Writer's group numero cinco
I don't know why number five. I bet you'd be really confused if I said 'setenta y cinco', wouldn't you?
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 Next »
scharlie18

Reason #1: Because I'm amazing. Do you need another reason?

6/28/2010 #1
scharlie18

Reason #2: First post on the first topic. BUMP THAT! :P

6/28/2010 #2
scharlie18

Reason #3: Because I, as soon as roommate actually moves out, will have a single. YAY!

6/28/2010 #3
scharlie18

IKR? OMG I never actually thought she was going to move out. I thought I'd be stuck with her.

6/28/2010 #4
scharlie18

What? Like she was a bad roommate?

6/28/2010 #5
scharlie18

No, not at all. (Something just crashed. W**?) She was a fine roommate. We were really good roommates. But, we have completely different sleeping schedules, and now, I get to rearrange the room however I flipping want to.

6/28/2010 #6
scharlie18

That's so awesome! OMG I'd totally come over there and help you move stuff, but me and you are...well, kinda the same person. So, I will be there when you move out. I just won't be able to provide an extra set of hands. Sorry.

6/28/2010 #7
scharlie18

Lol, it's ok. I'm just excited that I don't have to live in this little tiny corner of the room anymore. Ugh.

AND THIS IS WHY I SHOULD NEVER STAY UP PAST "GETTING SLEEPY TIME" IN CASE ANYONE WAS WONDERING.

6/28/2010 #8
Thetis of White Isle

You can have one of my plush food items. I have a Chinese don tau (or egg tart) and a Japanese onigiri (or rice dumpling.) They are both awesome. I too, am suffering from insomnia.

Just to ask, is this the spam thread? Because heartily enjoy me some spam. Er, not the uh...canned kind. That stuff is disgusting.

To explain my avatar: there was this Japanese guy who owned a rabbit named Oolong. The rabbit liked to balance stuff on his head, most famous being a dorayaki (or this Japanese cake with red bean paste inside. Yeah, it looks like an occidental's pancake.) Somebody took one of the photos, and put text around which said, "I have no idea what you're talking about. So here's bunny with a pancake on its head." Hence, an Internet meme was born.

By Oolong was around long before the lolcats were. And is much cuter besides.

6/29/2010 #9
scharlie18

What are plush food items? I keep thinking of, like a plush rabbit, but it's not a rabbit, it's food. I'm not sure that's right. (That would be too amazing.)

Yes, this is totally a spam thread. Since I am in fact the moderator, I hereby decree that spam threads are in fact allowed. :D

But I wasn't so much suffering from insomnia as I was suffering from the tired crazies. I could have gone too bed, but I was too worked up.

I love the story about Oolong. That's hilarious. "So here's a bunny with a pancake on its head." Great stuff. Thumbs up.

And, hey question - you have a plush Chinese egg tart, a plush Japanese rice dumpling, and your avatar has a Japanese story behind it (well, sort of. You know what I mean). Obsession, much?

6/29/2010 #10
scharlie18

*sings*Now I might not be the worst or the best, but you gotta respect my honesty. And I might break your heart, but I don't think there's anybody as bombed as me. So you can take this chance. In the end, everybody's gonna be wondering how you deal. You might say this is Ludacris but Taio Cruz know how you feel. *starts dancing*

If you fall for me, I'm not easy to please. I might tear you apart. Told you from the start, baby, from the start. I'm only gonna break, break your, break, break your heart. *dances*

I'm very happy. :DDDDDDDD

6/29/2010 #11
Thetis of White Isle

Plush food items are exactly that: inanimate objects that resemble food. Sort of like stuffed animals except of...food. Now that I remember, I also have one of a popcorn box. (Made it in home ec m'self back in sixth grade.)

I'm making a habit of collecting interesting plush items. I also have a chocobo pillow (from Final Fantasy) and an invincibility star from Super Mario Bros. I hope to one day acquire a Dragon Quest slime plushie. It's not so much an obsession, but I think many Eastern people like cute things. Especially the Japanese. I happen to be Chinese, so this is not exactly a case of a being a lover of all things Eastern while not being of the culture. ^^;

6/29/2010 #12
scharlie18

You know, as soon as I posted that, I realized that with my luck, especially with the day I've had, you'd come back and say "You know, I am Asian." Of course, my scenario, involved you also being kinda pissed, because I'm paranoid like that, so, I'm glad that you decided not to follow my scenario to the letter. :)

You made the popcorn box yourself? Awesome. I've always wished I could sew. I mean, I know it's not hard, but it's the dimensions I have problems with. Measurements hate me, my brain can never figure them out. I love math. Hate measurements. It's weird.

I have a (small) collection of the plush viruses and bacteria and stuff. I forget what they're called. I love them. They're so cute. I know I have mono and the common cold, but I forget what the other one was. It looked like a lima bean.

And now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go google Dragon Quest slime. (All I know about that is that my brother played DQ #7 and absolutely loved it, though it took him ages to beat.)

6/29/2010 #13
scharlie18

Okay, so you see the ** up in my previous post? I meant to post a word that meant angry (starts with a 'p' and ends with an 'issed'), but I didn't realize that they'd block the word. I know they block things, but...that one I don't understand.

I just thought I'd clarify, if you were wondering.

6/29/2010 #14
Thetis of White Isle

Funny, the edited word is showing up on the post reference in quick reply. Odd. Don't worry; I do tend to be obsessive about other things, like my work. Just not over stuffed animals. ;) The reason I have a collection of stuffed food is that I'm something of a baker. I think my old baking blog's still up, but I'd have to send it you via PM or something. Unless I can put...lemme try... http:// rabbit-cafe.blogspot.com / Just remove them spaces.

I suck at sewing actually. I'm making my first real quilt, as in applique and curves--patchwork kinda, and it's an unmitigated disaster. . I'm on block...twelve or so...? And I'm wondering if I have enough fabric in the blocks to piece them together.

Plush viruses and bacteria? Oooh...I'd like me some salmonella in stuffed form. Not the other kind.

6/29/2010 #15
scharlie18

Yes, I love my plush viruses. They're called Giant Microbes (I remembered the name), and they have all sorts of them, including all sorts of food related ones. I'm pretty sure they have salmonella and e coli.

However much you suck at sewing, I suck worse. Trust me. I can't even sew on buttons straight. Though I can tell that running out of fabric would be bad.

I'm jealous of your ability to cook. Well, no. More accurately, I'm jealous of your zeal for cooking. It's the kind of thing I really should do more often than I do, but...I almost never do. I like to make chocochip cookies, though. :D

6/29/2010 #16
Thetis of White Isle

Mmmm...e. coli...I have a squishable of a cow. It is quite luridly obese. Other than the stuffed foods, my collection is unremarkable.

It's hard to explain my conundrum...I have more than enough fabric for the quilt, but I pieced it wrong, so the seams are all wrong. They are quite ugly. :D

Actually. 'M more of a baker. Tarts, cakes, cupcakes, cookies, muffins, yeast breads...I actually don't eat much of it--I bake it for other people. My mom has a lot of bake sales at her work place...

Chocolate chip cookies? I have a few good recipes. Maybe we should start a recipe thread... ^^

6/29/2010 #17
scharlie18

You can start a thread. I wouldn't be able to add much to it. I just use the standard sugar, flour, baking soda, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, and chocochips. Nothing special. In fact, usually, I just use the recipe that comes on the back of the bag of chocochips. *shrugs* Usually works out well.

6/29/2010 #18
scharlie18

I remember one year, my mom made a xmas stocking for my sister (who didn't have a stocking at that point). Mom bought one of those kits that design the stocking for you, and you just have to put it together. So, she sews it all together, and it's all good. Only, there's this teddy bear that's hanging onto Santa's arm. And you can remove the teddy from the stocking, and it's all good. (It's kinda strange, but that's the way the stocking instructions went, so, whatever.) Well, when Mom finished the stocking, she realized that she had sewn the teddy bear the wrong way. Instead of sewing on inside out, and then flipping it so the seams were on the inside, the seams were on the outside. When she had finished the stocking, she pointed it out to me, and said something along the lines of, "I'm going to leave it that way as a reminder that we all make mistakes." Your seams mistake made me think of that.

6/29/2010 #19
person is gone

Plushie viruses :D I have the rhinovirus and a yellow HIV one, and there's a BSE (Mad Cow Disease) lying around the house somewhere... XD I didn't know other people knew about these!

7/15/2010 #20
scharlie18

Yeah, there's a store that sells them maybe...5 minutes from where I live. (Though, my brother actually bought two of them for me online.) I have the Common Cold, Mono, and the Flu. :D I love them. They're so cute!

I looked up the mad cow one - it's adorable! I want it!

7/15/2010 #21
person is gone

They aaaare adorable. When my dad first gave me the rhinovirus, he threw it at me and I caught it, and he said, "Oh no, you caught a cold!"

I've been pulling that one on everyone who sees it ever since XD

7/15/2010 #22
scharlie18

I did the same with my friends when I bought my Common Cold. :D It's kind of cheesy, but it's fun!

7/15/2010 #23
Thetis of White Isle

This doesn't count for much, but I do happen to have a Hello Kitty sewing machine. Yes, a bona fide sewing machine that stitches backwards and forwards and does satin stitches to boot! I also have a Hello Kitty key chain, but I suppose that's not as...exotic.

I heard they have Hello Kitty AK-47's. Not official ones, but you can get one of 'em with Hello Kitty on it.

7/15/2010 #24
scharlie18

That's weird. The AK-47 thing. I don't know if I could take anyone with one of those seriously. I would just have to laugh. And then, I'd probably get shot. (At least, I'd die laughing.)

I love Hello Kitty. That's awesome that you have a Hello Kitty sewing machine. That's just...:D

7/15/2010 #25
Thetis of White Isle

Got a Hello Kitty bento straight from Japan. My brother also got me a stuffed kiwi and a ram from New Zealand. Both make sound effects when squeezed. I didn't know kiwis sounded like low-pitched cicadas. O_o; The ram is a little loud when it baa's.

7/28/2010 #26
scharlie18

I have a ladybug that makes a sort of chittering noise. o_O

Kind of reminds me about that joke about the blonde who hid in a sack of potatoes. You know...

Three girls were on the run from the cops - a red head, a brunette, and a blonde. During the subsequent high speed chase the red head spotted a potato farm and suggested that the girls should hide out there.

Once at the farm all three girls girls climbed into a potato sack. The cops came to the potato farm, looked around, but saw no sign of the girls. The sheriff started kicking potato sacks to see if maybe they were hiding.

The sheriff kicked the bag with the red head in it and she yelped "Bark Bark" so they thought it was a dog. He kicked another sack, this one with the brunette in it, and she said "Meow Meow" so they thought it was a cat. Finally, just as the sheriff was about to give up - he kicked one last bag, with the blonde inside, and heard "POTATO!"

That's what your kiwi reminds me of. Yup. :)

7/28/2010 #27
Thetis of White Isle

But...um...kiwis from New Zealand...I thought they were a kind of bird? O_O

7/28/2010 #28
scharlie18

Yes. They are. I was thinking of the fruit.

7/28/2010 #29
Thetis of White Isle

"KIWI!" (A giant kiwi leaps out and bites my face off.)

Well. Had to take care of the awkward silence there somehow.

On the trip to the anime convention, to wake me up in the morning, my brother grabbed my stuffed sheep, and squeezed it. And I awoke to the mellifluous sound of baaing in my ears. That stuffed animals is very cute, but darn, does it make a racket.

While at the convention, I also bought new stuffed animals. Another onigiri, this one with a rather...distressed expression on its face, the other a California roll. Yes, the sushi. They make plush sushi. I tried to find the girl who makes the daikon radishes but she wasn't there this year. :(

8/1/2010 #30
Page 1 2 Next »
Forum Moderators: scharlie18
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member