Historical Stories
For discussion of the posted stories and writing historical stories.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
M. Kei

"In the mid 18th century, Lt. Peter Thorton of the British navy must struggle with coming out gay while fighting the Spanish and surviving storms, duels, intrigue, and battle at sea."

I've had my story up for a long time now, but periodically FictionPress.com appears to lose a chapter. I check on my side and its in there, but the drop down menu will skip over a chapter. I've struggled with getting it straightened out; it appears that after re-uploading a page there's a lag time before it shows up. Fortunately, a Twitter friend alerted me to this and I was able to fix it, but this is the second time (that I've been told about) it happening. Does anyone else have this problem?

I'm also new to the forums -- so I'm wondering if there is a forum for stories with gay characters. I didn't see it, if there is, please point me to it. If you want to read the story, please note, there's no explicit sex! It's a historical story that happens to have a gay protagonist, not a gay story that happens to be set at sea. I'm much more interested in the historical milieu since I'm a fan of nautical fiction. I got tired of not having any gay heroes in such stories, so made one of my own.

Any feedback anyone cares to give on the story will be appreciated; if any straight men are willing to read it I'd especially appreciate the feedback; so far most of my readers appear to be female. The audience for nautical fiction is mostly male. A niche publisher for the field is already reviewing sample chapters, so knowing how to market to the major portion of my anticipated audience would be a good thing!

~K~

7/12/2009 #1
M. Kei

Pirates of the Narrow Seas won a Sweet Revolution Award for same sex romances in the category of 'best full cast.' Thank you, readers and judges. And for those how have asked, yes, Pirates of the Narrow Seas will be published in paper. Follow the NarrowSeas blog for further information.

1/3/2010 #2
Forum Moderators: dbz 77
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member