Club Blitz
WELCOME ALL TO ONE OF THE BEST FORUMS ON EARTH! OKay, maybe not, but there's a lot of cool folks here and I had to just hire a couple more mods. So come on in!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Frap

Just because I like certain bands and certain songs, I wanted a place to play said songs and all with lyrics....

Of course I figure we can do a game with this same theme, I just haven't thought of one as of yet.

So please enjoy singing the lyrics to said songs and by all means hum along at your computer if we run across something you know.

Only rule is to watch the profanity and any suggestive wordings in certain music.

I'm pretty open to all music art forms, but don't get nuts and please nothing TOO offensive.

Rock on meh peeps, rock on!

3/18/2011 #1
Frap

By Creed. I so love this song and this band.

"Higher" When dreaming I'm guided to another world Time and time again At sunrise I fight to stay asleep

'Cause I don't want to leave the comfort of this place

'Cause there's a hunger, a longing to escape From the life I live when I'm awake

So let's go there Let's make our escape Come on, let's go there Let's ask can we stay?

Can you take me Higher?

To a place where blind men see

Can you take me Higher?

To a place with golden streets

Although I would like our world to change

It helps me to appreciate Those nights and those dreams But, my friend,

I'd sacrifice all those nights If I could make the Earth and my dreams the same

The only difference is

To let love replace all our hate

So let's go there Let's make our escape

Come on, let's go there Let's ask can we stay?

Can you take me Higher?

To a place where blind men see

Can you take me Higher? To a place with golden streets

So lets go there, lets go there, Come on, lets go there

Lets ask can we stay? Up high I feel like I'm alive for the very first time

Set up high I'm strong enough to take these dreams And make them mine

Set up high I'm strong enough to take these dreams And make them mine

Can you take me Higher? To a place where blind men see

Can you take me Higher? To a place where blind men see

3/18/2011 . Edited 3/18/2011 #2
Frap

Haunted by Evanescence

Love this song too, just because....

Long lost words whisper slowly to me

Still can't find what keeps me here

When all this time I've been so hollow...inside

(I know your still there)

Watching me, wanting me I can feel you pull me down

Fearing you, loving you I know ill find you somehow

Hunting you, I can smell you Alive

Your heart pounding in my head Calling me,

Hearing me I wont let you pull me down Saving me,

Raping me Wont you leave....

Watching me, wanting me

I can feel you pull me down

Fearing you, Loving you I won't let you pull me down

Watching me, wanting me I can feel you pull me down

Fearing you, Loving you I won't let you pull me down

3/18/2011 . Edited 3/18/2011 #3
Frap

Trying to post these walls of text can be a challenge, yet sort of neat when it all posts up.

Katie Perry

Lyrics for Firework

Do you ever feel like a plastic bag Drifting throught the wind Wanting to start again

Do you ever feel, feel so paper thin Like a house of cards One blow from caving in

Do you ever feel already buried deep Six feet under scream But no one seems to hear a thing

Do you know that there's still a chance for you Cause there's a spark in you

You just gotta ignite the light And let it shine Just own the night Like the Fourth of July

Cause baby you're a firework Come on show 'em what you're worth Make 'em go "Oh, oh, oh!" As you shoot across the sky-y-y Baby you're a firework Come on let your colors burst Make 'em go "Oh, oh, oh!" You're gunna leave 'em fallin' down-own-own

You don't have to feel like a waste of space You're original, cannot be replaced If you only knew what the future holds After a hurricane comes a rainbow

Maybe you're reason why all the doors are closed So you could open one that leads you to the perfect road

Katy Perry Firework lyrics found on http://www.directlyrics.com/katy-perry-firework-lyrics.html Like a lightning bolt, your heart will blow And when it's time, you'll know

You just gotta ignite the light And let it shine Just own the night Like the Fourth of July

Cause baby you're a firework Come on show 'em what you're worth Make 'em go "Oh, oh, oh!" As you shoot across the sky-y-y

Baby you're a firework Come on let your colors burst Make 'em go "Oh, oh, oh!" You're gonna leave 'em all in awe-awe-awe"

Boom, boom, boom Even brighter than the moon, moon, moon It's always been inside of you, you, you And now it's time to let it through

Cause baby you're a firework Come on show 'em what your worth Make 'em go "Oh, oh, oh!" As you shoot across the sky-y-y

Baby you're a firework Come on slet your colors burst Make 'em go "Oh, oh, oh!" You're gonna leave 'em all in awe-awe-awe

Boom, boom, boom Even brighter than the moon, moon, moon Boom, boom, boom Even brighter than the moon, moon, moon

3/18/2011 . Edited 3/18/2011 #4
Frap

For all those times you stood by me

For all the truth that you made me see

For all the joy you brought to my life

For all the wrong that you made right

For every dream you made come true

For all the love I found in you I'll be forever thankful baby You're the one who held me up

Never let me fall You're the one who saw me through through it all

You were my strength when I was weak

You were my voice when I couldn't speak You were my eyes when I couldn't see

You saw the best there was in me

Lifted me up when I couldn't reach

You gave me faith 'coz you believed I'm everything\

I am Because you loved me

You gave me wings and made me fly

You touched my hand I could touch the sky I lost my faith,

you gave it back to me

You said no star was out of reach

You stood by me and I stood tall I had your love I had it all I'm grateful for each day you gave me

Maybe I don't know that much But I know this much is true

I was blessed because I was loved by you

You were my voice when I couldn't speak

You were my eyes when I couldn't see

You gave me faith 'coz you believed I'm everything I am

Because you loved me

You were always there for me

The tender wind that carried me

A light in the dark shining your love into my life

You've been my inspiration

Through the lies you were the truth

My world is a better place because of you

You were my voice when I couldn't speak

You were my eyes when I couldn't see

You gave me faith 'coz you believed I'm everything I am

Because you loved me I'm everything

I am Because you loved me

3/18/2011 . Edited 3/18/2011 #5
Rosemarysgraden001

Fairytale by Sara Bareilles :)

Cinderella's on her bedroom floor She's got a Crush on the guy at the liquor store Cause Mr. Charming don't come home anymore And she forgets why she came here Sleeping Beauty's in a foul mood For shame she says None for you dear prince, i'm tired today I'd rather sleep my whole life away than have you keep me from dreaming Cause i don't care for you fairytales You're so worried bout the maiden though you know She's only waiting on the next best thing Snow White is doing dishes again cause What else can you do With seven itty-bitty men? Sends them to bed and calls up a friend Says will you meet me at midnight? The tall blonde lets out a cry of despair says Would have cut it myself if i knew men could climb hair I'll have to find another tower somewhere and keep away from the windows Cause i don't care for you fairytales You're so worried bout the maiden though you know She's only waiting on the next best thing Once upon a time in a faraway kingdom Man made up a story said that i should believe him Go and tell your white knight that he's handsome in hindsight But i don't want the next best thing So i sing and hold my head down and i break these walls round me Can't take no more of your fairytale love Cause i don't care for you fairytales You're so worried bout the maiden though you know She's only waiting on the next best thing I don't care I don't care Worry bout the maiden though you know She's only waiting spent the whole life being graded on the sanctity of patience and a dumb Appreciation But the story needs some mending and a better happy ending Cause i don't want the next best thing No no i don't want the next best thing

3/18/2011 #6
ladygris

This Fragile Breath by Todd Agnew

I searched the world for a song that I could sing Praise to my King, a gift that I could bring. But nothing I found could compare to You, Not one could do justice to Your glory. What are my songs compared to Yours?

You speak with thunder and lightning. Your voice shakes the mountains, the foundations of the earth All I can offer is this fragile breath And with each one I'll praise You, With each one I'll praise You more!

And I searched the world for a poem I could read A rhyme that would bring praise to my King But no writing I found was worthy of This God so high above all other gods. What are my words compared to Yours?

You speak with thunder and lightning Your voice shakes the mountains, the foundations of the earth. All I can offer is this fragile breath, And with each one I'll praise You, With each one I'll praise You more!

*I just love that song, and it has become my personal theme song in life since I am also a musician as well as a writer. ;-)

3/19/2011 #7
surfercharlie25

"Knockin' on Heaven's Door" by Bob Dylan

Mama, take this badge off of me,

I can't use it anymore.

It's gettin' dark, too dark for me to see,

I feel I'm knockin' on heaven's door.

Knock, knock, knockin' on heaven's door

Mama, put my guns on the ground,

I can't shoot them anymore.

That long black cloud is comin' down,

I feel I'm knockin' on heaven's door.

Knock, knock, knockin' on heaven's door...

3/19/2011 #8
Hokuto Uchiha

Welcome to the Jungle by Guns N' Roses

Welcome to the jungle We got fun 'n' games We got everything you want Honey we know the names We are the people that can find Whatever you may need If you got the money honey We got your disease In the jungle Welcome to the jungle Watch it bring you to your knees, knees I wanna watch you bleed Welcome to the jungle We take it day by day If you want it you're gonna bleed But it's the price you pay And you're a very sexy girl That's very hard to please You can taste the bright lights But you won't get them for free In the jungle Welcome to the jungle Feel my, my, my serpentine I, i wanna hear you scream Welcome to the jungle It gets worse here everyday Ya learn ta live like an animal In the jungle where we play If you got a hunger for what you see You'll take it eventually You can have anything you want But you better not take it from me And when you're high you never Ever want to come down, yeah! You know where you are You're in the jungle baby You're gonna die In the jungle Welcome to the jungle Watch it bring you to your knees, knees In the jungle Welcome to the jungle Feel my, my, my serpentine In the jungle Welcome to the jungle Watch it bring you to your knees, knees In the jungle Welcome to the jungle Watch it bring you to your It's gonna bring you down! Ha!

3/19/2011 #9
Hokuto Uchiha

Minority by Green Day

I want to be the minority I don't need your authority Down with the moral majority 'Cause I want to be the minority I pledge allegiance to the underworld One nation under dark There of which I stand alone A face in the crowd Unsung, against the mold Without a doubt Singled out The only way I know 'Cause I want to be the minority I don't need your authority Down with the moral majority 'Cause I want to be the minority Stepped out of the line Like a sheep runs from the herd Marching out of time To my own beat now The only way I know One light, one mind Flashing in the dark Blinded by the silence of a thousand broken hearts "For crying out loud", she screamed unto me A free for all F*** 'em all You are your own sight 'Cause I want to be the minority I don't need your authority Down with the moral majority 'Cause I want to be the minority One light, one mind Flashing in the dark Blinded by the silence of a thousand broken hearts "For crying out loud", she screamed unto me A free for all F*** 'em all You are your own sight 'Cause I want to be the minority I don't need your authority Down with the moral majority 'Cause I want to be the minority be the minority I want to be the minority be the minority I want to be the minority

3/19/2011 #10
surfercharlie25

Make Your Own Kind of Music by The Mamas and the Papas

Nobody can tell ya; There's only one song worth singin'. They may try and sell ya, 'cause it hangs them up to see somone like you. But you've gotta make your own kind of music sing your own special song, make your own kind of music even if nobody else sing along. So if you cannot take my hand, and if you must be goin', I will understand. You're gonna be knowing the loneliest kind of lonely. It may be rough goin', just to do your thing's the hardest thing to do. But you've gotta make your own kind of music sing your own special song, make your own kind of music even if nobody else sings along. So if you cannot take my hand, and if you must be goin', I will understand. You gotta make your own kind of music sing your own special song, make your own kind of music even if nobody else sings along.

3/19/2011 #11
Frap

GUNS N ROSES FTW!!!!

I had to go and listen to that....Thanks Hoku!

3/19/2011 #12
Frap

Just the Way You Are - Bruno Mars

Oh her eyes, her eyes Make the stars look like they're not shining Her hair, her hair Falls perfectly without her trying

She's so beautiful And I tell her every day

Yeah I know, I know When I compliment her She wont believe me And its so, its so Sad to think she don't see what I see

But every time she asks me do I look okay I say

When I see your face There's not a thing that I would change Cause you're amazing Just the way you are And when you smile, The whole world stops and stares for awhile Cause girl you're amazing Just the way you are

Her nails, her nails I could kiss them all day if she'd let me Her laugh, her laugh She hates but I think its so sexy She's so beautiful Bruno Mars Just The Way You Are lyrics found on http://www.directlyrics.com/bruno-mars-just-the-way-you-are-lyrics.html And I tell her every day

Oh you know, you know, you know Id never ask you to change If perfect is what you're searching for Then just stay the same

So don't even bother asking If you look okay You know I say

When I see your face There's not a thing that I would change Cause you're amazing Just the way you are And when you smile, The whole world stops and stares for awhile Cause girl you're amazing Just the way you are

The way you are The way you are Girl you're amazing Just the way you are

3/19/2011 #13
Frap

"Ordinary People" - John Legend [Verse 1] Girl im in love with you This ain't the honeymoon Past the infatuation phase Right in the thick of love At times we get sick of love It seems like we argue everyday

[Bridge]

I know i misbehaved And you made your mistakes And we both still got room left to grow And though love sometimes hurts I still put you first And we'll make this thing work But I think we should take it slow

[Chorus]

We're just ordinary people We don't know which way to go Cuz we're ordinary people Maybe we should take it slow (Take it slow oh oh ohh) This time we'll take it slow (Take it slow oh oh ohh) This time we'll take it slow

[Verse 2]

This ain't a movie no No fairy tale conclusion ya'll It gets more confusing everyday Sometimes it's heaven sent Then we head back to hell again We kiss then we make up on the way

[Bridge]

I hang up you call We rise and we fall And we feel like just walking away As our love advances We take second chances Though it's not a fantasy I Still want you to stay

[Chorus]

We're just ordinary people We don't know which way to go Cuz we're ordinary people Maybe we should take it slow (Take it slow oh oh ohh) This time we'll take it slow (Take it slow oh oh ohh) This time we'll take it slow

[Verse 3]

Take it slow Maybe we'll live and learn Maybe we'll crash and burn Maybe you'll stay, maybe you'll leave, maybe you'll return Maybe another fight Maybe we won't survive But maybe we'll grow We never know baby youuuu and I

[Chorus]

We're just ordinary people We don't know which way to go Cuz we're ordinary people Maybe we should take it slow (Heyyy) We're just ordinary people We don't know which way to go Cuz we're ordinary people Maybe we should take it slow (Take it slow oh oh ohh) This time we'll take it slow (Take it slow oh oh ohh) This time we'll take it slow

3/19/2011 #14
surfercharlie25

Eve of Destruction by Barry Maguire

The eastern world it is explodin', violence flarin', bullets loadin', you're old enough to kill but not for votin', you don't believe in war, what's that gun you're totin', and even the Jordan river has bodies floatin', but you tell me over and over and over again my friend, ah, you don't believe we're on the eve of destruction. Don't you understand, what I'm trying to say? Can't you see the fears that I'm feeling today? If the button is pushed, there's no running away, There'll be no one to save with the world in a grave, take a look around you, boy, it's bound to scare you, boy, and you tell me over and over and over again my friend, ah, you don't believe we're on the eve of destruction. Yeah, my blood's so mad, feels like coagulatin', I'm sittin' here, just contemplatin', I can't twist the truth, it knows no regulation, handful of Senators don't pass legislation, and marches alone can't bring integration, when human respect is disintegratin', this whole crazy world is just too frustratin', and you tell me over and over and over again my friend, ah, you don't believe we're on the eve of destruction. Think of all the hate there is in Red China Then take a look around to Selma, Alabama! Ah, you may leave here, for four days in space, but when you return, it's the same old place, the poundin' of the drums, the pride and disgrace, you can bury your dead, but don't leave a trace, hate your next-door-neighbour, but don't forget to say grace, and you tell me over and over and over and over again my friend, you don't believe we're on the eve of destruction. no no you don't believe we're on the eve of destruction.

3/20/2011 #15
surfercharlie25

Pieces of April by Three Dog Night

April gave us springtime and the promise of the flowers And the feeling that we both shared and the love that we called ours We knew no time for sadness, that's a road we each had crossed We were living a time meant for us, and even when it would rain we would laugh it off. I've got pieces of April, I keep them in a memory bouquet I've got pieces of April, it's a morning in May We stood on the crest of summer, beneath an oak that blossomed green Feeling as I did in April, not really knowing what it means But it must be then that you stand beside me now to make me feel this way Just as I did in April, but it's a morning in May. I've got pieces of April, I keep them in a memory bouquet I've got pieces of April, but it's a morning in May I've got pieces of April, I keep them in a memory bouquet I've got pieces of April, but it's a morning in May

3/20/2011 #16
Frap

Love the Way You Lie - Eminem and Rhianna

Just gonna stand there And watch me burn But that's alright Because I like The way it hurts Just gonna stand there And hear me cry But that's alright Because I love The way you lie I love the way you lie

I love the way you lie

I can't tell you what it really is I can only tell you what it feels like And right now there's a steel knife In my windpipe I can't breathe

But I still fight While I can fight As long as the wrong feels right It's like I'm in flight High of a love Drunk from the hate It's like I'm huffing paint And I love it the more that I suffer

I sufficate And right before im about to drown She resuscitates me She f*** hates me And I love it Wait

Where you going I'm leaving you No you ain't

Come back We're running right back Here we go again It's so insane

Cause when it's going good It's going great I'm Superman With the wind in his bag

She's Lois Lane But when it's bad It's awful I feel so ashamed I snap

Who's that dude I don't even know his name I laid hands on her I'll never stoop so low again I guess I don't know my own strength Just gonna stand there And watch me burn But that's alright Because I like The way it hurts

Just gonna stand there And hear me cry But that's alright Because I love The way you lie I love the way you lie I love the way you lie

You ever love somebody so much You can barely breathe When you're with them You meet

And neither one of you Even know what hit 'em Got that warm fuzzy feeling Yeah them chills Used to get 'em Now you're getting f*** sick Of looking at 'em

You swore you've never hit 'em Never do nothing to hurt 'em Now you're in each other's face Spewing venom And these words When you spit 'em You push

Pull each other's hair Scratch, claw, bit 'em Throw 'em down Eminem Love The Way You Lie lyrics found on http://www.directlyrics.com/eminem-love-the-way-you-lie-lyrics.html

Pin 'em So lost in the moments When you're in 'em

It's the rage that took over It controls you both So they say it's best To go your separate ways Guess that they don't know ya Cause today

That was yesterday Yesterday is over It's a different day Sound like broken records Playin' over

But you promised her Next time you'll show restraint You don't get another chance Life is no Nintendo game But you lied again Now you get to watch her leave Out the window Guess that's why they call it window pane

Just gonna stand there And watch me burn But that's alright Because I like The way it hurts

Just gonna stand there And hear me cry But that's alright Because I love The way you lie I love the way you lie I love the way you lie

Now I know we said things Did things That we didn't mean And we fall back Into the same patterns Same routine But your temper's just as bad As mine is

You're the same as me But when it comes to love You're just as blinded Baby please come back It wasn't you

Baby it was me Maybe our relationship Isn't as crazy as it seems Maybe that's what happens When a tornado meets a volcano

All I know is I love you too much To walk away though Come inside

Pick up your bags off the sidewalk Don't you hear sincerity In my voice when I talk Told you this is my fault Look me in the eyeball Next time I'm pissed

I'll aim my fist At the dry wall Next time There will be no next time

I apologize Even though I know it's lies I'm tired of the games I just want her back I know I'm a liar

If she ever tries to f*** leave again I'mma tie her to the bed And set the house on fire

Just gonna stand there And watch me burn But that's alright Because I like The way it hurts

Just gonna stand there And hear me cry But that's alright Because I love The way you lie

I love the way you lie I love the way you lie

3/20/2011 #17
Frap

The Time of Our Lives

(Dirty Dancing Version - the only one that actually is good. Hate the Black Eyed Peas version)

Boy: Now I've had the time of my life No I never felt like this before Yes I swear it's the truth and I owe it all to you

Girl: 'Cause I've had the time of my life and I owe it all to you Boy: I've been waiting for so long Now I've finally found someone To stand by me Girl: We saw the writing on the wall As we felt this magical fantasy

Both: Now with passion in our eyes There's no way we could disguise it secretly So we take each other's hand 'Cause we seem to understand the urgency Boy: just remember Girl: You're the one thing Boy: I can't get enough of Girl: So I'll tell you something Both:This could be love because (CHORUS) Both: I've had the time of my life No I never felt this way before Yes I swear it's the truth And I owe it all to you 'Cause I've had the time of my life And I've searched through every open door 'Til I found the truth And I owe it all to you

Girl: With my body and soul I want you more than you'll ever know Boy: So we'll just let it go Don't be afraid to lose control Girl: Yes I know whats on your mind When you say: "Stay with me tonight." Boy: Just remember You're the one thing Girl: I can't get enough of Boy: So I'll tell you something Both: This could be love because (CHORUS) Both: 'Cause I had the time of my life No I've never felt this way before Yes I swear it's the truth And I owe it all to you 'Cause I've had the time of my life And I've searched through every open door Till I found the truth and I owe it all to you

*Instrumental* Boy: Now I've had the time of my life No I never felt this way before (Girl: Never Felt this way) Boy: Yes I swear it's the truth and I owe it all to you Both: 'Cause I had the time of my life And I've searched through every open door Till I've found the truth and I owe it all to you

Both: "cause I've had the time of my life No I've never felt this way before Yes I swear it's the truth And I owe it all to you

3/20/2011 #18
Rosemarysgraden001

I love this song and the movie, since I was thirteen, rip Patrick Swayze.

3/20/2011 #19
Frap

I simply ADORE the scene when they go to the hall for the first time when they meet.

'Do the mash potatoe...do the mash the potatoe...do the twist ....do the twist....'

Awww the memories from that film alone....Yes, I miss Patrick Swayze....The man was a beautiful spirit and fighter...

Thank God for AMC....

3/20/2011 #20
Rosemarysgraden001

I love that scene ! Or the hungry eyes scene. I like the way you think..:)

3/20/2011 #21
surfercharlie25

I LOVE Dirty Dancing! I used to have a big crush on Jennifer Grey when I was younger... :) But, seriously. Great soundtrack, Patrick Swayze (R.I.P.), Jennifer Grey, Jerry Orbach, great dancing... how could it not be good? It's seriously one of my favorite '80s movies, right up there with Risky Business, Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Back to the Future!

Anyway, I just discovered what the name of one of my favorite songs, and I'm excited! I thought I'd share the lyrics with you:

Beginnings by Chicago

When I'm with you, it doesn't matter where we are, Or what we're doing. I'm with you, that's all that matters. Time passes much too quickly when we're together laughing. I wish I could sing it to you, oh no, I wish I could sing it to you. Mostly I'm silent. Never think about words to say. When I kiss you, I feel a thousand different feelings. The color of chills all over my body. And when I feel them, I quickly try to decide which one I should try to put into words, oh no, Try to put into words. Mostly I'm silent. Only the beginning of what I want to feel forever. Only the beginning. Only just the start. I've got to get you into my life. Got to get you next to me. Only the beginning. Only just the start.

3/21/2011 #22
Rosemarysgraden001

The breakfast club is a classic along with pretty in pink, okay song lyric time....

Mary Anne and Wanda were the best of friends All through their high school days Both members of the 4H Club Both active in the FFA After graduation Mary Anne went out lookin' for a bright new world Wanda looked all around this town and all she found was Earl Well it wasn't two weeks after she got married that Wanda started gettin' abused She put on dark glasses and long sleeved blouses And make-up to cover a bruise Well she finally got the nerve to file for divorce She let the law take it from there But Earl walked right through that restraining order And put her in intensive care Right away Mary Anne flew in from Atalnta On a red eye midnight flight She held Wanda's hand as they worked out a plan And it didn't take long to decided That Earl had to die Goodbye Earl Those black-eyed peas They tasted all right to me Earl You're feeling weak Why don't you lay down and sleep Earl Ain't it dark Wrapped up in that tarp Earl The cops came to bring Earl in They searched the house high and low Then they tipped their hats and said 'Thank You ladies if you hear from him let us know' Well the weeks went by and Spring turned to Summer And Summer faded into Fall And it turns out he was a missing person who nobody missed al all So the girls bouth some land and a roadside stand Out on Highway 109 They sell Tennessee ham and strawberry jame And they don't lose any sleep at night 'cause Earl had to die Goodbye Earl We need a break Let's go out to the lake Earl We'll pack a lunch And stuff you in the trunk Earl Well is that all right Good Let's go for a ride Earl hey

I loved this song when I was eight..

3/21/2011 #23
surfercharlie25

Haha I love that song! One of my favorite country songs! It reminds me of Thelma and Louise, which is one of my fave movies, so maybe that's why. I'm a major feminist, and anything that shows women can be tough and take care of themselves is great in my book.

Here's another of my favorite country songs:

The Devil Went Down to Georgia by The Charlie Daniels Band

The devil went down to Georgia, he was looking for a soul to steal. He was in a bind 'cos he was way behind: he was willin' to make a deal. When he came across this young man sawin' on a fiddle and playin' it hot. And the devil jumped upon a hickory stump and said: "Boy let me tell you what: "I bet you didn't know it, but I'm a fiddle player too. "And if you'd care to take a dare, I'll make a bet with you. "Now you play a pretty good fiddle, boy, but give the devil his due: "I bet a fiddle of gold against your soul, 'cos I think I'm better than you." The boy said: "My name's Johnny and it might be a sin, "But I'll take your bet, your gonna regret, 'cos I'm the best that's ever been." Johnny you rosin up your bow and play your fiddle hard. 'Cos hells broke loose in Georgia and the devil deals the cards. And if you win you get this shiny fiddle made of gold. But if you lose, the devil gets your soul. The devil opened up his case and he said: "I'll start this show." And fire flew from his fingertips as he rosined up his bow. And he pulled the bow across his strings and it made an evil hiss. Then a band of demons joined in and it sounded something like this. When the devil finished, Johnny said: "Well you're pretty good ol' son. "But sit down in that chair, right there, and let me show you how its done." Fire on the mountain, run boys, run. The devil's in the house of the risin' sun. Chicken in the bread pan, pickin' out dough. "Granny, does your dog bite?" "No, child, no." The devil bowed his head because he knew that he'd been beat. He laid that golden fiddle on the ground at Johnny's feet. Johnny said: "Devil just come on back if you ever want to try again. "I told you once, you son of a gun, I'm the best that's ever been." And he played fire on the mountain, run boys, run. The devil's in the house of the risin' sun. Chicken in the bread pan, now they're pickin' out dough. "Granny, will your dog bite?" "No, child, no."

3/21/2011 #24
Rosemarysgraden001

I love that song, I love the fiddle! Im a feminist some level too lol, I like so many country songs ,they all blend together now, I heard tequila makes her clothes come off this morning.

3/21/2011 #25
surfercharlie25

Haha! That song is just so goofy; you've gotta love it! I guess I was wrong when I said I don't like country; I like a good amount of it!

Here's two of my favorites that they never play on the radio; they're both by the same person, Chris LeDoux:

Billy the Kid

In the southern part of Texas, east and west of El Paso Where the mighty Franklin Mountains guard the trail to Mexico. Theres a new made widow cryin and a hurse a-rollin slow, And I guess that Devils passed this way again. Theres a lathered sorrel stallion runnin through the Joshua Trees, A young man in the saddle with his coat tails in the breeze. Got a six gun on his right hip and a rifle at his knee, And hes dealin in a game that he cant win. CHORUS Poor Billy Bonney, youre only twenty-one, Pat Garretts got your name on every bullet in his gun. Each notch you carved on your six-guns got a bloody tale to tell Well, youre a mile ahead of Garrett and a step outside of hell. Them fancy clothes youre wearin and the women in your bed, Cant take away the faces of the men that you left dead. As you ride across the badlands with a price upon your head, Now that wheel or fortune starts to turn. Your reputations grown till its the biggest in the land, And there aint a lot of people left who wanna call your hand. And I guess youll go down shootin just like all branded men, And when you shake hands with the Devil you get burned. CHORUS x 2

Look at You, Girl

Just look at you, girl Standin' here beside me Starlight on your hair Lookin' like a dream I dreamed somewhere And look at me, girl You got me actin' just like a lover In an old time picture show And how I got the part -- I just don't know But it's written all across your face Plain as it can be You're the one that I was lookin' for Now you're all that I can see CHORUS: You mean everything to me And I'd do anything to have you stay forever I'm an ordinary man But I feel like I could do anything in the world When I look at you, girl Verse: Just look at you, girl Walkin' here beside me Misty morning light I see my own reflection in your eyes And just smile at me, girl With eyes that tell a story That words can never say tellin' me your love is gonna stay And we're standin' right together now In everything we do And if my world should come apart I'll still be lovin' you REPEAT CHORUS

3/21/2011 #26
Rosemarysgraden001

Nice, I'm just glad to have Jason Aldean out of my head, three days of torture and I also had the song She gone country stuck in my head.

3/21/2011 #27
surfercharlie25

Yeah, I don't like Jason Aldean either. I don't know, he doesn't seem... western enough to be a country singer. And isn't it weird that it's always songs you don't like as much that get stuck in your head?

Here's another country song for you, by the best group in country history, I think:

Highwayman by The Highwaymen (Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, Kris Kristofferson)

I was a highwayman. Along the coach roads I did ride With sword and pistol by my side Many a young maid lost her baubles to my trade Many a soldier shed his lifeblood on my blade The b*** hung me in the spring of twenty-five But I am still alive. I was a sailor. I was born upon the tide And with the sea I did abide. I sailed a schooner round the Horn to Mexico I went aloft and furled the mainsail in a blow And when the yards broke off they said that I got killed But I am living still. I was a dam builder. Across the river deep and wide. Where steel and water did collide A place called Boulder on the wild Colorado I slipped and fell into the wet concrete below They buried me in that great tomb that knows no sound But I am still around..I'll always be around..and around and around and around and around I fly a starship across the Universe divide And when I reach the other side I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can Perhaps I may become a highwayman again Or I may simply be a single drop of rain But I will remain And I'll be back again, and again and again and again and again..

3/21/2011 #28
Rosemarysgraden001

It is weird, I don't know If i could pick one group thats the best.

(Taylor Swift duah!)

ou take a deep breath and you walk through the doors It's the morning of your very first day And you say hi to your friends you ain't seen in a while Try and stay out of everybody's way It's your freshman year and you're gonna be here For the next four years in this town Hoping one of those senior boys will wink at you and say "You know, I haven't seen you around before" 'Cause when you're fifteen and somebody tells you they love you You're gonna believe them And when you're fifteen feeling like there's nothing to figure out Well, count to ten, take it in This is life before you know who you're gonna be Fifteen You sit in class next to a redhead named Abigail And soon enough you're best friends Laughing at the other girls who think they're so cool We'll be outta here as soon as we can And then you're on your very first date and he's got a car And you're feeling like flying And you're momma's waiting up and you're thinking he's the one And you're dancing 'round your room when the night ends When the night ends 'Cause when you're fifteen and somebody tells you they love you You're gonna believe them When you're fifteen and your first kiss Makes your head spin 'round But in your life you'll do things greater than Dating the boy on the football team But I didn't know it at fifteen When all you wanted was to be wanted Wish you could go back and tell yourself what you know now Back then I swore I was gonna marry him someday But I realized some bigger dreams of mine And Abigail gave everything she had to a boy Who changed his mind and we both cried 'Cause when you're fifteen and somebody tells you they love you You're gonna believe them And when you're fifteen, don't forget to look before you fall I've found time can heal most anything And you just might find who you're supposed to be I didn't know who I was supposed to be at fifteen Your very first day Take a deep breath girl Take a deep breath as you walk through the doors

3/21/2011 #29
surfercharlie25

I love that song! I'm a reluctant Taylor Swift fan, but I like her now; my sister turned me on to her!

Here's my favorite song of hers:

Breathe

I see your face in my mind as I drive away, Cause none of us thought it was gonna end that way. People are people, And sometimes we change our minds. But its killing me to see you go after all this time. Mmm mmm mmm Mmm mmm mmm mmm mmm Mmm mmm mmm Mmm mmm mmm mmm mmm Music starts playin like the end of a sad movie, Its the kinda ending you dont really wanna see. Cause its tragedy and itll only bring you down, Now I dont know what to be without you around. And we know its never simple, Never easy. Never a clean break, noone here to save me. Youre the only thing I know like the back of my hand, And I cant, Breathe, Without you, But I have to, Breathe, Without you, But I have to. Never wanted this, never wanna see you hurt. Every little bump in the road I tried to swerve. But people are people, And sometimes it doesnt work out, Nothing we say is gonna save us from the fall out. And we know its never simple, Never easy. Never a clean break, no one here to save me. Youre the only thing I know like the back of my hand, And I cant, Breathe, Without you, But I have to, Breathe, Without you, But I have to. Its two a.m. Feelin' like I just lost a friend. Hope you know its not easy, Easy for me. Its two a.m. Feelin like I just lost a friend. Hope you know this aint easy, Easy for me. And we know its never simple, Never easy. Never a clean break, noone here to save me. Ohhh I cant, Breathe, Without you, But I have to, Breathe, Without you, But I have to. Sorry (oh) Sorry (mmm) Sorry (eh eh) Sorry (mmm) Sorry (eh eh) Sorry (mmm) Sorry

3/21/2011 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Frap Spiral Architect, Hokuto Uchiha, YFIQ, surfercharlie25, Rosemarysgraden001
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member