Against that time, if ever that time come,
When I shall see thee frown on my defects,
When as thy love hath cast his utmost sum,
Called to that audit by advis'd respects;
Against that time when thou shalt strangely pass,
And scarcely greet me with that sun, thine eye,
When love, converted from the thing it was,
Shall reasons find of settled gravity;
Against that time do I ensconce me here,
Within the knowledge of mine own desert,
And this my hand, against my self uprear,
To guard the lawful reasons on thy part:
To leave poor me thou hast the strength of laws,
Since why to love I can allege no cause.
1. Posts about the submission process only, please. This includes: getting a literary agent, submitting to journals, submitting to editors.
2. Constructive, positive discussion is encouraged. So is childish whining.
3. You're allowed to mention rejections you've gotten but it is not a good idea. If an agent you're submitting to happens to find this thread and sees that your manuscript has been rejected by a million different people, you're less likely to get representation.
4. Off topic posts will be moved or deleted.
5. DISCLAIMER: Even though I am in fact a literary agency intern, I cannot give advice about how to submit to the agency I work for (or even tell you which one it is). My opinions are my own, and are my opinions as a writer, not as an intern.8/9/2010 . Edited 10/12/2012 #1
1. Absolute Write's Background Check -
Is that agent/publisher legitimate? Unfortunately, there are a lot of dishonest people out there who want to take advantage of hopeful writers. Fortunately for us, Absolute Write keeps track of them here. Detailed discussion and information on agents & publishers.
2. Preditors & Editors -
Pred-Ed has a bigger database than Absolute Write, but offers less detail.10/5/2012 . Edited 10/12/2012 #2
|Forum Moderators: notveryalice Jealous Rage|
|Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member|