The Weather Centre: And I Need a Job, so I Wanna Be A Paperback Writer
The forum for people who want to go pro. Featuring: a weekly workshop for novelists, query letter & synopsis critiques, an indie/self-pub section, and a place for story brainstorming (TWC mk. 1 holla).
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
notveryalice

Hello? Is it me you're looking for?

RULES

1. You're welcome to jump right in to other threads, but if you want to introduce yourself, here's the place to do it. Tell us who you are and what you want us to call you.

2. Please try to move to OT before the thread gets too off-track!

8/9/2010 . Edited 10/4/2012 #1
Jealous Rage

Hey, everybody. I'm Don. I'm a mod here now, so I figured I'd take the opportunity to introduce myself. I'm Canadian, I write mostly Supernatural/modern Fantasy stories, and I enjoy documentaries. I like to read as much as I can. Started with high fantasy back in the day, and now I mostly stick to Urban Fantasy and biographical/autobiographical books. I'm a big fan of metal and hard rock music, and many sports. That's about it.

Welcome to the Weather Centre.

10/7/2012 #2
taerkitty

Hi, Don. You look vaguely familiar for some reason.

I'm Taer, or TK, or tKitty. There are many other feline-named FF/FP members for me to just go by 'kitty.'

I'm over in the Seattle, WA, US area. Weather here is fine - we're just starting to break into fall, so it's still warm, but the trees are starting to glow with their annual glory.

I'm primarily over in FF.net right now because that's where my obsession is taking me. Specifically, I've found a very dynamic forum community for a Japanese anime/manga series entitled Gunslinger Girl. I have an incomplete work of modern fantasy here which I will get back to someday.

I'm a geek by trade, but I'm trying not to write about computers overly much. I'm here to escape my job, not live it again. I'm also an Aspie, and writing helps me practice something termed 'Theory of Mind', which is basically the ability to see things from another person's point of view. With fiction, there are at least two other PoVs to consider - the readers', and then one PoV for each character, because everyone is exposed to different subsets of events, and everyone has their own history and filter through which they will experience the same.

Feel free to PM me or ask me anything over in the OT thread(s).

10/7/2012 #3
notveryalice

Hi taerkitty! I'm so glad to see you back here again. I recognise you from your introductory post in the old WC.

Welcome to the new WC! I hope you'll stick around.

10/11/2012 #4
Forum Moderators: notveryalice Jealous Rage
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member