The Weather Centre: And I Need a Job, so I Wanna Be A Paperback Writer
The forum for people who want to go pro. Featuring: a weekly workshop for novelists, query letter & synopsis critiques, an indie/self-pub section, and a place for story brainstorming (TWC mk. 1 holla).
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
notveryalice

This thread is for announcements pertinent to forum members as a whole, but that are NOT publishing industry opportunities. We'll post news about the forum here.

This thread is also for your announcements. Holding a competition? Raising money to help kittens? Promote here!

RULES

1. This thread is for announcements about the forum and announcements submitted by forum members that are not writing/publishing opportunities (for writing/publishing opportunities, go to Sunny Skies).

2. Unless otherwise specified in the thread, send announcements to mods. We'll post things that we think meet FP's rules and our members will be interested in. Things like: your birthday is coming up. You finished your book! You started college. You got accepted into a literary journal OMG. You found an excellent charity and they're holding a bakesale.

3. If you have an opportunity for our members that has to do with the publishing world and you'd like to share it, please go to Sunny Skies.

8/9/2010 . Edited 11/12/2012 #1
notveryalice

WE'RE HOSTING PRO AUTHORS

Bram Stoker Award nominated horror & bizarro author Jeremy C. Shipp will be answering questions on TWC! He's the bestselling author of Attic Clowns and Vacation and has edited the awesome anthology Aberrations, featuring short stories by Scott Nicholson and Lisa Tuttle, among others.

I thought it would be nice to split the interview so you guys have a chance to ask him questions. I'll also be providing a few of my own. Please respond to this thread with questions you'd like to ask Jeremy, and I'll email him the final list. This opportunity will close on Monday, 19th November.

11/12/2012 . Edited 11/12/2012 #2
Dr. Self Destruct

I'd like to know about his revision process. Maybe a question like this:

"How much does your work change/grow from when you first begin to the moment you finally decide you're 'finished'? And do you believe a work of writing is ever really finished, or just abandoned?"

Feel free to re-word it if you want. Not sure if that's specific enough, haha.

11/12/2012 . Edited 11/12/2012 #3
Forum Moderators: notveryalice Jealous Rage
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member