Cravats & Corsets
The year is 1789. Lady Luck and Lady Lark requests the pleasure of your company for tea and crumpets. Expect marriages of convenience, childhood betrothals, scandalous affairs, and of course, true love. Regency Era RP
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Florence Crosse

I,(Insert full name here), agree to meet with her Ladyship, Lady Luck, over tea and crumpets. Below are details I believe her Ladyship may need.

Appearance:

Personality:

Family Background:

*Residence will be given.

After you have been accepted, please move on to the Tea with Lady Luck and Lady Lark thread. :)

10/18/2010 . Edited 4/24/2012 #1
Bespelled

I, Damien Royce Barnaby Gray, agree to meet with her Ladyship, Lady Luck, over tea and crumpets. Below are details I believe her Ladyship may need.

Appearance: Tall (around 6'1) with the lean, ropy muscle of an athlete. A classically handsome face with sprightly golden locks that would have looked utterly angelic if not for his full, sensual mouth and his deep-set, hooded eyes - the exact brooding gray of a sea at storm.

Personality: Sought out at society events for his caustic tongue and cynical humor, all delivered with the charming smile of a perfect gentlemen. The veritable rake with a notorious reputation, the type society mothers warn their daughters off, yet the one they can't help but flock to. Also seen as a man with a growing fortune, wrongly assumed due to an inordinate amount of luck and a penchant for gambling, but in actuality, a result of the sound dealings of an astute businessman (a fact he readily hides in order to propagate his degenerate reputation). In his spare time, he commits the most scandalous and public acts of debauchery, all just to irritate his older brother.

Family Background: The b*** son of a powerful nobleman, who was forced to claim him due to the ingenious actions of his deceased mother (God bless her soul). Unfairly mistreated by his father due to the circumstances of his birth, Damien learned at a tender age the cynicism of a much older man. Even after his father's death, he dealt with the harsh judgement of his older brother, who constantly lectures him on his faults and shortcomings. The only true affection he'd ever received was from his youngest sister Emmeline, who "forces" out the best in him.

11/2/2010 #2
Florence Crosse

Dear Mr. Damien Royce Barnaby Gray, I am pleased to hear that you have accepted my invitation. Unfortunately, my cousin, Lady Lark cannot join us for she must honor a prior commitment. I ask for your understanding.

For your convenience, a carriage will pick you on the said date at noon. I believe you are now staying in a townhouse in Southfield.

Respectfully yours,

Lady Luck

11/7/2010 . Edited by Bespelled, 4/17/2012 #3
Florence Crosse

I,Viola Clarisse Romina Heralds, agree to meet with her Ladyship, Lady Luck, over tea and crumpets. Below are details I believe her Ladyship may need.

Appearance: Exceptionally ordinary. Her figure was neither endowed nor stick thin. To her, she met all the qualifications of becoming a plain jane. Her hair was well past her shoulders, and her skin was white, with a rosy tint on her cheeks, smooth yet marred by a light dusting of freckles on her nose. Her coloring was yet again, unexciting. Her hair was a dark brown. She wished to call it mahogany, or maybe even chestnut, but alas, it was just a mere brown. Her eyes, a light shade of brown. Her favorite feature, however, had to be her hands. They were slender, and well acquainted with the keys of her piano.

Personality: Viola was a bluestocking. Literature was her passion. The outdoors never seemed to agree with her, so she took refuge in the confines of her library. Her health has never agreed with her as well. Being cooped up in the library all day put a stopper to her having many friends. Her aloof personality was just a shield put up by her to guard her from the cruelties of the outside world.

Family Background: Viola comes from a family of 4, her being the youngest. Her parents, her older brother, and finally her. Due to her wavering health, Viola's parents, as well as her brother, kept her from going out often, which brought about her love for books. Her relationship with her family was strong and built up by trust. Having not a lot of friends, Viola conversed mostly with her brother, and the servants around the house.

Born in a family of great wealth, her father being the Earl of Heartford.

11/28/2010 . Edited 4/27/2012 #4
Bespelled

Dear Miss Viola Clarisse Romina Heralds, I'm as pleased as punch to hear that you've accepted my invitation. Due to a rather untimely series of events (of which I shall not go into detail here), my cousin Lady Luck cannot join us for tea and crumpets - something I'm sure she is profusely apologetic about.

For your conveyance, I shall send my personal driver, Whitby to pick you up on the said date at noon. Please forgive him, for he is somewhat deaf in one ear, though I cannot bear to let him go for he has been serving my family for quite some time. (It's the left ear, I believe, which is problematic, so I suggest putting yourself at his right at all times). I understand you're staying with your parents in a townhouse in Summerton.

Marvelously yours,

Lady Lark

11/30/2010 . Edited 11/30/2010 #5
xAfraidxToxFallx

I, Arabella Marie Wayland, agree to meet with her Ladyship, Lady Luck, over tea and crumpets. Below are details I believe her Ladyship may need.

Appearance: Slim and fairly petite, only 5'1, she has very fair, light blonde hair that cascades down to the small of her back in loose, natural ringlets, her skin is fairly pale, her pale blue veins visible along her arms, her most striking feature would have to be her eyes, emerald green in color, framed with long, dark eyelashes.

Personality: Kind and mothering, she tends to keep to herself and is quite shy, she doesn't leave the house often and that has had an affect on her social life. She has always loved children and is always willing to care for her younger sisters when needed.

Family Background: She comes from a large family with four other children, three younger sisters and an older brother, her mother was widowed three months ago and has need Arabella's assistance around the house more, causing her small social life to crumble.

12/3/2011 #6
Florence Crosse

Dear Miss Arabella Marie Wayland , we are terribly sorry for the overdue reply. Please contact us immediately if you are still interested in joining us for tea. We await your response.

Much appreciated,

Lady Luck & Lady Lark

4/16/2012 . Edited 4/16/2012 #7
Little Eloise

I, Emmeline Louisa Quinley Gray , agree to meet with her Ladyship, Lady Luck, over tea and crumpets. Below are details I believe her Ladyship may need.

Appearance: Golden blonde hair flows down till her chest and bounces with soft tiny curls. Her eyes are somewhat iridescent (under the light, the colour always seemed uncertain), but she insists that they're the same stormy grey as her brother's. Her skin is ivory smooth and glistens under the sun. She is tiny and slender.

Personality: Emmeline was happy-go-lucky, bubbly, and charismatic. However growing up, she was influenced to expect everything to be handed to her on a silver platter. Spoiled as she may be, overall she had a good heart despite that she may be a victim to social pressures.

Family Background: Emmeline's two older brothers were all she had left. Her elder brother inherited her deceased father's title as Earl. Her second brother, Damien Gray, was her closest companion left due to her eldest brother's new responsibilities. It seemed as if Damien didn't seem to match up to her older brother's standards. Fights were made, however, she was the main reason their fights remained inconspicious. As much as possible, she would like to keep her family from getting even more broken.

4/16/2012 . Edited 4/18/2012 #8
Florence Crosse

Dear Miss Emmeline Louisa Quinley Gray , I am delighted to hear that you have accepted my invitation. Your brother has told me many wonderful things about you, and I am excited to make your acquaintance. Unfortunately, my dear cousin will not be joining us due to her riding injury (But I assure you, it's nothing serious.) She sends her apologies and hopes that she meet you soon when she gets better.

For your convenience, I will be sending my driver to pick you up on the agreed date. You will be staying with your brother in his townhouse in Southfield, I believe.

Respectfully yours,

Lady Luck

4/16/2012 . Edited by Bespelled, 4/17/2012 #9
Chrononaut
I, Zachary Thompson Fisher Knight, agree to meet with her Ladyship, Lady Luck, over tea and crumpets. Below are details I believe her Ladyship may need.

Appearance: He has a somewhat lanky build - ever since childhood. He has a mop of unkempt dark copper hair. He has a pair of green, deep set eyes. He has a pale complexion, since he spends most of his time indoors, inventing and tinkering. He was always a bit tall for his age. Never really one to care about his apperance, he would go to future employers in an ill-fitting suit and unpolished boots. Overall, he wouldn't garner a second glance.

Personality: He was a curious fellow. He always wondered about how things work and what exactly goes on inside. As a child, he would rather fix an old pocket watch than play outside like other boys his age. He isn't accustomed to the easy lifestyle of noblemen, who merely inherit their position without even lifting a finger. He believes in hard work, dedication, and perseverance - which makes him seem somewhat unapproachable, even boring. He has a secret soft spot for music and the arts.

Family Background: Zachary's father is the exact opposite of his son - loud, inappropriate and most of the time, a drunk. These actions led to an early death, which was a great waste for he was a very clever man. His father's death left their family destitute, and his mother was hard pressed to find a new husband to support her and her five children. Growing up, Zachary was more of a solitary child and would spend the entire day just looking around the house for old gears and springs. He still got along with his siblings by settling their arguments and mending his sisters' broken dolls. He cared for his family like his father never did, and often considered himself the man of the house despite the presence of his new stepfather.

4/17/2012 . Edited by Bespelled, 4/17/2012 #10
Bespelled

Dear Mr. Zachary Thompson Fisher Knight, on behalf of my cousin and I, I would like express our joint pleasure that you have graciously accepted our invitation to tea. My husband is a great fan of your inventions - he secretly enjoys attending the many conventions and exhibits on reccent scientific breakthroughs and innovations - and he says without a doubt, your mind is without par. It heartens me to know that I shall play host to such a brilliant young man.

For your convenience, I shall send my personal driver Whitby to your residence at noon. Despite his failing hearing, Whitby is a dear fellow and would provide a rapt audience if ever a sudden scientific revelation occurs to you during the trip. If I am not mistaken, you have recently taken an apartment in Scarsborough.

Marvelously yours,

Lady Lark

4/17/2012 . Edited 4/17/2012 #11
Paradox Complex

I, Marianne Annaliese Callahan Montgomery, agree to meet with her Ladyship, Lady Luck, over tea and crumpets. Below are details I believe her Ladyship may need.

Appearance: Her light brown hair falls in slight waves, and they comes to short inward curls until her chest, but it is usually tied up in a french knot and held up with a small gold crown. Her eyes are a sort of dark blue that are often mistaken for violet (they are much easier to identify up close). Her lips are often tinted red, as to draw more attention to her graceful yet pale features.

Personality: She is quite the strange social butterfly. She pays much attention to detail and she knows exactly what she wants. Though when she was a child, coming from a poor family, her mother didn't allow her out of the house at all. So, soon after her mother's death, she was forced to move herself back out into the world, causing Marianne's confusions and misunderstandings when it came to most gatherings, but her charming sense and eccentric style were very much yearned for at many events.

Family Background: After their horrid mother had died, Marianne had to take care of her younger sister while their father tried to find his earnings. Soon, their father found himself engaged to a Duchess, and the sisters were forced into the public without much knowledge. Since they had come from a poor family, the sisters really didn't now much about anything really. So most of their dinners are spent trying to figure out what the strange food in front of them is, or which type of silverware to use.

4/23/2012 . Edited 4/28/2012 #12
Florence Crosse

Dear Miss Marianne Annaliese Callahan Montgomery, I am thrilled to hear of your acceptance of my invitation. My cousin and I are anticipating your arrival. I will be sending my driver to pick you up in your residence in Summerton.

We will meet you on the agreed date.

Respectfully Yours,

Lady Luck

4/24/2012 . Edited by Bespelled, 4/24/2012 #13
AnonymousNoOne

I, Antonia Faith Sanderson, agree to meet with her Ladyship, Lady Luck, over tea and crumpets. Below are details I believe her Ladyship may need.

Appearance: Antonia has black straight hair with bangs that cover her whole forehead and reaches her waist. She's decent sized, not too tall nor too short. She's incredibly pale because she doesn't spend time under the sun and if she does, she carries enormous hats and parasols. Her eyes are the color of black, and she looks exceedingly average. But Antonia has a very pretty smile that rarely makes its way to her face, and her cheeks flush tomato red at the smallest of compliments. Antonia's eyes can be very empty of emotion, but that is because of her wanting to hide herself from the world. Life can reach her eyes, she just doesn't really show it that much.

Personality: Antonia(Or Tonia as she is called) is shy and socially awkward. She rarely speaks up in fear of embarrassing herself, but if she does, she does it in a very unsure tone. She gets easily excited, and doesn't really get what 'fun' is. For her, 'fun' is sitting down at the library and reading tons of books about fantasy and magic. She believes in things like that, but she does not talk about it. Only a few people can make her smile and laugh. Antonia loves singing but she only does it for herself. She gets shy infront of people. Antonia is scared of the sun, she has a particular phobia. Her skin gets really red and that's the reason why she stays in her room or at the library.

Family Background: Antonia is the youngest child of them 6, and the older ones are all boys. Her father is retired from his work as a doctor, and her mother is a stay-at-home. Her eldest brother is an Admiral and her second brother and third are fellow doctors. The three of them have their own families and are scattered across Europe. Her fourth and fifth are in college and are usually not at home. So she is the only one left in the house with her father and mother. They are well of and Antonia sometimes works as a teacher at a school nearby. But she spends most of her time trying to will herself to get out on the sun, only to fail in the end. (She's really scared.)

6/9/2012 . Edited 6/9/2012 #14
Florence Crosse

Dear Ms. Antonia Faith Sanderson, we are pleased to hear that you have accepted our invitation. My cousin and I are happily await your arrival. I believe my cook has been dying to try out her new recipe, and this will be the perfect occasion. I certainly hope you enjoy cream-puffs. I must say, Selena and I have been gorging ourselves on the pastry for a while now.

For your convenience, I will send my chauffeur over to Scarsborough at noon.

Sincerely yours,

Lady Luck & Lady Lark

6/10/2012 . Edited 6/10/2012 #15
BalletGirl98

I,Felicity Isadora Brandon, agree to meet with her Ladyship, Lady Luck, over tea and crumpets. Below are details I believe her Ladyship may need.

Appearance: Felicity, often called 'Fee' for short, has long, curly fire red hair, which is usually pulled up into an elaborate coiffure. She has hazel eyes, that change between blue and green, depending on what she is wearing, set into a paleface with noble features. She has a faint spray of freckles across her cheekbones, form birth, rather than fro going without a hat or bonnet. She is petite for her age, and is often mistaken to be younger because of this.

Personality: Felicity has always been a tease around men, and of course, a flirt. While she acts demure when it is called for, she is often quite loud and 'fun' when she is not around the people that expect her, as a woman, to be demure. She is spoiled and somewhat self centered from the way she grew up.

Family Background: Felicity was raised in a grand house in the country. The only child of Lord and Lady Brando, she was showered with gifts and presents. Despite this, her parents often ignored their only child, leaving an army of governesses to raise her. A tease in the ballroom, she has fun flirting with society's most eligible bachelors. However, she was stops her flirting once it leads closer to a possible marriage. She has always harbored a deep fear that if she gets close to anyone, they would leave her or ignore her like her parents.

6/19/2012 . Edited 6/23/2012 #16
Florence Crosse

Please add a sentence or two in her appearance as well as her personality. :)

6/22/2012 #17
BalletGirl98

Is that better? I can add more if you need me to...

6/23/2012 #18
Florence Crosse

Yes, she looks fine. But I beg for you to excuse us because most, if not all of us are very busy at the moment, resulting to the sudden lull in this forum. :)

6/28/2012 #19
BalletGirl98
That's quite alright. Am I allowed to begin then?
6/28/2012 . Edited 6/28/2012 #20
Florence Crosse

Yes! You can begin! You will be residing in Scarsborough. :)

7/1/2012 #21
Krestral

I, Rowan Rachel Maere , agree to meet with her Ladyship, Lady Luck, over tea and crumpets. Below are details I believe her Ladyship may need.

Appearance: long curly black hair that goes to the middle of her back. She has piercing green eyes and stands at 5"10. She is also very tan. She does have a beautiful face and is naturally pretty but she isn't that beautiful. She has uneven legs, her eyes are seemingly to far apart, and her hair is 'to crazy.'

Personality: She is the kind of adventurous girl but hides it in a personality of manners and doing to whatever she is told. Really though she just wants to be able to see the world and do her own thing. She knows that it will not happen although she wants it to. She was also taught that having smarts was great so she bestowed it upon herself to learn everything she needed to know. She wasn't just book smart though. She also knew a lot of things that protected herself from being robbed, or hurt by a man.

Family Background: her mother and father always made her do outdoor activities. She learned how to horseback ride at a young age and she always got in trouble before her parents explained to her to be lady-like no matter what. Ever since she was thirteen she was the perfect picture daughter. She has been suppressing a side of her though, a wild streak that was just asking to come out. She always listened to everyone and didn't talk unless spoken to.

10/21/2012 . Edited 10/21/2012 #22
Closed Account Nov. 25th 2012

I, Evie Alexandria Hockingson, agree to meet with her Ladyship, Lady Luck, over tea and crumpets. Below are details I believe her Ladyship may need.

Appearance: http://fash4girl.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Korean-Hairstyles-For-Girls-2011-from-Han-Ga-In-4.jpg

Personality: Independent, original, analytical, and determined. Has an exceptional ability to turn theories into solid plans of action. Highly value knowledge, competence, and structure. Driven to derive meaning from her visions. Long-range thinkers. Has very high standards for her own performance, and the performance of others. Natural leader, but will follow if she trusts existing leaders. She may appear cold at first but once you get to know her she is very sweet and kind person.

Family Background: Her mother was Korean and her father was British (so she has a bit of British accent in her speech). She grew up in a wealthy home, attending a private academy and earning private tutoring lessons at home. She earned a master's degree in pschycology and a bachelor's degree in chemistry and biology. Evie wants to be a scientist when she grows up.

11/18/2012 #23
RedPyramidProject

I, Gabriel Michelangelo Rabisi, agree to meet with her Ladyship, Lady Luck, over tea and crumpets. Below are details I believe her Ladyship may need.

Appearance: 5"11. He has an average body that is toned but not overly muscled. His face is handsome but sharp and it gives the impression of being indifferent. His eyes are black and his lips are full and wide. He has shiny black hair that is medium length and layered, his bangs frame his face and are almost shoulder length. He almost always is wearing formal attire.

Personality: Gabriel is somewhat aloof but also mischievous. While not shy by any means he is still rather quiet and prefers to watch rather than mingle. He looks like he is deep in thought when sometimes he is just relaxing and not thinking at all. He likes drinking tea and chatting casually will peers. He is a hard worker and wishes to be a good provider for his future family. Small talk with strangers irritates him but good conversation is enjoyed. He likes having lots of useless information hanging in his head. Disrespectful and arrogant people frustrate him, even though he is rather arrogant himself.

He enjoys music and is attracted to women who are educated, music oriented, and witty. He has no ability to dance or play sports, his strengths are more in weight lifting, but that does not mean he is above enjoying social events.

Family Background: While his family is not rich, nor poor, his parents pretend to live lavishly. His mother is doting and his father is disconnected, his relationship with his parents is stilted and uncomfortable and they don't get along well. His father is of German and Italian descent and his mother is English. His relationship may not be very close to his parents but he visits them regularly. He adores his younger brother Stephano, although the two bicker quite a lot.

2/27/2013 #24
Florence Crosse
Accepted! You will be residing in Summerton. I shall make a character for you now.
2/28/2013 #25
RedPyramidProject

Great! :-)

2/28/2013 #26
Florence Crosse

I, Lady Arabella Marie Lockhart, agree to meet with her Ladyship, Lady Luck, over tea and crumpets. Below are details I believe her Ladyship may need.

Appearance: Arabella's the conventional beauty that attracted men like honey attracted bees. She was a rather succesful debutante, yet found no interest in any of her suitors. Her mother nearly flipped the dinner table over when she firmly stated that due to all the unattractive males she's encountered, she'd much rather join the convent, though she really never would. Her eyes were the bluest blue and her hair, like strands of the purest gold that cascaded down her back in waves (she never really did enjoy her hair up, no matter uncouth it was). Her features are soft and many mistake her for a soft and naive girl, and she absolutely hates it.

Personality: Arabella's an oddity. Her mother knew, after catching her daughter attempt to run away via miniature pony, that Arabella Lockhart would be a piece of work. Stubborn, vain, spoiled and free-spirited, Arabella was something else. She finds it incredibly ridiculous how women would lower themselves for men who, she knew very well, to not be worth it. She wished to travel the world and not rely on silly rakes who sought her hand. Though she did love to watch them squirm while talking to her. It amused her greatly at times.

Though balls were a great fun because she adored dancing and music. Perhaps that's one perk of having men around. They made decent dancing partners.

Family Background:Being the daughter of a Viscount, Arabella got everything her little heart desired. She had the royal treatment and couldn't want or need anything. With three older brothers however, Arabella was never one to prefer lady lessons over a good horse race. Or perhaps dirtying her dress for some berry picking. She hated how her mother tried to force her into cross stitch or drawing. She found it a complete bore. She then bloomed and rather enjoyed the attention she was getting from the male species.

Her brothers didn't however, but she found it as a way to get more of what she wanted, so she welcomed the attention. Besides, being called beautiful rather often wasn't something she'd complain about. although dull personalities and wandering hands did annoy her to no end.

Matrimony however is definitely something she never considered. "I'll reap the benefits while I'm young and live as a spinster in a huge house with a lavish garden and all my things all by myself. It would be far more entertaining then being prisoned and enslaved by marriage."

3/1/2013 #27
Forum Moderators: Florence Crosse Bespelled
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member