New Haven
To be added.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 Next »
songbirdalice

A small cafe on the corner of a street with red onnings. Inside the walls are painted a mocha brown with paintings of coffee cups hung on all four walls. There is a counter that has muffin displays and small coffee cakes and behind it all kinds of caffiene. There are 6 tabled that are red with three seats a table. On the side wall is a small stage if anybody wants to perform or sing, though it is rarely used.

12/17/2010 . Edited by fictionalxbliss, 12/25/2010 #1
songbirdalice

Peyton walked into the small coffee shop, pushing an old stroller inside and stiffled a yawn behind her delicate hand. The air was cool in the shop, a difference from the warm stuffy air that lingered outside.

With a sigh, Peyton dug out her wallet and got herself a cup of joe, black, and sat down next to a window, one hand rested lazily on the stroller where Israel laid sleeping peacfully.

12/17/2010 #2
xAmericanIdi0tx

Brooklyn stepped into the coffee shop, the little bell above the door announcing her entrance. She ducked her head slightly when a few of the costumers looked up with curiosity, her curls covering her face and green eyes. She walked up to the counter and looked over the menu of different caffeine products. She readjusted the strap over her shoulder and bit her lip lightly, trying to decide.

12/19/2010 #3
songbirdalice
Peyton looked up at the woman who entered and smiled friendily, her hair was brushed back behind her shoulders, "the Carmel machiato is really good," she called, seeing the indecisive look on her face. She took another drink of her coffee, stroking her young sons soft cheek and sighed wistfully.
12/21/2010 #4
xAmericanIdi0tx

Brooklyn looked away from the menu when the girl spoke, surprised that anyone was speaking to her, let alone trying to help her out. "Oh," She shifted her gaze back to the menu for a second, searching for the suggested item and she smiled a bit when she saw it listened on the board. "Thank you," She said quietly, brushing her hair behind her ear before placing the order.

12/23/2010 #5
fictionalxbliss

*Lorelai entering*

Lorelai entered the cafe, stifling a groan as the baby used her kidney as a soccer ball. Forcing a fake smile she ordered green tea. "Oh God," she moaned, gripping the counter. It wasn't a contraction, it was her damn achy feet, her damn achy back. James had strong hands. If he were here, he'd take her home, draw a hot bath, and massage her feet while she relaxed. Fresh tears sprung to her eyes and she could feel another breakdown coming on.

12/25/2010 #6
xAmericanIdi0tx

Brooklyn had heard the bell above the door ring and she stepped to the side, making room for the next customer to place their order. She offered the woman a smile and the sight of her pregnant belly made her smile a bit more. She leaned back against the counter, waiting patiently for her drink. When the woman groaned, Brooklyn frowned and stepped towards her instinctively, her eyes filled with concern. "A-are you okay?" She asked cautiously, watching her carefully.

12/25/2010 #7
fictionalxbliss

Lorelai laughed despite herself, a few tears trickling down her cheeks. She quickly wiped them away. "Yes, thank you," she said. "I'm just tired. I'm definitely going to be a soccer mom." Lorelai gave a soft smile, gently patting her belly. Her eyes were still damp with tears, but the young woman's concern made her feel a little better. The barista was nice enough to bring her large tea to her table. Lorelai pointed to the chair beside her. "Have a seat," she offered.

12/25/2010 #8
xAmericanIdi0tx

Brooklyn was relieved to hear that the woman was okay, but she couldn't help but feel like she holding something back, like something was still troubling her. She tried to let it go and smirked a bit at the soccer mom comment, taking the womans offer and having a seat across from her. Brooklyn crossed one leg over the other and thanked the barista for bringing their drinks out, brushing a few curly strands of hair behind her ear. "I'm Brooklyn." She said softly, offering yet another smile.

12/25/2010 . Edited 12/25/2010 #9
fictionalxbliss

"I'm Lorelai," she said, offering her hand.

12/25/2010 #10
xAmericanIdi0tx

Brooklyn reached out for Lorelai's hand and gripped it firmly for a good handshake, settling back into her seat once they released hands. "It's great to meet you, Lorelai," She said before adding, "Everyone here seems so... friendly." She laughed quietly, recalling the girl and the small boy from earlier this evening. Brooklyn removed the lid to her coffee and gentle blew over the surface, cooling the liquid inside.

12/25/2010 #11
fictionalxbliss

"You too." Lorelai stirred a few packets of sugar in her tea. "My husband grew up here. After we got married he wanted to move back so badly that I didn't argue. New Haven is a lovely place. How long have you been here?"

12/25/2010 #12
xAmericanIdi0tx

Brooklyn listened to her short story, taking a sip of her still hot coffee. "Maybe an hour or less, first time here, actually." She answered with a sheepish smile, letting out a nervous laugh.

12/25/2010 #13
fictionalxbliss

Lorelai rubbed her round stomach. "Oh really? Welcome to New Haven then. Do you have anywhere to stay?"

12/25/2010 #14
xAmericanIdi0tx

"I'm still looking," Brooklyn admitted, watching Lorelai with curious eyes. She quickly shifted her gaze off the girls stomach, realizing she had been staring and took another drink of her coffee, which was now cooled off enough to drink. She hoped Lorelai hadn't noticed or at least wouldn't be offended if she had.

12/25/2010 #15
fictionalxbliss

"It's okay to stare. I'm used to it," she said with a shrug. "I'm due October fourth, but I'm about ready to have this baby now. Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to be a mom. I'm just tired all the time because this one," Lorelai patted her stomach softly, "is a night owl. The baby wakes up around midnight, keeps me up a few hours, then I guess it naps for an hour or so and starts up again. It wouldn't be so bad if I could just go right back to sleep, but I'm too sore." Lorelai laughed at herself and shook her head, her eyes falling on the little boy in a stroller. She ached to hold her child, to have James help her through the birth, and the long nights after that. "Do you like kids?"

12/25/2010 #16
xAmericanIdi0tx

Brooklyn listened to her once again, unable to hide her interest or wide smile. "I love kids," She said, her voice rising with a little too much excitement. She blushed a bit and regained her composure, talking another drink. "My mom use to run a day care, let me help out once I was old enough." She explained, "You see, when I was born, there were some complications and my mom couldn't have any more children. Which is why she started the day care. My mom and I share a passion for kids and she couldn't not be around them. I've always felt bad for her, but she never let what happened get her down. She's one of the cheeriest people I know." Brooklyn signed to herself, reliving her memories. She blushed again, realizing just how much she had shared and decided to change the subject. "Do you know what it is?" She asked, nodding towards Lorelai stomach.

12/25/2010 #17
fictionalxbliss

Lorelai smiled. She liked this girl. "My husband and I decided to wait until the birth. If it's a girl her name will be Jessica. If it's a boy his name will be Noah." Lorelai sipped her tea, once again glancing at the little boy. She had to avert her eyes before she started crying again. "I'm glad you like kids. I need a babysitter, and I have about two months to get to know you. If you'd like to, that is. Of course I'll need some references before I hire you officially. If not I'm sure I could find someone else."

12/25/2010 #18
xAmericanIdi0tx

"I'd love too," Brooklyn interrupted eagerly, her eyes bright and smile wide. "And yes, of course, anything, I could give you some names and numbers now if you like." She said with perhaps a little too much excitement, extremely happy with how the day was going.

12/25/2010 #19
fictionalxbliss

Lorelai gave a small laugh. "No, it's fine. We can do that later." She yawned and wiggled in her chair. "Would you like to have lunch tomorrow? I'm dying for a steak, and I don't want to go alone. And I can't cook anything that's raw. It makes me sick."

12/25/2010 #20
xAmericanIdi0tx

Brooklyn blushed a little when Lorelai laughed at her, her curly hair falling in her face slightly before she brushed it back. "That sounds nice," She accepted the lunch date, "It would give me the chance to look around town," She added with a small laugh, drinking the last of her coffee. Brooklyn cocked her head suddenly and rose an eyebrow, going back to what Lorelai had said. "What do you mean alone? What about your husband?" She asked with curiosity.

12/25/2010 #21
fictionalxbliss

Tears pricked her eyes and Lorelai looked down as they spilled over. "I'm sorry. I don't mean to cry." She sniffled, wiping her face as tears continued steadily. "James, my husband, is at war. God, I'm sorry," she said, dabbing her eyes with a napkin. It had to be the pregnancy hormones, because she was never this emotional.

12/25/2010 #22
xAmericanIdi0tx

As soon as she saw the tears, Brooklyn's heart sunk and she instantly regretting asking about her husband, wishing she has just kept her mouth shut. "No, no, I'm sorry for asking." She said, trying to make Lorelai feel better and smile again. "Don't apologize." She insisted, offering a soft, friendly smile. She placed her hand over Lorelai's, hoping to comfort her.

12/25/2010 #23
fictionalxbliss

Lorelai smiled through her tears. "I've never cried this much," she admitted. "I guess I'm just lonely. I mean, I have friends from work but they're always working. My family is three hours away, and they don't have the money to drive back and forth." She sighed as her tears stopped. "It's okay that you asked. I just miss him, and I'm scared to death he won't come home."

12/25/2010 #24
xAmericanIdi0tx

Brooklyn's expression softened some and she signed, shaking her head at Lorelai's last sentence. "You can't think like that," She said sternly but at the same time kept her voice gentle and caring. "He's going to come home, he'll be back before you know it." She smiled reassuringly, hoping to ease Lorelai's fears.

12/25/2010 #25
fictionalxbliss

"Thank you," she said. She wiped her face again and slowly stood. "So is noon okay for lunch?"

12/25/2010 #26
xAmericanIdi0tx

Brooklyn smiled and shrugged a bit, standing with her new friend and possible future employer. "It's not a problem," She tried to shrug it off, though it made her feel good inside to know she helped someone as nice as Lorelia. "And noon would be great." She said before adding, "Where, uh, where do I meet you?" Brooklyn asked, "I mean, I am new here and all."

12/26/2010 #27
fictionalxbliss

"The Steakhouse. It's right down the street. You can't miss it. I'll call and make reservations today. Just give them my name and they'll seat you." Lorelai disposed of her trash. "See you then?"

12/26/2010 #28
xAmericanIdi0tx

"See you then." Brooklyn said, following Lorelai's lead and dumping her trash into the bin.

(Eh, sorry. Weak.)

12/26/2010 #29
fictionalxbliss

[[Dude, it's cool. Lol.]]

Lorelai waved goodbye, passing one last glance at the baby boy in the stroller, and left the cafe.

*Lorelai to Main*

12/28/2010 #30
Page 1 2 Next »
Forum Moderators: fictionalxbliss songbirdalice
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member