The Renaissance
Italy. 1492. As the Borgia pope reigns, Italy falls apart. Plot, counterplot, intrigue, high art, and more await.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Maximilianus

Because we can't have you crazy kids running around without any direction.

I. Abandon All Ignorance, Ye Who Enter Here

This is a roleplay for intelligent people, out for a little fun. Please dispense with all ignorant actions, which include prejudice of any kind, insulting another person, swearing constantly, or anything considered really, really stupid.

II. Those Who Do Not Learn From History

This is a historical roleplay, which means you must pay respect for historical accuracy. No telephones, no automatic weapons, nothing that would be out of place in the year 1492. On the same token, please keep historical characters within certain constraints. For example, Leonardo is in Venice at this time, but he can bound up and down the peninsula on small commissions without disrupting the fabric of history. You have a little wiggle room, but try not to wiggle your way out.

III. Bite Thy Tongue!

People swear. I understand that. Characters swear. I understand that. But constant swearing is a sign of low intelligence and will not be tolerated. Also, within the roleplay, if you could sprinkle your character's words with Italian phrases, that would be great. This is good for curses. I've provided a translator.

IV. Open Wide the Door

Above all, have fun! Renaissance Italy is a swinging place. Don't let all these rules bog you down. Any problems, come see me.

Italian translator: http://www.freedict.com/onldict/ita.html

12/15/2010 . Edited 12/15/2010 #1
Forum Moderators: Maximilianus Phoebe Powers
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member