Writers Inc
This is the home for wayward RPG's of any sort. Come join, create, write - Unleash the Power Inisde
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »
MongooseDelta

"Aaand?" Aaron gestured for her to continue.

6/24/2010 #31
Addison Black

"Has no idea where we are and demands and explanation and direcitons... he's worried."

6/25/2010 #32
MongooseDelta

Aaron nodded and stood, then, with effort, climbed to the top of the rock and stood as tall as he could to look around.

"God," He prayed quietly. "Please help us. Show us the way. Where should we go?"

That's when he got an idea beyond crazy, and almost right away questioned its validity. It came, after all, from pagan beliefs, didn't it? But it wouldn't hurt anything to try it.

He slid down the rock and took Addison's hand. "C'mon. I think we have to walk around this rock."

6/25/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 2/24/2011 #33
Addison Black

Addison looked at him as if he were a bit off....

"What?"

She shook her head after a second and stood up, following after him...

6/25/2010 #34
MongooseDelta

Aaron walked a sunwise circle around the rock, muttering a quiet prayer in ancient Gaelic; one of the first one's he'd learned from the missionaries on whom he'd fed, before coming to belief in Christ. Three quarters of the way around he found the crack with his finger tips, but kept going.

On the third time around there was a shaking, and the side of the rock fell inward revealing a dark hole.

Aaron raised an eyebrow. "Well then. In we go!"

He attempted to pull Addison into the interior of the rock.

6/25/2010 #35
Addison Black

Addison shrieked in surprise, and paritlaly in excitement, as he grabbed her and jerked her into the rock.....

6/25/2010 #36
MongooseDelta

Aaron had forgotten how traumatic it was to travel this way via the netherworld. It had been . . . how many centuries? He'd only passed once, and it had not been fun. Everything went pitch black. There was no seeing anything, yet they just knew the ground had dropped off to either side as they walked along what felt like a sword blade. The whipped and shoved against them, threatening to throw them off of their narrow footing, yet they pressed on.

Everything in Aaron screamed for him to go back, somehow, even though that would be just as dangerous as continuing on, especially with Addison right behind him. He swallowed his fear and forced his foot forward along the blade, taking another step. And then he was solid ground again, right where they'd started, as though nothing had happened.

Aaron waited a moment to regain his breath and for his heart rate to calm back down, and looked around for Addison. There was a little light coming into the barrow they were in, and his eyes were beginning to adjust.

"Addison? Are you all right?"

6/25/2010 #37
Addison Black

"I have no idea." she said, motionless and clueless...

6/25/2010 #38
MongooseDelta

"You're fine. That was normal. Let's go." Aaron took a step forward, toward the sliver of light, and pushed until he found some rock that gave before his pressure. The doorway slowly grated open, and he stepped out into the light, shielding his eyes. The sky was heavily overcast, but it was still far brighter than it had been. They were back in Northern Scotland. He recognized the back of the pub, ahead.

"Well," he said, "Fancy that! We've been brought back near where we began. The estate is just that way," he pointed north, "And this is the nearest gathering place for people outside the estate, this pub ahead. Unless I miss my guess, someone is trying to bring you and your brother together. Don't look at me; I'm just following orders. Shall we?"

He began walking down the hill toward the pub.

6/25/2010 #39
Bleeding Perfection

The Dragon-guy ducked the shotgun slug, then blocked punches from his attackers.

When the man who had yelled "STOP" came forward to attack him, obviously with much more skill than the others, the dragon-man simply wrenched the attacker's hand away from him, striking for the throat.

6/26/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 2/24/2011 #40
Addison Black

Addison followed him quickly, glancing from left to right curiously...

6/26/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 2/24/2011 #41
Abiz206

Scott stood up, tiny black flames the size of a lighter's popping out of his hand. He had just felt the want to get involved in this fight now, even though he'd probably get killed. What a shame. He rose his fists up like a boxers, and waited for any kind of an attack.

6/26/2010 #42
MongooseDelta

All the bar patrons looked around for a moment as something happened, but then, unable to determine what it was, who had done it, where they were, or if anything was amiss at the moment, they all went back to what they had been doing.

Gilchrist walked up to the man who was trying, and failing, to make a big ruckus. No one else was aware of his existence, but only Gilchrist, who could see through such illusions.

"Hey." He said, while standing at a safe distance. "What are you about?"

6/27/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 2/24/2011 #43
Addison Black

Addison followed after him. "There's someting interesting going on down there, judging by my brother's feelings..." she whispered, feeling her brother's adrenaline suddenly feel as though it spiked.

She jerked her head. Scott was there too...

6/27/2010 #44
MongooseDelta

"I figured there was a reason we came here. Let's wait a bit. If that something is dangerous, I know I'm not fit to deal with it yet." As good as his word, Aaron found a little rise in the ground off to the side of the path they were on, and lay down behind it to watch.

6/28/2010 #45
Addison Black

Addison knelt beside him. "I can't quite tell yet... I could try, but it hurts...."

6/28/2010 #46
MongooseDelta

"What would you try to do?" Was she talking about using some kind of extrasensory perception? He tried to anticipate, but came up empty. Aaron looked at her, curious.

6/28/2010 #47
Addison Black

"Well, its just like minreading. I could sweep through their minds and look through my brothers eyes... but if I collapse unconscious don't be surprised..."

6/28/2010 #48
MongooseDelta

"No need," Aaron argued. "We can just as well wait here. Your brother can take care of himself, yes? And God can take care of us. Save your strength for when it's really needed. Once things have settled down we'll go see what the fallout looks like."

6/28/2010 #49
Addison Black

Addison couldn't keep herself from smiling. "As you wish." Conner. Don't lie to me, I can feel something wrong in there. We are near, but you must help the others. Tell Scott where we are, and then help themsolve whatever problem it is you've been confronted with...

6/28/2010 #50
Bleeding Perfection

The Dragon-man tilted his head and sneered insanely, almost laughing.

"What am I about?" he said in a heavily psychotic voice, "Why, didn't you hear me yell, 'Where's Aaron?' I want to know where Aaron is, bud. Do you know where he is?"

His void yellow eyes glowed intensely as he looked at Gilchrist.

6/28/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 2/24/2011 #51
MongooseDelta

"Sorry. No," Said Gilchrist. "Like I've told others, I haven't seen him in at least a day. And where he was then, you can not go. But I get the feeling he's moved on, I know not whereto. So you'll have to continue your search elsewhere, give it up, or continue flailing at illusions in your efforts to find him, or whatever it is you're truly doing."

Gilchrist continued standing out of range, looking grim with arms folded and staff in one of them.

6/28/2010 #52
Bleeding Perfection

"He-he!" He replied, "You think I don't know you made all this stuff up?"

He gestured to the calm bar patrons around him.

"You're good at showing me, but not at keeping me from knowing."

The Dragon-guy used his wings to propel a jump toward Gilchrist, pulling back a fist to punch him.

6/28/2010 #53
MongooseDelta

Gilchrist watched the dragon boy coming toward him. At the last moment he knelt behind his staff, planting one end of it on the floor, held in place by one foot, while he held the other end up so as to jab into his attacker's belly and send him flying over Gilchrist's head.

He really didn't care what the dragon boy knew or saw or not. He just wouldn't let him hurt anyone else. Taking him out of phase, or taking the rest of them out of phase, or however he wanted to term it seemed to be helping.

6/28/2010 #54
Bleeding Perfection

Dragon-guy brought his attacking hand down to block the staff, and used it as a midair pivot, hand-standing on the end of the staff. He bent his body and brought a kick down toward Gilchrist's temple.

6/28/2010 #55
MongooseDelta

Gilchrist pivoted around the staff, letting it go, and letting the kick miss him.

"Thought you wanted Aaron, sonny." he said. "Chasing me around isn't going to help you."

6/28/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 2/24/2011 #56
Addison Black

Conner replied instantly in her mind. I don't know what's going on, but I don't care. I'm coming to find you.

No, you're not.

Yes I-

Conner, don't argue with me. I have several reasons. 1. because arguing in this situation isn't the smartest idea. 2. you're younger than me and I have more experience than you in arguing. 3. I'm a girl.

Ok, I'll buy the third.

Addison chortled. Now, see if you can tell what's going on...

No use...

Well, tell me when you do...

6/28/2010 #57
Bleeding Perfection

He landed lightly on his feet, wings outspread to slow the impact even more. He landed as if he was floating in the air to begin with, and the ground beneath his feet barely made a sound.

"Then get outta my way, and I'll leave you be," he said, "I'd advise as such if you don't wanna end up dead."

6/28/2010 #58
Addison Black

Conner jerked. Aaron...

Didn't you say you were with Aaron?

Yes, why?

Well get out of here...

What?! Why? What happened to I'm coming no matter what??

Trust me, Addison....

What's wrong with you??

there's a man here, and he's after Aaron...

6/28/2010 #59
MongooseDelta

Gilchrist chuckled in genuine humor. "Worse than you have made such proclamations. But the door's right there, and there's the back door through there, and if that's not good enough for you, there's windows there and there. Ye're free t' go whene're ye wish, laddie."

---------------------

Aaron looked quizzically at Addison, as she appeared agitated about something. But maybe she was doing that telepathy thing, so he kept his mouth shut.

6/28/2010 #60
« Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Arem H-A-Cooke, MongooseDelta
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member