Realistic Role Play
A roleplaying forum that is just a bit too well invested. Come here to roleplay with romance, drama, and much, much, more!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 .. Last Next »
SCopySCat91

Owed by the lovely and generous Diane Shoal. Looking for help.

1/31/2011 #1
DaCwzy1

Jay sighed as he entered the diner, he was tired from school and a little while ago his parents had called him to notify him of a dinner party that he needed to attend the next day. He sat down at a table and set his violin down next to him on the seat as he waited for a menu.

"This place looks pretty new, and there aren't a lot of workers. I wonder if the foods any good here..." Jay thought to himself and sighed as he stretched his cramped limbs. "Maybe I should've picked a different restraunt, oh well"

2/7/2011 #2
ali.in.wonderland

Laney waddled in, tired beyond belief. Her tattered clothes hung tightly on her skin, making her look almost like a prostitute. She made her way up to the counter, and eagerly looked into the eyes of the person there. "I saw your help wanted sign. You consider hiring me?" Laney asked with her hands on the counter. I might be homeless, but I'm no bum. She thought to herself. I try to get jobs, I really do, but times are tough. No one will hire me because of how I live.

2/7/2011 #3
SCopySCat91

Diane walked up to the counter just as a teenage boy walked in. He looked well dressed and nice enough, but looks could be decieving, so she kept a close eye on him.

But she didn't expect to see the young woman in front of her either. She looked tired and hungry, but that may have just been her clothing. Diane was just about to get the leftovers from the kitchen when the lady started speaking.

"Sure," She answered, walking into the back room to get a resume, when the woman finished, "I'll be right back"

2/7/2011 #4
ali.in.wonderland

The woman's words snapped Laney out of her thoughts. "Thank you," Laney smiled with great pleasure and relief as she watched the nice lady go into the back. She waited patiently for her to return.

2/7/2011 #5
DaCwzy1

"Ah.." Jay walked up to the girl in tattered clothing, she didn't seem like she worked here but he didn't see anyone else just standing around. "Excuse me, ma'am. Do you work here? I'd like to order"

He spoke with formality, even towards someone in tattered clothing and spoke with a kind voice.

2/7/2011 #6
ali.in.wonderland

"Sorry, Sir," Laney turned to the handsome man. "I don't. This lovely gal helping me just went into the back. She should be back shortly. Sorry I couldn't help you," Laney turned back to the counter, apology in her eyes.

2/7/2011 #7
DaCwzy1

"Oh it's no problem" Jay smiled at her. "I'll wait here with you for the waitress then"

2/7/2011 #8
ali.in.wonderland

Laney smiled and looked to the man. "Okay, that's wonderful,"

2/7/2011 #9
SCopySCat91

Diane walked back to the counter and started when she looked up and saw the young boy with the girl, "Oh, hello" she said, with a tight lipped smile. She looked back to Laney, "I have the resume right here ma'am. Sorry I took so long" she said apologetically, her southern drawl becoming just a bit stronger at the word ma'am

2/7/2011 #10
DaCwzy1

Jay waited patiently for the two girls to finish their conversation before making his order. He looked around the diner and it seemed clean enough, it wasn't exactly as luxurious as he was used to, but it was clean. There was a piano in the corner and the room was filled with chairs and tables. After observing his surroundings Jay smiled, it was nice and simple, not too poor and not too luxurious, just right.

2/7/2011 #11
ali.in.wonderland

Laney watched the boy place his order and looked at the lady behind the counter. She took the resume with joy. "Oh, thank you so much. I really appreciate it," Laney took a old pen out of her tattered pants pocket. She made her way over to one pf the tables and began writing. It took a while, but when she was finally done with it, Laney brought it back up to the counter to the kind lady. "Thank you, I hope you consider me," Laney smiled and stuck her dirty hand out. "My name is Laney, by the way. I would assume that you're the owner, Diane?"

2/8/2011 #12
DaCwzy1

Jay at his food slowly, enjoying the calm and relaxed atmosphere. He glanced over at the unused piano and wondered if he would be allowed to play it if he asked.

2/8/2011 #13
SCopySCat91

Diane took her hand, and resume, without hesitation. "Nice to meet you Laney. I look forward to taking a look at this." She raised the resume slightly "And you would assume right. I-"

Suddenly Cheyenne burst out of the back room, her eyes red and puffy with tears. "Mommy, Mommy!" She screamed, "Mr.Frank dropped glass and it hurt me!" She raised her left hand to reveal a small piece of glass, and a small amount of blood welling around it. She was definitely getting rid of that man.

Diane quickly scanned her resume and turned back to Laney, "Good God, I know that this is extremely unproffesional, but seeing as you havent commited any felonys, how soon can you start?"

2/8/2011 #14
ali.in.wonderland

Laney looked at the adorable young child, and then at Diane. She laughed lightly. "Oh, uh, I suppose whenever is convenient,"

2/8/2011 #15
SCopySCat91

"Is now a good time?" Diane asked apologeticaly, leaning down to put a band-aid on her daughter's cut. "I really do hate firing people and with this guy," she gestured towards the back room. "I would like to just get it over with"

2/8/2011 #16
ali.in.wonderland

Laney smiled again. "Now is as good a time as any. What would you like me to do?" She asked, taking a step closer to the counter. "I'm pretty smart, believe it or not, so I could probably handle most of the jobs you would've given to me," Laney's grimy face was sweet. Though her attention immediately dropped to her own tattered clothing. This is all I have. What will people think if they see me in ripped clothes? What does Diane think? Well, she hired me, so I suppose she doesn't mind... Laney's thoughts trailed off.

2/8/2011 #17
DaCwzy1
Jay looked over at Diane and raised an eyebrow, she seemed upset. He walked on over to check out what was going on. "Is everything ok?" He asked concerned.
2/8/2011 #18
SCopySCat91

"I'll just need you to waitress for now" Diane said cheerily, "Just go into the back and wash up. Then you can start" She then turned around and started off into the back

2/8/2011 #19
SCopySCat91

She turned around though when she heard the young man who had ordered a short while ago. "Everything's fine" she said, grimacing. "Thanks though." She turned around again, not intending to seem rude, but acting it all the same

2/8/2011 #20
ali.in.wonderland

Laney nodded her head and turned towards the back of the restaurant to wash up, like Diane ordered. She whistled as she did so. Her hands were clean, and Laney decided to wipe the dirt off some of the rest of her body. She took a towel and wiped all the grime off her face and arms. There wasn't much she could do about the tattered clothes, she just hoped the waitress apron would cover the lot of it. Laney walked back out front to find Diane so she could get her apron and notepad. "Diane? Ma'am?" Laney didn't yell, she just called quietly for her boss, so as not to disturb and customers.

2/8/2011 #21
DaCwzy1
"Oh, um excuse me ma'am" His formal and elegant voice was coming out again. "Would you mind if I used the piano a bit? I promise I won't make a ruckus." He smiled at her cautiously, assuming that her cold attitude was because of either he had sad something wrong earlier or she just didn't like him.
2/8/2011 #22
SCopySCat91

Diane stopped walking and looked at Jay. She couldent help but smile at the kid's respectful attitude. "I'm sorry, but you'll have to ask the girl who owns it." She looked back towards the back room and heard her name. Walking back into the room, she looked at Laney expectantly. "Yes?" she answered, "what is it?"

2/8/2011 #23
DaCwzy1

Jay looked puzzled as Diane walked away.

Owns it..? Who owns it? I thought she owned the place.. Jay looked around to see if anyone was there to claim the piano. Huh...

2/8/2011 #24
DaCwzy1

Jay sighed as Diane left and walked back to his table. He left money to pay for his food and a very generous tip; he then picked up his violin and carried it outside. He checked his watch to make sure he had time and gasped, he was only had five minutes to get to class and with that, he sprinted off towards his school.

2/8/2011 #25
ali.in.wonderland

"Oh, Diane," Laney smiled. "I was just looking for my apron, or whatever I use here. To waitress,"

2/10/2011 #26
SCopySCat91

Diane smiled waveringly and pointed to a small drawer under the counter. "You'll find an apron in their... and tomorrow, please wear thicker clothing. Spills tend to burn...alot"

2/10/2011 #27
ali.in.wonderland

Laney nodded and retrieved her apron, then turned to Diane. "Uh, Ma'am, I don't have any other clothes to wear. I've been burned before, though. I suppose I'm used to pain," Laney really hated self-pity. She always had.

2/10/2011 #28
SCopySCat91

"What size are you?" Diane asked frankly. She felt that Laney would probably refuse to let her at first, but she wasnt going to allow such a young girl to hurt herself... well, not under her watch, even if it meant going out and buying clothing.

2/10/2011 #29
ali.in.wonderland

Laney cocked her head. "Uh, a small?" Laney's eyes widened as she understood Diane's intentions. "Oh, no, no, no. I couldn't possible let you buy me clothing! That's far too much to ask of you!"

As Laney spoke her last words, a handsome young man walked into the diner. Laney heard it and looked over. The boy was making his way to the counter, smiling to customers along the way. As he approached the counter, he stuck his hand out to Diane and Laney. "Hello, My name's Malachi. I would like to order," Laney found it quite odd that the boy introduced himself just to order his meal. She shook his hand anyway.

2/10/2011 #30
Page 1 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: SCopySCat91
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member