What about the manga section?
What are the difference between the manga section and the others here on FP? Why is it so popular in comparison? Discuss something-anything- ...and you'll get an answer. Pretty cool people on this site.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »
Open your eyes Chopstick

yeah...i dont think i'll ever play beer pong. haha...i'll die. especially since i have a feeling everyone will gang up on me.

yeah, i think i might buy your book too TK. Although i might not have given you a glowing review, i still think it's interesting enough...i enjoy reading books more than stuff on the internet, so that might make a difference. (since, one of the reasons i was iffy on it was the length...i dont like reading long chapters on the internet. it hurts my eyes.)

7/31/2010 #301
Victoria Stokes

same here choppy! my eyes actually will start becoming bloodshot. my sister calls me a vampire cause of it. i feel bad cause all my chapters are 5 to 9 pages on word, and i'm like, "oh god, no one's going to have the patience to read this." but posting a whole chapter as 2 different chapters feels stupid. like, it's ONE chapter! sorry about that chopstick -.-

and okay TK, amazon is fine :D i'll buy it there when money finds its way back to me.

7/31/2010 #302
TK Anez

I think print books really do make all of the difference. I really can't read stuff on the internet that well, I can see why you had a problem with the length. But I hope you buy it and turn out to like it :)

7/31/2010 #303
Kaos Ninja9

yeah, long chapters are hard on the eyes on the computer, that's why I usually read on my PSP. It's much kinder to the eyes! I thought the same thing about splitting up chapters, but I found a way to make it work. all the chapters for Legend of the Spells are split in half for fp. They'd be ridiculously long otherwise.

7/31/2010 #304
Open your eyes Chopstick

yeah...i dont really have problems with my chapter lengths. they're mostly 4 pages or 2 pages. Have a few chapters that's longer, but see, i write my chapters in scenes. Maybe when i start the editing process, the chapters would form and flow better.

reading stuff on the internet...yeah, that's why i dont do alot of reviews anymore. my eyesite already sucks, i don't want to make it worst. haha

7/31/2010 #305
Open your eyes Chopstick

yeah ninja...your chapters ARE long. i think i mentioned that too you before, but your story is good. I like the whole fantasy world to it. :)

7/31/2010 #306
aka Providence

I prefer reading from books instead of reading from a computer. I don't know, it just feels more comfortable for me; I can read an entire book without even stopping until I finish it, but when it comes to the computer, I'm fine for about thirty minutes, and then "ooh, what new h*** will I find today?"

And then I realize that I'm somewhere that has more females than males. Ooh, awkward.

Anyway, long chapters don't really bother me. The Discworld novels usually don't have chapters, and I can read them without stopping from start to finish.

7/31/2010 . Edited 7/31/2010 #307
Open your eyes Chopstick

haha and yet, MH, you kept that line in your post when you could have delteted that awkwardness. haha

7/31/2010 #308
aka Providence

I'm still holding back a little, though. Ha ha ha! Probably.

7/31/2010 #309
Victoria Stokes

haha ninja, i seriously love your story. it's one of my favs, so idc if the chapters are long.

and idk what's awkward O_o but alright masked hero. but yeah, books are a lot better to read. i just finished this book called Gone yesterday, and i've seriously been reading it for four months and it's only 500 pages. i read so many books in between, it just wasn't doing it for me. . . something about that author was just boring, but the storyline was great!

7/31/2010 #310
Open your eyes Chopstick

oh mann...off topic, but i was looking at my story stats and i cant help but think "why does this story have more reviews than my other story?!" I mean, I'm not trying to put down my stories (that will be insulting), but i seriously don't understand why this one story has more hits/reviews than the other. Which goes back to why i made this forum to begin with. ughh...im trying my best to promote my other story more too, but it's not working.

okay. enough of my rant. just gotta let it go...

oh, by the way victoria, i bleed today. If you still want help in describing blood, i now have something to look at so i can be of some help now. ^^

7/31/2010 #311
Open your eyes Chopstick

haha vicky, if you wanna know why MH's comment was akward, look up the word "h***." lol

7/31/2010 #312
TK Anez

Which of your stories are you talking about?

7/31/2010 #313
Open your eyes Chopstick

wait TK...are you talking to me? or Ninja?

7/31/2010 #314
Victoria Stokes

i think it's cause you get a lot more manga maniacs than fantasy. and it's okay i finished describing the blood chopstick xD

and alright. . . urbandictionary.com here i come!

7/31/2010 #315
TK Anez

I meant chopstick.... You're getting more hits than reviews on which one?

7/31/2010 #316
aka Providence

Ha ha ha... I'm actually pretty amazed that there's still someone who doesn't know what h*** is.

7/31/2010 #317
Victoria Stokes

well, i just looked it up on urbandictionary. THAT IS SICK. ruined the tastiness of my avocado.

7/31/2010 #318
aka Providence

Ha ha ha... well, the urbandictionary is overreacting a bit in its definition, kinda. It's basically just p***, only animated.

Eh, I can't say p***?

7/31/2010 . Edited 7/31/2010 #319
Open your eyes Chopstick

TK: on all my stories, i'm getting more hits than reviews. haha. i mean, the story your reading of mine right now, i got 20 hits, but only 4 reviews, which most of them are yours. lol.

but um, it's finding karma. i'm hella winging it, but it has more reviews and hits than a princess summoning. a part of me thinks its cuz there's more manga readers on here, so my fantasy section story wont get many looks (which is what i was talking to dice about in the beginning of this whole post/forum). i kind of want to switch it into manga, but i wont. I wouldn't feel right doing that.

MH: Victoria is just innocent. and probably doesn't read those kinds of mangas, or is surrounded by them (I have brothers, so thats why i know what you were talking about)

7/31/2010 #320
aka Providence

Look on the bright side: you only saw one definition, and you didn't see a pic.

7/31/2010 #321
Open your eyes Chopstick

yeah, i guess you can't MH.

oh, so you looked it up vic? haha. gross, huh? lol.

7/31/2010 #322
TK Anez

You should definitely switch it to manga. The word 'Princess' is in the title. That + manga section = lots of reviews. Trust me, I researched all of this before I decided where I was going to put Ishiki lol.

And I have to agree with MH, good thing you didn't see pics haha

7/31/2010 #323
Victoria Stokes

yeah i don't get why people don't review when they read it. i have about 10 visitors for each chapter (except the first 3 or so have a lot more than that), but have no idea who they are except for the maybe 1 or 2 people who leave reviews! but people obviously read it unless they just flip through it for kicks haha. and i think you should switch it to the manga section, chopstick. if you want more readers, sometimes you got to sacrifice!

is my innocence really that obvious? D: oh well. and yes i looked it up. and now i am very glad i didn't look it up on google. images would not have been appreciated.

7/31/2010 #324
aka Providence

The reaction makes me feel nostalgic, though. It was almost like mine when I first found out about h***... ten-something years ago.

7/31/2010 #325
TK Anez

I think some people get shy when they read something.. When I used to be on FP when I was 14, I was super shy about reviewing. Also, I think some people like the story, but don't know why they like it. Then they might not want to leave a seemingly dumb sounding review. Also, when I used to be on here all those years ago, I used to print out the stories rather than read them on the computer because my eyesight is pretty bad. Then I wouldn't review because it's kind of inconvenient.

7/31/2010 #326
Open your eyes Chopstick

mmm...okay. i think i'll switch it and see if it makes a difference.

and yeah....google actually doesn't show the images of henti. i checked.

7/31/2010 #327
Victoria Stokes

hahahaha chopstick, that made me laugh. it just sounded so weird xD

and that does make sense TK. i never though shyness would be the issue! seems odd.

7/31/2010 #328
Open your eyes Chopstick

did i sound weird? the only reason i checked was cuz i wanted to make sure i knew what i was talking about....mmm... whatever. haha

shyness? mmm...that does make sense i guess. i can't really picture it though. probably cuz im not a shy person...so why will others be shy? it's the internet. be bold. haha

7/31/2010 #329
TK Anez

Well, when I was 14, I assumed everyone here was like 20, so I never wanted to review because I thought "Why would they want to hear from a little kid like me? They'll want to make fun of me if I review." Which isn't very logical, but it made sense at the time. Obviously I've grown out of that phase :P

7/31/2010 #330
« Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Open your eyes Chopstick
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member