Club Blitz
WELCOME ALL TO ONE OF THE BEST FORUMS ON EARTH! OKay, maybe not, but there's a lot of cool folks here and I had to just hire a couple more mods. So come on in!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 .. Last Next »
Rosemarysgraden001

(announcer) ladies and gentleman miss velma kelly in an act of desperation (velma kelly) my sister and i had an act that couldn't flock, my sister and i were headed straight for the top, my sister and earned a vow a week at least, oh yea but my sister is now unfortunetly deceased, i know its sad of course but a fact is still a fact and now all that remains is the remains, of a perfect... double... act watch this! now you have to imagine it with two people, its swell with two people, first i'd, then she'd then we'd but i can't do it alone then she'd then i'd then we'd but i can't do it alone she'd say what's your sister like i'd say men she'd say your the cats meow then we'd wow the crowd again when she'd go i'd go we'd go then those ding song daddys started to roar whistled, stomped, stamped on the floor, yelling, screaming, begging for more, and we'd say ok fellows, keep your socks up, cause you ain't seen nothing yet but i simply cannot do it alone, so what'd ya think huh? come on you can say (roxie blows a rasberry) (velma) i know you're right the first part is s*** but the second, the second part is really nifty, ok she'd go i'd go we'd go then those two-bit johnny's did it aproud to cheer the best attraction in town they nearly tore the balcony down, and we'd ok boys we're going home, but before we go heres a few more part in shots, and this, this we did in perfect unison no you see me going through it you make think theres nothing to it but i simply cannot do it... alone(hold note)

3/29/2011 #211
surfercharlie25

Yay! More Chicago :)

From The Music Man :) :

Marian the Librarian

Harold: Madam Librarian What can I do, my dear, to catch your ear I love you madly, madly Madam Librarian...Marian Heaven help us if the library caught on fire And the Volunteer Hose Brigademen Had to whisper the news to Marian...Madam Librarian! What can I say, my dear, to make it clear I need you badly, badly, Madam Librarian...Marian If I stumbled and I busted my what-you-may-call-it I could lie on your floor 'Till my body had turned to carrion....Madam Librarian. Now in the moonlight, a man could sing it In the moonlight And a fellow would know that his darling Had heard ev'ry word of his song With the moonlight helping along. But when I try in here to tell you, dear I love you madly, madly, Madam Librarian...Marian It's a long lost cause I can never win For the civilized world accepts as unforgivable sin Any talking out loud with any librarian Such as Marian.....Madam Librarian.

3/30/2011 #212
Rosemarysgraden001
A Very Potter Musical Gotta Get Back To Howgarts Part 1 Lyrics

HARRY: Underneath these stairs I hear the sneers and feel glares of my cousin, my uncle and my aunt. Can't believe how cruel they are and it stings my lighting scar to know that they'll never ever give me what I want. I know I don't deserve these stupid rules made by the Dursleys here on Privet drive. Can't take all of these muggles, but despite all of my struggles, I'm still alive. Im sick of summer and this waiting around. Man, its September, and Im skipping this town Hey Its no mystery, theres nothing here for me now I gotta get back to Hogwarts, I gotta get back to school. Gotta get myself to Hogwarts, where everybody knows I'm cool. Back to wizards and witches, and magical beasts, to goblins and ghosts and to magical feasts. Its all that I love, and it's all that I need. HOGWARTS, HOGWARTS, I think I'm going back--- I'll see my friends, gonna laugh 'til we cry take my Firebolt, gonna take to the sky NO WAY this year anyone's gonna die, and it's gonna be totally awesome I'll cast some spells, with a flick of my wand defeat the dark arts, yeah bring it on! and do it all with my best friend ron, 'cuz together we're totally awesome RON: yeah, and it's gonna be totally awesome! Dialogue RON: It's been so long, but we're going back don't go for work, don't go there for class HARRY: As long as were together-- RON: -- gonna kick some a** HARRY & RON: ... and its gonna be totally awesome! This year we'll take everybody by storm, stay up all night, sneak out of our dorm HERMIONE: but let's not forget that we need to perform well in class if we want to pass our OWLS! Dialogue HERMIONE: I may be frumpy, but I'm super smart check out my grades, they're "A's" for a start what I lack in looks well I make up in heart, and well guys, yeah, that's totally awesome this year I plan to study a lot... RON: that would be cool if you were actually hot HARRY: hey Ron, come on, we're the only friends that she's got! RON: and that's cool... HERMIONE: ... and that's totally awesome HARRY, RON, HERMIONE: yeah it's so cool, and it's totally awesome! we're sick of summer and this waiting around it's like we're sitting in the lost and found don't take no sorcery for anyone to see how... we gotta get back to hogwarts we gotta get back to school we gotta get back to hogwarts where everything is magic-cooooool EVERYONE: back to wizards and witches, and magical beasts to goblins and ghosts and to magical feasts it's all that I love, and it's all that I need at HOGWARTS, HOGWARTS HARRY, RON, HERMIONE: --- I think we're going back...

3/30/2011 #213
surfercharlie25

A Very Potter Musical! So funny!

I'm reading through Finishing the Hat by Stephen Sondheim (the greatest lyricist on Broadway now), so I thought I'd post what I consider to be among his best work :)

THis from Sweeney Todd:

Epiphany

I had him! His throat was there beneath my hand. No, I had him! His throat was there and now he'll never come again. Mrs. Lovett: Easy now, hush love hush I keep telling you, Whats your rush? Todd: When? Why did I wait? You told me to wait - Now he'll never come again. There's a hole in the world like a great black pit And it's filled with people who are filled with s*** And the vermin of the world inhabit it. But not for long... They all deserve to die. Tell you why, Mrs. Lovett, tell you why. Because in all of the whole human race Mrs. Lovett, there are two kinds of men and only two There's the one staying put in his proper place And the one with his foot in the other one's face Look at me, Mrs Lovett, look at you. No, we all deserve to die Tell you why, Mrs. Lovett, tell you why. Because the lives of the wicked should be made brief For the rest of us death will be a relief We all deserve to die. And I'll never see Johanna No I'll never hug my girl to me - finished! Alright! You sir, you sir, how about a shave? Come and visit your good friend Sweeney. You sir, too sir? Welcome to the grave. I will have vengenance. I will have salvation. Who sir, you sir? No ones in the chair, Come on! Come on! Sweeney's. waiting. I want you bleeders. You sir! Anybody! Gentlemen now don't be shy! Not one man, no, nor ten men. Nor a hundred can assuage me. I will have you! And I will get him back even as he gloats In the meantime I'll practice on less honorable throats. And my Lucy lies in ashes And I'll never see my girl again. But the work waits! I'm alive at last! And I'm full of joy!

3/30/2011 #214
Rosemarysgraden001

On the twenty-third day of the month of September in an early year of a decade not too long before our own, the human race suddenly encountered a deadly threat to its very existence. And this terrifying enemy surfaced, as such enemies often do, in the seemingly most innocent and unlikely of places. [CRYSTAL, RONETTE, CHIFFON] Little shop, little shoppa horrors. Little shop, little shoppa terror. Call a cop. Little shoppa horrors. No, oh, oh, no-oh! Little shop, little shoppa horrors. Bop sh'bop, little shoppa terror. Watch 'em drop! Little shoppa horrors. No, oh, oh, no-oh! Shing-a-ling, what a creepy thing to be happening! Shang-a-lang, feel the sturm and drang in the air. Sha-la-la, stop right where you are. Don't you move a thing. You better (tellin' you, you better) Tell your mama somethin's gonna get her She better (ev'rybody better) Beware! Little shop, little shoppa horrors. Bop sh-bop, you'll never stop the terror. Little shop, little shoppa horrors. No, oh, oh, no, oh, oh, no, oh, oh, no!

3/30/2011 #215
surfercharlie25

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE that song! One of my fave musicals, that is!

Listening to this song, one of my faves, always makes me laugh:

Centerfold- J. Geils Band

Does she walk? Does she talk? Does she come complete? My homeroom homeroom angel Always pulled me from my seat She was pure like snowflakes No one could ever stain The memory of my angel Could never cause me pain Years go by I'm lookin' through a girly magazine And there's my homeroom angel on the pages in-between CHORUS: My blood runs cold My memory has just been sold My angel is the centerfold Angel is the centerfold (Repeat) Slipped me notes under the desk While I was thinkin' about her dress I was shy I turned away Before she caught my eye I was shakin' in my shoes Whenever she flashed those baby-blues Something had a hold on me When angel passed close by Those soft and fuzzy sweaters Too magical to touch Too see her in that negligee Is really just too much CHORUS It's okay I understand This ain't no never-never land I hope that when this issue's gone I'll see you when your clothes are on Take you car, Yes we will We'll take your car and drive it We'll take it to a motel room And take 'em off in private A part of me has just been ripped The pages from my mind are stripped Oh no, I can't deny it Oh yea, I guess I gotta buy it!

3/30/2011 #216
Rosemarysgraden001
Elvis Presley Good Time Charlie's Got The Blues lyricsEverybody's gone away Said they're movin to L.A. There's not a soul I know around Everybody's leavin' town Some caught a freight, some caught a plane Find the sunshine, leave the rain They said this town were a waste of time I guess they're right, it's wasting mine Some gotta win, some gotta lose Good time Charlie's got the blues Good time Charlie's got the blues You know my heart keeps tellin' me You're not a kid at thirty-three Play around you'll lose your wife You play too hard you'll lose your life Some gotta win, some gotta lose Good time Charlie's got the blues Good time Charlie's got the blues Good time Charlie's got the blues Some gotta win, some gotta lose Good time Charlie's got the blues Good time Charlie's got the blues Good time Charlie's got the blues
3/30/2011 #217
surfercharlie25

Elvis! How could anybody NOT love him?

Here's my fave song by the King, especially the remixed version:

Rubberneckin'

Stop, look and listen baby that's my philosophy If your rubberneckin' baby well that's all right with me Stop, look and listen baby that's my philosophy It's called rubberneckin' baby but that's all right with me Some people say I'm wasting time but they don't really know I like what I see I see what I like it gives me such a glow First thing in the morning, last thing at night I look, stare everywhere and see everything insight Stop, look and listen baby that's my philosophy If your rubberneckin' baby well that's all right with me Some people say I'm wasting time but they don't really know I like what I see I see what I like yer, it gives me such a glow Sittin' on the back porch all by myself Along came Mary Jane and I'm with somebody else Stop, look and listen baby that's my philosophy If your rubberneckin' baby well that's all right with me Stop, look and listen baby that's my philosophy It's called rubberneckin' baby but that's all right with me Stop look and listen baby that's my philosophy yes it is now

3/30/2011 #218
Rosemarysgraden001

Blue Moon You saw me standing alone Without a dream in my heart Without a love of my own Blue Moon You know just what I was there for You heard me saying a prayer for Someone I really could care for And then there suddenly appeared before me The only one my arms will hold I heard somebody whisper please adore me And when I looked to the Moon it turned to gold Blue Moon Now I'm no longer alone Without a dream in my heart Without a love of my own And then there suddenly appeared before me The only one my arms will ever hold I heard somebody whisper please adore me And when I looked the Moon had turned to gold Blue moon Now I'm no longer alone Without a dream in my heart Without a love of my own Blue moon Now I'm no longer alone Without a dream in my heart Without a love of my own

3/30/2011 #219
surfercharlie25

Lovely song! Never get tired of it :)

Moon river, wider than a mile, I'm crossing you in style, some day. Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker, Wherever you're goin', I'm goin' your way. Two drifters, off to see the world, [- From: http://www.elyrics.net/read/s/sarah-brightman-lyrics/moon-river-lyrics.html -] There's such a lot of world to see. We're after the same rainbow's end, Waitin' 'round the bend, My huckleberry friend, Moon river, and me!

3/30/2011 #220
Rosemarysgraden001

[Intro] DUM-DE-DE-DUM, DE-DE-DUM-DE-DE-DUM, DE-DAA-DAAAAA DUM-DE-DE-DUM, DE-DE-DUM-DE-DE-DUM, DE-DAA-DAA-DAA-DAA-DAAAA! Well, I walk into the room Passing out hundred dollar bills And it kills and it thrills like the horns on my Silverado grill And I buy the bar a double round of crown And everybody's getting down An' this town ain't never gonna be the same. [Chorus:] Cause I saddle up my horse and I ride into the city I make a lot of noise Cause the girls They are so pretty Riding up and down Broadway on my old stud Leroy And the girls say Save a horse, ride a cowboy. Everybody says Save a horse, Ride a cowboy Well I don't give a dang about nothing I'm singing and Bling- Blanging While the girls are drinking Long necks down! And I wouldn't trade ol' Leroy or my Chevrolet for your Escalade Or your freak parade I'm the only John Wayne left in this town And I saddle up my horse and I ride into the city I make a lot of noise Cause the girls They are so pretty Riding up and down Broadway on my old stud Leroy And the girls say Save a horse, ride a cowboy. Everybody says Save a horse, Ride a cowboy [Spoken:] I'm a thourough-bred that's what she said in the back of my truck bed As I was gettin' buzzed on suds Out on some back country road. We where flying high Fining, whine, having ourselves a big and rich time And I was going, just about as far as she'd let me go. But her evaluation of my cowboy reputation Had me begging for salvation all night long So I took her out giggin frogs Introduced her to my old bird dog And sang her every Wilie Nelson song I could think of And we made love And I saddled up my horse and I ride into the city I make a lot of noise Cause the girls They are so pretty Riding up and down Broadway on my old stud Leroy And the girls say Save a horse, ride a cowboy. Everybody says Save a horse, Ride a cowboy What? What? Save A Horse Ride A Cowboy Everybody says Save a Horse Ride a cowboy.

3/30/2011 #221
surfercharlie25

Passionate Kisses- Mary Chapin Carpenter

Is it too much to ask I want a comfortable bed that won't hurt my back Food to fill me up And warm clothes and all that stuff Shouldn't I have this Shouldn't I have this Shouldn't I have all of this, and Passionate kisses Passionate kisses, whoa oh oh Passionate kisses from you Is it too much to demand I want a full house and a rock and roll band Pens that won't run out of ink And cool quiet and time to think Shouldn't I have this Shouldn't I have this Shouldn't I have all of this, and Passionate kisses Passionate kisses, whoa oh oh Passionate kisses from you Do I want too much Am I going overboard to want that touch I shout it out to the night "Give me what I deserve, 'cause it's my right" Shouldn't I have this (shouldn't I) Shouldn't I have this (shouldn't I) Shouldn't I have all of this, and Passionate kisses Passionate kisses, whoa oh oh Passionate kisses from you Passionate kisses Passionate kisses, whoa oh oh Passionate kisses from you

3/31/2011 #222
Rosemarysgraden001

I don't want another heartbreak I don't need another turn to cry I don't want to learn the hard way Baby Hello, oh no, goodbye But you got me like a rocket Shooting straight across the sky... It's the way you love me It's a feeling like this-- It's centrifical motion It's pertpetual bliss. It's that pivotal moment It's Impossible This Kiss, This Kiss (Unstoppable) This Kiss, This Kiss Cinderella said to Snow White How does love get so off course? All I wanted was a white knight With a good heart, soft touch, fast horse. Ride me off into the sunset Baby, I'm forever yours It's the way you love me It's a feeling like this-- It's centrifical motion It's perpetual bliss. It's that pivotal moment It's Unthinkable This Kiss, This kKss (Unsinkable) This Kiss This Kiss You can kiss me in the moonlight On the rooftop under the sky You can kiss me with the windows open While the rain comes pouring inside Kiss me in sweet slow motion Let's let every thing slide You got me floating, You got me flying It's the way you love me It's a feeling like this-- It's centrifical motion It's perpetual bliss. It's that pivotal moment It's Subliminal This Kiss, This Kiss (It's Criminal) This Kiss, This Kiss

3/31/2011 #223
surfercharlie25

LOVE that song!

Here's one of the saddest and most beautiful country songs I've ever heard:

Easy Come, Easy Go- George Strait

Says she's had enough of me, I've had enough of her too. I might as well go on and set her free, she's already turned me loose. No fault, no blame, nobody done no wrong- That's just the way it sometimes goes. Sometimes two people just don't get along, it's time to hit the road. Goodbye, farewell, so long, vaya condios. Good luck, wish you well, take it slow. Easy come girl, easy go. We tried to work it out a hundred times, ninety- nine it didn't work. I think it's best we put it all behind before we wind up getting hurt. No hard feelings darling, no regrets, No tears and no broken hearts. Call it quits, calling off all bets, it just wasn't in the cards. Goodbye, farewell, so long, vaya condios. Good luck, wish you well, take it slow. Easy come girl, easy go. Easy come girl, easy go. Vaya condios, good luck, Easy come, easy go.

3/31/2011 #224
Rosemarysgraden001

Gotta hold on easy as I let you go Gonna tell you how much I love you Though you think you already know I remember I thought you looked like an angel wrapped in pink so soft and warm You've had me wrapped around your finger since the day you were born You beautiful baby from the outside in Chase your dreams but always know the road that'll lead you home again Go on, take on this whole world But to me you know you'll always be, my little girl When you were in trouble that crooked little smile could melt my heart of stone Now look at you, I've turned around and you've almost grown Sometimes you're asleep I whisper "I Love You" in the moonlight at your door As I walk away, I hear you say, "Daddy Love You More" Your beautiful baby from the outside in Chase your dreams but always know the road that'll lead you home again Go on, take on this whole world But to me you know you'll always be, my little girl Someday, some boy will come and ask me for your hand But I won't say "yes" to him unless I know, he's the half That makes you whole, he has a poet's soul, and the heart of a man's man I know he'll say that he's in love But between you and me He won't be good enough Your beautiful baby from the outside in Chase your dreams but always know the road that'll lead you home again Go on, take on this whole world But to me you know you'll always be, my little girl [Thanks to timmy3 for lyrics]

3/31/2011 #225
surfercharlie25

Lovely song!

This is one of my very favorite country songs, even though I'm a city boy:

A Country Boy Can Survive- Hank Williams, Jr.

The preacher man says it's the end of time And the Mississippi River she's a goin' dry The interest is up and the Stock Markets down And you only get mugged If you go down town I live back in the woods, you see A woman and the kids, and the dogs and me I got a shotgun rifle and a 4-wheel drive And a country boy can survive Country folks can survive I can plow a field all day long I can catch catfish from dusk till dawn We make our own whiskey and our own smoke too Ain't too many things these ole boys can't do We grow good ole tomatoes and homemade wine And a country boy can survive Country folks can survive Because you can't starve us out And you cant makes us run Cuz we're them old boys raised on shotgun And we say grace and we say Ma'am And if you ain't into that we don't give a damn We came from the West Virginia coalmines And the Rocky Mountains and the and the western skies And we can skin a buck; we can run a trot-line And a country boy can survive Country folks can survive I had a good friend in New York City He never called me by my name, just hillbilly My grandpa taught me how to live off the land And his taught him to be a businessman He used to send me pictures of the Broadway nights And I'd send him some homemade wine But he was killed by a man with a switchblade knife For 43 dollars my friend lost his life Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes And shoot him with my old 45 Cause a country boy can survive Country folks can survive Cause you can't starve us out and you can't make us run Cuz we're them old boys raised on shotgun And we say grace and we say Ma'am And if you ain't into that we don't give a damn We're from North California and south Alabam And little towns all around this land And we can skin a buck; we can run a trot-line And a country boy can survive Country folks can survive

3/31/2011 #226
Rosemarysgraden001

Luke Bryan

You need hands, rough not soft To come and warm you up up in that cold hayloft Let me hold you little darling in my big strong arms Can't get these kind of muscles anywhere but a farm Hey I'm a country man a city boy can't do the things I can I can grow my own groceries and salt cure a ham Hey baby I'm a country man I've got a jeep with camouflage seats That play nobody sees us parked back up in these trees Your little i-pod loaded down with hoope and stink Don't be a tape player hater girl were cruising to Hank Hey I'm a country man a city boy can't do the things I can Ican hotwire your tractor and plow up your land Hey baby I'm a country man You like the ivy league hum-v tennis sweater type But girl I'm here to tell you don't believe the high Hey I'm a country I can wrestle hogs and gators with my two bare hands Girl you better move quick I'm in high demand Hey baby I'm a country man Hey I'm a country man huntinh me a good ole' country girlfriend Why don't you come and join me in my new deerstand Hey baby I'm a country man Hey baby I'ma country man

3/31/2011 #227
surfercharlie25

Nice :)

Although I'm not overly religious, I love this song :) It actually describes angels under their true definition; anybody, alive or dead, who help another in an extreme, troubling situation :) If more of us were like the people in this song, this world would be a better place.

Angels Among Us- Alabama

I was walking home from school on a cold winter's day Took a shortcut through the woods and I lost my way It was getting late and I was scared and alone Then a kind old man took my hand and led me home Mama couldn't see him, but he was standing there But I knew in my heart, he was the answer to my prayers Oh I believe there are angels among us Sent down to us from somewhere up above They come to you and me in our darkest hours To show us how to live To teach us how to give To guide us with a light of love When life dealt troubled times and had me down on my knees There's always been someone there to come along and comfort me A kind word from a stranger to lend a helping hand A phone call from a friend just to say I understand Ain't it kind of funny at the dark end of the road Someone lights the way with just a single ray of hope Oh I believe there are angels among us Sent down to us from somewhere up above They come to you and me in our darkest hours To show us how to live To teach us how to give To guide us with a light of love They wear so many faces Show up in the strangest places Grace us with thier mercy In our time of need Oh I believe there are angels among us Sent down to us from somewhere up above They come to you and me in our darkest hours To show us how to live To teach us how to give To guide us with a light of love

3/31/2011 #228
Rosemarysgraden001

Every day when school got out I'd get off the bus and I'd run down That old dirt road where you were waiting for me On the front porch in that blue swing You'd be smiling and we would sing 'Amazing Grace' and 'Jesus Loves Me' You were like my mother You were my best friend You were everything I want to be And all the good inside of me There's never been Never been another That loved me like you did My grandmother, my angel Even though I can' touch your face I feel you with me every day I wish you could see all my dreams comin true When I get lost I close my eyes And I feel you shinin down so bright I feel you shinin down on me You were like my mother You were my best friend You were everything I want to be And all the good inside of me There's never been Never been another That loved me like you did My grandmother, my angel You were like my mother You were my best friend You were everything I want to be And all the good inside of me There's never been Never been another That loved me like you did My grandmother, my angel My angel [ More Pickler Kellie Lyrics ] Send "My Angel" Ringtone to Cell Phone

3/31/2011 #229
surfercharlie25

Nice song!

This may seriously be my fave country song; I never get tired of it :)

I'm in a Hurry and Don't Know Why- Alabama

I'm in a hurry to get things done Oh I rush and rush until life's no fun All I really gotta do is live and die But I'm in a hurry and don't know why Don't know why I have to drive so fast My car has nothing to prove It's not new But it'll do zero to sixty in five point two I'm in a hurry to get things done Oh I rush and rush until life's no fun All I really gotta do is live and die But I'm in a hurry and don't know why Can't be late, I leave in plenty of time Shakin' hands with the clock I can't stop I'm on a roll and I'm ready to rock I'm in a hurry to get things done Oh I rush and rush until life's no fun All I really gotta do is live and die But I'm in a hurry and don't know why Oh, I hear a voice That says I'm running behind Better pick up my pace It's a race and there ain't no room for someone in second place I'm in a hurry to get things done Oh I rush and rush until life's no fun All I really gotta do is live and die But I'm in a hurry and don't know why

3/31/2011 #230
Rosemarysgraden001

One ... two ... three ... Turn it up Big wheels keep on turnin' Carryin' me home to see my kin Singin' songs about the southland I miss Alabamy once again and I think its a sin ... yes Well I heard Mister Young sing about her Well I heard ol' Neil put her down Well I hope Neil Young will remember A Southern man don't need him around anyhow Sweet home Alabama Where the skies are so blue Sweet home Alabama Lord I'm comin' home to you In Birmingham they love the governor Boo, boo, boo Now we all did what we could do Now Watergate does not bother me Does your conscience bother you? ... tell the truth Sweet home Alabama Where the skies are so blue Sweet home Alabama ... oh, yes Lord I'm comin' home to you ... here I come ... Alabama Now Muscle Shoals has got the Swampers And they've been known to pick a song or two Lord they get me off so much They pick me up when I'm feelin' blue ... now how about you Sweet home Alabama Where the skies are so blue Sweet home Alabama Lord I'm comin' home to you Sweet home Alabama Oh sweet home Where the skies are so blue ... and the governor's true Sweet home Alabama Lorrrdy Lord I'm coming home to you Yeah, yeah My ... Montgomery's got the answer

3/31/2011 #231
surfercharlie25

Ooooohhhhh!!! LOVE THAT SONG!

Roll On Down the Highway- Bachman-Turner Overdrive

We rented a truck and a semi to go Travelled down the long and winding road Look on the map I think we've been here before, Close up the doors, let's roll once more. Cop on the corner, look he's startin' to write I don't need no ticket so I screamed out of sight, Drove so fast that my eyes can't see, Look in the mirror, is he still followin' me? Let it roll down the highway Let it roll down the highway, Roll, roll. Look at the sign, we're in the wrong place Move out boys, let's get ready to race 454 coming over the hill The man on patrol is going to give us a bill. The time's real short, you know the distance is long I'd like to have a jet but it's not in the song Climb back in the cab, cross your fingers for luck We gotta keep movin' if we're going to make a buck. Let it roll down the highway, . . .

3/31/2011 #232
Rosemarysgraden001

There was only one song I could respond with..

You get up every morning From your alarm clock's warning Take the 8:15 into the city There's a whistle up above And people pushin', people shovin' And the girls who try to look pretty And if your train's on time You can get to work by nine And start your slaving job to get your pay If you ever get annoyed Look at me I'm self-employed I love to work at nothing all day And I'll be... [Refrain] Taking care of business every day Taking care of business every way I've been taking care of business, it's all mine Taking care of business and working overtime Work out! If it were easy as fishin' You could be a musician If you could make sounds loud or mellow Get a second-hand guitar Chances are you'll go far If you get in with the right bunch of fellows People see you having fun Just a-lying in the sun Tell them that you like it this way It's the work that we avoid And we're all self-employed We love to work at nothing all day And we be... [Refrain] [Spoken] Take good care of my business When I'm away, every day whoo! [Repeat first 2 verses] [Refrain] Takin' care of business [4x] [Refrain] Takin' care of business [repeat, fade]

3/31/2011 #233
surfercharlie25

And that is a great one! LOVE BTO!

Only one song I can respond with:

I met a devil woman, she took my heart away She said I had it comin' to me, but I wanted it that way I think that any love is good lovin' And so I took what I could get, mmm Oooh, oooh, she looked at me with big brown eyes And said You ain't seen nothin' yet B-B-B-Baby, you just ain't seen nothin' yet Here's something that you never gonna forget B-B-B-Baby, you just ain't seen nothin' yet And now I'm feelin' better, 'cause I found out for sure She took me to her doctor and he told me of a cure He said that any love is good love So I took what I could get, yes, I took what I could get Oooh, and she looked at me with big brown eyes And said You ain't seen nothin' yet B-B-B-Baby, you just ain't seen nothin' yet Here's something, here's something that you're never gonna forget B-B-B-Baby, you just ain't seen nothin' yet You need educated [break] Any love is good love So I took what I could get, yes, I took what I could get And then, and then, and then she looked at me with big brown eyes And said You ain't seen nothin' yet Baby, you just ain't seen nothin' yet Here's something, here's something, here's something, mama, you're never gonna forget B-B-B-Baby, you just ain't seen nu-nu-nu-nothin' yet You ain't been around You ain't seen nothin' yet I know I ain't seen nothin' yet I know I ain't seen nothin' yet Baby, Baby, Baby You ain't seen nothin' yet

3/31/2011 #234
Rosemarysgraden001

The devil went down to Georgia, he was looking for a soul to steal. He was in a bind 'cos he was way behind: he was willin' to make a deal. When he came across this young man sawin' on a fiddle and playin' it hot. And the devil jumped upon a hickory stump and said: "Boy let me tell you what: "I bet you didn't know it, but I'm a fiddle player too. "And if you'd care to take a dare, I'll make a bet with you. "Now you play a pretty good fiddle, boy, but give the devil his due: "I bet a fiddle of gold against your soul, 'cos I think I'm better than you." The boy said: "My name's Johnny and it might be a sin, "But I'll take your bet, your gonna regret, 'cos I'm the best that's ever been." Johnny you rosin up your bow and play your fiddle hard. 'Cos hells broke loose in Georgia and the devil deals the cards. And if you win you get this shiny fiddle made of gold. But if you lose, the devil gets your soul. The devil opened up his case and he said: "I'll start this show." And fire flew from his fingertips as he rosined up his bow. And he pulled the bow across his strings and it made an evil hiss. Then a band of demons joined in and it sounded something like this. When the devil finished, Johnny said: "Well you're pretty good ol' son. "But sit down in that chair, right there, and let me show you how its done." Fire on the mountain, run boys, run. The devil's in the house of the risin' sun. Chicken in the bread pan, pickin' out dough. "Granny, does your dog bite?" "No, child, no." The devil bowed his head because he knew that he'd been beat. He laid that golden fiddle on the ground at Johnny's feet. Johnny said: "Devil just come on back if you ever want to try again. "I told you once, you son of a gun, I'm the best that's ever been." And he played fire on the mountain, run boys, run. The devil's in the house of the risin' sun. Chicken in the bread pan, now they're pickin' out dough. "Granny, will your dog bite?" "No, child, no."

3/31/2011 #235
surfercharlie25

NO WAY!!! I just now discovered that somebody posted this song on Youtube (it was not there before), and it's one of my fave '80s songs, so to celebrate a minor joy:

Nights are Forever- Jennifer Warnes

Faceless voices talking, Smoky rings of seared lives. Strangers telling stories, No one really buys. Through the neon starlight, they just watch the men move. Through the broken music, Of what they have to prove. Nights are forever, When you have no one. Nights are forever, When your just trying to hang on. Standing in the shadows, Staring holes in my clothes. We both know what's coming. This is how the game goes. Nights are forever, When you have no one. Nights are forever, When your just trying to hang on. All is all I want, You to give. Love me like, We've only got this night to live. Dancing makes me hungry. Lying bores me to tears. Lets just take each other, The way we appear. Nights are forever, When you have no one. Nights are forever, When your just trying to hang on.

3/31/2011 #236
Rosemarysgraden001

by lucero

it's nights like these, that make me sleep all day It's nights like these, that make you feel so far away It's nights like these, when nothing is for sure It's nights like these, I don't want you anymore Yet I've only got this one wish That I was good enough to make you forget The only boy, who ever broke your heart Cause nights like these tear me apart It's nights like these, the sad songs don't help It's nights like these, your heart's with someone else It's nights like these, I feel like giving up It's nights like these, I don't seem to count for much Yet I've only got this one wish That I was good enough to make you forget The only boy, who ever broke your heart Cause nights like these tear me apart The beer tastes like blood, my mouth is numb I can't make the words I need to say She had a weakness for writers And I I was never that good at the words anyways Well I've only got this one wish That I was as good enough to make you forget The only boy who ever broke your heart Cause nights like these tear me apart

3/31/2011 #237
surfercharlie25

Mmmmm... nice song :)

Don't know why I have this one on my mind, but it's a nice song, albeit a little sad:

The Boxer- Simon and Garfunkel

I am just a poor boy. Though my story's seldom told, I have squandered my resistance For a pocketful of mumbles, Such are promises All lies and jest Still, a man hears what he wants to hear And disregards the rest. When I left my home And my family, I was no more than a boy In the company of strangers In the quiet of the railway station, Running scared, Laying low, Seeking out the poorer quarters Where the ragged people go, Looking for the places Only they would know. Lie-la-lie... Asking only workman's wages I come looking for a job, But I get no offers, Just a come-on from the w*** On Seventh Avenue I do declare, There were times when I was so lonesome I took some comfort there. Lie-la-lie... Then I'm laying out my winter clothes And wishing I was gone, Going home Where the New York City winters Aren't bleeding me, Leading me, Going home. In the clearing stands a boxer, And a fighter by his trade And he carries the reminders Of ev'ry glove that laid him down And cut him till he cried out In his anger and his shame, "I am leaving, I am leaving." But the fighter still remains Lie-la-lie...

3/31/2011 #238
Rosemarysgraden001
Blue jean baby, L.A. lady, seamstress for the band Pretty eyed, pirate smile, you'll marry a music man Ballerina, you must have seen her dancing in the sand And now she's in me, always with me, tiny dancer in my handJesus freaks out in the street Handing tickets out for God Turning back she just laughs The boulevard is not that badPiano man he makes his stand In the auditorium Looking on she sings the songs The words she knows, the tune she humsBut oh how it feels so real Lying here with no one near Only you, and you can hear me When I say softly, slowlychorusHold me closer tiny dancer Count the headlights on the highway Lay me down in sheets of linen you had a busy day today[repeat chorus]Blue jean baby, L.A. lady, seamstress for the band Pretty eyed, pirate smile, you'll marry a music man Ballerina, you must have seen her dancing in the sand And now she's in me, always with me, tiny dancer in my handBut oh how it feels so real Lying here with no one near Only you, and you can hear me When I say softly, slowly[repeat chorus][repeat chorus]
3/31/2011 #239
surfercharlie25

TINY DANCER! One of my top ten songs of all time (totally not kidding you)! I love that you chose that song!

Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting- Elton John

It's getting late have you seen my mates Ma tell me when the boys get here It's seven o'clock and I want to rock Want to get a belly full of beer My old man's drunker than a barrel full of monkeys And my old lady she don't care My sister looks cute in her braces and boots A handful of grease in her hair Don't give us none of your aggravation We had it with your discipline Saturday night's alright for fighting Get a little action in Get about as oiled as a diesel train Gonna set this dance alight [ From: http://www.elyrics.net/read/e/elton-john-lyrics/saturday-night_s-alright-(For-fighting)-lyrics.html ] `Cause Saturday night's the night I like Saturday night's alright alright alright Well they're packed pretty tight in here tonight I'm looking for a dolly who'll see me right I may use a little muscle to get what I need I may sink a little drink and shout out "She's with me!" A couple of the sound that I really like Are the sounds of a switchblade and a motorbike I'm a juvenile product of the working class Whose best friend floats in the bottom of a glass

3/31/2011 #240
« Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Frap Spiral Architect, Hokuto Uchiha, YFIQ, surfercharlie25, Rosemarysgraden001
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member