Writers Inc
This is the home for wayward RPG's of any sort. Come join, create, write - Unleash the Power Inisde
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
H-A-Cooke

Hello All!

It is I, Hales (Previously Fleur-de-lis Evans!

This thread is ONLY for discussion about:

• Old Thread Life
  • Deleting Unused Threads
  • Kick-Starting New Threads

Please make sure to check this thread for nudges if you haven't posted in a while and to weigh in on discussion involving thread deletion. If a thread is deleted without your opinion being given DO NOT FEAR! ALL character information will be saved, but posts will not.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to chatting with ya'll again and to becoming an Admin with this account!

- Hales

9/7/2012 . Edited 9/17/2012 #1
H-A-Cooke

Alright! The suggestions we have had so far are below. I have responded to them in Bold considering requests I received when I was Moderator under my old penname. Your suggestions were:

1. Delete All Threads From 2010

I agree that some old threads need to be deleted. However, when I expressed interest in deleting them before, under my old account, I was asked to save the following threads in case posters came back. These threads will stay up until I have gained permission from the creator to delete them:

• Alice in Wonderland
  • Fire Vs Ice
  • Captain Ward
  • Fearless
  • Reflections Echo

2. Delete All Threads Below Ninjas RPG

I think that some of these threads, minus the ones I mentioned above can be deleted. I would like Members to vote Yes/No for the deletion of the following threads. Any threads not mentioned are created by ME or I have invested characters within them and want to attempt to bring them back to life.

• Nexus Arena 3
  • Zombie Apocalypse
  • Character Development Game
  • Writing Styles and methods and fun discussion stuff XD
  • Serious Off Topic Discussions

3. Maybe Re-Start A Few of the Old Threads

I agree with this idea mainly because I invested some strong characters into threads that sort of died away. Member Vote Yes/No on the following threads. If you vote YES information from the threads will be saved and sent to the participants and ALL POSTS in the threads will be deleted. The First Post will be Edited to keep the GAME RULE the same.

• Zombie Pandemic
  • Super Heroes RPG 2
  • Firefly
  • Character Development 1
  • Hunger Games
  • High School RPG

4. Kick Staring New Threads

I am really hesitant to back this idea. If enough of the Members can convince me that they would keep the thread Alive - as I will invest characters into them - I will be up for supporting the development of the following threads:

These are the current topics. Please respond to them by Number and use formatting to get the bullet points so I know what you are voting yes or no for! For now, that is a summary of what I read you all saying. When Votes are in I will delete the threads that have received YES votes for that and work on fixing up some of the other Topics.

9/17/2012 #2
H-A-Cooke

All threads that I have been given permission to delete are struck through below:

I agree that some old threads need to be deleted. However, when I expressed interest in deleting them before, under my old account, I was asked to save the following threads in case posters came back. These threads will stay up until I have gained permission from the creator to delete them:

• Alice in Wonderland
  • Fire Vs Ice
  • Captain Ward
  • Fearless
  • Reflections Echo

Agent of Chaos: Okay thanks for the heads up. Can you please re-read through the previous post and Vote for the threads you want to see kept and deleted. I'm trying to get everyone involved in the Voting Process so nobody is disadvantaged by a thread being deleted. Do you have all the information that was provided in Reflections Echo? If not I can save it to a file and then delete the thread.

9/19/2012 . Edited 9/19/2012 #3
H-A-Cooke

Agent of Chaos: Sorry to be a pain, but in the first post I asked if Voting could follow the format I used. Numbered Sections with just a Bold 'Yes' or 'No' by each thread title. I know it seems a pain but if you could re do your post to Vote with just 'Yes' or 'No.' And that's not exactly true. You should vote on all threads and give your honest opinions.

9/19/2012 #4
ruelariat

1. Deleting All Threads From 2010

My own responses are in bold :) I'm assuming yes means delete and no means don't. Even though I haven't participated in any of these RPG's I'm voting based on the fact that nobody seems to be posting to these threads at all.

• Nexus Arena 3 Yes
  • Zombie Apocalypse Yes
  • Character Development Game Yes
  • Writing Styles and methods and fun discussion stuff XD Yes (well, a redo of this wouldn't be bad because help with writing is always good)
  • Serious Off Topic Discussions Yes

• Zombie Pandemic YES! I love zombies!
  • Super Heroes RPG 2 No; Brainiac's Bane is superhero based so it would be like duplicating threads.
  • Firefly Yeah, sure. I've watched a little bit of this; it would be interesting
  • Character Development 1 No; if you could condense all help with writing and character developments into one thread it would be better
  • Hunger Games Yes, this would be interesting
  • High School RPG Yes; I'm indifferent to this one, though.

4. Kick Starting New Threads

I'm indifferent because I haven't participated in this one. If this thread comes back alive I'll invest the time to read through the posts so I can catch up and play. There was another thread called Vampires Et Al that seems interesting; everybody can come up with some kind of a vamp so it wouldn't be hard to kick start or redo.

9/20/2012 #5
Agent of Chaos

(I'm confused on whether 'yes' is keep or delete...so I will specify.)

• Nexus Arena 3 No, don't keep.
  • Zombie Apocalypse No, don't keep.
  • Character Development Game No, don't keep.
  • Writing Styles and methods and fun discussion stuff XD Yes, a version of this should probably be kept up.
  • Serious Off Topic Discussions No, don't keep. Unless at a later point we decide it might be useful.

• Zombie Pandemic No, don't keep.
  • Super Heroes RPG 2 No; Brainiac's Bane is basically the reboot.
  • Firefly Yes, keep. However, we should restart it.
  • Character Development 1 No, don't keep.
  • Hunger Games Yes, keep or maybe reboot. It's a big deal right now, I however have not read them so I will not be joining.
  • High School RPG No, don't keep.

4. Kick Starting New Threads

• Avatar Airbender RPG No, don't keep/indifferent. I don't much care for the Avatar Airbenders.
9/21/2012 . Edited 9/21/2012 #6
H-A-Cooke

The following threads, from the current discussion, have been deleted:

• Reflections Echo

The following still need a few more people's votes. To clarify: A 'Yes' vote is to KEEP the thread and a 'No' Vote is to DELETE. The numbers coming after the thread titles are for how many votes each for Yes (KEEP) and No (DELETE) have been cast.

• Alice and Wonderland Y: 0 N: 0
  • Fire vs. Ice Y: 0 N: 0
  • Captain Ward: Y:0 N:0
  • Fearless Y:0 N: 0

The following threads have been deleted. In the case they were re-created with a new title - look to Section 4 - Kick-starting New Threads.

• Writing Styles and methods and fun discussion stuff XD (Refer to Section 4 - Kick-starting New Threads)

This is the time for people who haven't voted to look at the Vote Count and Vote to Save or Delete the following threads.

• Nexus Arena 3 Y: 0 N:2
  • Zombie Apocalypse Y:0 N:2
  • Character Development Game Y:0 N:2

3. Re-Starting Old Threads

No threads have deleted yet. I encourage ALL previous posters to check the following threads for characters. They are remaining up in case you wish to save the information you wrote down.

• Zombie Pandemic Y:1 N: 1
  • Super Heroes RPG 2 Y:0 N:2
  • Firefly Y:2 N:0
  • Character Development 1 Y:0 N:2
  • Hunger Games Y:2 N:0
  • High School RPG Y:0 N:1 Indifferent:1

4. Kick-Starting New Threads

The following threads have been re-created or are being voted on to Keep (Yes) or Delete (No).

• Writing Workshop - Discussion and Help Desk (Previously: Writing Styles and methods and fun discussion stuff XD)

The threads below are suggested new threads:

I'm hoping to sort out the fate of these threads with the help of other Members - Alex, Ocelot, and Addison. Since I know you three have invested characters into quite a few of these threads. Let me know your opinions here at this thread!

3/10/2013 #7
H-A-Cooke

The following threads have been deleted, based on votes and disuse:

• High School RPG
  • Beta Finder (a thread that was created in hopes of creating a Beta network).

The following still need a few more people's votes. To clarify: A 'Yes' vote is to KEEP the thread and a 'No' Vote is to DELETE. The numbers coming after the thread titles are for how many votes each for Yes (KEEP) and No (DELETE) have been cast.

• Alice and Wonderland Y: 0 N: 0
  • Fire vs. Ice Y: 0 N: 0
  • Captain Ward: Y:0 N:0
  • Fearless Y:0 N: 0

The following threads have been deleted. In the case they were re-created with a new title - look to Section 4 - Kick-starting New Threads.

• Writing Styles and methods and fun discussion stuff XD (Refer to Section 4 - Kick-starting New Threads)

This is the time for people who haven't voted to look at the Vote Count and Vote to Save or Delete the following threads.

• Nexus Arena 3 Y: 0 N:2
  • Zombie Apocalypse Y:0 N:2
  • Character Development Game Y:0 N:2

3. Re-Starting Old Threads

No threads have deleted yet. I encourage ALL previous posters to check the following threads for characters. They are remaining up in case you wish to save the information you wrote down.

• Zombie Pandemic Y:1 N: 1
  • Super Heroes RPG 2 Y:0 N:2
  • Firefly Y:2 N:0
  • Character Development 1 Y:0 N:2
  • Hunger Games Y:2 N:0

4. Kick-Starting New Threads

The following threads have been re-created or are being voted on to Keep (Yes) or Delete (No).

• Writing Workshop - Discussion and Help Desk (Previously: Writing Styles and methods and fun discussion stuff XD)

The threads below are suggested new threads:

I'm hoping to sort out the fate of these threads with the help of other Members - Alex, Ocelot, and Addison. Since I know you three have invested characters into quite a few of these threads. Let me know your opinions here at this thread!

3/21/2013 #8
Alexander Starkiller

If it's alright, I'd just like to mention the only two threads I care about.

First, I'd like to see Combined Universe stay, if only for the hope that it goes somewhere. I liked that one.

Second... well, if no one wants to continue, there's no point in keeping Zombie Pandemic, but if people are still interested I've learned a lot more about zombie stuff thanks to the Walking Dead, and I'd like to use that knowledge.

3/22/2013 #9
FierceOcelot

Nexus Arena 3 is dead, I believe; Zombie Apoc. is dead as well; Zombie Pandemic, I've lost my interest and direction with that. Not sure.

I'd like to keep Combined Universe Wars.

3/23/2013 #10
MongooseDelta

Announcement: By request I have attempted to delete a bunch of spam threads. If one of them was yours, feel free to attempt to re-start it. But since I'm back at this if it doesn't appear to me to "fit" I may just delete it again. If you have suggestions or questions please run them by me.

Does anyone know if the other mods are active on here?

Peace, God Bless,

Mongoose

7/8/2013 #11
Monsieur-Dollface
I don't know, Mongoose. Fleur/H-A Cooke has been missing for awhile. I know she's more on Deviantart than on here however.
7/8/2013 #12
H-A-Cooke

i"m making a comeback! it's jus taken me a while to find time to return!

1/5 #13
Forum Moderators: Arem H-A-Cooke, MongooseDelta
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member