Writers Inc
This is the home for wayward RPG's of any sort. Come join, create, write - Unleash the Power Inisde
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »
MongooseDelta

(yes. And? I was looking for something more specific. Like, what would that object be that Kihn put on the counter in front of Sky?)

6/27/2010 #31
Fleur-de-lis Evans

(maybe a gift from Kaylee? we can make it up.)

Sky didn't bother paying attention to the man. She wasn't stupid. She's been on her own for going on 18 years and new she was being hunted. But the anger she felt as seeing the talisman was so great the glass he held in her gloved hands shattered under the pressure. How had that alliance man gotten a hold of Joe's talisman, a necklace with a strawberry charm that had a stehoscope wrapped around it? Was Josephine caught? Or was she pulling off some miraculous undercover scam? Whatever the reason Sky decided that she'd wait for a few more minutes before perusing him.

But, despite her uncanny ability to read people and situations she did not have her mother's psychic abilities, and couldn't tell what this man's intentions were. Yes she was his mark,probably one of many, but if he had any information to do with Joe she'd find out. And since she hadn't committed any crimes she had nothing to fear. And besides anyone from her mother's crew hadn't been in contact with her family since her father's treachery, which was the last time she saw Joe.

6/28/2010 #32
MongooseDelta

(Sorry, but am I supposed to know who Joe is? 'cause I don't. I assumed, and maybe should have posted, that Kihn got the item from River. How he got it remains to be seen. And certainly Sky could assume that he got it from this Joe. But FYI, he got it from River.)

Kihn walked out the door and about half a block down the street, crossing it before he looked back. She wasn't there yet. He smirked slightly for the briefest moment, confident that she would bite. Then, of course, he'd have to make the pitch. That might take some doing. But so far he was playing the game the way it was supposed to be played. She would probably know that, and then could decide whether or not to play along. Hopefully the fact that he had been upfront about it, rather than trying something 'cleaver' like a brush pass or dead drop would give him points.

On the other hand, she might rabbit, and then his search would have to resume from the bar. Oh well. His deadline was fuzzy. Regardless of what she did, it was now his job to wait.

He found a stray piece of wood, pulled out a camp knife -- nothing scary. Just a three inch blade -- and started to whittle, sitting on a barrel with the wood braced against his knee and across his thigh.

6/28/2010 . Edited 6/28/2010 #33
Fleur-de-lis Evans

(of course you got if from River. Joe left it at the house when she visited. and no you don't have to know her, probably wouldn't. just for your information, your character does not know this, she is probably on his ship masquerading as either a mechanic or a doctor)

(also if I post i'll be moving ahead in the time line for Bleeding... as his character is conversing with mine, that may cause confusion.so i'll just PM him to reply on here and wait to reply to you, that makes it stagnant but hopefully we can get it back on it's feet)

6/28/2010 #34
MongooseDelta

(I'm cool with all that, except for this: Kihn doesn't have a ship of his own. Not unless he commandeered, stole, or traded for one, which would necessitate a backstory that I haven't crafted. But if you'd like to make it so, PM me and we can work something out.)

As Kihn whittled and waited, he thought about what brought him here. Only parts of it, of course. In his life he had to keep many things hidden from many different people, and it was far easier to hide things from others if one didn't think about them themselves. It had been a long journey from place to place, following one thread after another, most of which turned out to be dead ends. He really was just shooting in the dark when he came to the bar, and there she was. Sometimes you got a lucky break, after all, he supposed. Or maybe it was destiny. God leading him there? He wasn't certain about the existence and nature of a god, but he was certainly willing to consider it, and did so on occasion. In fact, he supposed he was almost convinced, and that was part of the reason he was doing what he was doing now.

In any case, he'd had to make due with what he could get. Sometimes, as at this particular bar, he'd advertised Alliance credentials. Other times he'd advertised browncoat leanings. One way or another he secured passage on one vessel or another. The point was that his employers gave him minimal support, intelligence and communications. He was expected to make his own way, getting what he needed as he went along. What he did have was access, authorized or not, to a nearly unlimited supply of funds, and all the information on the net that he had the skill and knowledge to reach. It was a very particular set of skills that had brought him this far, and he'd gained additional ones as he went along. Take whittling, for example. Before long the face of his pet from his childhood back home on the remote moon began to make itself known in the surface of the old wood.

6/29/2010 #35
Bleeding Perfection

(On the topic of my reply, let's just assume that David let Sky leave to follow Kihn, but decided to follow at a distance. I'll make a post for that.)

David watched Sky get up and leave. A few moments later, he dicided to follow her. He followed at a distance.

6/29/2010 #36
Fleur-de-lis Evans

(alright, let's just say that the next ship Khin gets on has Joesphine on it. Sky has followed him)

Sky waited a few minutes to make sure the bartender saw her pay for her drink before taking the necklace and getting up. She took a few deep breaths claming herself. She wondered if the Alliance wanted her based upon her parentage, just because of River, or if they were going to torture her to. Whatever the reason, she had to know how that man had gotten Joe's necklace. She followed him at a distance, deciding to climb the fire escape in the alley to get a bit above him. She landed quietly clearing her throat so he could hear her. She kept one hand firmly on her Magnum pistol and the other on one of her throwing knives.

"Who are you, what do you want with me?" she asked anger filling her tone. "You've been following me for years. And how the f*** did you get Joe's necklace? You're a chameleon that much I do know."

She waited hoping he worked alone and that he'd try to diffuse her anger. It would do no one here any good if he sparked her anger, that much she knew, because when she saw red it became a gruesome battle scene. Now that reflected on it she had decimated quite a few Alliance squadrons that had been after her. She shook her head hoping this man was a decent sort.

6/29/2010 #37
MongooseDelta

Kihn looked slowly up toward her, and smiled a little. She was a beautiful woman (true? false?), fitting testimony to her mother's grace.

"Hello," he said, and then waited for her to finish asking her questions. He slowly, deliberately set his carving aside and shiethed his knife, but remained sitting.

"My name, such as a name is, is Snowy Owl. But I think that is less important than what I represent to you, which is the information I have on your mother. As for what I want? Only to offer my services. But I do not know this 'Joe,' of whom you speak. I'd hoped the necklace would show that I came from your mother, for it is she that gave it to me." He frowned, looking down for a moment. He usually prided himself on knowing or being able to find things out, and this 'Joe' didn't register. Was he slipping, or was he/she that good?

6/30/2010 #38
Fleur-de-lis Evans

She jumped to a lower section of the fire scape keeping her eyes on him. If he came from his mother he'd know that Sam Finelly was a traitor and a slimy b***. "If that's true," she said, keeping her hand on her pistol, "then you know how dirty and low Sam Finelly is, don't you?"

She tried to keep her tears from her eyes. Perhaps her mother had taken the necklace to where she was imprisoned. "Fine then," she said. "That necklace belongs to someone my mother loved dearly, as you can probably tell there is a strawberry and a stehoscope. The emblems associated with my aunt and uncle's line of business. If you have information I want, you'll know who those stand for. If not you don't come from my mom."

She also assumed he knew that both her and Joe were on the run.

(by the way strawberry is for Kaylee and the stethoscope is for Simon)

6/30/2010 #39
MongooseDelta

(I figured on the stethoscope. Nice with the strawberry. And I do recall that one scene between the two of them, now that you mention it. Simon was River's brother and thus Sky's Uncle, making Kaylee her aunt, assuming they got married. Shinny. So who's Joe? Simon and Kaylee's kid? And why did river have the necklace.)

Kihn laughed just a little, in true humor. "You're a demanding lass, aren't you? But I guess that comes from being independent and on the run. Are you sure you want to talk about this out here in the open?"

(if she does, he says the following. If not, he'll follow her to wherever she leads him, or we can simply go into another round of IC posts.)

"Unfortunately, I had hardly the time with your mother I would have liked. However, I can tell you that the necklace is the symbol of your Uncle and Aunt by marriage, Simon and Kaylee Tam. Your mother didn't speak of Finelly, but I was aware of his involvement in her capture, from other sources."

He raised his eyebrows, asking by his expression if she needed anything else prior to deciding to sit down and chat with him.

6/30/2010 #40
Fleur-de-lis Evans

(yep, Joesphine is the daughter of Simon and Kaylee)

Sky relaxed, allowing her mind to run on slow. She jumped down to the ground casting her eyes around for anyone she didn't want follow them. Then she simply motioned toward Owl and led him down an alleyway, through a back lot, and then to a middle-class apartment complex. She unlocked the door slipping inside. "Feel free to come in," she said. She used the door at the end of the hallway, lifting a trap door and jumping down, not even bothering to use the ladder.

6/30/2010 #41
MongooseDelta

Kihn followed Sky, step for step. If his movement was any less nimble and sure than hers, the difference was due only to his larger size. He didn't give it any conscious thought, but his training had been extensive and rigorous. That training was built on a body and mind that had been selectively bred and come out genetically superior to most. He'd made optimal use of his mind and body in a variety of settings and was fully confident that he would succeed in whatever he set his mind and hand to, no matter the obstacles in the way, just as he had the majority of the time in the last 20 years.

(There's some exposition for you, to give you an idea of how and who and what he is. How much of that Sky picks up on is up to you.)

6/30/2010 #42
Fleur-de-lis Evans

Sky glanced back wondering if he had escaped the men with blue gloves as well. Or if he was even worse than her mother, meaning that he had been bred from an embrio to be a warrior type. She didn't bother fretting over it now. She'd get her answers, and perhaps be able to still be free. She turned around pulling on a light and perching on top of an old bar.

"So, what exactly are you supposed to do with me?"

7/1/2010 #43
Tjernagel

(Hey, I'm not in this but posting for Abiz as he sends them to me.)

Drak stood in the dust flying through the air, kicked up by hundreds of restless feet. Cigar burning in his hand, and revolver in its holster, he was the image of an old gunslinger.

7/1/2010 #44
Bleeding Perfection

David followed Sky and Kihn silently, utilizing effective stealth techniques that he had learned in the Dead City back on Earth. He followed them as quietly as humanly possible through the alley, down the hallway, and to the trapdoor, and of course, at a safe distance. He made sure they didn't notice, or at least did his best to make sure. He pressed his ear to the closed trapdoor, ready to listen in on all the trouble Sky had gotten herself into since their last meeting. If needed, he would help her fend off this Kihn guy, in the event that it came to a fight.

7/1/2010 . Edited 7/1/2010 #45
MongooseDelta

(Special Features showed that they actually have blue skin. It explained the reason for it as well, but I don't recall what it was.)

Kihn leaned his wiry frame against the wall a couple of feet from the door, across from Sky's perch.

"What am I supposed to do with you? Or what do I intend to actually do with you?" He waved it off. "Let's not over-complicate things. We can philosophize and plan later. For now, I think there are others following one or both of us, so I'll get down to it. I know where and how your mother is being held. She entrusted that necklace to me in the hopes that you would know you could trust me. I may be able to arrange a rescue, but I can't do it myself without putting myself in more danger than the average browncoat holdout on an inner planet, and that danger'd be considerable. But I recon you'd want to know what I've got, and may even want to organize some hair-brained rescue sceam 'tother y'sel'. Ultimately, if you choose to work with me and we put an able bodied crew together, I might even go along and lend my knowledge and skill on the ground. But," He spread his arms and shrugged, "she's your mother, so it's up to you."

7/1/2010 #46
Bleeding Perfection

(Kay, I'll edit to have him stop at the entrance to the trapdoor. But as for the type of character he is, that was determined in the Wicked RPG novel, which I haven't finished yet. He's an assassin, which means he has considerable skills in stealth, hand-to-hand combat, and weapons. I'm not particularly willing to alter that.)

(EDIT: I fixed the post about David regarding the trapdoor. He is now outside the [closed] door, listening to Sky and Kihn's conversation.)

7/1/2010 . Edited 7/1/2010 #47
MongooseDelta

(Okay. I can accept that he's got mad skills. I would just suggest that he'll be a more interesting character if he specializes in one area or other, at the cost of the other areas, and if he has some particular weakness. Kihn, for instance, is kind of boring, being very good at everything. I suppose I'll give him a bad temper and make him conflicted about his life's choices, or something. A love of rock music. On the verge of faith, but not there yet. Gets lost in nature. I dunno, but will figure him out.

Just for my information, is "Assassin" just a job, or is it a particular class of person with certain characteristics that qualify a person for that status? I always thought it was just a job. You know, Assassin, soldier, spy, doctor, lawyer, receptionist, etc. You've got people in any given occupation that are good at it, and those who are less good at it. Is that the case here, or is it not?

Anyway, thanks for the change. Feel free to have him know everything Kihn says, and do whatever he wants with that information.)

7/1/2010 #48
Bleeding Perfection

(Actually, on the topic of whether "assassin" is a job feild or not, David comes from the Dead City back on Wicked RPG. He would just kill Ripper's soldiers and such. He had no assignments from a higher authority, such as a mob boss hiring him out or whatever. He did things by his own merit. And when the Wicked Novel comes out, you'll see that David has quite a few weaknesses. He can't protect against teleportation, for instance, if you noticed from the first-person story about him that I posted on the Wicked RPG. I'll reveal more weaknesses later. Oh, and for the change I made, no problem. I think it will work out better than him actually being in the room, in this case.)

7/1/2010 . Edited 7/1/2010 #49
Fleur-de-lis Evans

Sky clicked her tongue a smile spreading across her features. Her laugh came out high and giddy. "Oh, come on, Dave. You'd have to be as dumb as mom's friend Jayne not to have noticed you." She didn't say that very loud. She followed up the chide with a suggestion "Go the covered gutter bed outside on the east side of the building. If you drop straight down you'll be right on our level and can squeeze through the window."

She turned to Khin again. "Alright, I trust you," she said. "I had to make sure you aren't an Alliance. I've already been used and it nearly got godmother Zoey killed and Aunt Inara arrested." She shook her head sadly. "That ship was a good kip, lots of places to play, Mal just couldn't keep us." She stopped in her flashback and began again, "Anyways, there ain't no way into that facility unless I can fake being a doctor. The only person I know on the inside is Tanner, Joe's brother, and it ain't easy to sneak in. He ain't to pleased about having to go along with their imprisonment of his aunt, but as it is he don't exist on Alliance radar if you know what I mean." She trailed off. It was foolish of her to hope that Tanner would remember his days on the ship, they were nearly the same age anyways. "You've got me on your team, but if you pull a fast one on me, get me arrested I'll be after you if I get free. For honorable combat."

7/1/2010 #50
MongooseDelta

Kihn listened in silence and then raised an eyebrow at her last.

"Honorable combat? I recon that gets you dead. But I would not get you arrested. I would take you in myself and put you in the cell across the facility from your mother. Let you see her every now and then on a TV, or something, if I could verify she wasn't communicating with you. Just so you know who you're dealing with. Anyway, good to have you on board. And this Dave, as well, I presume? But since you know so much about the facility I perceive that my value diminishes, so I'll turn the question around. What do you want with me?"

7/1/2010 #51
Bleeding Perfection

"Or maybe you're just that good," David said in reply to Sky noticing him. He turned to follow sky's directions into the room. A few moments later, he was inside with them.

7/1/2010 #52
Fleur-de-lis Evans

She turned toward Dave, "Thanks for the compliment." She paused. "I've been on my own for a very long time, heightened skills."

She tilted her head. "I'm not that good, Khin." She knew one way to get hold of Joe. "We'll need to use a face they haven't seen. I'm too reconizable. I look to much like Mum. We need to get to a boat soon, tonight Or else we've lost ground. Even if we spring my Mom there's still no way to get hold of her old crew. Serenity's been in retirement and it's too risky for her to take the sky again. But if we get on board whatever boat Joe's on, her own boat last I heard, then we may be able to stop by and convince some of the old crew to join."

(I thought this might be fun, to bring in some of the old people, just to take their old jobs, Kaylee as the mechanic, since Joe will be put in the asylum. Maybe Mal to fly. I'm thinking I'll just go on from here and get everyone to the ship dock)

She pulled a bag, packed and ready from behind the counter. There were plenty of weapons hidden, and a map leading to the living brown coats. "If you agree then we'll be off. It'll be risky to get to the gangways of the ships, but hopefully we'll have luck."

7/1/2010 #53
MongooseDelta

"I've got all the luck we need right here," Kihn said, grinning just a little. He drew out his Alliance Ident card in one hand, and his pistol in the other, both moves quick enough to be a threat to anyone he chose as a target. But he didn't fire. Hopefully neither of the other two would try anything. They were getting along so well, so far. 'twould be a pitty to trash the progress they'd made as a result of his having to shoot them in the legs or something.

(If they don't attack him or something, he says the following.)

"Now all we have to do is walk out in broad daylight. Anyone who sees us will either assume I've accomplished my mission, or will have brains enough to stay out of our business, I'll just keep flashing these whenever I need to, and you two walk, shackled, in front of me, and we take whichever ship you choose. How's that for a plan?"

7/1/2010 #54
MongooseDelta

(We're not allowed to use the OCs, btw. Sorry. 'twould be cool, if they aren't too old. I can bring in another PC though who can rig anything electronic or communications oriented)

7/1/2010 #55
Fleur-de-lis Evans

A vein in her temple pulsed. "Shackles?" she wasn't comfortable with those. "How about you lead me at gun point? And have any more of those shackles or another ident card? I'm know as 'wild' shall we say. If you let Dave hook shackles to his belt and give him a false card then it'll be more believable. And I don't have to be bound."

7/1/2010 #56
MongooseDelta

(I don't follow.)

Kihn's eyes narrowed, and he lowered his gun and badge. "I don't follow," He said. "You want Dave to pose as an alliance soldier or operative, and have the two of us escorting you, but you unbound? And you think that would be believable? Girl, you've a reputation around here. People'd know something were amis if they saw you free with just the two of us and a gun on ya. We'd do better to rough you up a bit to make it look convincing. Unless you want to clarify your plan to where I can understand it."

7/1/2010 #57
Fleur-de-lis Evans

Sky closed her eyes. She knew it sounded stupid even before she suggested it. She closed her eyes. "Fine, cuff me." She didn't open her eyes again but kept talking, "You cuff me, get us out this hideaway and then tell me when we're outside. Then I'll open my eyes and put up a fight. I'd rather not see the cuffs, though. Bring back horrible memories."

7/2/2010 . Edited 7/2/2010 #58
Bleeding Perfection

(Whoops, I'ma bit late. Quick minor jump-back for David here:)

David had his Gasser 11.2mm out and pointed at Kihn almost immediately after Kihn's gun was even visible. He watched Sky and Kihn talk back and forth. He kept his gun up when Kihn lowered his. Never know when he'd need it.

Here's a pic of the gun: ( http://www.dreadgazebo.com/gunporn/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/gunporn-gasser.jpg )

7/2/2010 #59
MongooseDelta

(Waiting on Bleeding.)

7/2/2010 #60
« Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Arem H-A-Cooke, MongooseDelta
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member