Intermission
Wanted: Playwrights, young and old, aspiring and experienced, stuck for and overflowing with-ideas-, it's intermission--feel free to talk all you want. And for those who just love the theatre but don't want to write for it, you're welcome too. Hurry up-
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Revriley

Do you have a favorite play or playwright? Feel free to talk about them here!

Some of my favorite plays include Our Town, by Thornton Wilder, The Elephant Man, by someone who I can't remember right now, and Six Characters in Search of an Author, by Luigi Pirandello

7/18/2010 #1
PianoMan921

My favorite plays include The Importance of Being Earnest [Oscar Wilde] , Macbeth [Shakespeare], The Glass Menagerie [Tennessee Williams] and The Mikado [W.S Gilbert w/ music by Aurthur Sullivan]

I was in the last one over the summer :)

9/1/2010 #2
Revriley

Wow! (Is impressed)

Who did you play?

9/1/2010 #3
Lorraabe

A Streetcar Named Desire by Tennessee Williams! Although I don't really like the part where Stanley bedded with Blanche. :(

10/19/2010 #4
PianoMan921

I was Pooh-Bah in Mikado, I haven't been in Menagerie but I played Dr. Chasuble in Earnest [Although I filled in for Algernon one time in rehearsal] and I was the messanger [the one in the first scene, who tells Duncan that Macbeth has won the battle] in Macbeth

11/30/2010 #5
S. N. Sedivec

Favorites:

Lynn Nottage (Intimate Apparel, Ruined); Sarah Ruhl (The Clean House, Dead Man's Cell Phone, & Eurydice *favorite play*); La Vida de Suena; Marlowe, Six Characters in Search of an Author; Sondheim (Sweeney Todd, Into the Woods); August Osage County, The Last Five Years, Jen Silverman (Akarui, Gilgamesh's Game, Yellow City); Tony Meneses (White Elephant, Las Hermanas Padilla); Henrik Ibsen; Goodnight-Mother, Rabbit Hole...Just to name a few. :)

6/17/2011 #6
Revriley

Oh, well, if we're talking musicals then I love tons of those...Sweeney Todd and Into the Woods definitely are awesome.

6/17/2011 #7
S. N. Sedivec

I added Sondheim because his ability to story tell is incredible. "No, no, never lied. Only said she took the poision- never said that she died." Brilliant!

7/21/2011 #8
fantazia

my favorite plays are Broadway musicals (what can I say? music speaks to me). they include RENT, Phantom of the Opera, Cats, Les Miserable, etc. I haven't seen Wicked yet but I intend to

10/8/2011 #9
Revriley

Meh, I don't really want to see Wicked. I do like Les Miserables though, and have recently discovered Avenue Q. Love most musicals in general.

Side note on plays--I got the role of Lavach the Clown in Shakespeare's All's Well that Ends Well, that the Shakespeare Club at my high school is putting on.

I am a girl. And I have to make crude sexual jokes about how anyone can sleep with my wife and I'm cool.

...This will be interesting.

10/9/2011 #10
fantasybookworm2012
Annie I have no idea who wrote that but the film adaptation was amazing and Alice in Winderland(I was I this one.)
12/22/2012 #11
Forum Moderators: Revriley
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member