Historical Stories
For discussion of the posted stories and writing historical stories.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Jacno
I'm working on a series of stories, which I am having difficulty classifying.

The story takes place a couple hundred years in the future, and is about the fourth world war.

Normally a story like this would be classified as action, except that this series will have a balance of political drama and action. Weapons technology has not advanced much, and not much time is spent on the topic of advanced technology, so I do not feel like it fits into the Sci-Fi genre.

Perhaps these stories would fit under Historical Fantasy, despite being based in the future.

I just want to know what people think about it, and if anyone has any suggestions of where it may fit better.

12/1/2007 #1
Le Cosmonaute
I think that sounds cool, but I have no idea wher'ed you'd put it. Even though not much is advanced tech., I think Sci-Fi is your best bet. Maybe just stick with General. Good luck, and I look forward to reading it.
12/1/2007 #2
Jacno
I've posted the first chapter/prologue bit. Read it and lemme know what you think.

There isn't going to be a whole lot dealing with the technology in this story, but maybe I'll post another story which happens in the same reality that deals more with what has happened in the past, and the technology.

12/7/2007 . Edited 12/7/2007 #3
Robespierre Cincinnati

I'd say Science Fiction. If there was such a genre I would put it under "Futuristic Fiction" but technically if it is set in the future it's automatically sci-fi.

8/1/2009 #4
Forum Moderators: dbz 77
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member