The Beta Project
Does your historical story need a beta? Do you need a historical story to beta? Do you just want to hang around with like minded people, or play historical role play, from ANY period in time? If so, then this is the place to come!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
The Beta Project

Welcome to the Beta Project! We are a team dedicated to finding beta's for stories and stories for beta's, primarily for historical stories, but we are happy to help out authors of other genre's too!

Here's how it works:

You contact us through one of the ways mentioned below, you tell us if you're a beta or an author, and a brief rundown of what you want out of TBP. If you're a beta, and suitable, we'll add you to our records, and contact you when a suitable story comes along.

If you're an author, we then email you and you can then send your story to us. We will send it on to a beta who will send it back to us when they have finished checking it over. A moderator will then give it one final check, before returning it to you, to post. For multi-chap story's you can choose to have a different beta every time, or to stick with the same one.

We stay involved with all stories beta'd by our beta's, and check everything thorougly before returning it to the author. We also work closely with our beta's to ensure that they are satisfied.

Although we tend to work so that beta's and authors work through us, never directly with each other, we can help authors or beta's looking for a more "traditional" beta-author relationship find the correct person for them.

Please don't hesitate to contact us through PM, at or via the form on the contact us page in our website at thebetaproject . webs . com

10/29/2010 #1
HannahWynwood

Just figured I'd add my little halfpenny to this forum!

Hi, I'm Hannah, I'm a beta for The Beta Project, but I also write stories, such as "Screams of the Silent" an in-progress novella set in 1940's England that I'm hoping to one day publish. It's on my profile and I would be so happy if you could find the time to read it :)

If you have any questions about being a beta, feel free to email me at . uk or hannah . . uk

Nah x

10/29/2010 #2
KissMeOnTheSidewalk

I log out of the "official" account and come to introduce myself properly and I see that Hannah's already done so. She's a good girl :)

So, I'm Sophie :) I'm head mod person, and a beta as well :) I'm the person you come to if you ever have a problem that you need sorting :)

To contact me, either use the TBP website or email, or email me at sophie(dot)mod(dot)tbp(at)hotmail(dot)co(dot)uk

And as Hannah's email hasn't posted, it's: hannah(dot)tbp(at)hotmail(dot)co(dot)uk

Ciao :)

x

10/29/2010 #3
KeepingLinesBlurry

Salut! Je m'appelle Callie, and I'm the second Frenchy beta seeing as I speak fluent(ish) French (Sophie speaks fluent french. Humph.) I speak completely fluent franglais, as you will discover :)

I'm also a mod, and at school with Sophie, so when I got a text from her being all like "go and post on the forum" I figured I should. She's very scary. JK, I love her really :)

Anyhoooo, seeing as everyone else gave emails I figure I should too :)

it be: callie(dot)mod(dot)tbp(at)hotmail(dot)co(dot)uk

You seeing the pattern? I am :)

Adieu :)

10/29/2010 #4
Alex Rashid

Can somebody beta read Blossoms? my story?

12/4/2011 #5
KeepingLinesBlurry
Hi! Yep, sure, we'd love to beta read! If you post a bit of a summary for your story so we know which beta is best for you, that'd be great! Thanks :)
12/4/2011 #6
AriaRose7

Hi, I'm Aria. I'm trying to find a beta for my Historical fic, Berenice. It is a fictional account on Cleopatra's older sister who was briefly queen before her. I already have a chapter up on this site so anyone can see it and see if they would be willing to beta it. I also recently became a beta myself if anyone needs one.

8/6/2012 #7
Forum Moderators: The Beta Project HannahWynwood, KeepingLinesBlurry, KissMeOnTheSidewalk
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member