Writers Inc
This is the home for wayward RPG's of any sort. Come join, create, write - Unleash the Power Inisde
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »
Addison Black

Addison saw the look in Aaron's eyes. "Aaron, someone here to see you... " she muttered, a bit confused by her brother's sudden change of attitude. "And I have a feeling in your condition one of us wont be leaveing if we end up meeting him..."

6/28/2010 #61
MongooseDelta

Aaron nodded. "I did make enemies in my un-life. I suppose this was inevitable. But I'm not without recourse. I'll need you to lie very still."

With that he began to pray the breastplate of St. Patrick in ancient gaelic, including the line, "Christ defend me from those who would oppose my body and soul, be they alone or in multitude, be they near or far."

Although nothing seemed to change, to Aaron or Addison, anyone passing would see, smell, hear and otherwise perceive them as two tussocks of peat among many.

6/28/2010 #62
Addison Black

Nice, she said to him mentally, waiting for her brother's response. Conner himself was waiting to see what the dragon-figure was going to do...

6/28/2010 #63
Bleeding Perfection

"Enjoy your dinner," The Dragon-guy said, leaving through the front door.

He turned toward the last known location of Aaron. He had only stopped at the pub to find out if that information was legit. It apparently wasn't known information, seeing as nobody there knew about it.

6/28/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 2/24/2011 #64
Addison Black

He's gone.

You sure?

Honey, I was staring right at him...

She smirked at her old nickname.

Ok, Aaron. This is either really good, or really bad. Conner says he's gone, wihch means he's looking for you... but he didn't seem like he knew where he was going. So.... do I alert my brother and our friends of where we are now, or do you wish to remain laying here like two shrubs. She thought to him, the last part a bit jokingly...

6/28/2010 #65
MongooseDelta

There is only the one road leading north from the pub, and it passes through a four foot stone wall with a stout steel gate and guard booth at the point where the road passes through the wall. On either side of the wall are thorn bushes and a moat, making the effective height of the wall closer to 8 feet, and it's difficult to reach the wall to climb it.

Also near the gate is a tall round tower.

The estate is huge, a small kingdom unto itself. Incidentally, if it came down to a question of royal succession to the Brittish throne, the owner of the estate would be close to the top of the list. If he ran for prime minister he'd probably stand a good chance of getting the position. So far, though, he's been content with his kingdom, and continues to remain subject to the Queen.

The estate is surrounded by a mystical force field that keeps out anything with ill intent, and anything that's neither human nor of the "normal" animal varieties, unless, as was the case with Antonious, Gilchrist or one of his deputies makes a hole through the force field through which an individual or group could pass.

6/29/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 2/24/2011 #66
Bleeding Perfection

The Dragon-man turned dragon and headed up the path to the estate. That was the last place Aaron had been seen, so that's where his search would resume. He returned to human form and landed in a tree near the entrance and waited for Aaron to show. Or anyone else, for that matter. The thick branches and leaves would sheild him from view, so he had nothing to worry about concerning being seen.

6/29/2010 . Edited 6/29/2010 #67
Addison Black

Conner sighed He's gone.

Addison nodded. Aaron, Conner says he's gone.

Conner, if that man reaches us, we wont have much of a chance.

Conner looked over at the others, his eyes searching for Scott, but speaking to them all. "Addison told me to relay to you that they might need some help. They are nearby, as we speak..."

6/30/2010 #68
MongooseDelta

The guard in the guard shack continued his scanning of the road. It was a good thing he only had a two hour shift at a time, because this was deathly boring.

6/30/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 2/24/2011 #69
MongooseDelta

Gilchrist returned, dropping the illusion with a sigh. "Takes a wee bit o concentration, that do. Ah, what was that again?"

His short term memory than brought up what Conner had just said, and he decided to forestall the mad rush to go out and search for them.

"I wouldn'a go runnin after faeries if I were yern. Like to pass them in the heather. Ney. Best remain and let them come the rest o the way to us. 'tis only this one waterin hole fer several kilometers. If they're near already, where else would they go?"

----------------------

"Well then," Aaron said, "I suggest we go on in. I imagine it'll be good to see them again." There was a little doubt in his voice. It had been a while since he'd seen any of them, unless Gilchrist were there, and he wasn't sure how they'd respond.

Never the less, Aaron rose slowly and waited for Addison to prepare before they headed down the hill to the pub.

6/30/2010 #70
Addison Black

Addison was at his side immediately, ready if he needed any support. Ha! To see her brother? She could carry him if he needed it... "Then let us go."

6/30/2010 #71
MongooseDelta

It wasn't long before Aaron and Addison shuffled in the door of the pub, obviously together. Aaron blinked quickly, un-used to seeing in the dim light without preternatural night vision, and hoping to help his vision to adjust more quickly. He let Addison move ahead, assuming she was better off than him, especially with her psychic capabilities, while he moved to the side of the door and hung back.

7/1/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 2/24/2011 #72
Addison Black

Addison glanced back at him before rushing in. Conner was on his feet immediately, and wrapped his arms around her. She did the same, and they hugged gently. "Addison, I'm so sorry..."

"Ssh.." she whispered, comforting her younger, yet larger brother.

She looked up. "Gilchrist," she smiled, then she froze, her smile broadening a bit. "Scott..."

7/1/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 2/24/2011 #73
Addison Black

Abiz

Scott moved forward and grabbed her hand, pulling her a ways from the others before turning her to face him. "Addison..." He wrapped her in a gentle hug. "What happened? Are you ok??"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

She hugged him back. "I'm fine. One of Hatter's creations took me. I about didn't make it," she whispered. "I guess the thought of you kept me going..."

7/1/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 2/24/2011 #74
MongooseDelta

Aaron hung back, arms folded, sitting in a chair against the wall, and smiling at the happy reunion. After a moment Gilchrist came up to him.

"How're ye doing, laddie?" he asked.

"Who're you calling laddie, young man?" Aaron retorted.

Gilchrist scoffed. "I suppose you have a point. But seriously, you can't have walked all this way in your condition."

"Oh, we had help. I think God's been taking a very active . . . physical role in these affairs lately. Say, I understand y'all had some trouble here? Someone looking for me?"

"Dragon boy." Gilchrist's face darkened a couple of shades as he nodded. "Came in here beating up the patrons, demanding to know where you were. O'course we couldn'a help im. I sent im on is way."

"Ah." Aaron fell silent, content to rest and see what would happen next.

7/2/2010 #75
Addison Black

Addison grabbed Scott's hand and pulled him gently with her over to sit with Aaron. "You doing ok?" she asked with a hint of a smile, despite her current condition...

7/2/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 2/24/2011 #76
Fleur-de-lis Evans

Names: Cassie and Vincent

_________

Name: Vella

There was shout from outside. A high pitched scream.

Vincent, who was tying their horse up at the side of the pub turned, and what he saw enraged him. Cassandra, his beautiful Cassie, was being held by the arm by a large man. There was no way Vincent could fight him, or the two large men who were approaching the group. They were across the way, and he couldn't run fast enough. He cursed as a thought bounced around in his head, which made him even angrier Damn it damn it damn it! i can't do anything to get them away from her. I could bleed one out but that's not good!'

Cassie tried to twist her arm out of the man's grasp. His other hand was getting dangerously close to her chest. She knew she could not, under any circumstances, use her levitation abilities on anything around her. Vince had warned her never to use her abilities until she knew the lay of the land. And she did not know if she'd be persecuted for being a 'witch', despite being a vampire with Seerer abilities.

Her mind quavered and suddenly her situation was projected out to whoever could perceive it.She watched in dismay as Vince ran to a door and disappeared.

______

Growling, Vincent wrenched open the door in front of him. He ran down the hall, and kicked the door open. He landed on the floor of the pub, admits what may have been a happy reunion. He snapped his mouth shut, as soon as he felt his fangs elongate. He was hungry, but it would not do to eat anyone who could help him. However, he didn't close his mouth fast enough and a tip of his fang glinted in the dim light.

7/2/2010 . Edited 2/24/2011 #77
Addison Black

Addison growled slightly, her fangs unconsciously growing. "Vampire."

--------------------

Scott pulled her behind him a bit as he frowned, but kept his mouth shut.

7/2/2010 #78
Fleur-de-lis Evans

I got off on the wrong foot Vincent transmitted hoping one of the adults would catch his apology. Then he spoke out loud, "I don't want your blood," he said. "It seems you two are linked, you know how that is, can't live without the person, can only think about them, well try having that since birth with someone. Point is, there's some huge blokes ruffing up my girl, and seeing as I'm only a teen, and didn't want to make the wrong impression by bleeding out one of the blokes, I came in here for some help."

As if to excenutate his statement another high pitch scream shattered the air.

7/2/2010 #79
MongooseDelta

"I'm doing . . ." Aaron was interrupted by the entrance of the youngster. Young when he was turned, at least. Young in existence years? Aaron could no longer tell as he used to be able to. But he could still feel the presence of a vampire. He was about to encourage it to calm down lest it yield to it's blood lust, but Addison beat him to it. Then it made its excuses.

"Careful what you say and to whom you say it," Aaron admonished, from behind and to the side of the vampire. "There be those as would take non too kindly. But you've come upon a helpful bunch. 'fraid I won't be a part today, but I'm sure Scott, if I heard right, and the monk here would be willing enough."

The monk looked to Gilchrist, who nodded, and headed for the door, checking on Scott's location and disposition. As strong as he was, having worked the farm all these years, he didn't want to take on a gang of big guys all by himself.

7/2/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 2/24/2011 #80
Addison Black

Scott had stood with Addison, and turned to her. "Stay here, I'll be back," he whispered into her ear. Then he turned and followed to other.

Addison sat back down next to Aaron, a bit wide-eyed...

7/2/2010 #81
Fleur-de-lis Evans

"My apologies," Vincent said. "I overreacted but she is my one true love, as we've been together since birth, whehter by coincedence or fate. I meant no harm to anyone here, nor do I feed on honorable folk. I haven't fed in over a month, and I don't intend to feed on anyone here. Thank you for your assistance."

7/3/2010 #82
MongooseDelta

"Thanks for the exposition," Aaron said.

"For my part, I know blood lust, and it's essential that you stay calm."

He gestured for Scott and the monk to head out. If they so chose.

"Now, what I need to know are two things: First, how do we know that you're the innocents here, in need of rescue and not fugitives from justice who're finally being brought in, and two, just how old are you, that you have a 'true love?' Again, I've been one of you, so you needn't explain the dynamics. Just answer the questions. I assure you, we'll be more helpful if we have more information. Unless, of course, you lie."

7/3/2010 #83
Addison Black

Scott nodded to Aaron and followed the other man out the door.

---------------------------------------

Addison looked up at the vampire. "And we have ways of making you talk..." she growled, a bit jokingly, but the seriousness was there...

7/3/2010 #84
Fleur-de-lis Evans

Vincent felt his heart constrict. Their story wasn't exactly the most believable. But he started to explain it in simple terms anyway. "Okay, first of all, I am leaving my mind open," he turned to the woman who had growled at him. "You have my permission to read my mind as I speak. That way you can be sure that I am not lying." He paused again, calming his nerves so he didn't go on the defensive again.

"It sounds crazy, but Cassie and I are only 13. I've been a vampire since I as 3, Cassie since she was nearly a newborn, she's only half, the change not taking too well with her. She is my one true love, this I know, because despite my father and her mother being in different units, on different bases when we were born, they have been assigned to the same field of combat and same native soil base since we were four. Cassie and I have been trained in martial arts, use of guns, as well as survival skills."

He once again had to take a few deep breaths to continue. "She and I just fled the village we had been staying at." He seemed afraid at first, to mention this fact, and he was because it hadn't got them very far, "when Cassie was 8, she was stabbed with a stake and religious zealots tried to burn her at the stake for being a witch. See, not only is she half-vampire/half-human, but she has visions. Complete and total, in fact, the reason we came this way at all was because she saw this very pub as a safe haven. I was just tying up or horse on the other side of the rode when I looked over, and saw a man grab her. She can use her powers of levitation to fight but she's too frightened. Since that attempt at burning her at 8 she's been cast out and attempted exorcisms have taken a tole on her."

He stopped there, waiting for a response. He added quickly, "I don't mean to be rude, but if they do help her and try to get her in here she'll freak out. We've literally been together for our whole lives. And she can have some pretty bad explosions of power, not because she wants to hurt anyone, she can't even live with feeding on animals or impure humans, but because she gets frightened or wants to protect someone."

7/3/2010 . Edited 2/24/2011 #85
Addison Black

Addison nodded to Aaron. "He speaks the truth."

She suddenly closed her eyes with another of the gripping pains in her chest.... but it wasn't in just her chest this time. It felt as if she was being torn limb from limb...

Drawing in a breathe throguh her teeth, which she'd ground together to try and keep quiet, she did her best to stand and made her way to the back of the pub, where she found the nearest wall and slid ot the ground with her back agaianst it, closing her eyes again.

7/5/2010 #86
Fleur-de-lis Evans

Vincent raised his eyebrow. "Is she newly changed?" He didn't wait for an answer, but instead turned and walked toward the door.

Cassie struggled against the men. They were all learing at her and she couldn't get free. No matter what she did. Vince told her never to use her levitation abilities or to mind link with him around strangers. One man reached toward her and began running his hands up and down her sides. The one holding her grinned. He leaned in cutting off her scream with his lips.

Cassie's heart began to pound. Maybe it'd be better if she had been burned. Whatever this was it was scarier than religious zealots. At least in the town Vince had been there with her.

7/5/2010 #87
MongooseDelta

"Excuse me, sirs," said the monk. "We just got done fending off a bunch of werewolves . . . I know it sounds preposterous, but you can see our wounds. Oh yeah, YOU CAN'T, because we escaped unscathed, and we'll do so again if you choose to make one more move against the young lady. Let her go."

He lifted his staff until it was in plain view, as it had hidden behind his robe until that moment. He twirled it once for effect -- Gilchrist had instructed him never to delay an attack that he meant to carry out, but he was hoping he wouldn't have to touch these scoundrels -- and glared at them, fervently praying that God would set them against each other even as he had done with the enemies of Gideon.

He was aware of Scott there with him, but had only fought alongside the man once, and that was against werewolves, so he had no idea how he would respond to this threat.

----------------

"So you're innocent victims in this," Aaron said, nodding his head.

"Very well. We'll help you and your sister. I appreciate that she doesn't want to feed on mortal humans, but the not feeding on animals piece, I don't get. What DOES she eat? Oh, and Addison there will be fine as long as she maintains control. Of course, I'm not sure how it'll work with her, so be ready to run. Or whatever you do when faced with something much more powerful than you, that you don't wish to kill. And I'm sure Gilchrist has something up his sleeve as well."

Aaron, for his part, remained seated as he had been ever since arriving, hoping that the others wouldn't see his exhaustion.

7/6/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 2/24/2011 #88
Fleur-de-lis Evans

Cassie shook, her entire soul screaming out for relief. She didn't care what Vince said anymore. She struggled against the man, and then something caught her nose. It was sweet, so sweet and it gurgled. Her eyes opened diluting to a darker version of their normal colour. Her head whipped to the side and she set her sights on one of the younger people in the group. She could feel his soul cry out against this injustice, but she was having trouble controlling her thirst. Her fangs started growing and it was all she could do to keep her mouth shut. It was hard, since the fangs were pressing against her lips. But the men did not relent.

Where was Vince, what was taking him so long?

_________

Vince regarded the group. "If Addison is something I've never dealt with than Cassie is an even rarer breed," he said. "You ask what she eats? Cooked food like any human. It's what she drinks that's the problem, and it comes less often than one would expect. She needs pure blood, it sustains her the best, but as it is her morals get in the way. I'm sorry, once she is safely in here I will be glad to sit and talk, if you have more questions." He turned, but before he dashed back the way he had come he said, "See, her father was one of the ancients and her mother human. As such she ended up with 50% of each. Plus some difficult abilities."

With that he ran down the hall, trying to make it outside in time to calm her down, and tell her the men who had just arrived were allies.

7/6/2010 #89
Addison Black

Addison gritted her teeth as her fangs grew. God help me... She thought, pressing her lips tight. Her heart began to quicken. Her hands started to form into paws. No! Maintain control... come on...

She looked over at her friend. "Aaron..." she managed in a quiet voice, despite the roar that was growing inside her.

7/7/2010 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 2/24/2011 #90
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Arem H-A-Cooke, MongooseDelta
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member