What about the fantasy section?
What makes fantasy...fantasy? sure, dragons and all those mystical people. But why is it so popular? What makes it easy to write, hard to write, fun to write? Discuss something- anything-...and you'll get an answer. Pretty cool people will be on this foru
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Open your eyes Chopstick

chopsticks here. thought i'll try to revive "what about the fantasy section" forum. :) So, the question is:

How do you make a snowball effect?

Especially in fantasy? Not for reviews (that was already answered in my other forum...unless you want to talk about it. either way, it's cool with me), but the story itself. How do you make your fantasy story build momentum while keeping the fantasy aspect new and alive and real?

Feel free to expand. :)

10/2/2010 #1
Yuuenchi

I'd say...it depends. You need consistency in approach. You need a hook to get and keep readers interested, but most importantly, you need to be intereted and passionate about the story yourself (but of course you know that, what with your attitude toward APS and Cecliia, You definitely need a story bible (even if only you ever see it) to keep events and relationships straight . I'ts probably best to plan things out long in advance. In media res" that great Latin phrase is how most action fantasty takes off, though romance fantasy has it's own internal dynamic.

12/28/2012 #2
Forum Moderators: Open your eyes Chopstick
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member