Historical Stories
For discussion of the posted stories and writing historical stories.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Mam'zelleCombeferre

Does anyone have a favorite historical fiction novel, or read a really good one lately that you want to share about?

For example, I just read Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly and was utterly swept away. It was so good that I read the last three hundred pages in the span of time it takes to watch Iron Man One.

12/31/2010 #1
The.Wings.On.Her.Back

A Place of Greater Safety by Hilary Mantel was excellent. It's about the French Revolution and made me laugh and cry simultaneously at the right moments. Hilary Mantel is a wonderful historical fiction author.

1/21/2011 #2
The.Wings.On.Her.Back

A Place of Greater Safety by Hilary Mantel was excellent. It's about the French Revolution and made me laugh and cry simultaneously at the right moments. Hilary Mantel is a wonderful historical fiction author.

1/21/2011 #3
Mam'zelleCombeferre

I will definitely have to check that out. :) I am always looking for new novels set in the French Revolution. :)

1/24/2011 #4
fantasybookworm2012
I really enjoyed "Uprising" by Margeret Petterson Haddix. It's about the fire of the triangle shirtwaist factory.
1/1/2013 #5
Roka Polaris

There is a trilogy by Sarah Smith that I really like: The Vanished Child, The Knowledge of Water and A Citicen of the Country. I think it has not been too popular, but I loved it, it has everything I am looking for in a good story.

2/21/2013 #6
Forum Moderators: dbz 77
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member