What about the manga section?
What are the difference between the manga section and the others here on FP? Why is it so popular in comparison? Discuss something-anything- ...and you'll get an answer. Pretty cool people on this site.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Open your eyes Chopstick

Okay, because if this forum ever gets people posting, i wanted to make sure there isn't any self-plugs anywhere in the other topics. If you want to share your story, here's where it goes. Self plug to your heart's content!

for me....go read both "Finding Karma" (manga) and "A Princess Summoning" (fantasy). They're both good. :) just clicky my name!

7/6/2010 #1
Charming Dice

Self-plugs? Ha. Okay, I'll give it a try. I have my own forum with a unique review game. I'm trying to gather as much knowledge of this site and writing in general as possible. Post something informative and helpful in my forum, and I'll review a chapter of your story. Looking for reviews? I'll do it personally. Just play my game, first.

That's my infomercial for the day.

7/6/2010 #2
Open your eyes Chopstick

okay, cool. what's the forum called? I'll check it out. :)

7/6/2010 #3
Charming Dice

I deleted it. As much as I love marketing, I can't be bothered with managing a forum. I realized that after I made it. It was probably the shortest lifespan of a forum in internet history. Review one of my old poems, though, and I'll review you back. Ignore the stories. My best stuff is deleted, and what's little is left is still around just to remind people I don't suck.

7/7/2010 #4
Open your eyes Chopstick

ooohhhh okay. haha. i'll look at it. :) oh, and if ur going to look at my story, how about "A Princess Summoning"? It's a fantasy. Or, since I'm just going to review one of your poems, feel free to just read a poem of mine. :)

7/7/2010 #5
Charming Dice

Sounds good to me.

7/7/2010 #6
ryder631

Self plugs? God knows I could use those...

Please read Carthage (historical action/ war) and Last Of Our Kind (fantasy) I do have a third story called Government Secrets (thriller), but the plot sucks and I would advise you to read at your own risk.

8/11/2010 #7
Fox Trot 9

Oooh, self plugs. I could use those...

Please, please, please read Huang Ying (Manga). It's my first original story; it only has two chapters up, but give it a chance, people. Give it a freaking chance! Please. Pretty please. Please with a cherry on top.

1/6/2011 #8
cpjones

I could use this too - If anyone is interested in a new story, I'll recommend reading 'Victoria the Knight'

Its in the beginning stages, but hopefully you'll find it good enough to keep you interested

1/10/2011 #9
cpjones

double post

1/10/2011 . Edited 1/10/2011 #10
Louis-sama

Maybe I can use this. Please read Mahou Daigen: Magic Attorney Yuki Reeds. That's all...

1/15/2011 #11
Kanari Toneriko

Hi. :D I'm super new to this forum thing. Please read Schemer's Chaos. Just one story. I'm more of a random reader.

1/17/2011 #12
Kanari Toneriko

Hi. :D I'm super new to this forum thing. Please read Schemer's Chaos. Just one story. I'm more of a random reader.

1/17/2011 #13
ryder631

OK, so I'm using this self plug forum again. Yes, that's sort of sad, but I'm desperate for reviews. So, please read "State of Mind". I like to call it a psychological thriller, but the beginning is more drama-ish. It's also my NaNo novel, so you know... It's not art.

1/20/2011 #14
MercedesPhoenix

Hello everyone! Okay, here's me, self-plugging everything.

I have a forum that I created called Manga is EPIC! and it deals with anything and everything manga. So go check it out, because it's so new no one has posted yet.

Also, I'm gonna plug my stories even though they aren't manga. The two I want you to check out are Bound and After the Storm. Also, once those are finished, I will be doing manga stories. Put me on your Author Alerts list to find out when that might happen!

Well, that's pretty much it! And I will try to check out these stories! I've been looking for good manga lately.

1/23/2011 #15
Kristine Parks

Hi!

I'm new in fiction press. I just uploaded a romance/drama story.

It's more of a manga writing style, but still... I'd like to hear insights, thoughts and critique's of everyone - it would help me a lot to enhance more of my skills.

Here's the link: Because I will always love you.

It's starts with a love at first sight scene between two different individuals.

A laid back woman named Aya and a popular athlete boy named Gin.

Aya doesn't believe in true love nor love at first sight, well... not until she meets Gin during her internship.

I would probably say that the twists and interesting parts goes when they are already a couple - more on relationship development.

3/30/2011 #16
DestinyKakeru

Hmm, I could do with some self-plugging...

So far I've written only 3 manga-related muses (that are in English - the rest are in Chinese). You can check them out: The Disappearance of Takumi Kuromiya (a parody based on Nagaru Tanigawa's light novel The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya), The Boredom of Takumi Kuromiya (on hiatus, a parody based on Nagaru-san's The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya) and Romansu Kuronikuru (a poem inspired from CLAMP's Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle).

I would really appreciate if you could give me critiques on my writings! I don't mind harsh comments, as long as they can help me improve my work further.

4/7/2011 #17
Erich Sturmburg

Self-plugging, eh? Been some several years since I last even did it, just to keep myself low-profile, haha. But in any case, here's one from me.

Europa Theatre

Basically it's your usual "Character from real world gets transported to another world", though I've done it in such a way where the "Another world feels like an alternate real world". And those old veterans of Fictionpress, yes, Outlaw02 here. I've finally changed my pen name to something much more relevant and well, less... rebellious sounding.

And wondering where I had been all along during my hiatus? I was in youtube.

IL-2 Sturmovik 1946: Epic Fails and Close Calls Series

6/20/2011 . Edited 6/20/2011 #18
Tedi-Medoru

I'm Tedi-Medoru, a manga lover and hopefully, a future Novelist.

I wrote Senji Works and Choose your Ending!

Senji Work may have a bad beginning but it gets better as you read further and Choose Your ending! will certainly give you a bitter feeling.

I also recently wrote Ghostly Mysteries, a murder mystery series that I hope will get as much popularity as my other stories.

6/21/2011 #19
Eytha

I'm not really comfortable with doing this, but I figured I've been here long enough that I might at least outline my works with a little more details. If you're interested this might help you, but then again my profile page has information as well.

The Inner Man - An anime styled story written as 27 episodes following the chaos and mis-adventures of Chiko, who by misfortune witnessed something important enough that the largest criminal organization in Tokyo wants him dead. Barely escaping his first encounter with his life, he is taken into witness protection, but this is the future so a new name and life means more. He was supposed to have been transferred into a new body to complete his new life, but a mistake dumps him into the body of an eight-year old girl with semi-super-human strength and magical girl powers to boot. Thus begins Chiko new life as an elementary school girl struggling to balance homework, assassins, crazy doctors and boys. (A comedy, action and drama all balanced with a very unusual spin on magical girls.)

Flesh is for Gods - An anime styled story written as 13 episodes, is set far into the future where AI has developed to the point of near-sentient. However, the world was ravaged by two machine wars that left heavy restrictions on AI development and the place of machines in the world. The fear of rogue machines had all but disappeared from the public's mind feeling calm once more. Shattered in an instant, terrorist attacks by fringe machine elements throws the world back into terror and confusion spinning all into chaos. Caught in the middle of the maelstrom is Satoru and Asami, their budding romance holds the final key to the survival for all. (A romance, drama and semi-action paints a tragic and grim setting with inspiration coming from Chobits.)

Shift - A manga styled story that is ongoing with more than 100 chapters, follows the journey of the young teenager Yuki discovering the great destiny that was left to him. Yuki's, seemingly normal, life is turned upside down with the arrival of a girl, Ayumi, to his school. Pretending to be a transfer student, the reality of Ayumi's identity is more than Yuki planned for. She declares to him that he is the heir of an unknown land that is in desperate need of him, however those seeking to take control don't want him to ever make it. Yuki only had to thinking about the next manga he was going to buy before, but assassins, powers to bring imagination into reality and friends in danger nothing is ever going to be the same for him again. (An action, comedy and drama it is part deconstruction and part parody of everything that makes Shounen Jump manga so popular.)

Twin Moon - A manga styled story that is ongoing, follows the very ordinary, but ridiculous lucky Mitsuru and Tsukiko. The two live with their adopted Grandfather in a temple that protects the mythical "Demon's Door" said to have been the source of demon's in ancient times. Unaware of the destiny that has been set for them, they find themselves in the company of one pretty boy and beautiful girl after another that only complicate their simple lives. You thought one protagonist with a harem surrounding them was entertainment enough, learn what happens when two harems collide under the same roof. (A romance and comedy with a dash of drama this is inspired by the many harems and reverse harems out there to do something unfathomable, running both at the same time and see if the heroes can survive the attention.)

Advanced Response Machine AESIR - An anime styled story that is ongoing, follows the estranged Shizuka forced to witness the destruction of her home and then thrown in the middle of eminent war with a seemingly unprepared Earth. Shizuka is told she must pilot one of the humanoid weapons known as AESIR if they are to survive. She will soon learn along with all of those of Earth, the bitterness of war and the pain of those who can never forget. (A mecha, action and war drama with heavy inspiration from Gundam and other mecha shows.)

7/7/2011 #20
Yuuenchi

Figured I'd self-plug the release of chapter 2 for both ChoCon (Chocolate Confessions) and Flight of the Kestryl, as well as a revised chapter 1 for the same (mostly tweaking the format to bring it into line with my other stories, and fixing the errors that passed under the radar the first time aroound)

5/23/2013 #21
riverstardust

This forum dead too? o.o

6/14/2013 #22
Lolitroy

Forums are deserting, Starry T-T

7/10/2013 #23
Fox Trot 9

Hey there. Yeah, it's been a LONG time since I was last on this site. Anyway, please check out my latest escapade into fiction, Behind the Mirror. It's a short story cycle that I'm very proud of... ( _ )

8/6/2013 #24
Forum Moderators: Open your eyes Chopstick
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member