC says or does. So, if I say that he's nervous, Pyxsis doesn't know that he's nervous unless she either reads his mind or I state that he displays his nervousness in some way. My SOP is that my PCs are stoic all of the time, and no one can read anything from their facial expression, body language, etc. that's the way they've been trained.)

Aaron was getting very bored. He'd been bored from about ten minutes into the shopping trip. But after 2000+ years of life, with all the slow pace of things back in the day, and all the waiting he'd had to do as a hunter, this was nothing. He occupied his mind by playing out tactical scenarios involving Pyxsis, Drak, Cathleen, and the elves. He appeared to be engrossed in the newspaper article he was reading on the statement by the assembly member regarding the removal of a particular staircase frequented by vagrants in another part of town.

From where he sat, he had a view via a reflection in a store front of the front of the building occupied by Pyxsis, but he would not be quickly visible to people exiting the building unless they looked at the same reflection and saw him there.

7/29/2010 #152
Tjernagel

(Who are we waiting on to keep moving? Abiz?)

Cathleen got a cup out of the shifters kitchen and filled it with her favorite drink, milk. She sat down against a wall making sure Drak and the shifter couldn't see her. She closed her eyes and concentrated, searching for Apollo. Finally, his her mind brushed against his. With no hesitation he opened up to her. She made sure to just show him her thoughts and not her surroundings.

Where the hell have you been?

I'm with a shadow. He had a wife who was an elf who was killed by the Cult. Do you know who she possibly could be?

No. We kill every day and not just humans. It would be impossible to know exactly who she is without more info. Find out her name.

'Kay.

You and your damn curiosity. One day its going to get you killed.

She smiled. See ya. She cut off the mental connection and drained the rest of the glass. She grabbed a knife out of the wood block that sat on the counter and slid the blade in between her boot and sock. She placed the glass in the sink and walked back into the other room. She avoided eye contact with the shifter. It was time for her to get her own answers.

7/29/2010 #153
Fleur-de-lis Evans

Pyxis raised her eyebrow. But she shrugged, deeming it necessary to say one more thing. "By the way, if you plan on doing anything... I don't know like what ya'll been pulling today can you leave my apartment. I'm here for one reason, and that does not involve getting caught in petty arguments."

She glanced at the elf wondering why she was so shifty and nervous. Perhaps it had something to do with what she'd been through, or the strange man... Yes, that is what she'd been wondering...

"Was there someone else in the room with you when you were in the warehouse?"

7/30/2010 #154
Bleeding Perfection
(Fleur, my post is at the bottom of the previous page.)
7/30/2010 #155
Fleur-de-lis Evans

Vela nodded. He took out a rather thin apparatus. He drew out some of her blood. However, before he could do anything else, a drop hit the open air. He slapped a bandaid over her arm, and turned to meet the sudden onslaught of creatures. They came so fast he felt overwhelmed. His head began to pound and suddenly there was a flash that took over the surrounding area. When it calmed there was a pounding in his ears and he felt dizzy. He could also smell the scent of pine needles.

7/30/2010 #156
MongooseDelta

Aaron continued watching and pretending to read and expertly masking his boredom.

7/30/2010 #157
Bleeding Perfection
Nick and Trixie were suddenly sucked into the bright flash. The dark world around them disintegrated, quickly being replaced by a new setting. Walls rose all around them, and there was a table in the center of the room. It appeared they were in some sort of warehouse. It looked like something had happened here, but what exactly that was, was unclear. One thing was for sure though. It was bright outside. They were in a world with sunlight. (The warehouse I'm referring to was the one you guys mentioned in the beginning of the story. If any of you have any ideas of how to incorporate Nick and Trixie into the main story, they'll be in or around the warehouse.)
7/30/2010 #158
Fleur-de-lis Evans

(Will refrain from posting till Drak says something .. or the elf speaks again)

8/2/2010 #159
Abiz206

(Was the question about another person directed to Drak?)

8/2/2010 #160
Fleur-de-lis Evans

(No that was to the Elf... but the Elf is also holding a knife which I believe she wants to use on drak)

8/2/2010 #161
Tjernagel

(LOL)

Cathleen smiled. "Just who you saw." She walked over to Drak and sat by him. "Now I've got a question. This elf you were married to, who was she exactly?"

8/2/2010 #162
Fleur-de-lis Evans

Pyxis shook her head. "If you two are staying here, kindly relocate to a room a floor below. This suite spans two floors."

She left the room, making a swift jog to the kitchen. Her eyes snapped to the knife block. There was one missing. She growled under her breath. Geez, these elves and shades and any number or non shapeshifters were causing her so many problems. She decided to ignore the fact the knife was probably on the Elf's person. Instead, she took the tea kettle from it's place on the drying rack and filled it with water. When it was near to whistling she added in several types of leaves and waited.

The smell of chamomile and lavender hit her nose. She took two cups down, setting one out for Aaron, who she expected to walk through the door at any moment.

8/2/2010 #163
MongooseDelta

Which wasn't going to happen until whomever it was up there in the apartment with her left. He wasn't going to try to step on her toes by snooping to find out whom all she was hanging out with. That was her business, until it became his. So Aaron sat, expertly masking his boredom.

8/2/2010 #164
Fleur-de-lis Evans

(come back to the apartment.... it will be easier. the RP won't go anywhere since T and Arem are barely on)

8/2/2010 #165
MongooseDelta

Things appeared to have settled down somewhat upstairs. No one had exited the building yet, as far as Aaron could tell, which might lead to an uncomfortable confrontation. Never-the-less, the food might spoil if he kept it out here too long. He hefted the bags, trudged across the street and up the block, then back across the street, and back down the block. No one appeared to be following him. Finally, he circled the building and set his bags down outside the service entrance. Jimmied the lock. Entered the building and ascended via the back ways to the apartment.

There were a lot of ways he could proceed, assuming an unknown . . . person might be in the apartment. It probably wouldn't be safe to surprise them, given that his arms were full of groceries and other supplies. Not that they would prevent him from acting. Far from it. But given a choice, you didn't back a cat into a corner, and you didn't surprise a mother bear.

Aaron chose to tap against the door with his foot. "Hello? Aaron here. Anybody home? Arms full."

8/2/2010 #166
Abiz206

Drak looked at Cathleen, ignoring the knocking. "I don't know. Its like a gray spot on my mind. I can remember what I did with her, how she was kidnapped, but not a face. Not a name." He looked towards the door. "Appears there is a guest. Shall I get it?"

8/2/2010 #167
MongooseDelta

Drak's voice. Just as he'd feared. Aaron quietly set down the groceries and moved off a little. The door would open inward, so there would be no where to hide. Except the elevator or the stairwell. He opened the door into the stairwell and stepped in, not allowing it to shut all the way behind him, and waited.

8/2/2010 #168
Bleeding Perfection
Trixie stood. "I'm gonna go look around," she said, "Find out what this world is like." She went outside, using the nearest door. The day... It was so bright. Beautiful. And it seemed that there was an abundance of intelligent life on this world. Their clothes looked so plain, though, compared to her black trench coat and plaid skirt. Good thing she didn't have her scythe summoned. These people probably wouldn't react well to that... Nick soon exited the warehouse. His eyes seemed to glow in the sunlight. Maybe it was time they explored. This world didn't seem very dangerous. ... The two siblings made their way around the city, checking out random shops and stalls, like the ones for books or hot dogs. Luckily, the money used here and in the night world were the same, so they were able to get a good meal. The only thing left for them to take care of was finding a place to live...
8/3/2010 #169
Tjernagel

Cathleen felt a little disappointed at that answer. Drak had to be lying, right? How could someone possibly forget about their wife? This didn't make since, but with someone at the door she would have to question more later. Aaron? She had been right, he had been here. She glanced at the shifter, placing her hands on the sofa ready to push herself off.

8/3/2010 #170
Bleeding Perfection
(Hey, Fleur, are Vela and Pyxis related in any way? Not family related, mind you, just in a vague term. Like do they at least know each other?)
8/3/2010 #171
Abiz206

Two blades slid out from under Drak's sleeves, shining like glass. His face seemed to light on fire, like burning paper, folding into itself. Whisps of black smoke curled around him, as the slow fire cuaght the rest of his body, and he vanished. The smoke dirfted to the corner of the room, taking the form of a dark sillhouette. A whispy hand raised a single finger to its lips at Cathleen, urging silence.

8/3/2010 #172
Fleur-de-lis Evans

Pyxis sashaed to the door, pulling it open. She growled in frustration when Aaron wasn't standing there, but never the less used her shifting. She picked up most of the bags, carrying them to the kitchen and shyfting back to two arms. She began putting things away, silently hoping blood shed wouldn't occur in her house. Or what had been her father's first abode.

(Actually, Bleeding, long story short: Vela and Pyxis are twins. His mother put Vela up for adoption, he got adopted by a government family, knew he had a sister. She doesn't know who his is. Basically Vela is one of the blanks in Pyxis' life. But he's been there, unkonwingly hurting her...)

8/3/2010 #173
Tjernagel

Cathleen's eyes widened as she watched Drak transform. This was mad! She shifted her eyes to watch the shifter as she picked up the bags. She moved her hand to rest on her knee closer to the knife hiding in her boot. This was a trap. She could feel it. She kept her eyes on the doorway waiting for a fight.

8/4/2010 #174
Fleur-de-lis Evans

(Tiernagel: You and Drak are in a separate room. Pyx was in the kitchen so I don't know how the front door is anywhere near the back of the apartment....)

8/4/2010 #175
MongooseDelta

Aaron remained hidden for a moment just inside the stairwell. Nothing had happened, at least not of interest, in the last ten seconds, but he couldn't count on that to last. Which meant he'd either have to move before Drak or Cathleen came looking here for him, or prepare himself for another battle. And this time there would be no lives to save but his own. Maybe he could defeat Drak again, but maybe not. And where did Pyxis' loyalties really lie? Her distraction of Drak had made Aaron's job far easier in the warehouse, but could he count on her? He didn't feel inclined to put his life on the line for that wager. Which meant he'd have to move soon.

8/4/2010 #176
Fleur-de-lis Evans

Pyx finished with the groceries. She shook her head. She'd only helped the Shade because it'd been her fault. She wasn't really on his or Aaron's side. She was neutral in whatever they were entangled in.

8/6/2010 #177
MongooseDelta

Pyxis' neutrality was nice for Mongoose Delta to know and consider, but it had absolutely no affect on Aaron, who was still in the stairwell, just as clueless as to Pyxis' thoughts, emotions, or inclinations as he'd always been. The same could be said, presumably, of Abiz and Drak, unless, of course, Drak could pierce the fourth wall. So it was that Mongoose Delta enjoyed reading the little expositions of Fleur's characters, and hoped for the plot to continue, IC, as soon and as quickly as possible. And to think! Mongoose Delta used to enjoy writing pages on end of exposition of the psychology of HIS PCs. *shakes head at his own foolishness*

;-)=

Mwuahahahahahahahahah!

8/6/2010 #178
Fleur-de-lis Evans

Cathleen stood with the knife grasped in her hand. "You're lying," she said to Drak. Her eyes narrowed. "Did you miss the word wife? You don't just forget about someone with that title."

Pyxis closed her eyes. For goodness sake, people were so wrapped up in themselves, okay her included, but for the current time she was going to try to prevent a battle. She walked to the front door, leaning against the wall. "Please put your weapon down," she said. "I only helped it since it was my fault the glass was sticking out of him and I didn't want to kill anyone."

8/7/2010 #179
MongooseDelta

Aaron was just able to hear what was being said from his place in the stairwell. Looked like a lot of huffing and puffing were going to go down, some of it involving Drak and Cathleen, but no one was trying to kill anyone just yet. So he remained and listened.

8/7/2010 #180
« Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Arem H-A-Cooke, MongooseDelta
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member