Realistic Role Play
A roleplaying forum that is just a bit too well invested. Come here to roleplay with romance, drama, and much, much, more!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »
SCopySCat91

Diane cocked her head to the side as the man introduced himself, but she just shook off his odd behavior and looked at Laney. She may think that this is over, but Diane had different intentions. She turner her atention back to Malachi. "and what will you be ordering today sir?"

2/10/2011 #31
ali.in.wonderland

Malachi smiled. "Oh, how about some chicken tenders," (diners have that right?) He turned to Laney. " I couldn't help but hear what you two ladies were talking about," He turned back to Diane. "I would be more than happy to but this poor girl some new clothes,"

Laney glared at Malachi. He's talking to her like I'm not even here! What a jerk! But he did offer to buy me clothes... Hm, maybe I should let him. No! I can't! That's beneath me! Or is it? Laney argued with herself.

2/10/2011 #32
SCopySCat91

Diane rounded her shoulders defensivly and drew in a breath. "Why don't you ask her first" She turned to Laney. "Im going to go fill this man's order. Wait here for more customers."

2/10/2011 #33
ali.in.wonderland

Laney bowed obediently. "Yes, ma'am," She smiled.

Malachi turned to Laney. "Would you like me to but you some clothes?" Before Laney could protest, he continued. "Don't say that it's too much. I have way too much money then I know what to do with. I even run an organization to help homeless people get job, food, and clothing," Malachi smiled at Laney.

Laney sighed. "Oh, fine. I suppose that's okay,"

2/10/2011 #34
SCopySCat91

Diane scowled, listening to the conversation up front. She cut up the chicken with vigor, hearing Laney accept his offer. How is he better then I am? She couldent help but think. Why did she choose his offer over mine

As the chicken finished cooking, Diane placed it on a plate and clenched her fists to calm herself down. As she felt her nails dig into the base of her palms she winced and took a deep breath.

Finally she walked out with the plate in her hand and handed Malachi his food. "Here you go, sir" She said in a calm, carefuly measured out voice.

2/11/2011 #35
ali.in.wonderland

Malachi nodded. "Thank you, Miss," he said as he took the plate.

Laney turned her attention to Diane. I wonder if I should tell her why I picked Malachi. I wonder if she'll even care. Laney decided against telling her, thinking it unnecessary.

2/11/2011 #36
SCopySCat91

Diane all but stomped away. She knew that it was silly... but for some reason she seriously disliked Malachi now.

2/11/2011 #37
ali.in.wonderland

Laney and Malachi curiously watched Diane stomp off. "What was that? Laney asked.

"I have no idea," Malachi answered. Laney thought, Hm, perhaps it would've been a good idea to tell her.

2/11/2011 #38
SCopySCat91

Once she reached the storage room behind the kitchen, Diane's eyes where welling with tears. She knew that this was an absoloutly moronic reason to be upset... but her mind kept on coming up with reasons. Reasons why Laney musnt like her. She accepted an offer from a stranger but not from her own employer. You're stupid, ugly. A fat little whore. This went on until it wasnt even about Laney any more and Diane was in tears. Her fragile self confidence being shattered by the onslaut of self inflicted insults.

2/11/2011 #39
ali.in.wonderland

Laney was curious as to why Diane was so mad. She just didn't understand. She decided to tell her why she made the decision she had. "I'll be right back, Sir," Laney ran out into the back of the diner. "Diane? Diane?" :Laney called, looking for her boss.

2/12/2011 #40
SCopySCat91

Hearing Laney's call, Diane quickly wiped her eyes and turned the other way.

Meanwhile Cheyenne stood behind the counter on her tip-toes, looking over at the man on the other side. She couldent help but wonder who he was, but was trying to be secretive in hopes that he didnt see her.

2/12/2011 #41
ali.in.wonderland

Laney looked at her boss. "Diane, listen, I want you to know why I went and chose Mr. Malachi instead of you," Laney sighed. "Miss, he runs an organization for homeless people, just like me! And he said that he even has way too much money than he knows what to do with. Diane, please don't be angry with me! I'm sorry!" Laney was nearly in tears, something odd for her character. She just hated to have people mad at her.

As Malachi was standing at the counter, he caught a quick glimpse of what seemed to a little girl. He could clearly tell that she was trying to be sneaky. He smiled to himself and shook his head.

2/13/2011 #42
SCopySCat91

Diane winced, a terrible pang of guilt hitting her. "Laney, I'm not angry at you. Don't worry I'm really not. You don't need to be sorry." She turned around, despite her not-quite-dry-eyes, and walked over to Laney. "I'm the one who should be sorry, I didnt mean to make you think I was upset with you."

2/13/2011 #43
ali.in.wonderland

Laney didn't really know what to say. She was never really good at apologies, giving or receiving. " Well, uh, thank you, I guess," Laney smiled. "Well, shall we go on back to the front?"

2/13/2011 #44
SCopySCat91

Diane laughed, her mood suddenly elated. Well... that was certainly anticlamactic she thought. "We probably should" she said to Laney

2/13/2011 #45
ali.in.wonderland

Laney grabbed her boss's hand and tugged her along toward the front gently. Wow, her mood changed rather quickly, Laney thought the whole way.

2/14/2011 #46
SCopySCat91

Tansing up slightly as Laney grabbed her hand, Diane smiled at Malachi as the two women reached the front. "I'm sorry about earlier sir. I was really ru-" her sentance was cut off as she tripped over her daughter

2/14/2011 #47
ali.in.wonderland

Laney let go of Diane's hand and gasped as she tripped, making sure both of them were okay.

Malachi covered his mouth with his hand. He couldn't help but laugh.

2/14/2011 #48
SCopySCat91

"Cheyenne!" Diane scolded, her face turning beet red, "How many times have I told you, either stay after school or stay out of the way!" She turned towards Laney. "I am so sorry about that... Cheyenne, say sorry"

Her daughter crossed her arms and clenched her jaw shut, letting a mumbled apology slip through her lips

2/14/2011 #49
ali.in.wonderland

Laney smiled. "Oh, it's fine," She spoke softly, putting a hand on Cheyenne's shoulder.

Malachi's laughter had stopped and now he just stood there, awkward and silent.

2/14/2011 #50
SCopySCat91

Diane couldent help but wonder if she had been too harsh as Cheyenne moved slightly closer to Laney... and further away from Diane. She couldent help but wonder if she had just been completely awful when she felt the awkward silence come over the room. And she was glad when a customer came to the counter and ordered.

(I'm gonna make a mod descision here and say that what had been a light shower a few minutes ago is now a full blown storm. But due to the music and closed windows in the Diner, nobody notices)

2/14/2011 #51
ali.in.wonderland

Laney smiled at Cheyenne as she moved closer to her. She still felt rather guilty though. Poor Diane, her own daughter is afraid of her. She didn't do anything....

2/14/2011 #52
SCopySCat91

(Sorry! I lost this topic in my e-mail)

Diane looked away from her rather shady looking customer and over at Laney, "Hey, can you take this man's order?"

2/15/2011 #53
ali.in.wonderland

Laney smiled and nodded. "Of course, ma'am," Laney moved over next to Diane and began to speak to the man. "What'll it be, Sir?" She smiled widely.

2/15/2011 #54
SCopySCat91

As Laney was taking the order, Diane took her daughter into the back room to apologize

Upfront, the man looked at Laney and winked. "I'll have an order of Pochouse and Fries" He said, looking at her like she was something fascinating. "And to drink I'll have a Coke"

2/15/2011 #55
ali.in.wonderland

Laney smiled and blushed slightly. "Right away, Sir," She ran into the back to attempt to fill his order.

Malachi still stood to the side of the man. He looked him up and down, thinking of what he wanted.

2/15/2011 #56
SCopySCat91

"So, what am I cooking?" Diane asked, coming out of the back room and into the kitchen

2/15/2011 #57
ali.in.wonderland

Laney whipped out her little notebook thing and smiled at Diane. "Uh... pochouse and fries, Ma'am," Laney cocked her head, waiting for response from Diane.

2/16/2011 #58
SCopySCat91

Diane cussed under her breath, "Tell him it'll take a while," she said to Laney.

2/16/2011 #59
ali.in.wonderland

Laney smiled and nodded again. "Yes, ma'am," She answered as she left the room.

2/16/2011 . Edited 2/17/2011 #60
« Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »
Forum Moderators: SCopySCat91
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member