Writers Inc
This is the home for wayward RPG's of any sort. Come join, create, write - Unleash the Power Inisde
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »
Bleeding Perfection

Cole's sixth sense couldn't get past something, in the case of the man. He couldn't detect the man's neuro-electric energy, which meant one thing for sure: Forcefield.

He created a shock grenade and tossed it to himself once.

"I can throw this behind you, you know," he said.

Misaka was unimpressed.

7/6/2011 #31
FierceOcelot

"Hmm," Jason thought aloud. Just what is he capable of?

Alicia merely turned and ran away. "Enough of this crap..." Her eyes stayed gray, in case of another attack.

Jason focused on Cole, for the moment. "You don't know what this is about. I suppose simply asking you to step aside won't work. Am I wrong?" His shield dissolved at will, though he was ready to raise it at a moment's notice.

7/6/2011 #32
Bleeding Perfection

Cole turned his hand over, and the shock grenade dissipated in a shower of sparks.

"I'm just saying," Cole began, stepping closer, "That the middle of the city would be a bad place to use powers. The market for supers isn't exactly in boom these days, in case you haven't heard." He held his hands out, shrugging slightly. "Hey, I'm just trying to help."

7/6/2011 . Edited 7/6/2011 #33
FierceOcelot

Jason watched as the shock grenade dissipated. He wasn't going to let his guard down, not against someone with abilities like these.

"I'm just saying..." Cole said, taking a step closer. Jason noted his movement and took a step back to compensate.

"...That the middle of the city would be a bad place to use powers. The market for supers isn't exactly in boom these days, in case you haven't heard." Cole held his hands out and shrugged. "Hey, I'm just trying to help."

"You don't think I know that? I would like nothing else than to leave this #$%#hole. I could care less about the humans. And as for your 'help'..."

Jason took a step forward, intending to pass Cole. If Cole so much as twitched in his direction, Jason would immediately raise another shield, this time to completely envelop himself. "Your 'help' is about to cost me my lead." He kept focused on Cole and the girl he was with, still moving to pass them both.

7/6/2011 #34
Bleeding Perfection

Cole turned as the man passed him, but didn't do anything else. He noticed the man's neuro-electric energy signature dissapear again.

"Just doing my part, you know?" He said, "Some of us have to respect the people, like a normal superhero would." He glanced at the Benz as he said, "respect the people."

7/6/2011 #35
FierceOcelot

"Respect people. Ha..." Jason's tone of voice was flat as he spoke. "Respect the scum that hate you for what you can do? Respect those that try to kill whatever they can't understand or control? I'd never do that. You might, but me..." Jason shook his head slowly, trailing off. He didn't finish the sentence. Instead he continued moving carefully, attention split between Cole, the unnamed girl, and Alicia's figure in the distance.

7/6/2011 #36
Fleur-de-lis Evans

"I did," Nero said keeping his on Noriko. "I'm assuming it had something to do with you?"

Bell waited until Nero was done. "I was busy," she said. She wasn't exactly willing to just admit what had happened in the alley. "Why, does it put us at danger?"

7/6/2011 . Edited 7/7/2011 #37
Bleeding Perfection

"See, thoughts like those are what makes them hate us so much," Cole said flatly.

Noriko shot a sideways glance at Nero.

"And how long have you known me?" She said, in a tone that implied that he'd guessed right.

7/7/2011 . Edited by Fleur-de-lis Evans, 7/7/2011 #38
FierceOcelot

"And the cycle continues until one of us is extinct..." Jason muttered as he gained distance away from Cole. Cole probably would have heard it.

7/7/2011 #39
Bleeding Perfection

"Right..."

(You have bad timing. I gotta log off now... T_T)

7/7/2011 #40
FierceOcelot

[*dies from the disappointment* Aaaarrrrkkkk......]

Jason turned and continued on, rounding a corner to follow his target.

______

Alicia thought that she finally got away. But then she turned back to see the same guy rounding a corner to chase her.Seriously?! What the hell!!

7/7/2011 #41
Roush in Black

(Hey, would you mind if Agent of Chaos and myself joined in? I'd be playing Sylar from the show ''Heroes''--though slightly different--, Wade Wilson aka Deadpool, and she'll be playing the characters, Meri, Kayos, and Drow Archer--all from her own stories/rpgs, etc. I know we've been gone for a while, but this RPG looks pretty cool. Thanks!)

7/7/2011 #42
Fleur-de-lis Evans

Nero shrugged, "Not long at all," he said. "I'm just vigilant is all."

Bell rolled her eyes. "I'm assuming one of your team members, probably the one you befriended in high school, was taken to that facility," she said. "It seems that people are being thrown in prisons for no good reason these days."

She sat down quickly sketching out an image in perfect detail. It was a crest bearing the images that represented each person in Noriko's group. She hide it in a drawer, but her timing was off and she was sure Noriko caught sight of it before it ended up with all the other strange drawings she'd been doing lately.

7/7/2011 #43
Bleeding Perfection

"No, actually, it was me," Noriko admitted, "Cole and Misaka broke me out."

Was that a design based on her team? She'd have to ask to see it later.

7/7/2011 #44
Fleur-de-lis Evans

Bell shifted uncomfortably. She took out a portfolio smoothing out a drawing she had complete a month ago. "Does this look familiar or cause any feelings to crop up?" It was a gruesome panel of a battle, in the end frame a girl lay still, nearly unmoving and was thrown, chained into a heavy armored vehicle.

As she looked closer Bell shook her head. "How did I not recognize you?" She pressed her fingers to her temples trying to quell the migraine that was forming.

7/8/2011 #45
Bleeding Perfection

"Can't say it does," Noriko said, looking at the picture, "And what do you mean, 'not regonize me?'"

[Oh, and Roush: Yeah, it's fine if you join, I just want to know how often you and Agent will be hewre, so I know whether or not to frequently interact with your characters.]

7/8/2011 . Edited 7/8/2011 #46
Agent of Chaos

(Bleeding, we should be able to write a few posts per day, still kinda depends on the day. However on the days we will not be able to post we'll try to let you know :))

Meri leaned back in her chair, picking up her cup of coffee. Taking a sip before it had any time to cool; she felt the searing heat burn its way down her throat. She frowned, placing the cup back on the table before her and sighed. What a depressing little place she found herself in. There seemed absolutely nothing to do. She played with a small symbol on her bracelet, her light green eyes staring out of the widow and into the distance. They were so light they almost looked yellow. She brushed her black hair behind one ear and leaned forward resting her chin the palm of her hand. She was here in Grave-Town looking for someone.

She didn't like waiting.

7/8/2011 #47
Roush in Black

Sylar wasn't exactly on the run, so much as on a journey. He wasn't running from anyone that he knew of, he was searching. Like all great men, he was searching for one thing that had avoided all of them to an extent--knowledge. He was very certain he was going to become the most knowledgeable human being to ever exist. But, of course, he couldn't do it alone. He'd need aid from others. Aid which he had already... helped himself to.

It was just a stepping stone on a much larger mountain.

And now, he was in no-where's-ville, at a coffee shop in a town that no one even twenty miles away would have heard about. Not that there was anyone twenty miles away. But some of the most likely assets were found in unlikely places at times. He remembered hearing some rumors about some super-powered beings in smaller places like this, places like Kansas and other rural areas were good places to hide. It's where he'd done a lot of his hiding... years ago. But he no longer had any reason to hide.

He ordered straight black coffee, and took a seat facing a young woman that looked as if she was a few years younger than he was. ''Mind if I sit down? You look like you're expecting someone.''

7/8/2011 #48
Agent of Chaos

Meri's eyes widened slightly; the audacity of this man! "I…wasn't expecting you… But you are…welcome to join me." She flashed him a small, strange smile, as she leaned forward, resting her forearms on the table. "What brings you to..." She frowned, "where ever this place might be? Mother left you on a train?" She smirked, slowly lifting her still steaming cup of coffee to her lips. This time she was careful to not burn herself on the black liquid. She set her cup down and reached her hand over the table, "Merilwen Vardainiel. My friends call me… Oh never mind. You can just call me…Meri."

*~*~*~*

*You killed me.*

Kayos shook her head. *No…No… I didn't kill you!* Her eyes scanned the room, looking once more for the voice. She dragged herself to the mirror, almost as if she was being drawn towards it. Her strange colored eyes seemed to be one of her most striking features. In fact she seemed to have a lot of 'striking' features. Some people wished for some things like that. She wish to be...normal.

But as her eyes stared back at her she realized that would never be. Having eyes two different colors was strange enough, but having one a brilliant violet was quite…odd.

Another thing that attested to her strange life was a thin scar that started just above her eyebrow, just missing her eye and continued down halfway down her pale cheek. She still remembered the day she had received that. It had been from the blade of a katana, just like the pair that rested on the opposite side of the bed.

She sighed, brushing her deep red hair out of her eyes as she sat back on the edge of the bed.

*It's your fault.*

"Shut up!" She howled, grabbing the thing closest to her. A katana blade whispered out of its sheath in a second and ended up, quivering, in the wall by the only window of her room.

Only then the voice began to fade, his laughter causing goose-bumps to flare up on her skin. *You are pitiful* He said before leaving Kayos in blissful silence.

She closed her eyes, flopping backwards on the bed. After a few moments, she sighed, pushing herself up. She walked over to her katana, and pulled. It stuck fast.

She growled, sending a quick burst of mental energy along the blade to press against the wall. Soon, she had retrieved her blade. She was just about to turn back to the bed, when movement across the street caught her eye. Turning her full attention to outside the window, she was able to make out a large hulking form with glowing green eyes.

The beast's head turned towards her, and she took a slight step backwards. The shape of the head and body seemed rather…wolf-like, but much, much larger. Yet, it could not be a wolf for Kayos thought she saw something protruding from its back.

She knew the beast was watching her, so she was careful to not make any sudden moves. Her free hand remained at her side as a soft sliding noise came from the bed. She called her second katana to her hand, not letting her gaze waver.

Just then a car drove by, blocking her vision for less than a second.

But by then the wolf was gone.

7/8/2011 #49
Roush in Black

''No, Meri... my mother's dead. I'm looking for someone.'' Sylar said without a hint of humour in his voice. He'd killed his parents when he was young, but that wasn't exactly something he'd like to let a cute stranger know about him right off the bat. But he wasn't really looking for companions. He never found any need for them, they only got in the way, and after he was done with their abilities, he was pretty much done with them. ''My name's Sylar, it's nice to meet you.''

7/8/2011 #50
Fleur-de-lis Evans

"Look more closely at the drawing," Nero advised. "It focused on the person being captured. You should recognize the woman as yourself."

Bell looked back at him. She wondered if Nero knew more about her than he let on. Shaking the feeling, she turned back to Noriko. "I haven't seen you in eight years. Remember? I moved when you were ten."

She phrased it as a question, because Bell was sure she had been the one to move away from Silverstone, Colorado, the strange little off-the-map town, that seemed to draw, what her father termed "strange but decent people, to this new city. She shook her head trying to remember how time worked and realizing that it had seemed to work strangely, at least where her family was concerned.

[Chris: Bell is 26 and Noriko is 17. That's a nine year age difference. The way I see it them being close friends when Noriko was younger would make a lot more sense. So, I moved up Bell's age. Is it okay that Norikio was 9 and Bell was 18 when Bell moved away? I can still mess around with my original idea, and that can keep them knowing each other at a realistic level. Maybe Bell protected Norikio or they had a situation where they both ended up protecting each other with their powers and Noriko kept Bell's secret safe all these years]

7/9/2011 . Edited 7/12/2011 #51
Bleeding Perfection

(Actually, Noriko is 18. So Noriko was 10 when Bell moved away, and it's been eight years. Same basic thing, though, so if you correct the age thing, it's fine. And I'll start a flashback scene later in the story to explain what happened. So that works.)

Norkio did notice that the girl in the picture looked like her.

"Are these the Purifiers?" She said, pointing to the men who were taking the girl away. They had dark-colored suits and guns. The suits had large white crosses on the front, which were a ruse to justify their actions as "Holy."

7/11/2011 #52
Bleeding Perfection

(I'm introducing the main antagonists of the first arc, now. They're from the Soul Calibur series.)

New baddie One:

Name: Tira

Fandom: Soul Calibur III and IV

Powers: Able to infuse fire in her weapon strikes. Can also drain souls from her opponent. She usually does this by kissing them.

Weapon: Ring blade. It's name is Eiserne Drossel

Wiki for Reference: http://soulcalibur.wikia.com/wiki/Tira

_______

New baddie Two:

Name: Astaroth

Fandom: All SoulCalibur games.

Powers: Not really, but he's a golem, so superstrength and high durability.

Weapon: Giant Axe, named Kulutues.

Wiki for Reference: http://soulcalibur.wikia.com/wiki/Astaroth

_______

New baddie Three:

Name: Nightmare

Fandom: All Soul Calibur games.

Powers: The ability to consume souls.

Weapon: Soul Edge.

Wiki for Reference: http://soulcalibur.wikia.com/wiki/Nightmare

They had slept for millenia. They had slept silently as the world around them changed. They had slept, unaware of the change, until a pasing traveler stumbled upon the ruins in which they slept, deep in central Asia.

The first to awaken was Tira. She graciously thanked the traveler for awakening her, obtained information on her current time and location, then proceeded to drain his soul with her deadly kiss.

She woke Astaroth next.

The two knelt before Nightmare's sleeping place, awakening him together.

"We have finally awoken, Nightmare," Tira said, "And guess what? It's the 21st century. The date is the fifth of October, in the year 2012."

"We slept for over four thousand years," Nightmare said, "This will be the age of Soul Edge."

He picked up Soul Edge and gazed out at the scenery.

"Tira. Go and learn of this age's technology."

"Sure thing!" She exclaimed, getting up and running off.

When she was gone, Nightmare turnd to Astaroth.

"We will wait here for her return," He said.

7/11/2011 #53
Agent of Chaos

"...ah..." Was the only thing she stated. She leaned back in her chair, placing both hands on the table. "Who exactly are you looking for?" She wondered aloud. If he was looking for the same person she was...well... she might have to do something...drastic. She slid her cup closer to her as she waited for his answer. It was a small world. And this was an even smaller town. Why else would he be here?

7/11/2011 #54
Fleur-de-lis Evans

Bell shrugged. "I don't know who they are. All I know, is in the middle of a tattoo sketch, while I'm watching tv, playing video games, shopping... It doesn't matter what I'm doing I'll suddenly get an image so strong I have to draw it. Then when I do, it turns out I'm seeing something really dark or evil happening. I'm not sure why I keep having these dreams but they've been going on for years."

Nero listened patiently, stating, "It's because your powers have finally manifested in their true form," he said. "The dreams are showing you situations you could have prevented or altered if you had use of your powers."

Bell turned toward her bestfriend a look of confusion on her face. "How do you know that?"

Nero didn't answer, mainly because if he revealed his own role in this situation he would cause Bell to get taken away, and she didn't have the strength or grasp on her skills that would help her survive imprisonment. He waited, wondering if Noriko would understand that he, too, was what the government termed a "super", he had just learned at a young age how to control his powers.

7/12/2011 #55
Roush in Black

''I'm not looking for anyone in particular, just someone that fits the description.'' Sylar said, simply. He wasn't looking for someone he knew the name of, he was just looking. Looking for anybody that could be of help to him.

------------

''My heart just won't heal. I'm done with this. I'm done! Do you hear me? Finished! I can't take this any more!" The man picked the kitchen knife up from behind the bar, angled it towards his chest, clutching it with both hands. ''None of you understand! You're all ... crazy. And I can't go on living like this.''

By now, everyone was staring, he could see a couple people dialing 911 on their cell phones, the bartender tried to calm him down but the man jerked away. ''She broke my heart! She left me and now I have no reason to live! Don't tell me to calm down, I'm not going to!"

Everything seemed to be racing a mile a minute, he didn't hear anyone else speaking if he saw their lips moving, the only thing he could hear was his persistent, excited heartbeat. But not for long.

''Goodbye, cruel world!" He shoved the knife into his left chest cavity, sinking the entire blade into his heart. His knees bucked under him as he fell off the bar, knocking several bottles to the ground, shattering all around him as his back hit the ground. He started coughing as his lungs began to give out, choking on his own blood as the mass of people huddled around him and stared. As his tight, white knuckles suddenly loosed around the hilt, his hands dropped to his soaked chest, heaving in the faintest, gravest way. His voice was curdled in blood and lack of air, but his lips parted in only one word, ''...rose...bud...'' And the man's head slumped and he breathed no more.

The crowd started to murmur, they could hear ambulances in the distance. Who was this man? And why did he kill himself right here? What kind of trouble was this guy in that he would just walk into a bar, take a knife, stand on the counter like a stage, and kill himself while quotingCitizen Kane?

Wade Wilson sat up, yanked the knife from his chest and tossed it on the floor, the wound mending itself, until his chest was now without a mark. ''So how'd you guys like it? I thought it was pretty good, if I do say so myself.''

You're an idiot.

Shut up. It was your idea too.

He hopped up to his feet, took a bow, and walked out, ''Exit stage left: Wade Wilson. Enter: Deadpool."

7/12/2011 . Edited 7/12/2011 #56
Bleeding Perfection

"When my powers first manifested, I caused blackouts and stuff," Noriko said, "My father even disowned me because he didn't believe in superpowers. Things happen when powers manifest, it's natural. In a sense."

(Fleur: I think there should be a cause of Bell's powers manifesting. Mutants almost always manifest their powers as teenagers, between the ages of ten and eighteen. The most common age is thirteen. There's no way her powers could just 'happen' out of nowhere at her age, so there would have to be a cause.)

[For reference, this Superhero universe is mainly based on Marvel. Other universes can be included, but my point is that Bell can't really be a mutant.]

{Scratch that, maybe it's a second mutation. Beast had one of those in his mid-thirties. So maybe Bell had powers that were't prominent during her teens, powers that didn't really do anything. Then she had a second mutation now. Keep in mind that only mutants can develop powers without a cause, out of nowhere.}

7/12/2011 #57
Agent of Chaos

Once again she said "...ah... and what description would that be..?" She stated, a rather bored look crossing over her face. Why would he be looking for ....anyone...? It made no sense. Perhaps he wasn't as normal as he seemed... She frowned, she doubted it... She had thought that maybe he would be more interesting than this town, but he was almost worse. She sighed, tucking a stray piece of hair behind her ear. She didn't like...disappointments.

7/12/2011 #58
Roush in Black

Sylar was getting very bored with this. ''Well, why don't I just show you?'' With that, his piping hot cup of coffee began to hover in the air. With a small gesture of his hand, the mug went shattering into the wall, hot coffee splattered across the wall, as he shot several of the pieces into the throat of the nearby employee.

With his mind, he took the leaking body, tossing it behind the counter on top of a woman at the register. The cappuccino machine spontaneously combusted, sending the liquid in every direction.

Yes, this was quite a bit more interesting than talking over coffee, but there was another purpose for this. He'd heard reports of superhumans around this area, so he was sure there were some in this tiny po-dunk town. And if they were any kind of hero, they would try to stop him. If not, he'd just have to rip this whole town apart now that he'd started.

He picked up several tables, shot them through the windows, sinking them into nearby cars. Took the cars, sent them spiraling into a nearby shop.

This better work.

7/12/2011 #59
Bleeding Perfection

Mind if I take that cue, Roush?

Newbee:

Name: Chris Silverstein

Appearance: 6'4", thin, lean muscle. Neck-length brown hair usually swept to the right and blocking his right eye. Normal eye color is firey orange.

Powers: Cybernetic-based fire manipulation, animalistic senses and proportinate strength of a very large bear, mettalic durability of True Adamantium in his cybernetic parts [i.e. bones, organs, arms and legs, and parts of his torso. Bio-synthetic skin covers the external adamantium parts.

True Adamantium [Primary Adamantium]: This is the attempt at recreation of Proto-Adamantium. This is the Adamantium present in Wolverine. It is nearly as strong/durable, but unlike Proto [Adamantium] Primaryis possible to be reproduced. Only beings with Godlike powers (such as Odinforce Thor) can manipulate Primary Adamantium. Otherwise, it is completely indestructible to all forms of attack. Being this strong, it is very rare and expensive to create/manipulate and is top secret in the US government, though it has shared it with some of their "allies". Once liquid Adamantium cools and hardens, it can never be manipulated again.

Abilities: Speaks Japanese, Italian, and English, and the Language of The Ancients. Color-change eyes [cybernetic based], cybernetic voice changer. Extensive skill with swords and handguns.

Weapons:

- Large sword with rotating 'teeth' like a chainsaw: http://cosplaysky.com/media/catalog/product/cache/2/image/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/d/o/dot-hack-GU-Haseo-Sword-Broad-Cosplay-Sword-1.jpg . . . He usually leaves this at home.

- 2 Taurus Raging Bull M-500 .50 calibur revolvers.

Other: He is from the future, about 1500 years ahead of current-time. The discovery of the Android "Machine god" caused research to be done into Adamantium organisms, which is eventually how Chris came to be partially made of it.

("Machine god" is Machina Deus, and she'll come into play later in the story.)

7/13/2011 #60
« Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Arem H-A-Cooke, MongooseDelta
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member