What about the manga section?
What are the difference between the manga section and the others here on FP? Why is it so popular in comparison? Discuss something-anything- ...and you'll get an answer. Pretty cool people on this site.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Charming Dice

I'm finally back! I finished the first chapter of my new story. Or at least the first part of the prologue. I feel good.

I have that nervous/excited energy. I fit right in here, with all the other crazies of the manga section.

7/16/2010 #1
Open your eyes Chopstick

You're back!!!

oh, so your story isn't in the other sections huh? Yup, nervous/excited energy. that's what makes the manga section. haha.

What's the story called...and what's it about? If i have time, I'll look at it and give you a review. :)

7/16/2010 #2
Charming Dice

It be of the name Rent-A-Wizard. And I be liking it. If for no other reason than the fact that it's the first time I've ever felt comfortable writing 1st person.

7/17/2010 #3
Open your eyes Chopstick

really? I'm more of a first person pov writer.....of course, none of you guys would know that cuz I'm trying to practice third person narrative here on FP. This is why I tend to switch tenses a lot. opps.

Okay, cool. I'll check your story out when I have time. :)

7/17/2010 #4
Charming Dice

Thanks for reading my beautiful disaster. I appreciate it much.

And I really can't tell that you don't write 3rd person often. I was never great at noticing POV mistakes, especially since some people tend to not italicize their character's thoughts. That makes it hard to tell if you switched POV style, of if your crazy character is just thinking to him/herself.

7/17/2010 #5
Open your eyes Chopstick

That's true. That's why I've been telling people to put it in italics. I used to not do that....and yeah, i got people telling me to change it. haha. It works much better with italics for thoughts.

7/18/2010 #6
Kaos Ninja9

I use italics and single quotes for thoughs since I also use italics for emphasis. I've seen some use capitals for that but it seems more like the character is yelling than emphasizing the word to me.

7/18/2010 #7
Open your eyes Chopstick

hey dice? you said you can't do funny. this story was funny though. you lied?! tisk tisk. good job though

7/19/2010 #8
Charming Dice

I can't do funny on purpose. That chapter I wrote is nothing like I originally planned it. Not even close. But I decided to keep it, since I didn't ruin my plot. That's why the genres are Fantasy/Adventure, not Fantasy/Humor. I write (and talk) so you can decide for yourself whether or not to laugh or take it seriously, or both. I'm seriously joking and joking seriously. Something for everyone.

Make sense, Choppy?

7/19/2010 #9
Open your eyes Chopstick

Yup, it makes sense Dice. Thanks for clearing that up for me. haha

7/21/2010 #10
Charming Dice

I be comeedien. Sleepy comeedien.

7/21/2010 #11
Forum Moderators: Open your eyes Chopstick
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member